HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Filatov to CSKA Moscow (All Things Filatov)

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Filatov to CSKA Moscow (All Things Filatov)

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2009/11...o_russia.shtml

Quote:
Rookie forward Nikita Filatov, who has struggled to remain in coach Ken Hitchcock’s lineup, might be headed back to Russia, perhaps as soon as this week, according to sources within and beyond the NHL.
Oh boy...

11-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Good to see Hitchcock doesn't have an ego or anything.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Meanwhile, Voracek and Brassard will continue to draw shifts late in the game (Even in OT!!!!)

Old
11-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Well I guess all the people who said Hitch couldn't ruin Filatov were foolishly wrong.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:06 PM
skimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Well I guess all the people who said Hitch couldn't ruin Filatov were foolishly wrong.
Ruined? He's going to be a star in the KHL!

Goddammit, Hitchcock.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:06 PM
aRussian

I'm more worried about learning that there has been contention between Hitch and Howson---everybody has acted like they were some invincible team or something...

NOT good news, I was so excited when we drafted him

Old
11-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Palinka

Filatov has looked like a lost puppy out there, which is a lot like what Brule looked like when he was around.

Yes, there has been some discussion of what is to become of Filatov for the rest of this season. But this isn't a case of "I'm deserting the team, good luck getting me back". What's been discussed is some type of loan arrangement that would last the duration of the season and would also allow the possibility of playing in the World Championships. There's plenty of details that would need to be ironed out first, including NHL approval.

So let's not run for the hills here.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:08 PM
kidAcbj
Ohhh Canadaaaa

ok so I wasnt really worried before...

now its time to get nervous

Old
11-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Let him go. He's obviously not mature enough to handle the situation he ended up in over here.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Hitchcock should be fired for this, Filatov was doomed from the start when he was drafted.

How's the kid supposed to succeed when he's playing with Jared "doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground" Boll??

Meanwhile, Stamkos, Tavares, E. Kane, O'Reilly, Duchene, and van Reimsdyk continue to thrive because they have coaches that don't bench them at the first mistake they make. Players don't play well when they fear of making a mistake and being bench. Ask Brule.

Flyers fans warned us this would happen, we should've listened.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Quote:
Hitchcock should be fired for this, Filatov was doomed from the start when he was drafted.

How's the kid supposed to succeed when he's playing with Jared "doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground" Boll??

Meanwhile, Stamkos, Tavares, E. Kane, O'Reilly, Duchene, and van Reimsdyk continue to thrive because they have coaches that don't bench them at the first mistake they make. Players don't play well when they fear of making a mistake and being bench. Ask Brule.

"We" can't do squat about it.

Hitchcock won't be fired for not playing a kid who has made no impact on the team (which has a good record at the moment).

Talk about a weird, wacky fantasy land you live in, Timeless.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Skraut

The team is winning without him, and it could be a chance for him to enjoy hockey and play again. Yes there's a chance he won't come back, that's the risk we took when drafting him.

Would I rather have him here, yes, but this may be the thing which helps his development more.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:22 PM
CBJmeser61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
"We" can't do squat about it.

Hitchcock won't be fired for not playing a kid who has made no impact on the team (which has a good record at the moment).

Talk about a weird, wacky fantasy land you live in, Timeless.
How much impact are you expecting from a kid who is afraid that if he turns the puck over once or takes one penalty he is getting bench the rest of the game.

Playing a sport takes confidence in your ability and when your confidence is being destroyed by your coach your going to play like crap most of the time. He played a few good games and got zero reward for it and then he had a bad shift or two last game and they called up a player from the minor leagues to take his spot.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:23 PM
ScreamingWild
Kissin' The Cup

The good news is that Hitchcock won't be forced to find minutes to play him.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:27 PM
aRussian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJmeser61 View Post
How much impact are you expecting from a kid who is afraid that if he turns the puck over once or takes one penalty he is getting bench the rest of the game.

Playing a sport takes confidence in your ability and when your confidence is being destroyed by your coach your going to play like crap most of the time. He played a few good games and got zero reward for it and then he had a bad shift or two last game and they called up a player from the minor leagues to take his spot.
That's how I saw it
Tom was good, but he wasn't that good...

Old
11-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
You people supporting this Hitchcock Russian bias are nuts... Hitchcock is 60 and still trying to win the game as they did in the late 90's. He's been fired twice since his great cup win 10 years ago.

You Filatov haters may be laughing right now but the season is not over... Howson's name is on this to; I want to know who is running this team-the general manager or the coach.

This is not over folks.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
You people supporting this Hitchcock Russian bias are nuts... Hitchcock is 60 and still trying to win the game as they did in the late 90's. He's been fired twice since his great cup win 10 years ago.

You Filatov haters may be laughing right now but the season is not over... Howson's name is on this to; I want to know who is running this team-the general manager or the coach.

This is not over folks.
You are creating something out of nothing.

If Hitchcock were "in charge", Filatov would have never been drafted.

If Howson were "in charge", Filatov would be getting 15 minutes a night.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:35 PM
MFRONE

Puck-rakers says Howson and Hitch don't seem to agree with the handling of Filatov, so don't blame Howie for this.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:38 PM
KOL86

All I have to say is GOOD FOR FILATOV. His dream has always been to play in the NHL so I believe he will return next season. He's too young to settle down in Russia just yet. He is at an age where he needs to be developed. He needs to be on the ice whether it be in Columbus, Syracuse or Russia. Sitting on the bench is just hurting his confidence while increasing tension between him, Hitch and Howson.

IMO, Hitch was on the path to ruining him and Nik did the right thing. He is getting nothing out of being in Columbus. It's painfully apparent that he isn't a part of Hitch's plan, so why should he sit around and wait? It's better that he be in Russia. He is only 19. He has plenty of time for an NHL career though I doubt it will be with Columbus.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:38 PM
MFRONE

But once again, for those who want to play Filatov you really need to ask yourself where he would fit.

Nash/Vermette/Juice/Brassard/Voracek are all locks for the top 6. That leaves only 1 spot open and with RJ's ability to take FOs and his defensive play it makes him a no brainer for the last spot. Right now, he doesn't fit on the squad.

Also, what good would he bring in the lineup if he's a liability defensively?

Old
11-16-2009, 10:39 PM
funflyers33

The best thing that can happen to this team is exactly this. Remove the freaking soap opera from the locker room and concentrate on winning hockey games.

The dude clearly is not ready to play in the NHL. Period

If anyone should be questioned, I'd start with our GM, who obviously at the start of the season was given an ultimatum by the Filatov camp to be on the big club, Why did he not stand up then nip this charade in the bud?. Purely blackmail, Nicky plays and rides jets not buses or gets rubles instead of dollars. Not a fan of either, but sometimes even Don Cherry and Brian Burke are right.

Kudos to Hitch for understanding that winning is more important than babysitting.

Old
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:

Is it just possible that Filatov just isn't ready for the NHL?

I wouldn't pay much attention to Flyers fans who warn anyone about anything. They also want to fire Paul Holmgren and John Stevens. Hell there's a guy whose hfboards nick is fire_stevens_dotcom. They are very much like Buckeye fans, or you for that matter Never happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
The team is winning without him, and it could be a chance for him to enjoy hockey and play again. Yes there's a chance he won't come back, that's the risk we took when drafting him.

Would I rather have him here, yes, but this may be the thing which helps his development more.
Yes, they are winning without him, but this team is no threat to win a Stanley Cup. Are the Jackets in a win now,sell out for a Cup mode or a building mode? If they are building, and I for one believe they are, then one thing they will definitely need to take the next step is more elite skill. Filatov has a chance to be a large part of the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJmeser61 View Post

IMHO, that's a total cop out. If Filatov isn't ready, and I don't think he looks ready at all, then playing him on one of the top two lines probably hurts his confidence much more than playing down the lineup. He clearly is not playing well against mainly third pairing defensemen. How do you think he would perform against the Chris Prongers, Jan Hejdas and Nicklas Lidstroms of the NHL. Those men would probably knock him down more than a peg. To build his confidence, his competitiveness and strength, I think it's most effective if he was in Syracuse or perhaps the OHL. Perhaps the implied threats are true? Maybe he really needs to go down a level and he would have bolted for the KHL if he was sent down? Maybe the decision to loan him to a KHL team is a version of sending Nik to the "minors"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingWild View Post
The good news is that Hitchcock won't be forced to find minutes to play him.
Now that is a very good point!

Old
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
Puck-rakers says Howson and Hitch don't seem to agree with the handling of Filatov, so don't blame Howie for this.
Of course they disagreed. Hitch wants a team full of grinders who are big, slow, and can't skate. He thinks he's still in the old-NHL, clutch and grab hockey, win 1-0. Doesn't work that way anymore Hitch.

Meanwhile Howson realizes you actually need some goal scoring on the team, drafts Voracek (playmaker, I know) and Filatov while getting some offensive defensemen in later rounds, filling a huge need in the minors. Hitch wants defensive defensemen that can't skate and can muck it up for 60 minutes.

Them disagreeing on Filatov really shouldn't be a surprise.

Robert was right, Hitch is stuck in 1999.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:40 PM
MFRONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOL86 View Post
All I have to say is GOOD FOR FILATOV. His dream has always been to play in the NHL so I believe he will return next season. He's too young to settle down in Russia just yet. He is at an age where he needs to be developed. He needs to be on the ice whether it be in Columbus, Syracuse or Russia. Sitting on the bench is just hurting his confidence while increasing tension between him, Hitch and Howson.

IMO, Hitch was on the path to ruining him and Nik did the right thing. He is getting nothing out of being in Columbus. It's painfully apparent that he isn't a part of Hitch's plan, so why should he sit around and wait? It's better that he be in Russia. He is only 19. He has plenty of time for an NHL career though I doubt it will be with Columbus.
Hitch isn't ruining him, he's playing the correct amount of minutes that he deserves.

Jackets have been handling this correctly because they probably know that Filatov would bolt for Russia for good if they tried to have him play in Syracuse all season (where he really belongs).

Old
11-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
You are creating something out of nothing.

If Hitchcock were "in charge", Filatov would have never been drafted.

If Howson were "in charge", Filatov would be getting 15 minutes a night.
Your post makes it so clear.... I'll tell ya dude, GM's that lose first round draft picks because the head coach doesn't like them don't get jobs after getting fired. Someone must be the boss....

Closed Thread