HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Tiger Woods

Old
12-03-2009, 05:54 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 984
OT - Tiger Woods

Anyone else find it sad how this guy is being treated ? Got people saying oh man he should of just came out and admited it.... Like everyone in this world wouldn't try to cover up the same scenario... Dunno I find it a joke that someone who is human acts less than super human they get A town stomped. People make mistakes it's what makes us human. Although not a huge fan of this 60 mill to his wife to stay with him for 2 more years.... anyways discuss

2CHAINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Alfredsson

vCash: 500
well its all over the tabloids, CNN (same thing) and every news outlet. I couldn't begin to tell you how little I care. It just shows our fixation with celebrities and their wrong doings. I know people who have done the same or worse than Tiger and I feel a little bad for those in the spotlight.

Off the record, his "hit list" is pretty impressive. lol

Eventually all that fame and fortune will go to your head no matter how humble or grounded you are.

Alfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Freerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patizzie View Post
Anyone else find it sad how this guy is being treated ? Got people saying oh man he should of just came out and admited it.... Like everyone in this world wouldn't try to cover up the same scenario... Dunno I find it a joke that someone who is human acts less than super human they get A town stomped. People make mistakes it's what makes us human. Although not a huge fan of this 60 mill to his wife to stay with him for 2 more years.... anyways discuss

Media being hard on people is nothing new, they feed on that *****.

Tiger's still the man to me. This changes nothing, except make him a more interesting figure. I'm sure he loves his family just as much as always, this was just a sex thing that guys can understand and girls can't.

This is also why I think marriage is pointless, when 50% of couples get divorced, maybe its time to give up the whole marriage thing. Media wouldn't blow this up so much if he wasn't married.

Then there's the whole "what about the children" arguement. There's millions of kids that grow up without their parents togther; no big deal.

I know, I have no heart.........

Tiger's a playa!!

Freerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Topside

He's only keeping quiet to protect his wife. No wonder he allegedly cheated on her if she's the type of person who would allegedly beat him with a golf club. Imagine if it was the other way around... yikes.

Topside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Alfredsson

I don't entirely disagree. It's hard for me to really feel sympathy for someone as privileged and talented as Tiger.

Old
12-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Constantine
In hoc signo vinces

People should stop caring so much about what celebrities are doing and worry more about their
own lives. Maybe society wouldn’t be so messed up, just a thought.

Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:16 PM
topshelfie
No Rispeck

Yeah let's cut Tiger a break, theres nothing wrong with cheating on your wife when you have kids.

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Northern Vibe

I may be a heartless person here, but he is getting everything he deserves. Ask his wife. His carefully cultivated image has come crashing down around him and it is his own fault.

I always thought something was not quite right with this guy. Definitely ultra-talented but not genuine, a carefully controlled contruction to sell product and make money.

I am surprised that he was so supremely stupid, in this age, to leave tracks of his "transgressions". I did think he was smarter than that!

No wonder he wanted to keep his non-golfing life ultra private. Sometimes when you lift a rock, something slimey oozes out from under it.

Northern Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Alfredsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Vibe View Post
I may be a heartless person here, but he is getting everything he deserves. Ask his wife. His carefully cultivated image has come crashing down around him and it is his own fault.

I always thought something was not quite right with this guy. Definitely ultra-talented but not genuine, a carefully controlled contruction to sell product and make money.

I am surprised that he was so supremely stupid, in this age, to leave tracks of his "transgressions". I did think he was smarter than that!

No wonder he wanted to keep his non-golfing life ultra private. Sometimes when you lift a rock, something slimey oozes out from under it.

lol, what?

Old
12-03-2009, 06:29 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

Quote:
60 mill to his wife to stay with him for 2 more years....
Say what?? This is the new 21st century alimony? Prostitution? I've never heard of this before, is this common with celebrities?

Its not like he's the Italian Prime Minister who had 12 women at a time. Or Clinton doing it in the white house while working. But it seems a common thought of the rich and powerful, of whats the point of being rich and powerful if you cant get more sex out of it.

Maybe it shouldnt really be too surprising that so many people who are driven to success and power, seem to be driven that way.

thinkwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Northern Vibe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerz View Post
[/B]

lol, what?
I said "Sometimes when you lift a rock, something slimey oozes out from under it".

Take the next step...think about it...

Northern Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:33 PM
enviro61

I don;t feel sorry for his azz at all. He has made hundreds of millions exploiting the media to his advantage and cultivating an image that will sell his wares. Now the media is on him about something negative and he screams unfair. You can;t have it both ways.

Also, I like how once he is caught, he comes out and says he has not been true to his values and he is going to be a better father, husband and role model. Bullcrap, you just got caught and now you have had this great epihany and righting your moral compass. Give me a break; he would have kept on cheating had he not been exposed. What makes me sad is so many people are quick to forgive and will give him a standing ovation at the next tournament like he is some kind of hero returning from war.

He's a coward.

enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Alfredsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Vibe View Post
I said "Sometimes when you lift a rock, something slimey oozes out from under it".

Take the next step...think about it...
I know I know, I just thought it was funny...

Old
12-03-2009, 06:35 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

This is what happens when you get paid hundreds of millions of dollars to bat a little ball around in the public eye.

Its the price athletes, actors, musicians and other celebrities pay for their fame. Its hypocritical to complain about the media and paparatzi when u get paid ridiculous amounts of money to do something that isn't all that important.

Hey Tiger, you don't want the media to swarm you? Don't cheat on your ****ing wife.

PoutineSp00nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:36 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 984
Like honestly guy must have it thrown at him all day long, gives in to temptaion now he's this slime ball... I don't think any less of him for doing what he did however, this 60 mill thing I can't understand that, like whatever happend to being with someone cause you loved them ? I am not saying she should stay with him cause he made a mistake it's obviously up to her and for them to work out but to stay with him or to even offer her money to stay... He must feel really self conscious

2CHAINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Alfredsson

60 mill to his wife? What's this?

Old
12-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Ranch Tooth

If Tiger wanted his privacy that bad then he wouldn't have endorsed anything. Once you put your name on a public product, you're all in whether you like it or not. It doesn't make it right but that's just the way it is.

Ranch Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:43 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviro61 View Post
I don;t feel sorry for his azz at all. He has made hundreds of millions exploiting the media to his advantage and cultivating an image that will sell his wares. Now the media is on him about something negative and he screams unfair. You can;t have it both ways.

Also, I like how once he is caught, he comes out and says he has not been true to his values and he is going to be a better father, husband and role model. Bullcrap, you just got caught and now you have had this great epihany and righting your moral compass. Give me a break; he would have kept on cheating had he not been exposed. What makes me sad is so many people are quick to forgive and will give him a standing ovation at the next tournament like he is some kind of hero returning from war.

He's a coward.
That is what i have a bit of a probleam with and its not just tiger.ITs great to have the media when your doing well and are on top of the world.But when things are bad you don't want them claming you want privacy etc sorry you can't have both.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:46 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
That is what i have a bit of a probleam with and its not just tiger.ITs great to have the media when your doing well and are on top of the world.But when things are bad you don't want them claming you want privacy etc sorry you can't have both.

The media loves a fall from grace and inevitable redemption story. They're busy tearing him down right now, but in a year or two they'll build him back up.

Unless his wife divorces him when the prenup lets her for her massive cash settlement.

PoutineSp00nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:51 PM
SENSfreak_03

unless they have a pre-nup, couldn't tigers wife get more than 60 mil in a divorce, if he did indeed cheat.

Tiger's biggest mistake was getting married in the first place. A young, uber-rich, mega athlete? I woulda waited, its not like he was dating out his league and was like damn I should lock this down, he could have his pick of the litter.

SENSfreak_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:51 PM
SilverSeven

I agree with the poster above that marriage is quickly become outdated. This is still wrong though. He made the commitment. He didnt have to. He broke that commitment.

No sympathy for the media being all over him. When you make millions by being a public figure, you get no sympathy from me for the negatives that come with it. Again, it was his choice to live life in the public eye. He didnt have to be a professional golfer.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Constantine
In hoc signo vinces

Quote:
Like honestly guy must have it thrown at him all day long, gives in to temptaion now he's this slime ball... I don't think any less of him for doing what he did however, this 60 mill thing I can't understand that, like whatever happend to being with someone cause you loved them ? I am not saying she should stay with him cause he made a mistake it's obviously up to her and for them to work out but to stay with him or to even offer her money to stay... He must feel really self conscious
So if your lover cheated on you would you say to them I dont think any less of you, it's understanding that you gave in to temptation?

Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:53 PM
fishbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topside View Post
He's only keeping quiet to protect his wife. No wonder he allegedly cheated on her if she's the type of person who would allegedly beat him with a golf club. Imagine if it was the other way around... yikes.
That's right, blame the wife. He's been cheating on her for years and I'm sure when she found out she went a bit berserk. I don't condone it if she actually went after him with a golf club, but I certainly understand her doing it. He humiliated her in front of the whole world. And these "skanks" keep coming out of the woodwork. How many more are there? Which is a question I'm sure she's asking.

Her whole life has fallen down around her. She thought she had a husband that respected and loved her. Obviously not. He lied, he cheated. Those are not signs of respect.

He's the type of man that should never have gotten married. Rich and famous. Deadly combination. I'm sure women throw themselves at him at every opportunity. Unfortunately he couldn't keep it in his pants. And now he has to pay the piper.

From what I read, it was Tiger's lawyers that offered to up the pre-nup so that she'll stay with him and help rebuild his reputation. If I were Elin, I'd run for the hills. Once a cheater always a cheater. He'll just try to hide it better next time.

He wasn't very clever (actually very stupid) if he thought he could get away with it for very long. Obviously he did for a few years, but eventually everything comes out.

I was a Tiger fan and still am a Tiger fan. I don't like what he's done in his personal life but it's his personal life, not mine. I still think he's the greatest golfer ever.

Oh, just one more thing. I don't think he's sorry for what he's done, he's sorry for getting caught. JMO

fishbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:55 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSfreak_03 View Post
unless they have a pre-nup, couldn't tigers wife get more than 60 mil in a divorce, if he did indeed cheat.

Tiger's biggest mistake was getting married in the first place. A young, uber-rich, mega athlete? I woulda waited, its not like he was dating out his league and was like damn I should lock this down, he could have his pick of the litter.
If he cheated or not and they split up yes his wife would likely get more then $60 million.

Old
12-03-2009, 06:57 PM
wjhl2009fan

Topside
Are you really blaming his wife.