HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another tough loss...2-1 Devils

Old
12-16-2009, 09:44 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
Only with Habs fans would you throw your 22 year old goalie under the bus for giving a soft goal
it is not his fault the team can only score one ****ing goal a game

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
Ok so don't trade him..make him play 41 games or make him a backup until he's fully ready like Fleury is ..

why do u have to shove him down our throats every effin game.
Fleury didn't get to be what he is by being a backup. Price is playing most of the games because he's giving the team the best opportunity to win games.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Santino

thanx for the late breakign news

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:47 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Only with Habs fans would you throw your 22 year old goalie under the bus for giving a soft goal
it is not his fault the team can only score one ****ing goal a game
nah, most times they at least score two

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:48 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
you consider 58 points a good year for your 7 million dollar first line center? That must be why the Rangers were so keen on keeping him.

now he is following it up to be on pace for a season under 50 points.

So its getting worse for Gomez. His play has regressed from last year and that should be worrisome.

Also, with Gomez leading the charge, Montreal's offense stinks this year, NYR's stunk last year, and NYR's stunk 2 years ago and his teams offense stunk the last year in NJ.

Is it all Gomez's fault, no but he is supposed to be one of your main offensive catalyst and he hasn't really come through for a few years now.

i was agreeing with u...lol Hes really had 1 good season yet ppl still hold on to that season and disregard all the other crappy ones hes had

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:49 PM
CarrePrisme

Habs losing against NJ should be taken for granted before the game even starts.

I'm not surprised at all.

And I hate NJ so much, more than any other team, that I don't even watch games vs them anymore.

I would genuily love to see them tank, just for one year.

CarrePrisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:51 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
Price has let in way to many weak goals such as this one.....

those type of goals dont scare me one bit because they are easily fixable. Those type of situations rarely happen in a game anyways and he will be able fix it. Id be more concerned if pucks would start going through his body

Old
12-16-2009, 09:53 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
Ok so don't trade him..make him play 41 games or make him a backup until he's fully ready like Fleury is ..

why do u have to shove him down our throats every effin game.
Now I am a pro-price and I do believe he has let in two brutal goals actually to be seen as fair lets make it three (pascal dupuis slapper off the glove)...you know what price is doing different this year though?

Huge, HUge, HUGe, HUGE saves which exude confidence and focus

how many games has he stole for us this year? TOR, BUF, BOS, CAR, WSH, not to mention being extremely solid in many games and coming up with key saves that would've been easy goals...

yes he gives up a soft goal lately but he comes back hungry and competes something that DEF didn't happen last year

not to mention the nashville game and and stealing points in other games like ATL (big save open cage, and two on 1 save) and detroit shootout and other games

if we gave him more than 1 - 2 goals to work with all the time THEN MAYBE we could win more...we have scored 4+ goals 7 times what makes it more alarming was 4 times was against leafs x 2, islanders and rags...those aren't exactly amazing teams

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:54 PM
holyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Hey, I'm a huge Price fan and his brain fart made it hard to win the game. Goals like that cut a teams' legs from under them.
im a fan of price too..obviously a terrible goal but what legs? they never carried the play or had sustained pressure in the offensive zone at any point in the game. i can agree it was a deflating goal but there was nothing to "deflate." did they play worse after that goal? no. did jersey play better? no.

the 3rd period was like a little scrimmage with nothing going on and the gwg was a result of a breakdown.

people tend to either get too high on price or too low like tonight. this will not be the last bad goal he gives up. he isnt a miller, luongo or brodeur right now. he might not be next year either. its still a learning process and i think many of us can agree he has been better than last year. so unlike most of our prospect we are seeing improvement with him.

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:54 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
Now I am a pro-price and I do believe he has let in two brutal goals actually to be seen as fair lets make it three (pascal dupuis slapper off the glove)...you know what price is doing different this year though?

Huge, HUge, HUGe, HUGE saves which exude confidence and focus

how many games has he stole for us this year? TOR, BUF, BOS, CAR, WSH, not to mention being extremely solid in many games and coming up with key saves that would've been easy goals...

yes he gives up a soft goal lately but he comes back hungry and competes something that DEF didn't happen last year

not to mention the nashville game and and stealing points in other games like ATL (big save open cage, and two on 1 save) and detroit shootout and other games

if we gave him more than 1 - 2 goals to work with all the time THEN MAYBE we could win more...we have scored 4+ goals 7 times what makes it more alarming was 4 times was against leafs x 2, islanders and rags...those aren't exactly amazing teams

im more concerned about these stats

Atl: 19 shots
Buf: 24 shots
NJ: 18 shots

Old
12-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Also, with Gomez leading the charge, Montreal's offense stinks this year, NYR's stunk last year, and NYR's stunk 2 years ago and his teams offense stunk the last year in NJ.

Is it all Gomez's fault, no but he is supposed to be one of your main offensive catalyst and he hasn't really come through for a few years now.
His last year with the Devils, 60 points in 72 games. First year with Rangers, 70 points in 81 games. Those are good seasons by his standard. Please forget about 1 PPG and forget about his salary.

No, he won't single-handedly turn an offensively lacking team into a scoring machine. Few players do. Look at Iginla in Calgary. Nor is a single player's fault that there is no secondary scoring. Earlier in the season, Gionta+Gomez+Cammy line did most of the scoring and we were complaining about the lack of secondary scoring too, especially from the Plek's line, remember?

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:58 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
His last year with the Devils, 60 points in 72 games. First year with Rangers, 70 points in 81 games. Those are good seasons by his standard. Please forget about 1 PPG and forget about his salary.

No, he won't single-handedly turn an offensively lacking team into a scoring machine. Few players do. Look at Iginla in Calgary. Nor is a single player's fault that there is no secondary scoring. Earlier in the season, Gionta+Gomez+Cammy line did most of the scoring and we were complaining about the lack of secondary scoring too, especially from the Plek's line, remember?
the question is why did we get a 70 point player to be our 1st line center? 15 yrs we had that same problemwith koivu. u might as well get a guy like antropov at 4M and put that 3M somewhere else

Old
12-16-2009, 09:59 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
im a fan of price too..obviously a terrible goal but what legs? they never carried the play or had sustained pressure in the offensive zone at any point in the game. i can agree it was a deflating goal but there was nothing to "deflate." did they play worse after that goal? no. did jersey play better? no.

the 3rd period was like a little scrimmage with nothing going on and the gwg was a result of a breakdown.
Thank you!! This is a better observation of reality. Price didn't play poorly, this team is offensively challenged, especially on the road, just too small up front, and our best faceoff guy can't win draws when his stick has to be first to the ice. We're constantly running after the puck.

I asked b4 if we had played a good road game this year, thankfully I can think of one (Washington), but that's but one, the rest of them we were pretty much out played, including Phoenix in winning 4-2.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 09:59 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
im more concerned about these stats

Atl: 19 shots
Buf: 24 shots
NJ: 18 shots
or worse this

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...ewName=summary

29th in the league in shots on goal

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...ewName=summary

24th on shots allowed...i defended alf but man he's gotta make me believe a little more...i am not that much of a hockey strategist...never played always watched so I AM NOT sure exactly what type of system he is implementing but i will say this i am scared...very scared (wait thats my exam thats scaring me tomrrowm morning...)

Old
12-16-2009, 10:02 PM
habsfans333*

The Price haters should ****.

Even if he let a softy. ,926 save% today. More than enough. When your goalie make ,926 save%, you should win games, bottom line.

habsfans333* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
the question is why did we get a 70 point player to be our 1st line center? 15 yrs we had that same problemwith koivu. u might as well get a guy like antropov at 4M and put that 3M somewhere else
No, we didn't and will probably never get enough for the money with him.

Why we got him? Probably because there was no other better option at that time? Now maybe Koivu could have done a better job this season but Bob probably was also looking beyond this season and he probably wanted to build a solid defensive team.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:04 PM
bhuya71

Quote:

YOU HIT IT ON THE NAIL!!! I was going to bring this point up but this kinda further reinforces my point

that line was creating havoc but the only thing it wasn't doing was scoring (extremely snakebitten at the time) but this further proves gomez needs certain wingers who can put the puck in the net or he won't produce himself...its kinda obvious but he has speed and puckhandling in LARGE amounts but he needs complimentary wingers to fit his game. gomez will not dig pucks out of a corner or the boards and make an awesome pass but he will get the zone and look for trailers and make a very solid pass to a player in the slot back at the point or crashing the net...at least that is what i hhave observed

you can't make a square peg fit in a round whole...take lil kost off his line and put back cammy and gio and give kosts with pleks and i think we will see a lot better use of gomez's true skill

Old
12-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:

like i already stated twice i think now, last year he sucked, this year he sucks. Its slowly becoming a downward spiral or trend. What he did 3, 4, 5, 6 years ago means little now.

I don't think its a coincidence that offenses struggle where he is a focal point. Blame Gainey on that one though. And again, you can forget about his salary, it plays a factor.

And Pleks has been leading the team FROM DAY ONE. How can you even state that unless you are blindly defending Gomez at this point.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
like i already stated twice i think now, last year he sucked, this year he sucks. Its slowly becoming a downward spiral or trend. What he did 3, 4, 5, 6 years ago means little now.

I don't think its a coincidence that offenses struggle where he is a focal point. Blame Gainey on that one though. And again, you can forget about his salary, it plays a factor.

And Pleks has been leading the team FROM DAY ONE. How can you even state that unless you are blindly defending Gomez at this point.
Gomez has been playing well though. He isn't putting up the numbers because he doesn't have support, but once he has nhl caliber linemates he'll be producing.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Really ashamed to have lost that game. The crowd was so ******, I was in a section with 10 other people, I counted. Everyone seemed more interested in chanting about how much the Rangers such than watching the actual game. It was cool to see about 250 Habs fans there, hopefully there's a ton more next month on the 22nd when the game is on a Friday.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
YOU HIT IT ON THE NAIL!!! I was going to bring this point up but this kinda further reinforces my point

that line was creating havoc but the only thing it wasn't doing was scoring (extremely snakebitten at the time) but this further proves gomez needs certain wingers who can put the puck in the net or he won't produce himself...its kinda obvious but he has speed and puckhandling in LARGE amounts but he needs complimentary wingers to fit his game. gomez will not dig pucks out of a corner or the boards and make an awesome pass but he will get the zone and look for trailers and make a very solid pass to a player in the slot back at the point or crashing the net...at least that is what i hhave observed

you can't make a square peg fit in a round whole...take lil kost off his line and put back cammy and gio and give kosts with pleks and i think we will see a lot better use of gomez's true skill
I actually agree with your use aspect regarding Gomez but that I think begs the question why this team went in that direction then especially at the cost.

We had the situation for years with Kovalev and having to somehow cater to his needs to almost the destruction of other lines.

Its really difficult to build teams around players likes this. The only way you get the best of them is if you find their perfect supporting cast.

Old
12-16-2009, 10:11 PM
CarrePrisme

Quote:

You seem very relaxed at the moment. Your statements are very nuanced about Gomez.

I think you should post more

OMG! GOMEZ SUX! HE SUX! YOU HEAR ME! HANG HIM! AAAAAARGH!

CarrePrisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Gomez has been playing well though. He isn't putting up the numbers because he doesn't have support, but once he has nhl caliber linemates he'll be producing.
the linemate excuse is getting old. the production wasn't there with Gionta and Cammalleri.

it sure isn't helping now either but you can't disregard he was .5 PPG player with those two as well.

playing well or not really hurting team without actual production has to change at some point.

Old
12-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Anyone else getting bat**** drunk tonight?

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Anyone else getting bat**** drunk tonight?
If only I didn't have school tomorrow...Seriously considering buying tickets for Saturday now and taking the hour and a half drive to Long Island to see the Islanders game to give the Habs a second chance to not disappoint me.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote