HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Graf G3 2007 v 2009 model

Old
12-13-2009, 06:00 PM
doozy8

vCash: 500
Graf G3 2007 v 2009 model

First off, hello everyone! I am new to the boards and have a question about the Graf G3 2007 model vs the 2009 model. Is there much if any of a difference? I've never skated Grafs but looking into getting a pair. I have an opportunity to slip into a brand new unused G3 from 2007 for a great price. I am a recreational mens league player, that plays several times a week. Wondering if anyone with insight to the changes over the years from 2007 could fill me in on what I would be missing and how much of a difference it would make.
Thanks all

doozy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:11 AM
deanosaur

All I have to say is, I love Graf skatess

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:32 AM
WDR357

From my knowledge of Graf Skates, the fit will not be any different. I just bought a pair of Graf 705's and couldn't be happier. But I did my homework. Check out the Graf website http://www.grafcanada.com. It has a great sizing chart for each type of Graf skate. Depending on your foot type, in my case, narrow heel, medium to high arch, the 705 works great for me, but the G3 may or may not be the right skate for you. Each model has a different mold.

I know you said it is offered at a great price but if they're not the right skates for you, then why bother??

By the way, the Graf Canada site has a list of authorized dealers on it. You could always go to a dealer and try on models other than the G3 and see if they fit better. Anything to save buying skates that aren't right for you.

WDR357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 02:43 AM
ju87

Been looking for at Graf skates for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a pair during the summer.

So far as I can tell, the only changes in Grafs in recent years is in the material used in the liner (clarino (?) vs the current synthetic material) and the bottom of the skate (white plastic vs clear plastic).

ju87 is offline   Reply With Quote