HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PJ Stock fired from Team 990

Old
12-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Galchenyuk94

vCash: 500
Ok so everybody on this board hates everyone except Dany Dubé, MAG, M. Brunet and M. McGuire ?

Stock was cool. I liked him. Its not cause you're not a habs homer that you suck...

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

so whats the story, what did he say?

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 02:07 PM
seanp316

Waaaaaaait a sec here. I was listening to his show at 12:50 and he was yelling about being fired. I thought he was joking around. Why would they have him on air today if he was fired?

seanp316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Dutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanp316 View Post
Waaaaaaait a sec here. I was listening to his show at 12:50 and he was yelling about being fired. I thought he was joking around. Why would they have him on air today if he was fired?
Cause he was kidding. He said at noon that he was going nowhere and it was all a rumor.

Boy, what kind of city is Montreal when you have rumors coming out not only about the players, but even the journalists in Montreal.

I hear Tremblay has links with the Mafia...

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanp316 View Post
PJ broke the Malkin to Montreal trade ...

Team 990 had a wrester beat up a female host....

its all good

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Artyukhin*

PJ STOCK TO COACH TAMPABAY ...

will be the next thing we hear

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterman View Post
I am so glad that moron Stock is gone from Team 990. Instead of trying to find another job in Montreal for the new year he should have just moved to Boston and become a radio shock sports booster for the Bruins and be done with it.

Now Team 990 just needs to slap some sense into Marinaro before his ego inflates to the size of his appetite.
still have trouble taking marinaro seriously, always makes it seem like he has been there and done done that........but fact is he never picked up a hockey stick in his life...

Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Go Habs Go

I don't know how he is on the Team 990 but I know I hate him on CBC.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:20 PM
jwise514

great chirp by PJ Stock today...

Talking to Lorne Rubin. Lorne says: "so I'm at Coyotes game in Phoenix, and this guy in front of me won't shut up for two periods about who is doing what wrong on the ice. In the third, he asks his buddy sitting next to him, 'you ever skate before? i've never tried.'"

PJ's reply: "You sure it wasn't Tony Marinaro?"

CLASSIC. Tony knows squat about the game. The fact that he appears regularly on L'Attaque a 5 reflects poorly on the English media in this city. I hope francophones who watch the show don't think that Marinaro is well regarded on our side of the tracks.

jwise514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:22 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

but tony vouches for mcguire as gm

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:24 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwise514 View Post
Talking to Lorne Rubin. Lorne says: "so I'm at Coyotes game in Phoenix, and this guy in front of me won't shut up for two periods about who is doing what wrong on the ice. In the third, he asks his buddy sitting next to him, 'you ever skate before? i've never tried.'"

CLASSIC. Tony knows squat about the game. The fact that he appears regularly on L'Attaque a 5 reflects poorly on the English media in this city. I hope francophones who watch the show don't think that Marinaro is well regarded on our side of the tracks.
Both Francos and Anglos on these boards are drooling everytime he shows up on L'attaque a 5

Never understood why, the guy is a clown just as the rest

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwise514 View Post

He gives Jean Perron a run for his money, good on him.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Etienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
Both Francos and Anglos on these boards are drooling everytime he shows up on L'attaque a 5

Never understood why, the guy is a clown just as the rest
He's a lesser clown compared to the rest of them at l'Attaque à 5. And he's not afraid to call others out on their stupidities.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:46 PM
OneSharpMarble

Alot of guys who played their entire lives know nothing about the sport from the other side of the coin aswell.

This goes both ways.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
but but but i thought Mr Marinaro had GMs' numbers on his speed-dial...

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:50 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
He's a lesser clown compared to the rest of them at l'Attaque à 5. And he's not afraid to call others out on their stupidities.
So is Richard Labbé and i don't see anyone praising him

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Rejaune had some pretty funny stuff about Marinaro in today's La Presse.

First, a couple days ago, while talking about the Pascal-Diaconu fight, he sent an insult to Marinaro:

''Parlant d'image, on a eu droit hier soir au Centre Bell a une belle caricature d'un imbécile. Un animateur de CHOM est monté dans le ring, menotté, pour se faire battre par deux filles portant de gros gants. Les gens ont hué. Sans doute une brillante idée de Tony Marinaro.''

After readers pointed out to him that Marinaro actually worked at Team 990, that's what he had to say:

''Certains lecteurs m'ont écrit pour me dire que Tony Marinaro travaillait à Team 990. Je le sais. Ça ne l'empêche pas d'avoir des idées brillantes quand même. Et d'avoir du fiel dans la bouche quand il parle des francophones. J'ai justement une belle et riche collection de perles...''

For anglos, Rejean said that CHOM radio had a crowd-entertainer go on the ring and get hit by two good-looking girls. He then said, sarcastically and for no reason at all, that it was probably Marinaro's fault. After readers sent emails to him saying Marinaro worked a Team 990, he answered that it was ok, because Marinaro was a franco-hating anglo and that he (Rej) had a lot of good quotes of Marinaro hating on francos. LOL.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:47 PM
jwise514

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Alot of guys who played their entire lives know nothing about the sport from the other side of the coin aswell.

This goes both ways.
Absolutely, i've played with alot of guys who went far and don't actually know the game that well. some people just don't have a keen interest in what's going on around them; they do their job and leave it at that.

however, what makes marinaro a bit of a joke, at least in the eyes of PJ (granted im pretty sure PJ was good natured in his wisecrack), is the fact that he purports himself to be an "insider" and to have a knowledge and understanding of the game that his listeners do not possess. the reality is, alot of his listeners have played much more than him, have a better ability to read into the ins and outs of the game, and don't poach rumours from the internet as filler.

The great Sean Avery once said, as it concerns don cherry, that "he doesn't know sh&% about the game beyond putting Sears catalogues on your shinpads." Marinaro hasn't even lived the catalogue element.

Not that I love Grapes or PJ, but at the very least they bring a certain level of folksy authenticity to the table. A perfect radio guy would combine that with an intricate knowledge of the X's and O's and a good rolodex of insiders.

jwise514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 06:02 PM
skipp18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
Rejaune had some pretty funny stuff about Marinaro in today's La Presse.

First, a couple days ago, while talking about the Pascal-Diaconu fight, he sent an insult to Marinaro:

''Parlant d'image, on a eu droit hier soir au Centre Bell a une belle caricature d'un imbécile. Un animateur de CHOM est monté dans le ring, menotté, pour se faire battre par deux filles portant de gros gants. Les gens ont hué. Sans doute une brillante idée de Tony Marinaro.''

After readers pointed out to him that Marinaro actually worked at Team 990, that's what he had to say:

''Certains lecteurs m'ont écrit pour me dire que Tony Marinaro travaillait à Team 990. Je le sais. Ça ne l'empêche pas d'avoir des idées brillantes quand même. Et d'avoir du fiel dans la bouche quand il parle des francophones. J'ai justement une belle et riche collection de perles...''

For anglos, Rejean said that CHOM radio had a crowd-entertainer go on the ring and get hit by two good-looking girls. He then said, sarcastically and for no reason at all, that it was probably Marinaro's fault. After readers sent emails to him saying Marinaro worked a Team 990, he answered that it was ok, because Marinaro was a franco-hating anglo and that he (Rej) had a lot of good quotes of Marinaro hating on francos. LOL.
Two days before Lattendresse was traded Marinaro was on L'attaque a 5. He said that he was aware the Gainey was trying to trade Lattendresse. JC Lajoie laughed at him saying it would never happen and insinuated that Tony knew nothing. Two days later guess who was laughing.

He can call Marinaro or anyone he wants a francophone hater, but like the post above illustrated with the pot calling the kettle black, Tremblay is as big of an anglo hater as you can get, but I guess as long as you write for a french paper thats OK.

skipp18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 06:05 PM
CarrePrisme

And just because you've played the game all your life doesn't mean you,re a good media person.

A lot of these ex-players or ex-coaches are either hot-headed or illiterate.

It's great to have an experienced perspective, but you have to communicate it in a proper way.

CarrePrisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 06:11 PM
AIRic

Marinaro > Stock. Outside his witty way of stirring **** on shows, Stock is just doing what the rest of them do : going with the rumors and comments his opinions on them. I'm pretty sure Stock don't have contacts or don't make call to persons around the teams like Marinaro and some journalist does. They only kept him because he's a well-spoken ex-hockey player with a good TV/Radio personnality.

AIRic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Habarazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterman View Post

Now Team 990 just needs to slap some sense into Marinaro before his ego inflates to the size of his appetite.
I think we're passed that stage already.

Oh how I wish they can pick up some ESPN radio from 10 to 3 each day.

Habarazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 10:31 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I would say Hrudey is being groomed for that, after all he is the guy in the 2nd game for behind the mask.

Stock is nothing more than a filler for updates, other than that he would be serving lunch to the CBC crew.
Wait that makes no sense. Despite losing the Stanley Cup to us in the finals, he shows no hatred towards us, is intelligent, articulate and adds substance to the show. How does that qualify him to replace Cherry?

I'm afraid they might try Milbury although he's american.

Also, I bet most of us are not playing junior or have been their high school/college hockey stars. I play hockey, but that is NOT the reason I am able to analyze it. That Phoenix guy, yeah maybe that's a different story, but hockey fans who know their hockey are not necessarily hockey gods. I doubt AK would make a great analyst or coach. Dick Irvin Jr., I believe has never really played hockey, but you can't tell me he knows more than most people about what's going on. Tony Marinaro has good insight form what I've seen. Granted I don't listen to him on the radio all that much, so maybe his filler can be crappy sometimes, but the guy knows his hockey a LOT better than the other people covering the Habs. I think the HIO staff is also pretty good. They're smart. RDS/Jean Charles, Perron and co. are not very smart at all, they are reactionary. Stock is somewhere in the middle, but like all Boston fans, his opinions become very biased and he then has some agenda. That is where he fails.

Last edited by habtastic: 12-15-2009 at 10:39 PM.
habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 10:41 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
He gives Jean Perron a run for his money, good on him.
Paris Hilton gives Jean Perron a run for his money in terms of hockey and particularly Habs sense.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 08:12 AM
hotcarle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habarazzi View Post
I think we're passed that stage already.

Oh how I wish they can pick up some ESPN radio from 10 to 3 each day.
Bring back Jim Rome.

hotcarle is offline   Reply With Quote