HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shoulda woulda coulda

Old
12-16-2009, 12:11 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

vCash: 500
How could anyone think Strudwick is in any way shape or form an upgrade of Grebeshkov.

Do you people not notice the 5 times a game he can't clear the puck from the corner? How he is so slow he doesn't cover anyone moving around the net, how his idea of a breakout is chopping the pucks up the boards with one hand. What about his offensive acumen of dumping the puck into the corner. Guess what Grebs made ONE bad play today when the puck bounced over his stick. He wasn't in a bad position, he wasn't trying to be fancy, the puck hopped over his stick. The puck bounced all night, our ice is atrocious.

You guys are acting worse than Canadiens fans, its borderline insane the way you flip flop.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
This is what I hate about pro sports.

It's been two whole weeks since we even lost a game, but it feels like end game.

Being a fan is so spoiled.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HopelessOilFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Strudwick doesn't have the foot speed to keep up with many players but at least he tries to make the simple, smart play when he acquires the puck. Watching Grebeshkov is downright embarrassing. The panic level is off the charts.
As with any injury that puts you out for an extended period of time, it will take him a while to get used to the speed of the game again, hence why his panic level was so high. Can't be easy to go from the speed of practice to a game when as soon as you touch the puck theirs someone out for your head.

I absolutely knew people were just waiting for him to play this game, just waiting to say how bad he is because he wasnt where he was last season in his first game back in a while.

He needs time and deserves it. He has proven he has what it takes, we just need to give him a bit of time.
Gilbert was dreadful for the first quarter of the season but has started to come around, i know grebs will do the same.

HopelessOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsun View Post

It's been two whole weeks since we even lost a game, but it feels like end game.

It'd be easy to take if they weren't still, what? 5 points back?

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MePutPuckInNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxpower View Post
benching POS is the way to go - no matter what line he was on - if you look at his TOI compared to when we've scored our goals in the last 5 "come backs" they always occur when HIS ice time is limited

POS can fall off a cliff and I wouldnt bat an eye
Yeah,,,,well I know. You're the genius who said he wished O'Sullivan would get killed in the last GDT, right? So basically, nothing you say holds any weight.

And it still doesn't explain why the entire line was on the bench for half the game.

MePutPuckInNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
As with any injury that puts you out for an extended period of time, it will take him a while to get used to the speed of the game again, hence why his panic level was so high. Can't be easy to go from the speed of practice to a game when as soon as you touch the puck theirs someone out for your head.

I absolutely knew people were just waiting for him to play this game, just waiting to say how bad he is because he wasnt where he was last season in his first game back in a while.

He needs time and deserves it. He has proven he has what it takes, we just need to give him a bit of time.
Gilbert was dreadful for the first quarter of the season but has started to come around, i know grebs will do the same.
Well, they kind of need him to turn it around here. Injury or no injury, he's been bad all year.

Old
DangerMan
@danlizee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
How could anyone think Strudwick is in any way shape or form an upgrade of Grebeshkov.

Do you people not notice the 5 times a game he can't clear the puck from the corner? How he is so slow he doesn't cover anyone moving around the net, how his idea of a breakout is chopping the pucks up the boards with one hand. What about his offensive acumen of dumping the puck into the corner. Guess what Grebs made ONE bad play today when the puck bounced over his stick. He wasn't in a bad position, he wasn't trying to be fancy, the puck hopped over his stick. The puck bounced all night, our ice is atrocious.

You guys are acting worse than Canadiens fans, its borderline insane the way you flip flop.
The good news about losing tonight's game is we can put Grebeshkov back in the lineup now.

DangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Your right. We sucked all game. Totally outplayed. You dont have an agenda at all.
Oh oh...here it comes. Somehow, someway you are going to spin this into being about MacT.
Seriously...you are telling me that Quinn did a good job managing the bench? Why would he shorten the bench after going on and on about the importance of rolling 4 lines. Especially when the opposing team is playing their 2nd game in 2 nights. Why are Vis and Souray not on the PP together? I like Quinn...I have no idea why you think otherwise. Having said that he has made a lot of questionable bench decisions this season. Why don't you try debating that point instead of going off on this wacky agenda thing?

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 12:14 AM
Boilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by robitaillefan View Post
Not the best in the west?.....huh, last time i checked which was about 5 minutes ago our 22 wins gives us the most pts and 1st seed....

Not too mention we r missing 3 of our top 6 forwards......not too bad for a back to back game....
Listen to me now and cry later: the Kings aren't dat gut.

Boilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:

better get used to wins 2 lose 3....win 3 lose 2 all season

the Oilers are who we thought they were!

CantHaveTkachev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
battlegoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
the Oilers PP is disgusting... how would it have helped?
blaming the refs is a cop-out IMO
So youd rather play 5 on 5 for 2 of the last 3 minutes instead of having a man advantage? Plus Brown deserved a dive and we could have gone 6 on 3...

battlegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
No way are the Kings are the best team in the West, I don't care what their record says.

They are lucky that Penner didn't get 2 or 3 goals tonight.

Our PP has to be way better though.
You should give the kings more credit, they got a win away from home against a hot team after playing the night before, and being so battered and bruised that they had a dman centre the 3rd line.

Oilers are a good team though, i find them exciting to watch, Deslauriers just wasn't cutting it tonight, we won because Quick outplayed him, if the keepers reverse teams, Oilers win convincingly and probably shut us out

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
It'd be easy to take if they weren't still, what? 5 points back?
Yeah, but it's just an odd relationship between fan and team. It's funny how fast one forgets about winning the last five games.

Maybe it's just me.

(I'm just commenting on my own feelings, no one else's...just in case it sounds like I'm lambasting any other fans)

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 12:15 AM
frag2

Quote:
Strudwick doesn't have the foot speed to keep up with many players but at least he tries to make the simple, smart play when he acquires the puck. Watching Grebeshkov is downright embarrassing. The panic level is off the charts.
Bingo. The response I was looking for. It's about simplicity but Grebs = Stats *****...or looks like it based on his play. Kind of like early season Gilbert before the Souray pairing.

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyah83 View Post
The good news about losing tonight's game is we can put Grebeshkov back in the lineup now.
He was in the lineup tonight...

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Oh oh...here it comes. Somehow, someway you are going to spin this into being about MacT.
Seriously...you are telling me that Quinn did a good job managing the bench? Why would he shorten the bench after going on and on about the importance of rolling 4 lines. Especially when the opposing team is playing their 2nd game in 2 nights. Why are Vis and Souray not on the PP together? I like Quinn...I have no idea why you think otherwise. Having said that he has made a lot of questionable bench decisions this season. Why don't you try debating that point instead of going off on this wacky agenda thing?
I didn't hear you complaining when Quinn was putting Penner and co. on every 2nd shift in St. Louis

hindsight is always 20/20 and if Penner doesn't whiff in the last minute, Quinn is a hero

Old
12-16-2009, 12:16 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
I didn't hear you complaining when Quinn was putting Penner and co. on every 2nd shift in St. Louis

hindsight is always 20/20 and if Penner doesn't whiff in the last minute, Quinn is a hero
Did I ever suggest that Quinn use of the bench has been bad in every game?

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 12:17 AM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlegoon View Post
So youd rather play 5 on 5 for 2 of the last 3 minutes instead of having a man advantage? Plus Brown deserved a dive and we could have gone 6 on 3...
I was being facetious about the PP but seriously blaming the refs because the Oilers can't execute in all aspects of the game is WEAK

Old
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post

The difference with Grebs and Struds is Grebs goes overboard with fancy plays. Struds can only do one thing-shoot the puck around the net boards and thats it. I'd rather have some Dman that is predictable and not prone to spazzing out.

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
You're the one bagging on the coach not me. After winning five straight on the road we come home and lose by one against the top team in the western conference who we totally outplayed and outchanced all game long, and you are posting about how the coach blew it for us. Great analysis. You wouldnt know good hockey from bad so happy trolling.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Ranfordrocks

the oilers powerplay been same for the last 10 years it seems
which they get a powerplay coach.now they dont even use the pointment enuff.shoot shoot shoot.

last time i remeber there powerplay was okay when joseph beranek
and pat falloon were in the line up.

Ranfordrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 12:19 AM
mpah

quinn is PISSED

mpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 12:19 AM
RKD

Wow. Never heard Quinn this fired up before.

12-16-2009, 12:20 AM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:
Did I ever suggest that Quinn use of the bench has been bad in every game?
no but Penner was going good tonight and Quinn was trying to capitalize on that....it worked in St. Loo and he was hoping it would work again...

again, if Penner doesn't whiff, Quinn looks like a genius

Old
12-16-2009, 12:20 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Yeah, but it's just an odd relationship between fan and team. It's funny how fast one forgets about winning the last five games.

Maybe it's just me.

(I'm just commenting on my own feelings, no one else's...just in case it sounds like I'm lambasting any other fans)
No, I get what you're saying, definitely. Outside of the very early 90's I haven't been able to sit back and wave aside losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2
Bingo. The response I was looking for. It's about simplicity but Grebs = Stats *****...or looks like it based on his play. Kind of like early season Gilbert before the Souray pairing.
I give Gilbert credit for saying that he has to shore things up defensively. I haven't heard anything of the sort from Grebs; he just wants to play "his game."