HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings v. Oil: non-shootout edition of POST GAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
12-16-2009, 12:37 AM
Shellz

vCash: 500
Didn't get to watch the game tonight. I think I am 7-0-0 when I don't watch so far, haha.

But, reading the Oilers board is hilarious. Not even about Brown, but some think our team is a fluke. Pretty awesome. Keep thinking that.

Last edited by Shellz: 12-16-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyboy View Post
Sry to drop in, but i saw a lil bit of the game on tv and saw the replay on nhl.com... Didn't Kopitar tip that shot in? It seems pretty obvious to me as u can clearly see the tip of his stick flick towards the net after being hit by the puck....
Yeah, it sure looked like Anze redirected it to me.

It was probably the only time Anze's stick was used at all tonight...

Brown, Richardson and Frolov were the only consistent Kings forwards. I loved the first 58 minutes of Brown's game, but that dive was just chicken **** hockey - no reason for that at all, and it cheapens the game.

Williams, Handzus and Purcell all had some strong shifts as well, but Kopitar, man, dude better be having some back spasms or something like that, because if not, this is one hell of a pouty/baby act he is putting out there.

Quinn is right - the Oil had maybe 7-8 good minutes all night, but they were awful for the most part. They had some strong attacks, but absolutely no center ice presence in any of the three zones. It's far too easy to bottle them up when the only attack is coming from outnumbered rushes and point bombs from Souray.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cruel11
Classless Kings

lol I'm having problems with Photobucket cuz every time i post gifs here, my bandwith gets exceeded.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 01:08 AM
Luuuc20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Very appropriate gif:
LMAO! That's my new strut, thanks!

Luuuc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 01:50 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Seeing Richardson burn Visnovsky which resulted in a goal for Brown made my night. **** you Oilers fans.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 02:58 AM
GummiBaked
Holiday in Cambodia

Another outstanding game by quick.

I'd like to see him get in the top three satrs of the week.

GummiBaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 03:06 AM
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!

Great win for the Kings. Hope JJ isn't out too long.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 03:58 AM
Bandit

It's very sad that Brown dove and "ruined" the game for the Oilers. I wonder what their excuse is for the other 58 minutes?

Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:01 AM
lak4ever

Yeah!

Didnt get to watch the game tonight, but I'm glad I came home to a win. Definitely made my night.

Looks like Quick had another great game as did Frolov.

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:20 AM
Luuuc20

What a win!! I cant sleep, i'm so amped...GO KINGS GO!

Luuuc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 07:39 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

After a shaky start to the season, it looks like Quick is getting more and more comfortable as the season progresses. Expect him to be heading over to Vancouver to represent the US team as the third string backup.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 08:26 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

This team still has a long way to go before it reaches the ultimate goal, but the line forms at the left for some of you to kiss Dean's a**.

Last edited by TonySCV: 12-16-2009 at 11:53 AM. Reason: personal commentary about other posters removed
KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:43 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

I think many of us were satisfied after the Smyth trade and Scuderi signing. The fear going into the Summer was that he wouldn't pick anyone up due to his "the kids just need to get better" line.

He did something and I think even DIEHARD was pleased at the time so the "I told you so" is a little bit lame.

I like you K17, but I would be remiss if I didn't say:

Of course you would know where the line forms to kiss Dean's ass

Last edited by TonySCV: 12-16-2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: removed quoted text that was deleted
BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:18 AM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

... OK, I have no idea who this Captain Ron guy is. But, as for me, I can't see where I've come on here and constantly been negative about this organization, or more negative than anyone else. That's news to me. I don't hold this regime responsible for the decades of failure that preceded their arrival.

I'm not going to kneel down and kiss Lombardi's ass for merely doing what he should be doing at this juncture. We're in the fourth year of his tenure; we should be reaping some rewards. He threw two seasons completely in the tank to pile up the draft picks he wanted in quantity and quality, and let's not forget he had pieces in place before his arrival. I'm not going to call the man a genius because he hasn't completely fallen on his face. He's been an adequate GM. He's made some good moves, he's made some blunders, and he's made moves that are questionable that the jury is still out on.

I think sometimes people here are too quick to say someone is being negative simply because that person doesn't immediately bow down and worship a player or GM. It's OK to say that someone has been average, or a little bit above or below average. It's not always one extreme or the other.

Last edited by TonySCV: 12-16-2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: removed quoted text from a prior post that was deleted
JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:18 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

So I ended up not staying up til' 1 to watch the replay, but i'm on winter break and it's my day off so i'm gonna watch the replay at 11am.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I certainly don't think it is a coincidence that Captain Ron disappears whenever the Kings do good. I remember him doing the samething last year during a stint in which the Kings were doing pretty well. This year, the team has to be exceeding everyone's expectations. You still see PSP showing up and giving positive commentary and Tikkanen doing the same thing. My issue with the "dark side" has always been that they seemed to believe they had the objective opinion when it always seemed to me they just had the contrarian opinion.

It is great to see this team winning and a majority of the fans riding the bus instead of continuing to be divisive. I guess there just isn't a whole lot complain about right now and we should all be thankful for that. Lets pray this continues because the future certainly does look bright now.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:30 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

O'Donnell, Quick Lead LA Kings to 3-2 Victory At Edmonton on NHL Video

O'Donnell, Quick Lead LA Kings to 3-2 Victory At Edmonton on NHL Video

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:47 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
It's very sad that Brown dove and "ruined" the game for the Oilers. I wonder what their excuse is for the other 58 minutes?
They were rested. You'd have thought they'd been playing 7 games in 11 days, not the other way around.

----

Re: Captain Ron. I'm pretty sure Captain Ron posted a while ago that he was going to be working a lot and wouldn't be spending as much time on the boards for a while. In any case, having a discussion about another poster, particularly some of the disparaging remarks about him thrown around isn't kosher and several posts have been removed.

Let's get back to celebrating the Kings win!

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

This just in - Hemsky is out for the rest of the game.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Yeah, let's not forget they never led in the game for not even 1 second.

Edmonton fans have have humorous the last few seasons. It's always someone else's fault when the miss the playoffs.

At least we admit it when we suck

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Yeah, let's not forget they never led in the game for not even 1 second.

Edmonton fans have have humorous the last few seasons. It's always someone else's fault when the miss the playoffs.
After getting a good nights rest and a few cups of coffee, I've settled down from my furious anger at Brown diving.

It's somewhat humorous about the Edmonton "keyboarders" and how upset they got but put yourself in their shoes. Getting a PP in the final minutes only to have it taken away on a CLEAR dive by not just a player, but a Captain. Granted, their PP was similar to the Kings' PP of last year but still, magic can happen in those final minutes.

If I was an Edmonton fan, I'd be pissed at Brown too. . I mean, lots of us our fans of this sport because of the toughness, character & valor this game brings. When you see someone do that, it's disheartening.

I mean, it's happened to us. . with Perry, Roberro & others; maybe not in the final minute but we've all witnessed the "fairyness". Just think about how you would feel if the tables were turned. . .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
I mean, it's happened to us. . with Perry, Roberro & others; maybe not in the final minute but we've all witnessed the "fairyness". Just think about how you would feel if the tables were turned. . .
I think the issue is that while what Brown did (and I didn't see it) would be annoying to fans, it doesn't excuse their lackluster play against a team decimated by injuries, playing the second night of a back to back and playing quite a number of games in the past two weeks. The Kings are visibly tired and for Edmonton fans to make excuses for losing the game because of one dive is quite ridiculous. Brown diving is embarrassing for Kings fans but it isn't a legitimate excuse for losing the game.

Anyone know about when the Brown dive took place? My feed kept cutting out last night.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 01:11 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Brown has been known to dive before. We've seen it a few times over the years. He plays hard 99% of the time. He's got to get that diving stuff out of his game. It got better for a while but I've noticed it more lately during his scoring drought.

One thing is for sure we all know Terry Murray HATES that crap, and I'm sure he's addressing it with him.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Brad Doty
System Goalie

vCash: 250
Honestly, I'm usually incensed when Brown dives...but let's not forget that Brown's dive led to the ONLY Kings PP of the night. The Oilers absolutely cannot complain about the reffing in any way. I'm actually glad he milked the call, and you'll only hear that from me once in a blue moon.

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Brown has been known to dive before. We've seen it a few times over the years. He plays hard 99% of the time. He's got to get that diving stuff out of his game. It got better for a while but I've noticed it more lately during his scoring drought.

One thing is for sure we all know Terry Murray HATES that crap, and I'm sure he's addressing it with him.
I would hope that it's being addressed but I guess we'll never know.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote