HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The one thing that bothers me is the Habs seem so easy to play against

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-21-2010, 12:58 PM
  #201
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai Akatsume Ryu View Post
I wonder why the mods still accept his posts... he's not discussing, he's doing lectures and repeats the same thing over and over until its down your throat... or that he ignored you. Discussion? More like monologue with denial of contradictions
because jaybee is the type of poster that will go whine to mods and use the free speech card if sh** doesnt go his way. Hes nothing special, just another hater who seeks attention

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 01:12 PM
  #202
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Ignore list




Please.

Less clutter when I sign on.

He's been like this since halak was traded.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 01:14 PM
  #203
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I watched those games (like most Habs games this season) and you're exagerating a whole lot. And the nights they played bad, you could often see that it was a problem of chemistry. Unlike some people, there are precise, fact-based reasons why I make some statements, like I did back in January and February and March, seeing how the Habs were a work in progress, never actually had a full lineup, seeing them get better and gel very well on some nights, I could see it coming and said how they would surprise a lot of people and it's not like I say that every year.

The team with Markov was a lot stronger, still, think about it for a second, Markov hadn't played in 3 months, and was getting used to new teamates who were barely used to themselves without him, and now everyone on the top line had to adapt again, on top of the ongoing process of finding chemistry and learning Martin's system.

Quite frankly, passing all those hurdles impressed me quite enough to give them one more season without having to make major changes, which will come anyway after this season. That's being a realist.
I didn't see it that way at all. It be interesting to know how many games we outshot/outchanced, time of possession ect our opponents. I think the stats would tell a different story. WE relied heavily on fantastic goaltending from both Price and Halak. In the playoffs, not much changed, we were outplayed nearly every night and if it wasn't for spectacular goaltending we very easily could of been first round losers.

The team gave it their all for sure, but they were out of it by the time ECF came around. We obviously have different expectations or aren't seeing the same things at all when we watched the games. Get outplayed the majority of the time and more often than not you'll lose.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 01:22 PM
  #204
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai Akatsume Ryu View Post
I wonder why the mods still accept his posts... he's not discussing, he's doing lectures and repeats the same thing over and over until its down your throat... or that he ignored you. Discussion? More like monologue with denial of contradictions
Right...when I get replies like:

Go cheer for another team
You're a whiner
You're a retard
You have a low hockey IQ
You're off your meds


Clearly these individuals do not want to discuss anything. I have posters falling me from thread to thread...they will get ignored. And they have. There are a number of posters who have disagreed with me but KNOW HOW TO HAVE A CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION. I have commended those posters in the past and have no issues with people disagreeing with me.

I'm repeating the same things but so is everyone else. But you take issue with me because you disagree with my opinion.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 01:29 PM
  #205
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Right...when I get replies like:

Go cheer for another team
You're a whiner
You're a retard
You have a low hockey IQ
You're off your meds


Clearly these individuals do not want to discuss anything. I have posters falling me from thread to thread...they will get ignored. And they have. There are a number of posters who have disagreed with me but KNOW HOW TO HAVE A CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION. I have commended those posters in the past and have no issues with people disagreeing with me.

I'm repeating the same things but so is everyone else. But you take issue with me because you disagree with my opinion.
since im on "ignore"

people need to remeber, that HE bumbed his own old thread from last year, with a reply of 1 word : "Loll" which then got deleted / delted himself. and he wants a discussion. yea ****ing right, he wants attention, so attention we shall give (until mods realize what waste of a thread this is )

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 01:32 PM
  #206
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Right...when I get replies like:

Go cheer for another team
You're a whiner
You're a retard
You have a low hockey IQ
You're off your meds
You generally get these after you respond to people's responses with ridiculous things.
Quote:
I'm repeating the same things but so is everyone else. But you take issue with me because you disagree with my opinion.
Everyone else is repeating themselves because you never answered the original counter arguments. You are the one that started this whole fight, so your argument came first, we'll call this argument; argument A.

People respond to argument A with argument B, you then respond to be with A again and that's why people are repeating themselves.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 01:33 PM
  #207
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
You generally get these after you respond to people's responses with ridiculous things.


