HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Another Tough Loss... 4-3 Sabres

Old
12-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Jaroslav "REBOUND" Halak

cant take his ******* rebounds anymore. It's really getting to me now

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Unbelievable... Gomez... but wow AK46!

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:35 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Seriously though. And here's to hoping he isn't a dumb pack animal that can't be broken, and is actually still able to learn from mistakes. If the stick penalties continue to pill up, though, it could be a sign that he's just not fast/mobile enough for the NHL. Of course, I will never say that with a straight face as long as I have Hal Gill lumbering across my tv screen every night.
WTF? His speed is one of his best assets and he's got very good speed for a guy his size, the penalties are because of his positioning and not using his head.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
WTF? His speed is one of his best assets and he's got very good speed for a guy his size, the penalties are because of his positioning and not using his head.
I should have said quick instead of fast, as I meant to imply foot speed and agility, not actual flat out speed.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:53 PM
eightyseven

Cammalleri now has 15 ESG!!! Tied with Alex Ovechkin at even strength. When Markov comes back, I expect his PP goal production to vastly increase.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Magnum Crackoff

Recently it is obvious that Blake is better than Gomez, especially if you consider contracts. Gomez is awful awful awful.....I think Lapierre plays better than Scott does and right now Lapierre super sucks...

Can't believe people think Cammy and Gionta wouldn't have signed with MTL if Gomez wasn't here. Gainey gave them really good contracts to come here wether or not Gomez was here.

Magnum Crackoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 12:07 AM
habsfans333*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Price was weak on 2-3 of the 4 goals against Atlanta, what's your point?

To blame the goalie for tonight's loss is pathetic.
Price got us 1 point.

Halak was very weak on Kaleta's goal and on the other one where he could have iced the puck 2-3 times but failed each time.

Halak wasn't the issue, but he wasn't sharp either.

habsfans333* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 12:09 AM
madbox

CPK were great tonight.

Too bad it takes more than three guys not playing like directionless dumbasses to accomplish anything.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 12:18 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbox View Post
CPK were great tonight.

Too bad it takes more than three guys not playing like directionless dumbasses to accomplish anything.
QFT.

Three guys that can actually enter the zone and create something.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 12:25 AM
HabsInsideOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post

You deserved them all for that pretty embarassing comment.
Enough of the blind Halak homerism. I think he's a good goalie but he did not play well enough to win us the game. He did get hung out to dry a bit, especially on penalties but it isn't out of the realm of possibility to think that Price, the way he's been playing, could have stole the game like tonight. Take your somewhere else

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 12:37 AM
eightyseven

I still have no idea why they started Halak unless it was to showcase him. Martin made a terrible decision. The Buffalo game was important and Halak was mediocre. I know we can't always expect our goalies to steal games, but we have to at this point: we're desperate. Halak could've started against Minnesota or the Islanders, weaker teams, although Minnesota has been on a tear recently.

Halak has given up 4+ goals several times this season! Yes, the team in front of him isn't great, but he still can NOT be letting in 4 goals+, if he wants to be a #1 starter in this league. His save % is reflective of his average play!!!

Old
12-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Forgot to mention before, I think tonight is the first time I was embaressed to be wearing my habs jersey in the crowd.

Sitting in Molson Ex section 311, A bunch of clowns in my section started a chant that caught on and was chanted for a good part of the game.

It has to be the dumbest chant I have ever heard at ANY sporting even in my 24 years on this earth.

It started off as always...taunting the goalie...MILLER, MILLER, MILLER....but soon it turned into...MILLER with a response from other fans that said LOSER. so for almost half the game, I had to listen to idiots chant, MILLER, LOSER..MILLER, LOSER.

Do people look at stats? He is the best damn goalie in the league!!!!
And even if he wasnt, the chant is just stupid.

was completly embaressed for all habs fans.

Old
12-15-2009, 12:42 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
I still have no idea why they started Halak unless it was to showcase him. Martin made a terrible decision. The Buffalo game was important and Halak was mediocre. I know we can't always expect our goalies to steal games, but we have to at this point: we're desperate. Halak could've started against Minnesota or the Islanders, weaker teams, although Minnesota has been on a tear recently.

Halak has given up 4+ goals several times this season! Yes, the team in front of him isn't great, but he still can NOT be letting in 4 goals+, if he wants to be a #1 starter in this league. His save % is reflective of his average play!!!
11 starts...6 times has given up 4 or more goals

Old
12-15-2009, 12:45 AM
eightyseven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
11 starts...6 times has given up 4 or more goals
Exactly. His agent and Halak himself are delusional if he thinks he's a #1 goaltender in this league. He just has too many weaknesses and I don't think he can fix them overnight. He reminds me of a Brian Boucher-type goalie, just meh. Once in a while, Halak will get hot and do well (just like Boucher can be streaky), but on the whole, Halak is just an average goalie. If he is traded somewhere else, I would be very surprised if he actually become a legit #1 goaltender. He has back-up goaltender written all over him.

