HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

When Gionta comes back. (xxx-Gomez-Gionta)

View Poll Results: Who plays will complete the Gomez-Gionta line?
Pacioretty 9 4.52%
S. Kostitsyn 141 70.85%
D'Agostini 0 0%
Pouliot 43 21.61%
Other 6 3.02%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-15-2009, 03:39 AM
Stradale

vCash: 500
When Gionta comes back. (xxx-Gomez-Gionta)

With the way Cammalleri-Plekanec-A. Kostitsyn are playing, I doubt JM will break them out and put Cammy back on that line, so my question is: Who do you want to complete the Gomez-Gionta duo.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 03:46 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

I think its going to be between Pouliot and Sergei. D'Agostini is terrible and Martin doesn't seem to trust him while the Pacioretty-Metropolit-Moen line might be too good to break up.

Right now we have no idea how Pouliot is going to perform so the discussion is premature at best. He might be the third coming of the Lord or completely useless, nobody knows. Its also possible Martin intends to use him as a center so we have 3 offensive lines since our second line can't cut it alone.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:04 AM
Rockomax

It will probably depend on how Pouliot plays when he comes with the team (I assume he will play on a line with Sergei and Gomez so that Lappy can go back on a role fitting his skills). I would think that the better player between Sergei and Pouliot will get the spot...besides there has not been a lot of updates on Gionta's status since he is out of the lineup

Rockomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:05 AM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
I think we should try Max up there. this is because metro has been struggling the last few games and gionta will provide the vet presence for max (no offense to gomez). also it gives pouliot time to come back into the NHL playing less minutes with moen and metro, and although we want to give him a shot a the top 6, we shouldn't be hasty to rush him right back into the fire.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:51 AM
ReVeuF

Unless Pouliot really impress my vote go to Sergei

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 04:52 AM
Komarov47

Sergei K. at the start, we have to wait what Pouliot worth.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 06:13 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Carter-Gomez-Gionta

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 08:10 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
At this point, Sergei has earned his 2nd line spot more than Gomez.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 08:12 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
I hear ya, man.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
What? I like Sergei and all plus he's been playing well, but he's got 3 points in 11 games and is a -3, Gomez has more points than that (5) in his last 8 and that number will increase when Gionta comes back.

The Gomez hate is getting pathetic on these boards. If he was floating like Kovalev, I'd understand, but he's ****ing not.

Last edited by Coldplay: 12-15-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 08:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I'd like to see Pacioretty with Gomez and S.K right now, Lapierre is ineffective on that line. I'd even try D'agostini right now. Stick Lapierre with Moen and Metro.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 08:28 AM
hotcarle

I'd have to say S.Kostitsyn. Him and Gomez seem to have some chemistry. I'd like to say Pouliot, but at this point I don't know if he'll ever play for us, I can't believe Markov might play before him.

hotcarle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 08:29 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I would like to see Sergei with them,but I wouldn't be surprised if Pouliot is given every single shot at being that player there

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Daice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
What? I like Sergei and all, but he's got 3 points in 11 games and is a -3, Gomez has more points than that (5) in his last 8 and that number will increase when Gionta comes back.

The Gomez hate is getting pathetic on these boards. If he was floating like Kovalev, I'd understand, but he's ****ing not.
whats pathetic is a 8million dollar playing on a second line barely putting 0.5 pts per game meaning 16pts in 30 games.

he has been a little better last games, but still. he is not a pleckanec last year where we saw him struggling, without putting points. he was making what 2 million

whats pathetic is that 2 of his 4 games were in empty netters, oh so he is a playmaker, nice to see cammalleri a natural scorer have as many passes as him

whats pathetic is MAB, a D, having as many points as gomez with 3 less games played Same for metropolit with 2 games less played...

what also is pathetic is him never trying to beat a d on a 1 or 1, he always stops at the blueline and waits for help.

Metropolit dint play with cammalleri or gionta on a regular basis. he got a couple of point on the pp.

at 8mil I dont expect you to work hard and it will be ok, you are expected to produce regardless of the players youre with, you have to make them better not sergei and lapierre making gomez better. Put a bantam player with a passer like thornton and he will manage to score.

and with the thing that cammalleri and gionta would not have come.. give me a break, which other team would pay 5 mil for gionat. cammalleri really like the habs he woudl have come. the odds are good.

imo if it makes you happy to whine about a player such as gomez, you can, its not player bashing, he doesn;t deliver. If you are happy with a couple of passes leading to nothing, good for you

however when we got him few ppl expected him to go back to a 75 points plus production... even 70... so if im being honest i shouldnt be bashing, he is getting the amount of points I was expecting him to get... so i guess ill shut up.

oops i just bashed on gomez, I'm sorry

Last edited by Daice: 12-15-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Daice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 08:52 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Carter-Gomez-Gionta
i lol'd, good one !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 08:55 AM
RE-HABS

I voted Pouliot, it will be Sergei at first but I see Benoit getting the chance to be there, especially with the size as it could benefit that line and the play making of Gomez and Gionta will open up spots for Pouliot.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 08:56 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Looks like it'll be SKost. I hope Pouliot also makes a good run for it. MaxPac is a darkhorse... I couldn't care less who it ends up to be. Competition can only make the cream rise to the top.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 08:57 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I voted Pouliot, it will be Sergei at first but I see Benoit getting the chance to be there, especially with the size as it could benefit that line and the play making of Gomez and Gionta will open up spots for Pouliot.
He'll have to come back before Easter though...

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

I think Gionta will energize Gomez... The fact Pouliot is also indirect competition for his 2nd line center spot, hopefully also pushes Gomez to perform... To consider the possibility to end up 3rd center, when you were slated to be 1st, should be a wakeup call.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Marksman

Unless Sergei will start producing points soon, Pouliot. Anyhow, its too early to tell, anything could happen in next couple months before Gionta returns(?)

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Kriss E

S.Kost has a safe spot. Nobody else is doing much.
Pouliot will have a chance to claim a spot there before Gionta comes back. Hopefully, he'll do good because we started the year without a 2nd line and 30games in, we still have that problem.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:42 AM
MTL-rules

We desperately need size upfront, meaning Pouillot or Pacioretty. Pouillot hasn't shown anything remotely worthy of top 6 ice time (with the Wild, of course). MaxPac was doing great before having to suffer the inexplicable Metroplit metamorphosis... he gets my vote.

Cammy-Plekky-Andrei
MaxPac-the 7,4mil dollar man-Gionta
Sergei-Pouillot-Moen
MAB-Lappy-BGL
Metro...a couple of nights in the press box to never forget the kind a player he really is

Markov-Mara
Hammer-Spacek
Gill-Gorges

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Darth Joker

I'd like to see Pouliot get a few games there once he returns from injury. But not necessarily right away.

I'd like to see Gomez/Gionta/Sergei and Gomez/Gionta/Pouliot both tried. See which line works better, and go with it.

Metro/Moen/Patches is a solid third line for us, and I'd probably want to keep it together, at least as long as Metro keeps putting up the points like he has been.

As for D'Agostini... he might be an odd man out once we have a fully healthy line-up.

It'll be interesting to see what choices Martin makes when it comes to who dresses and who doesn't once we have a fully healthy line-up (well, if that ever happens of course lol )

Last edited by Darth Joker: 12-15-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'd like to see Pacioretty with Gomez and S.K right now, Lapierre is ineffective on that line. I'd even try D'agostini right now. Stick Lapierre with Moen and Metro.
I was just going to post the same thing. Put Lapierre back in a checking role with Metro and Moen where he is more comfortable (and more suited to play). Put Pacioretty with more offensive players.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 10:01 AM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
I would start by giving a chance to Pouliot. Having a role model like Gionta couldn't hurt.

L'abstrait is offline   Reply With Quote