HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville at Columbus | 12/14 7PM EST | Commercials with Bad Acting Edition

Old
12-14-2009, 09:33 PM
CapnCornelius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRiffle View Post
Getzlaf crosscheck him 2 times on the second time Nash went back at him but was met by teammates. That hardly constitutes the criticism. Everyone loves Umberger but I don't see him going out there and sticking up for teammates either. Heck Commodore is huge and he is a...well huge *****.
You're not getting disagreement from me. Again, we have plenty of big "Hitch" guys and yet not a single one of these large humans can be bothered to stick up for their teammates?

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
You're not getting disagreement from me. Again, we have plenty of big "Hitch" guys and yet not a single one of these large humans can be bothered to stick up for their teammates?
DD keeps breaking his hands.
Boll hasn't won a fight since 'Nam.
Commodore is too fat to win a fight.
Brassard isn't allowed.

Looks like we need an enforcer.

Filatov to Tampa Bay for Konopka?

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimp View Post
Bad enough I have to study by myself; now I have to drink by myself, too?
i can't celebrate until tomorrow when i'm done...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Doug19

It's sad because last years team and years before did that a lot more than this team is, yet CBJ has never been known for "sticking up" for each other. This team has no balls and it sucks, they suck.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
skimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Smash cut to you doing some other stuff by yourself tonight while crying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
Hmmm... I know what "studying" means. Do I want to know what "drinking" means?
You're both terrible human beings.

Correct, but terrible.

skimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
Davidge wasn't and has never been much of a coach. Someone mentioned earlier that it seems like he is trying to remind us that he knows more than everyone else. That's exactly how he is in person.

His coaching record in 4 years at Miami:

8-28-2
8-31-0
12-25-1
11-17-0

Waiting for the highlights??? on NHL network. Glad I didn't see this one.
Umm, again, the guy's wife died shortly after he took over. Not sure hockey was his first priority. Have some respect.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Filatov to Tampa Bay for Konopka?
don't we have enough Konopkas around here already???

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:41 PM
jktsfan*

Back from the game - yet another terrible display. No real reason to post other than to say I sat (near) the most obnoxious woman I have ever seen/heard tonight. "Come on you creeps. . . Let's go!" She was sitting in the 'accessible' seating in 216. I can only surmise two things:

1) She was in accessible seating because her ass is too wide to fit in a real seat.

2) Her husband is either a)New or b)ready to kill himself

Thanks for another LOSER tonight boys.

jktsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Umm, again, the guy's wife died shortly after he took over. Not sure hockey was his first priority. Have some respect.
Right, I understand that. I also know Bill and can tell you that a long, successful career in coaching was not going to happen for him regardless of his personal situation.

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Back from the game...two home games in a row and I live in KY... (my son has a home in Columbus).

Anyway, I cheered quite a bit (yelled) when we where close at 3-2... Another 5x3 with no results. The best thing of the night was a beer fight in the asile between 115and 114 during the third period....

As for the game the Jackets played well for about 5 minutes when it was close, and Methot needs to be told that one either blocks the shot or gets out of the way.

Another bad effort by the Blue Jackets...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Back from the game...two home games in a row and I live in KY... (my son has a home in Columbus).

Anyway, I cheered quite a bit (yelled) when we where close at 3-2... Another 5x3 with no results. The best thing of the night was a beer fight in the asile between 115and 114 during the third period....

As for the game the Jackets played well for about 5 minutes when it was close, and Methot needs to be told that one either blocks the shot or gets out of the way.

Another bad effort by the Blue Jackets...
Damn, Robert, let me know the next game you are going to be at and I'll buy you a couple of beers at the Rbar. I am usually there before most home games. Was there tonight, and had a great time. That is until I had to watch another piss poor performance by the Jackets.

Anyway, PM me and I'll let you know who to look for at the Rbar.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
This game can be summed up by one smiley.

Figures that on free food night, the Jackets wouldn't come hungry to play. (Insert your obligatory Hitch fat joke here)

-Hitch has lost some key members of the team.
-Jason Chimera still gets payed by the offside.
-Really disappointed that some of the better fans gave some of their free food to some of the non-STH scum.
-CBJ Puck Cougar threw cotton candy on the ice.
-Nice fight in the stands
-I want to puke right now.

12-14-2009, 10:12 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Anyone in 115 or 116 see what started the fight? All I got to see was two guys rolling down the steps and the guy in gray being pulled out by CPD. Best part of the game by far.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Damn, Robert, let me know the next game you are going to be at and I'll buy you a couple of beers at the Rbar. I am usually there before most home games. Was there tonight, and had a great time. That is until I had to watch another piss poor performance by the Jackets.

Anyway, PM me and I'll let you know who to look for at the Rbar.
My next game will be vs. those smucks from WNY.... You know, the team with the goalie.

Old
12-14-2009, 10:14 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Nuggets of joy from me. I just got back from the game:

Some good (good being a relative term):
-We were resilient at times. It just wasn't enough.
-After 40, it could have been 7-2 NSH, but it also could've been 4-4 or 5-4 CBJ.

And now...:
-I need to build cross-country flight time. I will PERSONALLY fly Marc Methot to Syracuse. He's back on the top of my list. I'd like to thank his ass for the turnover that led to the first goal against of the night.
-I'd also like to thank the ref who called the tripping penalty that led to the 4-on-4 and Sullivan's hat trick. Does it count as tripping if the guy who was "tripped" never FELL? That's perhaps the worst call I've ever seen.
---As dumb as it may sound, can the NHL look into reviewing penalty calls if they're utter BS? With how hideous some of the officiating is, it might not be a bad idea.
-Steve Sullivan 3 Columbus Blue Jackets 3. I'd never seen a hat trick live before this season...now I've seen three. Unfortunately, two of them are against (Sullivan, Heatley @SJ).
-Hamhuis was more than glad to clear the puck when needed when they were on the PK. (Jan Hejda, take note. That's how you clear the puck when SH.)
-That Nashville Chinese Fire Drill in the 2nd about gave me a stroke. Again, just get the puck out.
-I was in 218. The 5th goal happened while the Donatos pizzas were being tossed, thus we all missed it until after it happened.
-I'm glad we have a Power Play this year.
-I hate Adam Sandler and Will Ferrell. Just sayin'...

Fix it, GMSH. Do what you have to.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Halfboard
mmmm, beer

Just got back from the game................nothing more to really add....no emotion, no fire, no hitting, soft, terrible passing, get pushed off the puck constantly.........on and on........

Loved Hitchcock's postgame comments on the radio........

same ole BS............he points out all the obvious problems we all see, yet says nothing as to how he or anyone in the organization or within the team is going to address these problems.........

Oh well, we did pick up our free chilli on the way home. That's all that matters, right?

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Anyone in 115 or 116 see what started the fight? All I got to see was two guys rolling down the steps and the guy in gray being pulled out by CPD. Best part of the game by far.
I did... a younger guy (with no hockey gear on) was drunk and yaking it up. A season ticket holder turned around and asked him to stop swearing.. Seconds later another Jacket fan cold cocked him and he rolled down the steps with beer spilling everywhere. Within seconds the police dragged him out... An usher checked his tickets before the scum broke out so he had valid seats but he was drunk and very ticked off at the Jackets...

Old
12-14-2009, 10:45 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
-I'd also like to thank the ref who called the tripping penalty that led to the 4-on-4 and Sullivan's hat trick. Does it count as tripping if the guy who was "tripped" never FELL? That's perhaps the worst call I've ever seen.
---As dumb as it may sound, can the NHL look into reviewing penalty calls if they're utter BS? With how hideous some of the officiating is, it might not be a bad idea.
if it was the trip on ward, i think that you need to go back and look at a replay. he did fall down, he just got up pretty quickly and went in on the 2 on 1.

officiating was pretty ruff in that game, but that one wasnt ruff. it was definitely more of a trip than the one on weber. but not trying to fight here, refs were pretty bad. heh, at least they were to your advantage most the night.

and lets not blame the refs when they gave the jackets a golden opportunity for a 1:15 or so of 5 on 3. that pretty much was the gamebreaker there. preds played with much more energy after that kill

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:54 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
if it was the trip on ward, i think that you need to go back and look at a replay. he did fall down, he just got up pretty quickly and went in on the 2 on 1.
I'll see if I can see it again if it's on the highlight reel & if it is, I'll eat some crow. I try not to rag too hard on the refs (unless it's justified ), but at first glance, that one looked crappy.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:01 PM
aRussian

I just got back...
Well, I'm not going to anymore games Jackets. Not for a while anyway. Thanks for playing like **** *******. Defense didn't hit a body except on the Methot hip check. Didn't make up for his turnover in any way. I'm just going to take an emotional break from this team; I'm honestly getting pretty depressed anymore. We aren't making the playoffs.

Oh, and I didn't realize Sullivan had a hatty until I just read over some posts. That's grand. Goodnight, I'll still watch on tv but I'm done investing in this **** machine.

aRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
I'll see if I can see it again if it's on the highlight reel & if it is, I'll eat some crow. I try not to rag too hard on the refs (unless it's justified ), but at first glance, that one looked crappy.
No, it doesn't matter at all if a player falls or not when tripped. Infact, if you keep your feet moving and manage to power through a trip the refs are MORE likely to make the tripping call. Otherwise, all you're doing is embellishing and the refs aren't supposed to reward divers.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Jackets can't blame the refs for this stinker. Suprised there aren't any Nashville fans complaining about Jones getting 2 minutes for Vermette losing an edge.

Speaking of losing an edge...I'd love for the Dispatch to touch on why the ice has seemed to be fairly crappy this season.

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:37 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Jackets can't blame the refs for this stinker. Suprised there aren't any Nashville fans complaining about Jones getting 2 minutes for Vermette losing an edge.

Speaking of losing an edge...I'd love for the Dispatch to touch on why the ice has seemed to be fairly crappy this season.
jones got his stick up, but it was a one handed hook. ticky tack call, but depending on angle of ref, i can understand it.

ice has been pretty bad at a lot of rinks this year it seems. another pred fans pointed something out that i did notice a couple times, maybe more insight can be had by jacket fans. the puck seemed to take quite a few strange bounces off the glass in the game. just when someone wrapped around glass going in or out of zone. is that something normal, or was a fluke tonight? seems off or something on glass?

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:05 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post

Has the ice maintenance team quit on Hitchcock, too?

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 02:26 AM
EDM

The team is playing now almost exactly like it did at the end of Gallant's tenure, kind of floating around with no particular purpose, occasionally scoring a goal, giving up lots of goals, no checking or hits, and waiting for the final horn to sound to end the game. And Hitch is now reduced to a Gallant with no idea what to do or change and just babbling some cliches to the media at the end of the game. That Hitch clearly has lost this team is illustrated by the fact that the only thing he could think of to shake things up was to put Chimera, yes, Chimera, on the first line. Hitch might as well waive the white flag and surrender. He has no idea what to do.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote