HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville at Columbus | 12/14 7PM EST | Commercials with Bad Acting Edition

Old
12-14-2009, 08:35 PM
CapnCornelius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by megashock5 View Post
Can Rimer and Davidge really believe half of the b.s. they spew in the post-game?
Can Ken Hitchcock?

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:38 PM
megashock5

Send a message via AIM to megashock5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Can Ken Hitchcock?
Touché

megashock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:43 PM
n8lhf

Send a message via AIM to n8lhf
Quote:
Are you kidding or serious?

Just in case...

He coached Miami of Ohio. His wife died and he was never the same again. The program was on the rocks, they finally fired him.
I was serious, he seems to be very knowledgable about the game and I was wondering why someone hadn't hired him to coach.

n8lhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:44 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8lhf View Post
I was serious, he seems to be very knowledgable about the game and I was wondering why someone hadn't hired him to coach.
He's also very knowedgeable about the history of the sport in Ohio. Just needs to work on some of his catch phrases.

Old
12-14-2009, 08:48 PM
tkeats

Quote:
Originally Posted by megashock5 View Post
Can Rimer and Davidge really believe half of the b.s. they spew in the post-game?
I think they are afraid of being Jim Day-ed

tkeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:49 PM
CzechMate93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Better than Nash, that's for sure.

It said alot about Nash when Getzlaf cross checked him 3 times and Nash just put his head down and skated away, that spoke volumes.

And don't give me "oh Nash was just trying to stay out of the box", well the guy hitting Nash is the better player anyways and he didn't care about taking a penalty.
Getzlaf didnt get a penalty though.

CzechMate93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:

Just in case...

He coached Miami of Ohio. His wife died and he was never the same again. The program was on the rocks, they finally fired him.
I never knew that, that's sad to hear.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJalltheway View Post
Getzlaf didnt get a penalty though.
You are correct, makes Nash look like more of a wimp too.

Old
12-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Next home game will be below 10,000.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Better than Nash, that's for sure.

It said alot about Nash when Getzlaf cross checked him 3 times and Nash just put his head down and skated away, that spoke volumes.

And don't give me "oh Nash was just trying to stay out of the box", well the guy hitting Nash is the better player anyways and he didn't care about taking a penalty.
LOL...if that is what you want to call it "crap". Truth of the matter is, since this Nash was drafted the team goes as he goes. If he is in the box for 5 minutes especially during a power-play our scoring ability drops dramatically. I know some of you love to blame Nash every time he doesn't accept an invitation or every time he doesn't stick up for somebody, but Nash is 100 times better of a player than Umberger is. I know Umberger is the popular guy to praise every time he frowns but holy hell...Umberger is part of the team that is sucking just like Nash. Getzlaf may be better than Nash but it isn't by a large margin. This team sucks because the defense sucks, plain and simple. Why is a team like Nashville that has had so little talent at forward been so successful for so long? Defense.

Just accept that Nash is a laid back guy and doesn't play every game pissed off.

Last edited by Doug19: 12-14-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

.............Getzlaf would've been in the box for 5 minutes too. Other than that it was an okay post.

Old
12-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Back from another miserable display of hockey.

I am really ready to ask the Blue Jackets for a refund, as I have thus far wasted a lot of money on this team this year.

I am watching the 2001-2002 Jackets. They are playing that badly. And the real pisser is that there is no emotion out there. They get out-played, and out scored, and do we see any emotion out of these guys what-so-ever? NO! They just roll over, and die.

Forget the play-offs this year. I see no way that these guys make some stunning turn around and pull this season out. Maybe next year with Moore, Calvert, Filatov(?), and a high draft pick, but this years team shows absolutely no fire and emotion.

Right now, it is that bad!

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Doug19

Who cares about getzlaf..you play to win not to keep the other team from winning. Unlike our team Anehiem has a ton of mature talent that can pick up the slack. Our team has way to many young kids still learning what it takes to be consistent game in and game out. I personally don't see passion out of anybody on the ice, no hitting, no anything which was here in years past. It's sad to see what this team has become despite the most skilled team we've ever iced. Guess it goes back to the old saying defense wins championships. Until we get what we have never had (a good all-around defender) we will continue to either not make the playoffs or get trounced in the first round. The ball is in Howson's court now, because most GM's wouldn't let a team slide like this without making a move to change things up.

Old
12-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Doug19

I've already told my friends and GF I won't be going to anymore games this year until the team shows heart. Emotionally detaching yourself from this team is some advice because it has done wonders for my life lol. I used to get infuriated after every loss, but I told myself I won't care until the players care. We both haven't cared for about 2 months now.

Old
12-14-2009, 09:16 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRiffle View Post
LOL...if that is what you want to call it "crap". Truth of the matter is, since this Nash was drafted the team goes as he goes. If he is in the box for 5 minutes especially during a power-play our scoring ability drops dramatically. I know some of you (idiots) love to blame Nash every time he doesn't accept an invitation or every time he doesn't stick up for somebody, but Nash is 100 times better of a player than Umberger is. I know Umberger is the popular guy to praise every time he frowns but holy hell...Umberger is part of the team that is sucking just like Nash. Getzlaf may be better than Nash but it isn't by a large margin. This team sucks because the defense sucks, plain and simple. Why is a team like Nashville that has had so little talent at forward been so successful for so long? Defense.

Just accept that Nash is a laid back guy and doesn't play every game pissed off.
You mean, doesn't play "any" game p***ed off. Listen, I don't want him to be Jody Shelley, but it'd be nice if he occasionally answered the bell. The only guys on this team that drop the gloves ever are a bunch of lightweights. Heck, Kris Russell is more willing to go than Nash.

Old
12-14-2009, 09:16 PM
skimp

My exam went well. Thanks for asking.

Jackets lost. That means the problem isn't me; it's one of YOU impatient crybaby cliff-jumpers.

I'm done for the semester. Who wants to get drunk?

skimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Doug19

Quote:
You mean, doesn't play "any" game p***ed off. Listen, I don't want him to be Jody Shelley, but it'd be nice if he occasionally answered the bell. The only guys on this team that drop the gloves ever are a bunch of lightweights. Heck, Kris Russell is more willing to go than Nash.
Nash has more career fights than Russell though. He doesn't need to answer the "bell" because he needs to be on the ice trying to score goals. I really don't get how that is a hard concept. Your best player should be on the ice not in the box. An occasional fight once or twice a year is cool and all but he had no reason to answer the bell to Getzlaf.

Old
12-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimp View Post
I'm done for the semester. Who wants to get drunk?
Me. Damn early freaking dentist appointment that won't let that happen. Oh and Rimer and Davidge, but you knew that already.

Congrats on being done!

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:23 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRiffle View Post
Nash has more career fights than Russell though. He doesn't need to answer the "bell" because he needs to be on the ice trying to score goals. I really don't get how that is a hard concept. Your best player should be on the ice not in the box. An occasional fight once or twice a year is cool and all but he had no reason to answer the bell to Getzlaf.
Yeah, just keep letting him cross check you. That will get the message across that you don't take crap from no one.

Not like Nash is alone though. We've got a team full of big guys who are all talk and no action.

Old
12-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Doug19

Getzlaf crosscheck him 2 times on the second time Nash went back at him but was met by teammates. That hardly constitutes the criticism. Everyone loves Umberger but I don't see him going out there and sticking up for teammates either. Heck Commodore is huge and he is a...well huge *****.

Old
12-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Yeah, just keep letting him cross check you. That will get the message across that you don't take crap from no one.

Not like Nash is alone though. We've got a team full of big guys who are all talk and no action.
Nah, Commie's a man of action. He says he's going to go out and party, and then by God he goes out and does it.

Old
12-14-2009, 09:31 PM
skimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
Me. Damn early freaking dentist appointment that won't let that happen. Oh and Rimer and Davidge, but you knew that already.

Congrats on being done!
Bad enough I have to study by myself; now I have to drink by myself, too?

skimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Happy Pony

Quote:

Just in case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8lhf View Post
Davidge wasn't and has never been much of a coach. Someone mentioned earlier that it seems like he is trying to remind us that he knows more than everyone else. That's exactly how he is in person.

His coaching record in 4 years at Miami:

8-28-2
8-31-0
12-25-1
11-17-0

Waiting for the highlights??? on NHL network. Glad I didn't see this one.

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Smash cut to you doing some other stuff by yourself tonight while crying.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Hmmm... I know what "studying" means. Do I want to know what "drinking" means?