HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another tough loss...2-1 Devils

Old
12-16-2009, 09:27 PM
bhuya71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
I'm not sure why you said he's in the decline for 3 straight years? 06-07 and 07-08 were pretty good seasons for him.

All I'm saying is give the guy a freaking chance. Take Pleak as an example. People are so so impatient. It just baffles me. Gomez's overall performance disappoints me as well. But I'm willing to give him a break.
I am still giving him a chance I am just saying points wise he has been in decline given 70 --> 58 --> 0.5 ppg so far

Trust me I have defended gomer enough and if you read my post earlier I am obviously saying we haven't surrounded him with the type of talent needed to maximize his skills which are goal scorers who are willing to battle and can use gomez's speed to their advantage. I am not impatient I am simply pointing out an obvious decline in points over the dating back to his 70 point season two and a half seasons ago.

Yes true fans do stand up for their players but they can also constructively point out the obvious

I never gave up on him I simply stated I wanted to agree but he's been in decline (points wise) over the last two and a half years...there is nothing wrong with my statement and there is an obvious dose of reality...we are paying him 7.37 mil to produce

obviously we need to surround him with that kind of talent but plain and simple I can judge a player when we are almost half way into a season without warranting an overreaction. I know gomez will turn it around once markov and gio are back but i can still be annoyed can't i?

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
To anyone saying this was Price's fault, please remember Price can't score goals.
Momentum is a beeyotch.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

I only watched the last few minutes of the game but judging by the replies in this thread I didn't miss much.....Sounds like a typical Habs/Devils game which I had no interest in watching..I saw the highlights though on Price's blunder on the 1st Devils goal..How were the Habs penalties tonight? Did the Habs get more than 1 PP?

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm only going to say this once. I don't want to see anymore negative comments directed towards your fellow posters.

If it continues I'm going to start handing out vacations from the Habs board. I'm not in the mood to put up with crap tonight.

12-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
November save % - .922
December save % - .925

Yeah he ****ing sucks for sure!
Huet 2005-2006: .929 save %
Huet 2006-2007: .916 save %
Huet 2007-2008: .916 save %

Huet Playoffs: 2005-2006: .929 save %

We let him go because he always gave up 1 bad goal a game just like Price ..that goal use to ruin us and make us lose critical games. Also Price's save % in playoffs is .901 and .878 ... nothing to write home about.

Take off ur biased sunglasses and see him for what he is. A goalie who can make a sick save here and there but that must give up 2-3 bad goals every 3 games. If he has earned the #1 spot ..great , give it to him and let him run with it but he hasn't and we shouldn't hand it to him.

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule4eva3089 View Post
Yup Every team they play on is ahead of this AHL team...well actually i think this an ECHL team maybe even A minor pro LOLLLLLLLLLLL HECK we can gather a bunch of kids at an outdoor rink vs the likes of these guys!!! LOLLLLLLLLL
Actually the Rangers and the Ducks are below us.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
he had like 3 good seasons, thats if u count 70 points as a good season
you consider 58 points a good year for your 7 million dollar first line center? That must be why the Rangers were so keen on keeping him.

now he is following it up to be on pace for a season under 50 points.

So its getting worse for Gomez. His play has regressed from last year and that should be worrisome.

Also, with Gomez leading the charge, Montreal's offense stinks this year, NYR's stunk last year, and NYR's stunk 2 years ago and his teams offense stunk the last year in NJ.

Is it all Gomez's fault, no but he is supposed to be one of your main offensive catalyst and he hasn't really come through for a few years now.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Mister Potato

This game is played. Let's move on and talk about the game we have tomorrow against Minny and Mcdonald's spokeperson.

Mister Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:32 PM
habsrule4eva3089

Check This Pic Out!!! HALL GIVE HIM NUMBER 4 SO HE CAN RIP IT UP LIKE BELIVEAU!!!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp FDSFSD.bmp‎ (440.2 KB, 25 views)

habsrule4eva3089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Adam91

When's the last time the Habs won on a Wednesday?!?!?

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Is it all Gomez's fault, no but he is supposed to be one of your main offensive catalyst and he hasn't really come through for a few years now.
You have to wonder if the juggernaut contract he has is the reason he is no longer playing very good... He still makes big big bucks for the next 4 years, he has nothing left to prove.

Strip him of that contract, I bet her performs again.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Most boring game I've ever been to...

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NHLcrazy

Come one who didn't see that coming, we're lucky we actually had 1 PP and only 5 PK tonight.

Let's move on...

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:35 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Don't know. Most of Montreal games bore me to death this season.
Maybe I'm just hard to please.

Habs games synopsis:
1.Habs spend 1 minute in their zone...when they finally get out of the zone they dump the puck for a line change.

2.Habs spend 1 minute in their zone and take a penalty.

3.Repeat 1 and 2.

Same thing pretty much every game..win or loss.

