HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Danton

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2004, 01:18 PM
blue bleeder 24-7

vCash: 500
"Gee, I guess it's a surprise Danton didn't live in the Central West End with all the other flit-boys"

and yet you say it

lol, J/k

its to bad really, Danton was a good player, always gritty, fast, determined...a perfect replacement for NAsh, now who will replace Danton?

Old
04-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue bleeder 24-7
"Gee, I guess it's a surprise Danton didn't live in the Central West End with all the other flit-boys"

and yet you say it

lol, J/k
No, I said last night that he should have found a girl at Meramac or Forest Park - you know you can't trust those Flo Valley girls.

(That's one of the *very* few comments from last night I can post and stay within board rules.)

04-17-2004, 01:36 PM
slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue bleeder 24-7

and yet you say it

lol, J/k

its to bad really, Danton was a good player, always gritty, fast, determined...a perfect replacement for NAsh, now who will replace Danton?

I saw him play a lot of junior in the Toronto area and really liked him as I've never seen anyone play so aggressively He must have been awfull to play against. I remember his first shift at St. Mike's after being traded from Sarnia, made quite the stir! He would do what ever it took to get the puck.

I was disapointed when he and his three friends (Quinte 4) were traded to Barrie. They were the best players on the team.

Old
04-17-2004, 04:10 PM
WrightOn

I didn't realize I was frequenting a 'police state' message board. Geez!!!!
i haven't commented yet on the Danton topic, and find the 'don't say anything bad about anyone' topic much more intriguing and bizarre!!!!!
What the !@#$ is this!!!! A church!?!?!?!?
I have a hard time believing anyone could sue anyone for saying, "Danton is gay" for instance........or even inquiring about it!
Ridiculous! Maybe people can erase your message.....but don't be afraid to try.....this is America!

Now the moderators may proceed to arresting and shushing me!!!
Just kidding, moderators...Apparently you are doing your job........silly as it seems to me.
Carry on.

Old
04-17-2004, 04:15 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
On another message board in a parallel universe, I did come up with the theory that Frost could have been the man in the apartment, and therefore, the whole gay thing would be a non-issue. HOWEVER, in all honestly... if the guy is an agent for a number of players, and I am sure he is not solely repping Mike Danton... then what was he doing in Suburban Illinois in Danton's apartment, when he should be at his base of operations, representing all of his clients?

Personally, I think Mike Danton is troubled, whether gay or not, and I hope he can somehow get through this horrific scenario. It certainly looks like it is going to cost him his hockey career, and probably some serious jail time, but now is not the time to be joking about crap like his cellmates, etc.

I am fairly certain that Mike Danton would not be the first gay hockey player to lace 'em up in the NHL, but I'm equally certain he IS the first to get caught in a horrible murder-for-hire scandal.

Old
04-18-2004, 02:12 AM
SwisshockeyAcademy

That horrifying Barrie Colt team will not go away. I knew they were A poison outfit the minute they toucjed down in Halifax. Jefferson and Keefe being the ringleaders. Or was it frost? Bill Stewart? He of the hide the Ukrainian under the bus trick.

Old
04-18-2004, 02:15 AM
Doug Weight 39

Adam Oates

Maybe Frost is like Jerry Maguire and spends all his time with his best / only? client

Old
04-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Benji Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
On another message board in a parallel universe, I did come up with the theory that Frost could have been the man in the apartment, and therefore, the whole gay thing would be a non-issue. HOWEVER, in all honestly... if the guy is an agent for a number of players, and I am sure he is not solely repping Mike Danton... then what was he doing in Suburban Illinois in Danton's apartment, when he should be at his base of operations, representing all of his clients?
Unless Frost is living there year round, your explanation makes some sense.... Danton was told recently by someone to stop whining about being a healthy scratch and to put the team first. He's a RFA this summer (I think) so it's conceivable his agent could have come to visit him and lay out what he needs to do in order for him to represent Danton in negotiations this summer. This would include be a team player, cut back on drinking and womanizing.... Perhaps the cutting back on barhopping and picking up the women wasn't something Danton wanted to hear..... and he also didn't want to face the scrutiny and questioning by management & media of why his agent since he was a teenager would leave him on the eve of some very big negotiations....... of course, if the agent is dead.........

JMO.....

Old
04-18-2004, 08:07 PM
The Flash

Apparently Slam has no qualms making unsubstantiated claims.

http://www.slam.ca/Slam040418/nhl_stl-sun.html

Old
04-19-2004, 09:30 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...UTF-8%26sa%3DG

Mike Danton's friend.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:19 AM
hockeyfan822

Question??

If the so-called acquaintance was Frost, wouldn't it seem a bit bizarre for Mike to think that he could have him killed in his apartment and then pass that off as a break-in gone wrong??? I don't see any police officer buying that someone so close to Danton was breaking into his apartment to rob him. That makes me think that perhaps the man in the apartment was not Frost at all.

Thoughts??

Old
04-19-2004, 10:57 AM
Frenzy1

Anything else going to happen to my Blues this year? WHY, WHY, WHY????

Sorry, had to rant.

He sounds like his head is pretty messed up. Danton had some authority issues in NJ, but had been pretty good in St. Louis until he was scratched after returning from injury. This goes well beyond anything many have seen in the NHL.

I guess my question would be was this roommate Frost, as some other have mentioned as a possibility. Imagine that you mentor is leaving you, after helping remove your family from your life. I can see that causing some serious worry for a young man w/ abandonment issues.

It also sounds like the NHL should look into Frost as an agent to see if there has been any misconduct on his behalf.

Old
04-19-2004, 01:31 PM
slowpoke

More Frost/Danton/Jefferson stuff

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...=1044442957278

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...=1082239811269

Old
04-19-2004, 07:15 PM
Irish Blues

I think this is either going to get weirder as the days go on, or something will come out and we'll all say, "Oh....so THAT explains things."

Right now I feel sorry for Danton. Not for trying to hire a hit man, but b/c I think his life has been screwed up for a while and things got way out of his control. I'm hoping for the best for him, regardless of how things play out in court. I hope he gets his life together at some point.

And WrightOn...that knock you'll hear at the door in the middle of the night will be us moderators and our secret fedayeen...so don't bother trying to hide. We'll just look on the fire escape and find you there, too.

Old
04-20-2004, 01:36 PM
WrightOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
I think this is either going to get weirder as the days go on, or something will come out and we'll all say, "Oh....so THAT explains things."

Right now I feel sorry for Danton. Not for trying to hire a hit man, but b/c I think his life has been screwed up for a while and things got way out of his control. I'm hoping for the best for him, regardless of how things play out in court. I hope he gets his life together at some point.

And WrightOn...that knock you'll hear at the door in the middle of the night will be us moderators and our secret fedayeen...so don't bother trying to hide. We'll just look on the fire escape and find you there, too.
Don't worry, I'm a CBJ fan....Tchachuck will just deep six me (without a penalty) and then you'll find me...................SCORE!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-20-2004, 04:31 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightOn
Don't worry, I'm a CBJ fan....Tchachuck will just deep six me (without a penalty) and then you'll find me...................SCORE!!!!!!!!!
No he won't....tell him it's the playoffs, he'll miss the tap-in and take a stupid penalty to boot.

Old
04-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Jon

I think Danton/Jefferson is the victim, just like Sheldon Kennedy was Graham James' victim!

Old
04-21-2004, 04:42 PM
c-carp

This is definatly a ****ed up situation, but I am going to reserve judgement on the kid until all the facts are straight. although as it stands now its almost a lock that he is in a ******** of trouble.

Old
04-21-2004, 07:30 PM
Jets4Life

It's too bad that it had to come to this to expose Frost as a sociopatic manipulator.

Old
04-22-2004, 07:21 AM
justapantherfan

I just finished reading this and boy did he pick the wrong person to ask for help. She asks help from someone who works for the police. Not to bright.

Old
04-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
No he won't....tell him it's the playoffs, he'll miss the tap-in and take a stupid penalty to boot.
Well said Irish. He's done that every year.

Old
04-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by justapantherfan
I just finished reading this and boy did he pick the wrong person to ask for help. She asks help from someone who works for the police. Not to bright.
What I find funny is, depending on the media outlet, either you hear who he is or his name is being withheld "for privacy reasons." So, one TV station won't report his name but another will give his name, age, job and a photo of him.

Old
04-25-2004, 06:21 PM
Prussian_Blue

If David Frost was a Russian...

...his name would be Cherkov.

Only fitting that post #666 should be a link to the Devils' board:

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1255008&postcount=43

Danton's agent is apparently a real piece of (work). Here's a link to the guy's bio from NHLPA.com:

http://www.nhlpa.com/Content/ABOUT_T...id_Agent=25438

Is that a scary-lookin' dirtbag or what? Nice professional attire, there, Dave...

This can't be a good situation for Mike Danton, and it's a freakin' shame.

PrussianBlue

Old
04-26-2004, 08:37 AM
ColdSteelOnIce

http://www.sperts.net/article.php?page=198

Part of me wants to laugh, the other part thinks I shouldn't.

Old
04-26-2004, 08:33 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

off topic and full of black humour: Is this another way that we pay The Devils?

I mean, hello s**tstorm. PR nightmare for a team...that is a PR nightmare.

Those PR guys need a raise.

Closed Thread