HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just for fun

Old
12-14-2009, 10:33 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Just for fun

Uhm, i'm 90% sure i'll get flamed, but i'll give it a try anyways

I was thinking of changing Spezza around from Center;

Spezza-Fisher-Kovalev
Michalek-Winchester-Alfredsson
Foligno-Shannon/Regin-Cheechoo
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil

i'm not a fan of Karlsson, personnal reason of what happend between me and him so

Campoli-Kuba[hope he get's traded]
Phillips-Volchenkov
Carkner-Picard

Flame/rant away

reason; Spezza has a good one timer, Alfredsson, face it, he's getting old, could be awesome on the second line

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

vCash: 500
I'd rather have Fisher on the wing. He plays like a winger and doesn't have as much playmaking abilities than Spezza.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 10:56 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senateurs View Post
I'd rather have Fisher on the wing. He plays like a winger and doesn't have as much playmaking abilities than Spezza.
hence why Kovalev is there

Old
12-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

At the same time, Kovy is the best sniper on that line. I really like what he's got going with Fisher and Foligno. I would have loved to see what Kovy could do with young guys like Regin and Winchester.

Old
12-14-2009, 11:04 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Quote:
At the same time, Kovy is the best sniper on that line. I really like what he's got going with Fisher and Foligno. I would have loved to see what Kovy could do with young guys like Regin and Winchester.
haha okay, thanks for the opinion. Like i said, was just trying

Old
12-15-2009, 12:21 AM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Have you watched the Sens lately? Spezza's playmaking is overrated. Fisher is better at pretty much every aspect of the game now.

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 12:23 AM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Now I'm sure you haven't been watching the Sens. Fisher is on pace for 37 goals.

Old
12-15-2009, 03:58 AM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
Have you watched the Sens lately? Spezza's playmaking is overrated. Fisher is better at pretty much every aspect of the game now.
It's not overrated, he's one of the best playmakers in the game just isn't playing with confidence right now. Either that or he's injured, or both. Who knows.

Regardless the team needs him to be better, but I can't stand people suddenly deciding that he's an overrated player. He was the guy who dished the puck to Alfie and Heatley on the pizza line, he wasn't just a floater. Otherwise Kelly would have had over a point a game when he played with them for an extended period.

PoutineSp00nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 05:54 AM
Cherith Cutestory

Quote:
Before I go on, I want to make it perfectly clear that I am a Fisher fan and am happy he's playing well.
How can you rip into Spezza about being so bad? Fisher has just gone through a few terrible seasons, while Spezza was having amazing ones? What was Fishers problem? Lack of confidence maybe?

It is nice to see Fisher playing so well without a Dany Heatly on his side, but you can't be so quick to completely rip apart Spezza after what, 30 games, when Fisher just had some terrible seasons (hopefully those are all behind him though). I'm sure it's great to stand high and be able to rip on everyone who wanted to trade Fisher, but to suggest that Spezza is a bust or no longer a credible center is a bit much...

Cherith Cutestory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 06:39 AM
SensFan26

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens15 View Post
Uhm, i'm 90% sure i'll get flamed, but i'll give it a try anyways

I was thinking of changing Spezza around from Center;

Spezza-Fisher-Kovalev
Foligno-Shannon/Regin-Cheechoo
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil

i'm not a fan of Karlsson, personnal reason of what happend between me and him so

Campoli-Kuba[hope he get's traded]
Phillips-Volchenkov
Carkner-Picard

Flame/rant away

reason; Spezza has a good one timer, Alfredsson, face it, he's getting old, could be awesome on the second line
Please explain.

SensFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

Quote:
Don't worry I watch games. I also have the ability to remember the last 5-6 seasons when Spezza was not only a better playmaker but a much better player too. Kovy is also a better goal scorer than Fisher.

I don't see what you're problem with Fisher playing the wing. The guy plays like a winger, he likes to go around defensemen, goes to the net, tends to shoots rather than slow the play down to set a play. He would instantly become our most gritty winger, a lot of people including myself have been saying for years that he may be better suited for the wing.

Other than the fact Fisher is finally producing as the 2nd line center, (it may have something to do with playing with Alfi-Kovy instead of Schafer-Neil) the only thing he brings more this year as a centre is in the face off circle. He is way better than he was in previous years.

Having said that, I still think having him as a winger would be better for this team. He's that gritty top 6 winger we are looking for. And with Winchester and Regin, we have some dept at the center position.

Old
12-15-2009, 07:19 AM
Brycios

I would really like to see Kovalev play with Michalek. Foligno has flubbed Kovalev's passes a few times too many Fisher still hasn't seem to have gotten used to his passes either. I remember one point last night where Kovalev went in on a dump with Fisher trailing. Kovalev got the puck and passed it in front of the net, but Fisher went to the boards for a cycle instead. Not that I am unpleased with Fisher's game so far. I just think Fisher hasn't figured Kovy out yet and Spezza is wasting Michalek's talent right now. How about:

Michalek-Fisher-Kovalev
Foligno-Spezza-Alfredsson

Or maybe switch Fisher and Spezza. Spezza-Kovalev and Fisher-Alfredsson are both good combos.

Brycios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Alfredsson11

Give up on the combos, all 4 lines have been playing good the past 3 or 4 games.

leave them alone, let them develop some chemistry.

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 08:53 AM
MatthewT

I would leave everything the same for now.

Its also worth noting that Michalek hasn't scored in 7 games now.

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Zillaege

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
I would leave everything the same for now.

Its also worth noting that Michalek hasn't scored in 7 games now.
Spezza keeps looking to Alfie, and Alfie keeps turning it over. Michalek has barely gotten to touch the puck the past while now, and he's not very effective without the puck on his stick. He's not a puck possesion guy like Spezza or Kovalev, but you want him to be skating with the puck through the neutral zone and driving defensemen wide. Spezza was at his best when he was using his speed with Michalek through the neutral zone, they were deadly on the rush. Ever since Alfie's been put on that line though Spezza has just tried to work the give and go with Alfie, and Michalek has been forced into the shooter role the Heatley used to play. I really don't see Michalek as a shooter, he doesn't have a great release, it's just decent, and he's not all that great at getting open either. And so right now all he's doing is skating in a straight line towards the net and trying to create a screen, something Chris Neil could do. I love Alfie but he's really bringing down that line I think, he's looked pretty awful for a while now.

Zillaege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Puckhog27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brycios View Post
I would really like to see Kovalev play with Michalek. Foligno has flubbed Kovalev's passes a few times too many Fisher still hasn't seem to have gotten used to his passes either. I remember one point last night where Kovalev went in on a dump with Fisher trailing. Kovalev got the puck and passed it in front of the net, but Fisher went to the boards for a cycle instead. Not that I am unpleased with Fisher's game so far. I just think Fisher hasn't figured Kovy out yet and Spezza is wasting Michalek's talent right now. How about:

Michalek-Fisher-Kovalev
Foligno-Spezza-Alfredsson

Or maybe switch Fisher and Spezza. Spezza-Kovalev and Fisher-Alfredsson are both good combos.
I would like to see Clouston swap Alfie and Kovy on occasion instead of swapping Spezza and Fisher. I'm not convinced that the first line is going to be great yet. They have tailed off a lot of late and only Spezza is doing much on that line. Folingo and Fisher are playing great right now IMO. Perhaps swapping Alfie/Kovy on occasion would get the Spezza line contributing a bit more often since both Kovy and Spezza have been playing better of late. It's tuff to break up the Fisher line right now, but we can't have the first line continue like it has IMO. Also I liked that Clouston moved Alfie to the point, put Karlsson (I think) on the right side with Spezza/Kovalev/Fisher or Michalek (I think) up front. They produced a PP goal. With Kuba playing so bad of late I would rather have the PP unit like that.

Puckhog27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 10:53 AM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Don't worry I watch games. I also have the ability to remember the last 5-6 seasons when Spezza was not only a better playmaker but a much better player too. Kovy is also a better goal scorer than Fisher.

I don't see what you're problem with Fisher playing the wing. The guy plays like a winger, he likes to go around defensemen, goes to the net, tends to shoots rather than slow the play down to set a play. He would instantly become our most gritty winger, a lot of people including myself have been saying for years that he may be better suited for the wing.

Other than the fact Fisher is finally producing as the 2nd line center, (it may have something to do with playing with Alfi-Kovy instead of Schafer-Neil) the only thing he brings more this year as a centre is in the face off circle. He is way better than he was in previous years.

Having said that, I still think having him as a winger would be better for this team. He's that gritty top 6 winger we are looking for. And with Winchester and Regin, we have some dept at the center position.
Because he's amazing at faceoffs and he's dominant at both ends of the rink. Also being a centre allows him to go down deep in our zone and use his physicality against other forwards. Like you said, the fact that he's finally producing has a lot to do with always having one of Kovalev or Alfie on his wing. But the fact that Spezza is not has a lot to do with Heatley not being on his wing anymore. I always said Fisher could have done just as good a job with two all-star wingers as Spezza had. I just didn't think Spezza having a slight downgrade on one wing and Fisher getting a good upgrade on one wing and a slightly matured Foligno would have such a dramatic effect on each player's numbers. I knew they would be closer but even I didn't think Fish would be outproducing Spezza!

Anyways, why can't Spezza play on the wing? His defensive lapses will be far less costly with him on the wing and he can focus on creating offense which is his game. Hell, with his playmaking, he might even make a good winger for Fisher.

Spezza-Fisher-Kovalev
Michalek-Winchester/Regin/Kelly-Alfie

edit: oh I guess those are the lines the OP posted... great minds think alike I guess.

Old
12-15-2009, 11:05 AM
MatthewT

Since Spezza is out, what will the lines look like:

Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev
Cheechoo-Kelly-Ruutu
Shannon-Regin-Hennessy

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Blehst*

lol wtf are you talking about personal thing between you and karlsson

Blehst* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:07 AM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
Since Spezza is out, what will the lines look like:

Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev
Cheechoo-Kelly-Ruutu
Shannon-Regin-Hennessy
I'm pretty sure Hennessy is being called up to play C. If Spezza's out for a long time, Fisher will probably be centering Michalek and Alfie... and magic will happen. A new Pizza line will be born.

Old
12-15-2009, 11:08 AM
El Diego

Thinly veiled 'Erik Karlsson stole my girlfriend' thread.

El Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:08 AM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
I didn't notice that... what's the story OP?

Old
12-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Blehst*

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
bahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah omg thats awesome.

Blehst* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 11:14 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Hennessy is being called up to play C. If Spezza's out for a long time, Fisher will probably be centering Michalek and Alfie... and magic will happen. A new Pizza line will be born.
Why not just keep the Kovy, Foligno, Fisher line together instead? THey've been playing like a top line. Now they'll be the top line.

Anyways, I'm excited to see Winchester get a chance to play in the top 6. He's been a beast lately. If he can get some offense going then he's gonna be a core guy going forward.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Puckhog27

I'm worried about this line lately

Michalek - Winchester - Alfie

Even when Spezza was there they haven't been scoring much of late.

Maybe they should try swapping Kovy/Alfie just to see what happens.

It's going to be a major problem for the Sens if Michalek/Alfie continue to not produce any goals.

Puckhog27 is offline   Reply With Quote