Montreal is the only team to play defensive zone trap. What a great system.
This is agree with.

Today I was talking with my friends and we were talking about L.A. Kings games and how exciting they were. I thought about it for a moment and said aloud; if I wasn't a die-hard Habs fans, I would never bother to watch most of their games, especially on the road. Have we played a really good road game this year? We have, after all, gone 4-9-2 on the road after those 1st two road wins of the year.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:35 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
id rather have carle than bergeron at this point. bergeron may score goals here and there but he costs us 1-2 goals per game.
worst player on the ice

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
You have to wonder if the juggernaut contract he has is the reason he is no longer playing very good... He still makes big big bucks for the next 4 years, he has nothing left to prove.

Strip him of that contract, I bet her performs again.
i am not sure if its the contract or if he simply was more of a product of the the NJ system.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:39 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
Huet 2005-2006: .929 save %
Huet 2006-2007: .916 save %
Huet 2007-2008: .916 save %

Huet Playoffs: 2005-2006: .929 save %

We let him go because he always gave up 1 bad goal a game just like Price ..that goal use to ruin us and make us lose critical games. Also Price's save % in playoffs is .901 and .878 ... nothing to write home about.

Take off ur biased sunglasses and see him for what he is. A goalie who can make a sick save here and there but that must give up 2-3 bad goals every 3 games. If he has earned the #1 spot ..great , give it to him and let him run with it but he hasn't and we shouldn't hand it to him.
We let him go because he was over 30 and he wasn't in the team's plans since he was a UFA.

Fleury at Price's age was letting in bad goals all the time, and he still does but he has a team in front of him that can bail him out, something that Price doesn't have. Its too bad the team can't give him a couple 2 or even 3 goal leads to work with instead of taking 5 penalties every time they do get a lead for him.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:39 PM
HomaridII

I can't wait for Gionta to come back, without him, this team has no second line. Can't win games with one scoring line. the Moen - Pacioretty line does its job, meaning forecheck, keep the puck deep, don't turn the puck over, be responsible defensive, but they can't be our second scoring line. The Habs need one more winger besides Gionta to show up consistently, maybe Pouliot, maybe S.K (yes he has played well, but production is low).

I can't wait for Markov to come back so he can solidify our defense. On the 2 on 1 goal, basically Spacek came over to cover for MAB who was covering nobody and Plekanec turned his back on Elias. None of which would have happened if Markov was playing with Spacek, since he wouldn't have had to come over to cover for anybody.

I actually miss Mara, he could eat 15 or so minutes a game and not get out of position like MAB does a lot and Gorges does a little.

Yes I am frustrated, yes I am not happy Price has let in two dumb goals in bad times during games (the glove goals), but considering we are missing our No.1 D-Man, our no.2 winger and that clearly people like Spacek and Hamrlik are nursing injuries, we aren't doing that badly. One goal games vs some of the best teams in the league with so many injuries is nothing to feel bad about. What was Pittsburgh's record without Gonchar last year despite having 2 of the best 3 players in the world?

So yeah, thats my rant for the day.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:40 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
Most boring game I've ever been to...
Sorry you had to pay for this.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:41 PM
R4lph B4ckstrom

Quote:
To anyone saying this was Price's fault, please remember Price can't score goals.
Actually, he did score a goal tonight...

R4lph B4ckstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:41 PM
habsrule4eva3089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
Actually the Rangers and the Ducks are below us.
ducks are winning and they will tonight and will be ahead and new york has many games in hand!!! dont wry young one my laughing at you will continue for a long time!!! GO REST OF NHLLLLLLLLLL LETS GET TAYLORRR

habsrule4eva3089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
We let him go because he was over 30 and he wasn't in the team's plans since he was a UFA.

Fleury at Price's age was letting in bad goals all the time, and he still does but he has a team in front of him that can bail him out, something that Price doesn't have. Its too bad the team can't give him a couple 2 or even 3 goal leads to work with instead of taking 5 penalties every time they do get a lead for him.
Ok so don't trade him..make him play 41 games or make him a backup until he's fully ready like Fleury is ..

why do u have to shove him down our throats every effin game.

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Hey, I'm a huge Price fan and his brain fart made it hard to win the game. Goals like that cut a teams' legs from under them.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Rgolt

weak goals

Price has let in way to many weak goals such as this one.....

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:44 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Momentum is a beeyotch.
I don't really remember any momentum in this entire game. They scored with less than 3 minutes left? I think the Habs had more than enough time to recover from that goal. If anything the Hamrlik injury is what took the sails out of the game for the Habs. They played the 3rd period like they didn't want to lose the 1 point, not like a team that wanted to win the two.

When you get beat like our defense got beat on that 2nd goal, we don't deserve any points. That was terrible, and that was also a nice goal by Elias.

Price let in a stinker, no doubt. He also needs to take off that Grim Reaper mask, since he's put it back on he's won one game against a very shaky Flyers team.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote