HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The proposal thread (Place all your trade proposals here)

View Poll Results: With Carter, what happens to Plekanec
We find a way to keep, deadlocking the center position and cap 35 60.34%
Thanks Mr. Plekanec for your contribution, but... 13 22.41%
We keep as an asset to trade later on... 10 17.24%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2009, 09:57 AM
surferdude99*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysal View Post
If it is Chicago they deal him to I would rather get Justin Gufylgen in return. (sorry about the spelling) Not sure how that works out cap space wise, but, that size and speed would be awsome. Could have greater up side if he gets to play a more offensive role...on the Hawks they don't really need his offense, so, he may have more potential there, given the chance. What he could do for the PP would be worth the trade in and of itself...screening the goalie, banging in MAB's ot Marky's rebounds...beautiful!
I hope you weren't trying to spell who's name I think you were

Old
12-26-2009, 09:58 AM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Since we are pretty much sure that Halak might get traded before the trade deadline (especially if Gainey is still the GM), I have put together various Halak proposals that are serious and have explained why they make sense for both teams.

To Montreal:

Claude Giroux + Jeff Carter
Total: $5,850,000.00

To Philadelphia:

Jaroslav Halak + Andrei Kostitsyn + Sergei Kostitsyn
Total: $4,635,000.00

Why? Philadelphia needs a goalie and needs to shake up the team, so both a goalie and offensive help would be perfect for them. Montreal can benifit from this deal because we need a big centre (and have needed one for decades) and Giroux is not French but has a French name - LOL

To Montreal:

Fabian Brunnstrom
Total: $875,000.00

To Dallas:

Jaroslav Halak
Total: $800,000.00

Why? Dallas and Turco are no future because of Turco always chokes in the playoffs and Montreal always liked and wanted Brunnstrom, so maybe he can be a nice building block for the future with players like Pacioretty, Pouliot and Subban etc. This deal would be a lot like the Latendresse deal where you are trading close to dollar for dollar.

To Montreal:

Justin Abdelkader
Total: $710,000.00

To Detroit:

Jaroslav Halak

Why? Detroit needs goaltending depth and a goalie of the future while Montreal can use a young forward like Justin Abdelkader that plays his heart out and does not disappear in the playoffs. Makes sense financially as well!

To Montreal:

Adam Burish + 3rd round draft pick in 2010
Total: $725,000.00

To Chicago:

Jaroslav Halak

Why? Chicago needs a backup plan for Huet and this may be the season that Chicago goes for the cup while Montreal can use the grit that Burish brings to the table and a 3rd round draft pick in 2010 (that we do not have as a result of a past trade).
i wish you were the Paul Holmgren

Old
12-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

You do know Chicago is one of the deepest teams as far as goaltending goes, right? Huet, Niemi, Crawford, Fallon. Three of those guys are under 26-years of age.

I also doubt Halak is traded unless Price starts dominating while the team plays well around him. For some reason, Halak is posting the wins and if we want to make the playoffs, at this point, it seems that's the line-up we need to use. That's not a knock on Price, who has been good this season, but for some reason, he's getting no support.

And I'm sorry, but I'd prefer the playoffs over a 9th or 10th place finish.

Old
12-26-2009, 10:01 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viau View Post
Brunnstrom is marshmallow soft, and I'm still not sure about Abdelkader. Getting Giroux and Carter would be phenomenal, but I doubt Philly would ever pay that price ; they never want to give **** for a goalie...
I agree, but it has been the obvious down fall of Holmgren and Clarke as GM in Philly. Maybe time to pay the price to get the goalie, why have all the other key components if you don't have the main "X" factor in net?

Old
12-26-2009, 10:04 AM
gysal

Yea, sorry that's the guy...

Old
12-26-2009, 07:21 PM
alexo

Edmonton fan here..

As a Montreal fan, would you like to see:

To Montreal:
Jeff Deslauriers
Andrew Cogliano

To Edmonton:
Jaroslav Halak
Ryan O'Byrne

Old
12-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Drydenwasthebest

No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexo View Post
Edmonton fan here..

To Montreal:
Jeff Deslauriers
Andrew Cogliano

To Edmonton:
Jaroslav Halak
Ryan O'Byrne
Not in the least. We have absolutely no need for another small, soft, forward with "potential", we have enough of our own. We need a big goal scoring forward. Unfortunately, Penner is not someone you would give up. Too bad, sigh...

Old
12-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Passchendaele

Quote:
To Montreal:

To Philadelphia:

Horrible. Is there actually a better word to describe this?

Old
12-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Edmonton fan here..

To Montreal:
Jeff Deslauriers
Andrew Cogliano

To Edmonton:
Jaroslav Halak
Ryan O'Byrne
If the Habs trade Halak, it will be to get a veteran backup for Price. They have no use for Deslauriers. Cogliano would be a good safety blanket if Gainey doesn't feel that he can re-sign Plekanec. JF Jacques and Gilbert (right handed defenseman) might be of interest to the Habs...

Old
12-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
If the Habs trade Halak, it will be to get a veteran backup for Price. They have no use for Deslauriers. Cogliano would be a good safety blanket if Gainey doesn't feel that he can re-sign Plekanec. JF Jacques and Gilbert (right handed defenseman) might be of interest to the Habs...
Gilbert and his $4 million cap hit won't interest the Habs at all, not to mention he hasn't been good at all this year.

Old
12-26-2009, 09:39 PM
alexo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Gilbert and his $4 million cap hit won't interest the Habs at all, not to mention he hasn't been good at all this year.
Yah as an Oil fan, I can say the $4M cap hit is hard to swallow. However, his play has improved this year over last. He hasn't been that bad at all. But not $4M good.

On another note though, what would it take to acquire O'Byrne (from the Oilers). We could use a big d-man here, especially if he's capable in his own zone.

Old
12-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Why would we want Cogliano? Is it because he has 9 points this season? Is it his great size, a whopping 5'10, 185 pounds? Is it his softness and desire to avoid hits? He would be a "good" safety blanket if Plekanec left?!?!

The only Edmonton guys we would want, are not available. We are not good trade partners because we both need big, scoring forwards.

Old
12-26-2009, 09:45 PM
QuietReign

Just as a side note... i notice every philly montreal offer has Jeff Carter.... wouldn't Simon Gagné be better in an exchange for a Halak package?

ps. this isnt an offer of Halak for Gagné... i just mean why wouldnt we go after gagné instead of carter....

Old
12-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Carter is the big centre that the Habs have lacked for years...that's why he's in every proposal

Old
12-26-2009, 09:50 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson View Post
Carter is the big centre that the Habs have lacked for years...that's why he's in every proposal
and the only thing we have Philly would want in return is the one thing we wouldn't want to give up: Tomas Plekanec.

Old
12-26-2009, 09:53 PM
alexo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Why would we want Cogliano? Is it because he has 9 points this season? Is it his great size, a whopping 5'10, 185 pounds? Is it his softness and desire to avoid hits? He would be a "good" safety blanket if Plekanec left?!?!

The only Edmonton guys we would want, are not available. We are not good trade partners because we both need big, scoring forwards.
It's interesting to see fan opinion on players when they likely don't watch the player. Cogliano seriously needs a fresh start. A lot of fans here would agree that Cogliano is being hindered because we have players of his size/skill in bulk. We have a few too many small skilled forwards. But he has 9 points because he plays with plugs on the 3rd line with next to no powerplay time.

He's a very fast player, is decent defensively and can be pretty clutch. In his first two seasons, he did score 18 goals from our 2nd line with the other kids on it. Like I said, I think he's just being ruined here. The only reason I want to see him go is because he's underutilized on the 3rd line and could look really good on a new team.

Also, don't mistake "avoiding hits" as softness. He's not afraid to go in corners, but yes, he will avoid the hit.. using his speed.

But you're right though that both teams need size with skill, so that probably doesn't make the two teams good partners for a trade.

Old
12-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Carter is not leaving Philly unless it is for a huge overpayment, not the joke offered above. I love Halak, and think he will be a great starting goalie, but his value is not anywhere near Carter, even with the K brothers thrown in. While I, and most Habs fans, see good value in a package of the K bros and Halak for Carter (no way would you be able to include Giroux!!), Philly fans would not go for such a deal. Montreal would have to sweeten the pot with a pick or two (1st rounders) to have a chance. As much as the Habs would benefit from a big, young, goal scoring center, I would not want to give up what Philly would most likely want.

Old
12-26-2009, 09:59 PM
alexo

Quote:
Since we are pretty much sure that Halak might get traded before the trade deadline (especially if Gainey is still the GM), I have put together various Halak proposals that are serious and have explained why they make sense for both teams.

To Montreal:

To Philadelphia:

Why? Philadelphia needs a goalie and needs to shake up the team, so both a goalie and offensive help would be perfect for them. Montreal can benifit from this deal because we need a big centre (and have needed one for decades) and Giroux is not French but has a French name - LOL

From an outsiders point of view, it`s very unlikely any teams out there want to pick up the Kostitsyns. Andrei, perhaps, but I don`t see the Flyers doing that trade.

They could definitely do better for Carter.

Old
12-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Mike8

Quote:
From an outsiders point of view, it`s very unlikely any teams out there want to pick up the Kostitsyns. Andrei, perhaps, but I don`t see the Flyers doing that trade.

They could definitely do better for Carter.
Not sure how you can come to a conclusion that not many teams out there would want to pick up the Kostitsyns.

Old
12-27-2009, 02:20 AM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66lemieuxfan1 View Post
and the only thing we have Philly would want in return is the one thing we wouldn't want to give up: Tomas Plekanec.
not too sure about that...

We (possibly) have the one thing that the Flyers have lacked for years...a consistent starting goalie

Let's be honest...Philly hasn't had one since Hextall

and no, i'm not saying that Halak is worth Carter, but you can't say that it's not a Philly weakness

Old
12-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post

Who do WE have in our system who could be ready to step into the second line center role next year if we can't re-sign Plekanec? Maxwell and company aren't ready to put up offensive numbers as they don't have any NHL experience to speak of.

Of course, there is always the possibility of moving Pouliot to center and look for a winger instead. That's why I said that Cogliano could be a security blanket, not that we must get him.

Old
12-27-2009, 12:26 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson View Post
not too sure about that...

We (possibly) have the one thing that the Flyers have lacked for years...a consistent starting goalie

Let's be honest...Philly hasn't had one since Hextall

and no, i'm not saying that Halak is worth Carter, but you can't say that it's not a Philly weakness
A three-way deal involving the Habs- Philly and Carolina could be more possible...

Carolina sends Cam Ward to Philly...

Montreal sends Halak to Carolina...

Philly sends Giroux to Montreal + another player to Carolina.

Old
12-27-2009, 12:40 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
A three-way deal involving the Habs- Philly and Carolina could be more possible...

why would Carolina do this? Ward isnt the problem there and is better than Halak unless they get a great player like JVR or Carter they wont even think about it

Old
12-27-2009, 01:38 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want The 25 View Post
why would Carolina do this? Ward isnt the problem there and is better than Halak unless they get a great player like JVR or Carter they wont even think about it
Carolina is going nowhere and Ward's stats are terrible this year.

they might want to cut a bit of $$$ and re-build. Halak is a good and cheap solution. In my proposal, they would receive another player too from Philly, that could be JVR or a young talented d-man.

Old
12-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:

To Montreal:

Adam Burish + 3rd round draft pick in 2010
Total: $725,000.00

To Chicago:

Jaroslav Halak

Why? Chicago needs a backup plan for Huet and this may be the season that Chicago goes for the cup while Montreal can use the grit that Burish brings to the table and a 3rd round draft pick in 2010 (that we do not have as a result of a past trade).
Hawks are fine in net!

Huet 17-8-2 2.01 GAA / .915 Sv Pct 3 SO
Niemi 8-1-1 1.59 GAA / .937 Sv Pct 4 SO

And 2 things about Burish

-He messed up his knee in preseason and might miss the entire year
-He carries more value to our lockerrom and team chemistry then many realize

Quote:

Quote:
Carolina is going nowhere and Ward's stats are terrible this year.

they might want to cut a bit of $$$ and re-build. Halak is a good and cheap solution. In my proposal, they would receive another player too from Philly, that could be JVR or a young talented d-man.
That is the funniest thing I have ever seen

A team trading the heart of its franchise who is just 25 yrs old that they signed to a longterm extension

You also must not watch Hurricane game because Ward has been one of the few bright spots in a bleak season

Closed Thread