P.S. I'm not saying Price is god or anything but he is still the better goalie. Gainey is right in his assessment.

Old
12-15-2009, 12:47 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Forgot to mention before, I think tonight is the first time I was embaressed to be wearing my habs jersey in the crowd.

Sitting in Molson Ex section 311, A bunch of clowns in my section started a chant that caught on and was chanted for a good part of the game.

It has to be the dumbest chant I have ever heard at ANY sporting even in my 24 years on this earth.

It started off as always...taunting the goalie...MILLER, MILLER, MILLER....but soon it turned into...MILLER with a response from other fans that said LOSER. so for almost half the game, I had to listen to idiots chant, MILLER, LOSER..MILLER, LOSER.

Fans have done worse things.

I don't think that chant is all that bad. It's only made to disturb him so he can lose focus. Fans are very well aware he's the hottest Goalie in the league.

I think booing Rivet is dumber to be honest.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Fans have done worse things.

I don't think that chant is all that bad. It's only made to disturb him so he can lose focus. Fans are very well aware he's the hottest Goalie in the league.

you had to be there to hear it, it was sad!
Miller Sucks...maybe, but miller loser is just dumb, lol

as for Rivet...was for the hit on Moen

Old
12-15-2009, 12:53 AM
guest1467

So now the cool thing to do is **** on Gomez for no apparent reason other than his contract?

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:03 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

So that's what they were saying. It sounded like 'We want Miller' to me...I figured that couldn't be right.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Rushin Joo

Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

I agree. I understand booing another teams star or a player like Komisarek or Grabovski, but booing Rivet is just plain idiotic. He was a servicable player for this team for many years and got traded away. Whats the point of booing him? ****ing idiots.

Rushin Joo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:09 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanHab View Post
The cool thing to do is to get Gomez to restructure that contract if possible. He is tying up the team with the cap space and the contract may be responsible for moving players because of the possible signings of Plekanec and Price to big long term deals.

However, I am sure Plekanec will be lost next year and Frolov will be his replacement next year.
Restructering contracts isn't allowed. I am saying who gives a **** about his contract? He is playing fine on both ends of the ice, a contract that he signed 2 years ago has no merit on what fans think of his play.

Old
12-15-2009, 01:09 AM
elsubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
So now the cool thing to do is **** on Gomez for no apparent reason other than his contract?
This fanbase is kind of pathetic sometimes.

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:18 AM
un_lavalois*

Somebody mentioned we could finish 6th... well thats EXACTLY the scenario I imagined. If Buffalo finishes 3rd and we can face them in the 1st round, it would be a good match up for us. Both teams have a lot in common and I believe we could maybe win it.

I cant wait for Pouliot to play. Not that I want him to be our savior, but it's always fun to see a new player. I hope he's gonna deliver

We better pray New Jersey plays their backup goalie against us , but I just looked at their schedule and they have 0 game between saturday and the game against us I'm sure Gomez knows Brodeu's weaknesses

un_lavalois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Magnum Crackoff

Critisizing Gomez play is not about being cool and into the groove. It's about secondary scoring which Gomez (our highest paid player) can't even do. In fact i would call Gomez work, fourth line scoring material....he just isnt good enough. He his the reason the Habs can't win those games that seem winnable ( Atlanta or tonight to an extent).

We gotta face it, Gomez isn't delivering. I would give him more time to prove himself though, wait for Markov or Gionta to come back. But still...he sucks badly...the same way he did last year...and the year before that.

I'm starting to think he's just a bad player earning big cash. Just like Nylander, Roszival, Redden and many others....

Magnum Crackoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:29 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Crackoff View Post
Critisizing Gomez play is not about being cool and into the groove. It's about secondary scoring which Gomez (our highest paid player) can't even do. In fact i would call Gomez work, fourth line scoring material....he just isnt good enough. He his the reason the Habs can't win those games that seem winnable ( Atlanta or tonight to an extent).

We gotta face it, Gomez isn't delivering. I would give him more time to prove himself though, wait for Markov or Gionta to come back. But still...he sucks badly...the same way he did last year...and the year before that.

I'm starting to think he's just a bad player earning big cash. Just like Nylander, Roszival, Redden and many others....
5 points in the last 8 games since his injury is fourth line material? Also he has been playing with players like Pyatt, White and Lapierre on his wing.

Its one thing to say he has a bad contract, he does; but its another to criticize his play because of it. The guy has been one of our better defensive forwards, maybe he isn't scoring at a click that everyone wants, but put some decent wingers on his line andthen make that judgement.

Old
12-15-2009, 01:40 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I think Andrei is going to have one of his youtube moments soon. When he's on a roll like this, he usually beats D one on one for chances. I think Pacioretty lost a bit of his confidence, no longer trying to deke. He's still young, he's learning.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote