HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

s19 vs se 16 vs Ccm Crazy light

Old
12-14-2009, 05:23 PM
HannaColts

vCash: 500
s19 vs se 16 vs Ccm Crazy light

What stick should I get?

Durability is probably the main thing for me.

thanks a lot!!

and give reasoning on why I should too please!

HannaColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 05:36 PM
CuteHockeyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannaColts View Post
What stick should I get?

thanks a lot!!

If durability is the main thing, then cross out the CCM U+ Crazy Light. I don't know anything about the S19 or SE 16 so I'll let someone else take care of that biz.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 05:45 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

None of those. The SE16 has a blade that has a reputation for being delicate, the S19 is much better then the S17 but the jury is still out, and the CL is not durable at all.

If durability is the main concern, look into an easton ST.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Lososaurus

I have a pair of Synergy ST's that have been to hell and back enough times to build enough frequent flier miles to take a trip to pluto. If it's durability you want, go for the ST.

Lososaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons

CCMU+ is a definite no. I know someone who broke three in a month. One by recieving a pass...

Moses Doughty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 07:54 PM
rinkrat22

I broke an se16 in 2 weeks right in the middle of the blade. and Im an old sheety beer leaguer.

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Maupin Fan
Hot Air

st or a one95

Maupin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:14 PM
nyr33

what type of player are you? what kind of shots do you take, are you a hacker, etc... you should probably get a 2 piece stick if you want durability.

nyr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Saved*

Well, out of the people here, I'm giving the CCM U+ CL and normal U+'s a passing grade. I've used them for the past year now, and having played relatively high level of adult hockey, they're as durable, or more so, than the other sticks on the market. I've broken 2 in the past year now, both on plays that would have broke any other stick.

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:47 PM
shotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannaColts View Post
What stick should I get?

thanks a lot!!

i've used all three. they are all very different sticks. i'll speak to the S19 and U+CL though as i dont feel that SE16 is in the same category.

currently i bring an S19 and a U+ CL to every game and alternate between each because i enjoy each of them for their own unique characteristics.

firstly, i find the S19 to be way more durable than the S17 (big improvements here). the U+ CL has a much different feel than any other stick i've ever used, and the response is amazing. i never used the U+, but from what i hear, there were major problems with premature blade degradation.

msrp on the two are significantly different (S19 is $300, U+CL is $249), the U+CL is much lighter than easton would have you believe (they list the S19 at 410) while the U+CL is CONFIRMED at 405, the real life difference in weight between the two is much more than 5 grams. the S19 feels more delicate while in use, but that just may be me since i flew through S17s last season) shaft shape on the S19 is concave, whereas the U+CL is rounded. if you're concerned about durability, you really should consider a lower price point stick as this category hardly emphasizes "durable" as a feature. however, if you choose to go the top of the line route, consider the fact that a U+CL easily transitions into a decent 2 piece while the S19 takes a bit more patience (i've broken one of each)

go handle both of them with your gloves on, play around with them, figure out which shaft shape feels best for you and commit!

i cant choose between the two (like i said, i bring both to every game and decide in the warm up), but at least i can offer some first hand experience.

shotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:54 PM
SouthpawTRK

I would say get what you like; whether it's the CCM U+CL or the S19; you are the one that is going to have to use it. There are definitely going to be mixed reactions on which one will be more durable (or possibly going with another model stick). I have a buddy that plays roller hockey 3 times a week that has never broken his SE16 (he's bought new ones because of the shaft/blade losing it's flex). Other players will have broken a new stick in a handful of games or even worse; one game. A two piece set up might be a better way to go, that way if you snap/crack a blade, you don't have to replace the entire stick. Best of luck on whatever stick you purchase!

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 04:56 AM
iceman_88888888

i've only used the s19 and the former s17 and se16 so i can't comment on the u+ (altho i really wanna get my hands on one and try it).

the stories of easton's durability can be confirmed by me. i've gone thru probably 6 sticks in beer league hockey over the past 2 seasons. the s19 blade chipped at the toe and broke in maybe 4 games. the s17 blade broke right in the middle. and the se16 snapped at the shaft, broke in the heel, split in the toe, and chipped and broke in the middle.

while the stick was healthy, the performance and feel were amazing and better than any other stick i've used. but if you want durability, the bauer 195 has survived a full season plus weekend shinny games and my experience with the warrior dolomite makes me want to go back to it and try it out again.

iceman_88888888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 06:13 PM
funktasticblues93

Send a message via Yahoo to funktasticblues93
If it doesn't have to be any of those sticks, I would say go with the one95

funktasticblues93 is offline   Reply With Quote