HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Another Tough Loss... 4-3 Sabres

Old
12-14-2009, 10:10 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66lemieux View Post
Brian is not part of the team right now, forget about him.
He hasn't got a shot on net in over a month, I have no use for Gionta.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Darth Joker

I honestly couldn't care less who wins the "fight" between our overpaid, underperforming players and the Leafs overpaid, underperforming players.

The Leafs are playing unreal hockey lately... I'll admit it. That Kessel deal is actually starting to look passably good for the Leafs.

Hey, I'm cool with that... the Bruins pick won't be as good because of it.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
are you thinking the play where skost gets a routine pass from Gomez and gets a good chance because he made a nice cut of the Sabre defenseman.

my selective memory. Remember "that pass" that you can barely describe.
Same "routine pass" to Cammy or a hot A.K. and it turns into a point for the passer. If Gomez's linemates get a chance, it's because they made a great move.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:15 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Give Gomez a year or two holy christ.
He is playing with LAPIERRE and SERGEI. Combined for what, 2 goals all year?
Gomez isnt a scorer, he needs a scoring winger to feed the puck to.

As stated before he is NOT an 7 mil dollar player, blame Sather and Gainey, but not him. This is the way he has always played, but put him with Cammelari all year, and most of you wouldnt have anything to say.

Not to mention that last year Plekanec played with Kovy and Kosty alot of the year and did jack ****. Most of you were ready to ship him out for nothing, not to mentio Andreai this year.
Now all of a sudden its "Omg the beast has awoken!!! I knew it!!"

Some fans have the patience as thin as a napkin.

They lost tonight due to bad penalties and halak couldnt make one big save in the 3rd. End of story.
Voice of reason. The chances him Gio and Cammy were creating in the beginning of the year were mesmerizing . Put Cammy with lapierre and Dagger and I guarantee you, he won't look as sexy.

Last edited by m00ks: 12-14-2009 at 10:25 PM.
m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I really hope Gomez goes on a bit of a hot streak soon. I don't wanr my prediction than he'll be booed before season's end to come to fruition. Gomez's worst enemy is his contract. I bet he'll seem to playing a lot better if he had a 5-6mil cap hit.
Nope. Especially with Cammy at the same price scoring 17 goals, Hammer playing great hockey at the same price, Markov being the team's MVP at that same price range... Gomez still has a lot to prove before 4 million starts looking like an overpayment for his services.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 12-14-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:18 PM
un_lavalois*

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Kostitsyn - Gomez - Gionta

Heal, Gionta!

For some reason, I would like to see the Kosty's together, maybe for a couple of shifts, then put Gomez with Cammalleri. We need to get a second line going, but I would absolutely hate to break our ATAK line V.2010

un_lavalois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Andy

3 games ago we are beast, give Gainey props, blah blah. Now we suck, trade this guy and that guy.

All of a sudden Andrei is a hero even though we've been telling you to be patient with him.

Honestly you guys are all pathetic, get a life and stop whining, most of you clearly know squat about hockey and follow it because it's cool to follow the habs in montreal. **** happens, it was an exciting game nonetheless and I was happy to see my team compete until the final minute.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Voice of reason. The chances him Gio and Cammy were creating in the beginning of the year were mesmerizing in the beginning of the year. Put Cammy between lapierre and Dagger and I guarantee you, he won't look as sexy.
Why would Cammy play centre between two RWers?

Old
12-14-2009, 10:20 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Nope. Especially with Cammy at the same price scoring 18 goals, Hammer playing great hockey at the same price, Markov being the team's MVP at that same price range... Gomez still has a lot to prove before 4 million looks like an overpayment for his services.
Fixed.

Old
12-14-2009, 10:22 PM
airlouche

Holy %$#@, look in the rear mirror, those pesky Leafs and they have one game in hand

airlouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
Looking at the Leafs right now... a lot of your players might be overperforming.

Is Niklas Hagman a 40 goal scorer? Really? (Before you ask "Is Cammy a 40 goal scorer?"... he came just a goal or two shy of 40 last season, so it's not like its totally unprecedented for him... whereas Hagman has never even had 30 goals in a year yet).

Is Matt Stajan an almost point-per-game player? Really?

They've never done anything close to it before, and they've been in the League awhile now.

Who knows, they might surprise me and keep it up, but I sure wouldn't bet on it, as you seem to be doing.
You continue to impress me with your posts, welcome by the way.

Just want to say you pretty well hit the nail on the head in terms of how I feel regarding them too.

Old
m00ks

Quote:
Why would Cammy play centre between two RWers?
Come on man . You're reaching with me. Laps had played center more than he's played wing. But if you consider him a RW then fine, put Pyatt in my argument. It still stands.

edit: Ok typo. You get my jist. ahah

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
Same "routine pass" to Cammy or a hot A.K. and it turns into a point for the passer. If Gomez's linemates get a chance, it's because they made a great move.
On the play you're talking about though, that's exactly what it was: a routine pass followed by the winger making a play on a defenseman.

Old
12-14-2009, 10:24 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Just got back from the game...

-Burned by stupid penalties once again, obviously. Love Metropolit but that's a costly, brainless penalty 2 games in a row that killed us. O'Byrne has been playing like the 08-09 O'Byrne which is not a good thing, and taking 1-2 minors per game isn't either. People really thought Mara would be sitting before him when all 7 D were healthy? What a joke.

-I don't want to rag on Halak too much but Miller made a key save late in the game to keep his team in it and Halak wasn't able to. Didn't look too great on that third goal, either.

-Gomez...are you serious? I'm trying to give him some leeway because he's playing with another playmaker in Sergei and an offensive blackhole in Lapierre but come on, he has to be better...period. Hopefully Gionta's return sparks him...

-Plekanec, Cammalleri, Kostitsyn...nothing to say. Far and away the three best players in red sweaters tonight.

-Why are we discussing the Leafs in a Habs/Sabres PGT

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Come on man . You're reaching with me. Laps had played center more than he's played wing. But if you consider him a RW then fine, put Pyatt in my argument. It still stands.
Naw, just messing with you. You said put Cammy between them (i.e. the centre position) instead of with.

In any event though, you're right, and Lapierre would bring down that line like he brought down his line tonight.

Old
12-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Fixed.

Haha, my mistake. Thanks muchly.

Old
12-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
I'll give you some 4th liners that have played with Koivu somewhat recently, and you tell me which ones looked better without Koivu:

D'Agostini
Latendresse
Kilger
Perezhogin
(Streit as a forward)
Aren't these 3rd liners with some scoring skills?

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
well Gomez really isn't even creating many chances for Lappy to screw up. I can't think of one opportunity Gomez created tonight.
The 2nd line had a few opportunities, but really Lappy has no business on that line.
As much as Gomez has been underperforming, you have 2 playmakers and one 4th liner.
MaxPac-Metro-Moen has worked well together, but finding a player to complete that duo is more important.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:28 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Guys let's not give up completely on Gomez just yet.

He needs finishers with him in order to succeed. He needs strong offensive defense men to do his patented fly up the middle drop pass (Markov keys in)...Plus Gionta gives us a completely different dimension.

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Andrei(RW, liberation, much?)
Sergei-Gomez-Gionta

It's not bad.

Old
12-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
Aren't these 3rd liners with some scoring skills?
Who's upgrading them to 3rd liners? D'Ago is playing on the 4th, Kilger only broke 12 mins/game after moving to a crappy Leaf's team (was 10/game in Montreal), Perezhogin doesn't even play in the NHL anymore, and played a LOT on the 4th line while in Montreal, and where has Latendresse spent most of his time since Saku left this team?

I rest my case. They were/all considered better than 4th liners when with Koivu, but not without.

Old
12-14-2009, 10:33 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Year Plan View Post
Go read the Sabres PGT. Apparently the refs helped us out tonight
Well, with the phantom too many men penalty and the weird clock stoppage at the end, you can see why they'd feel that way.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:36 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Who's upgrading them to 3rd liners? D'Ago is playing on the 4th, Kilger only broke 12 mins/game after moving to a crappy Leaf's team (was 10/game in Montreal), Perezhogin doesn't even play in the NHL anymore, and played a LOT on the 4th line while in Montreal, and where has Latendresse spent most of his time since Saku left this team?

I rest my case. They were/all considered better than 4th liners when with Koivu, but not without.
You can now add Dan Sexton to this list. 4 goals in his first 5 games in the NHL, playing alongside who? That's right...Sakuuuu!

That's a Marcel Hossa type start right there.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
You can now add Dan Sexton to this list. 4 goals in his first 5 games in the NHL, playing alongside who? That's right...Sakuuuu!

That's a Marcel Hossa type start right there.
Sweet. And imagine, I didn't even go back into pre-cancer Koivu years making that list. I'm sure I could find a few more.

Old
12-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
Well, with the phantom too many men penalty and the weird clock stoppage at the end, you can see why they'd feel that way.
What phantom too many men? Your d-men were playing with the puck and there was a sabres forward racing to the bench and literally jumped in. 6 players on the ice is 6 players on the ice. The same thing happened to Montreal last week, be more disciplined on the line changes.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:41 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post

we officially surrender.

Leafs have won a few games in a row with a healthy roster, we can not do anything to stop them so we give up.

Leafs fans are as bad as habs fans i suppose.
We lose a few and we are the worst team in the league, leafs win a few and they are on pace to be the 70's canadiens teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Just got back from the game...

-Burned by stupid penalties once again, obviously. Love Metropolit but that's a costly, brainless penalty 2 games in a row that killed us. O'Byrne has been playing like the 08-09 O'Byrne which is not a good thing, and taking 1-2 minors per game isn't either. People really thought Mara would be sitting before him when all 7 D were healthy? What a joke.

-I don't want to rag on Halak too much but Miller made a key save late in the game to keep his team in it and Halak wasn't able to. Didn't look too great on that third goal, either.

-Gomez...are you serious? I'm trying to give him some leeway because he's playing with another playmaker in Sergei and an offensive blackhole in Lapierre but come on, he has to be better...period. Hopefully Gionta's return sparks him...

-Plekanec, Cammalleri, Kostitsyn...nothing to say. Far and away the three best players in red sweaters tonight.

-Why are we discussing the Leafs in a Habs/Sabres PGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
The 2nd line had a few opportunities, but really Lappy has no business on that line.
As much as Gomez has been underperforming, you have 2 playmakers and one 4th liner.
MaxPac-Metro-Moen has worked well together, but finding a player to complete that duo is more important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Guys let's not give up completely on Gomez just yet.

He needs finishers with him in order to succeed. He needs strong offensive defense men to do his patented fly up the middle drop pass (Markov keys in)...Plus Gionta gives us a completely different dimension.

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Andrei(RW, liberation, much?)
Sergei-Gomez-Gionta

It's not bad.
agree with all of you!

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote