HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Francis Bouillion

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2004, 10:04 PM
eddy

vCash: 500
Francis Bouillion

I don't think theres been a thread on him and it was probly metioned in the game threads but I thought i'd bring up the fact that I think he's been playing very well this playoffs i've found the last couple games anyway can't really remeber how he did earlier in the series. I'll admit through the year that I was one of the people who thought he should be in the AHL and we should have had a young guy like Hainsey up in his place but, I gotta say i've been very impressed by him this playoffs and I think he's proved he can be a top 6 NHL d-man regardless of his size. Through the more physical playoffs he's been just as tough taking out big guys like Thornton very well , he hasn't made any big defencive mistakes that i've caught, always makes a couple breaks up on the offencive rush with the forwards a couple times each game and of course still plays very physical and with a heart of a lion, so I just thought that Bouillion desearved a little credit for his good play.

Old
04-16-2004, 10:12 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy
I don't think theres been a thread on him and it was probly metioned in the game threads but I thought i'd bring up the fact that I think he's been playing very well this playoffs i've found the last couple games anyway can't really remeber how he did earlier in the series. I'll admit through the year that I was one of the people who thought he should be in the AHL and we should have had a young guy like Hainsey up in his place but, I gotta say i've been very impressed by him this playoffs and I think he's proved he can be a top 6 NHL d-man regardless of his size. Through the more physical playoffs he's been just as tough taking out big guys like Thornton very well , he hasn't made any big defencive mistakes that i've caught, always makes a couple breaks up on the offencive rush with the forwards a couple times each game and of course still plays very physical and with a heart of a lion, so I just thought that Bouillion desearved a little credit for his good play.
After seeing him handle himself in the playoffs, i must say i have no problem with him being our 7th D next season. Dont get me wrong, he has played very well, but we have too let Hainsey play next season, and not only because he must clear waivers, but also because its time to "try" and develope him at the nhl level.

Next season we should see---
1.Souray-Komo
2.Markov-Rivet
3.Hainsey-Breezy

Third pairing should see limited ice time 5-5, and some pp time. Bouillion can take over for Hainsey from time to time, kinda like Komo this season.

As for Bouillions play this playoffs...........

Edit- I changed my D parings from the last post!

This might be better, know that i think about it...

1.Souray-Breezy
2.Markov-Komo
3.Hainsey-Rivet

This way every pairing has a physical and a good puck moving D.

Last edited by Mooch: 04-16-2004 at 10:26 PM.
Old
04-16-2004, 10:17 PM
Raider917

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
After seeing him handle himself in the playoffs, i must say i have no problem with him being our 7th D next season. Dont get me wrong, he has played very well, but we have too let Hainsey play next season, and not only because he must clear waivers, but also because its time to "try" and develope him at the nhl level.

Next season we should see---

1.Souray-Komo
2.Markov-Rivet
3.Hainsey-Breezy

Third pairing should see limited ice time 5-5, and some pp time. Bouillion can take over for Hainsey from time to time, kinda like Komo this season.

As for Bouillions play this playoffs...........

should hainsey and brisebois be paired? defensive responsibility arent either of thems strong suit.

Old
04-16-2004, 10:19 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
should hainsey and brisebois be paired? defensive responsibility arent either of thems strong suit.
Ya i thought about that, and the alternative i guess would be

Markov-Breezy
Hainsey-Rivet

or

Souray-Breezy
Markov-Komo
Hainsey-Rivet

Thats better actually, what do you think???

Old
04-16-2004, 10:23 PM
eddy

Quote:
Ya thats true, hard to say though, cause if brisebois is known for anything it's his defencive mistakes but he did lead the team in +/- this season, so he can obviuolsy play solid defencivly if he wants. So that Brisbois-Hainsey pairing is a tough call but if it would work out I really like mooch's idea for our top 6 D next year and i'd liek to see it along with Bouillion as our 7th D rotating in and out and filling in when injuries occur.

Old
04-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy
Ya thats true, hard to say though, cause if brisebois is known for anything it's his defencive mistakes but he did lead the team in +/- this season, so he can obviuolsy play solid defencivly if he wants. So that Brisbois-Hainsey pairing is a tough call but if it would work out I really like mooch's idea for our top 6 D next year and i'd liek to see it along with Bouillion as our 7th D rotating in and out and filling in when injuries occur.
who are the top free agent defencemen for next season?

Old
04-16-2004, 10:31 PM
Mooch

Quote:
who are the top free agent defencemen for next season?
Where would any D fit in???

I think the season after Breezy's gone, we can sign someone. For next season, were stuck with Breezy.

Old
04-16-2004, 10:34 PM
Raider917

Quote:

I think the season after Breezy's gone, we can sign someone. For next season, were stuck with Breezy.
does a lockout freeze the contracts? will he have a full playing season left or just 1 year?

Old
04-16-2004, 10:37 PM
eddy

Quote:

Ya agreed, with a lot of good young D eager to get more ice time there is no room for anymore defence. But about brisebois if he has another season next year like he did last season I don't see why we shouldn't sign him maybe for another year or so, but to a much more resonable deal then he has now, but i'm saying this IF he stays consistent and plays another good season, is signed to a more resonable contract and there isn't somone else out there avaiable we coupld get that would be better.

Old
04-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Mooch

Quote:
does a lockout freeze the contracts? will he have a full playing season left or just 1 year?
I was wondering the same thing. From my understanding, teams must still pay players next season,thats the only reason i could see some teams disapeering. Loss of money too salaries.

will who have a full playing season left or just 1 year, Breezy??

Old
04-16-2004, 10:43 PM
Rahan

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing. From my understanding, teams must still pay players next season,thats the only reason i could see some teams disapeering. Loss of money too salaries.

will who have a full playing season left or just 1 year, Breezy??
A lockout is the employer shutting it's doors temporarily, not the players going on strike. But either way they wouldn't pay. So no, they don't pay anything. As for the contracts freezing, I don't know either.

Old
04-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
A lockout is the employer shutting it's doors temporarily, not the players going on strike. But either way they wouldn't pay. So no, they don't pay anything. As for the contracts freezing, I don't know either.
Thanks for clearing that up!

Old
04-17-2004, 12:06 AM
EaGLE1

Hainsey is probably a bust. I would stick with Bouillon.

Old
04-17-2004, 12:17 AM
furax

Send a message via ICQ to furax
Bouillon had a pretty good serie so far.........

Only negative point........ i don't know if im the only one noticed that........

he often try be the goalie. I remember 2 goals that he was trying to stop the puck but couldn't do it. (game #4: first 2 goals)

Old
04-17-2004, 12:29 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

BG and CJ will never open Hainsey a spot by tossing Bouillon. Ron just doesn't have it at all. Bouillon, on the other hand, plays a very sound game and brings a lot of energy. Having players like Bouillon, Begin, Koivu (all small but playing big) is one of the reason this team has that much heart.

Old
04-17-2004, 12:33 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by furax
Bouillon had a pretty good serie so far.........

Only negative point........ i don't know if im the only one noticed that........

he often try be the goalie. I remember 2 goals that he was trying to stop the puck but couldn't do it. (game #4: first 2 goals)
I think that he's doing fine by trying to be the "goalie" himself. Players do it all the time and it works just fine. Ok, he's been unlucky on a few plays, but the goalie is still there and should make the saves. And being in front of the shooter also makes them shot less since that shot could very well be useless (if shotted) because it might end up in a good outlet pass by the other defender thus making a 3 on 2 on 2 on 1.

Old
04-17-2004, 01:30 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

big hart but 7th next year

Old
04-17-2004, 09:34 AM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Thanks for telling us.

Old
04-17-2004, 10:33 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Give the kid another chance. He's a promising young defenseman.
Wasn't Ribeiro "a bust" last year? Look at him now. Solid 2nd line centerman. Just give it time.

Old
04-17-2004, 10:37 AM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
Give the kid another chance. He's a promising young defenseman.
Wasn't Ribeiro "a bust" last year? Look at him now. Solid 2nd line centerman. Just give it time.
I agree, people give up on prospects way to early. I mean he really wasen't that bad at the start of the season when he played with the team. Was he great, no, but he was decent. Baby steps!

Old
04-17-2004, 12:17 PM
tritone

Love Bouillon! Go beef stew!!!!!!
Hainsey needs a chance. Who knows what next year holds with CBA ....but I'm thinking Quintal might make a space for someone soon. Hopefully Hainsey shows up for next year's training camp prepared.

Old
04-18-2004, 01:38 AM
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.

I just found out that Francis Bouillon played for us with the Montreal Roadrunners back in 1996.... Interesting !

Old
04-18-2004, 02:15 AM
Mackee

He's played pretty well...although a forward at full speed still blows by him quite a bit (Nylander did it tonight, got a great scoring chance too)

Other than that, no complaints.

Closed Thread