Everyone else is repeating themselves because you never answered the original counter arguments. You are the one that started this whole fight, so your argument came first, we'll this argument; argument A.

People respond to argument A with argument B, you then respond to be with A again and that's why people are repeating themselves.
you sir, are on his ignore list!

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 01:35 PM
  #208
Kensai Akatsume Ryu
Registered User
 
Kensai Akatsume Ryu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alma,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kensai Akatsume Ryu
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Right...when I get replies like:

Go cheer for another team
You're a whiner
You're a retard
You have a low hockey IQ
You're off your meds


Clearly these individuals do not want to discuss anything. I have posters falling me from thread to thread...they will get ignored. And they have. There are a number of posters who have disagreed with me but KNOW HOW TO HAVE A CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION. I have commended those posters in the past and have no issues with people disagreeing with me.

I'm repeating the same things but so is everyone else. But you take issue with me because you disagree with my opinion.
You claim out loud people are stabbing at you and are subjective. Yet, you neglect replies that are not easy to respond to. I have written objective replies to your argumentation and they are yet unanswered. I have a issue because I disagree? No. I have a issue with you because you make lectures on principles you do not apply to yourself... Get some credibility. It's your behavior I have issue with. You are the cause of your own misery and stigmatisation.

Kensai Akatsume Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 01:52 PM
  #209
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai Akatsume Ryu View Post
You claim out loud people are stabbing at you and are subjective. Yet, you neglect replies that are not easy to respond to. I have written objective replies to your argumentation and they are yet unanswered. I have a issue because I disagree? No. I have a issue with you because you make lectures on principles you do not apply to yourself... Get some credibility. It's your behavior I have issue with. You are the cause of your own misery and stigmatisation.
Exactly.

Kriss E wrote a great post to counter his arguments and all I see in response is that you're on my ignore list.

Let's just hope that he puts everyone on his ignore list so he can argue with himself and we are spared from this.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 02:04 PM
  #210
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Well, I think the "we're too easy to play against" sentence is overblown. After all, we got into the playoffs with PLENTY of injuries even though we were supposedly "so easy to play against". So to say we're in deep crap because we're too easy to play against is overblown, even though Gauthier hasn't improved our forward corps as much as I'd have wanted. Every single teams has their question marks. The Habs are likely going to be fighting for a spot between #5/6 and #10/11. Of course, there are always plenty of surprises. If Price overperforms and pulls a Halak, we might contend and even surprise some people and win our division.

That being said, when I read projections and analysis of our playoffs performance, I wish people would give more credit to Halak. Reading some people here, Halak was a normal part of our success. In fact, Halak was instrumental to our success. While people on this boards who are NOT Habs fans overrate his impact (calling the Habs a terrible team with an outstanding goalie), some Habs fans are kidding themselves if they actually think "Well, Halak wouldn't have made all those saves if Cammalleri hadn't scored 13 goals...". Halak was our MVP in last year's playoffs, and if we want to even have a remote chance of going back to the final-four, we need Price to be just as good as Halak was, which is far from being a certitude. And if we want to make it to the playoffs, in what looks to be a tight Eastern Conference, we'll need Price to play better than he did last season. He was just ok, but we need more than just "OK" goaltending... Like every single team in that #5-#11 pack.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 02:09 PM
  #211
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Well, I think the "we're too easy to play against" sentence is overblown. After all, we got into the playoffs with PLENTY of injuries even though we were supposedly "so easy to play against". So to say we're in deep crap because we're too easy to play against is overblown, even though Gauthier hasn't improved our forward corps as much as I'd have wanted. Every single teams has their question marks. The Habs are likely going to be fighting for a spot between #5/6 and #10/11. Of course, there are always plenty of surprises. If Price overperforms and pulls a Halak, we might contend and even surprise some people and win our division.

That being said, when I read projections and analysis of our playoffs performance, I wish people would give more credit to Halak. Reading some people here, Halak was a normal part of our success. In fact, Halak was instrumental to our success. While people on this boards who are NOT Habs fans overrate his impact (calling the Habs a terrible team with an outstanding goalie), some Habs fans are kidding themselves if they actually think "Well, Halak wouldn't have made all those saves if Cammalleri hadn't scored 13 goals...". Halak was our MVP in last year's playoffs, and if we want to even have a remote chance of going back to the final-four, we need Price to be just as good as Halak was, which is far from being a certitude. And if we want to make it to the playoffs, in what looks to be a tight Eastern Conference, we'll need Price to play better than he did last season. He was just ok, but we need more than just "OK" goaltending... Like every single team in that #5-#11 pack.
I liked the first part of your post. With the second one you are pretty much going to start a Halak-Price debate once again which is completely useless.

I get it Halak played huge and was a big part of our success, I don't think anyone will say he wasn't the MVP of the playoffs as it has been said many times before by many posterd, but if you are going to say that without him we weren't going to make it to the final four, while true can be used for in other places as well, like Cammalleri not scoring 12 goals in the first 14 games of the playoffs.

Halak was instrumental to our success of course, but we needed him to be, as well as everyone else in our lineup.


No one is talking about Halak in the current debate because it's not about Halak.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 02:12 PM
  #212
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai Akatsume Ryu View Post
You claim out loud people are stabbing at you and are subjective. Yet, you neglect replies that are not easy to respond to. I have written objective replies to your argumentation and they are yet unanswered. I have a issue because I disagree? No. I have a issue with you because you make lectures on principles you do not apply to yourself... Get some credibility. It's your behavior I have issue with. You are the cause of your own misery and stigmatisation.
Dude I've had just about the whole board attack me, my apologies for not answering every single post directed at me.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 02:15 PM
  #213
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I liked the first part of your post. With the second one you are pretty much going to start a Halak-Price debate once again which is completely useless.

I get it Halak played huge and was a big part of our success, I don't think anyone will say he wasn't the MVP of the playoffs as it has been said many times before by many posterd, but if you are going to say that without him we weren't going to make it to the final four, while true can be used for in other places as well, like Cammalleri not scoring 12 goals in the first 14 games of the playoffs.

Halak was instrumental to our success of course, but we needed him to be, as well as everyone else in our lineup.


No one is talking about Halak in the current debate because it's not about Halak.
The current thread speaks about whether or not we're too easy to play against. Well, I'm looking at the whole picture, and it all comes down to one thing: the goaltender. We have the same core as last year + Subban, and maybe + some health for once. If Price performs like he did in 2008, we'll be good. If he performs like he did last season, we'll struggle to make the playoffs. If he performs like he did in the second part of 2008-2009, we'll have a top-10 pick. It all comes down to this, not to the lack of size or the lack of agressivity like JayBee and MathMan might suggest.

This is in no way a Price vs Halak post. But if we want to look at the lineup last year vs. the lineup this year, the main change is in the crease. And this is what will determine whether we make the playoffs or not.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 02:24 PM
  #214
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
The current thread speaks about whether or not we're too easy to play against. Well, I'm looking at the whole picture, and it all comes down to one thing: the goaltender. We have the same core as last year + Subban, and maybe + some health for once. If Price performs like he did in 2008, we'll be good. If he performs like he did last season, we'll struggle to make the playoffs. If he performs like he did in the second part of 2008-2009, we'll have a top-10 pick. It all comes down to this, not to the lack of size or the lack of agressivity like JayBee and MathMan might suggest.

This is in no way a Price vs Halak post. But if we want to look at the lineup last year vs. the lineup this year, the main change is in the crease. And this is what will determine whether we make the playoffs or not.
Well of course, but I think that by improving your depth, you won't need to rely on your goaltender as much.

Subban makes our D that much better. He provides better puck movement which will help the offense and is better defensively than Bergeron and O'byrne. There is a clear improvement there.

Boyd is already better than Metropolit for the following reasons. First he brings the same production. Second he is a better faceoff man(assuming we use him as a center), third he has better potential, Metro at his age pretty much capped in terms of improve. Fourth Boyd is faster and thus fits better with the system Martin is trying to implement. He is also as good or better defensively.

Also, it appears that Lapierre and Pyatt found their game in the playoffs. Lapierre finally got accustomed to playing on the wing. Pyatt adjusted to the nhl level in his rookie year it appears.

Also, Eller provides us with the center depth we haven't had in the longest time, it's a move for right now and the future.

Will little moves like this means the less we'll need to rely on goaltending which is emphasized way too much in this city.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 03:06 PM
  #215
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
you're like those dolls with the string on their back who says the same 3 things over and over...(pull the chord)
...........
.......
....
..
.

'' 'you're hopeless''....''welcome to my ignore list''

LOL, as soon as I read it, I could hear it in my head, with a girly voice like we used to hear in ads on Saturday morning cartoons.


on another note... OH NOES!!!! The JayBee "IL" gauntlet has been thrown down. Oh how am I ever gonna live another day knowing JayBee won't be able to quickly paruse my posts and ignore all my arguments so he can then go on again with the same tirade!

I guess there's always alcohol

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 03:14 PM
  #216
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
The current thread speaks about whether or not we're too easy to play against. Well, I'm looking at the whole picture, and it all comes down to one thing: the goaltender. We have the same core as last year + Subban, and maybe + some health for once. If Price performs like he did in 2008, we'll be good. If he performs like he did last season, we'll struggle to make the playoffs. If he performs like he did in the second part of 2008-2009, we'll have a top-10 pick. It all comes down to this, not to the lack of size or the lack of agressivity like JayBee and MathMan might suggest.

This is in no way a Price vs Halak post. But if we want to look at the lineup last year vs. the lineup this year, the main change is in the crease. And this is what will determine whether we make the playoffs or not.
The main change is in the crease AND on the defense. Don't be mistaken about that, Subban will be an impact player. It's not putting pressure on him, I'm simply stating what my own eyes are telling me, and anyway, I think that among all the people in Montreal who want Subban to succeed, Subban is the one who wants Subban to succeed the most. He puts the bar higher by himself, that's why I don't see how he'll not have a huge impact on the team, just by doing what he normally does. Yes he will make mistakes, but dear lord, this kid is talented to the core and more than NHL ready, he's top 4 ready. This will change the make-up of the D and make it that much better, especially since he's a very quick righty.

Eller is no small bit to add either.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 03:17 PM
  #217
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Well of course, but I think that by improving your depth, you won't need to rely on your goaltender as much.

Subban makes our D that much better. He provides better puck movement which will help the offense and is better defensively than Bergeron and O'byrne. There is a clear improvement there.

Boyd is already better than Metropolit for the following reasons. First he brings the same production. Second he is a better faceoff man(assuming we use him as a center), third he has better potential, Metro at his age pretty much capped in terms of improve. Fourth Boyd is faster and thus fits better with the system Martin is trying to implement. He is also as good or better defensively.

Also, it appears that Lapierre and Pyatt found their game in the playoffs. Lapierre finally got accustomed to playing on the wing. Pyatt adjusted to the nhl level in his rookie year it appears.

Also, Eller provides us with the center depth we haven't had in the longest time, it's a move for right now and the future.

Will little moves like this means the less we'll need to rely on goaltending which is emphasized way too much in this city.
Eller isn't guaranteed to provide anything more than what we already had in Moore. I agree he has much higher upside, but were talking about next year, where Eller may not even make the team, unlikely probably, but to me anything from him I would consider a welcomed surprise. As far as Boyd goes, he isn't much of an immediate upgrade, if any at all. Younger yes, and has some upside, but upgrade as of now, not really.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 03:18 PM
  #218
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
LOL, as soon as I read it, I could hear it in my head, with a girly voice like we used to hear in ads on Saturday morning cartoons.


on another note... OH NOES!!!! The JayBee "IL" gauntlet has been thrown down. Oh how am I ever gonna live another day knowing JayBee won't be able to quickly paruse my posts and ignore all my arguments so he can then go on again with the same tirade!

I guess there's always alcohol
Jack can be a good friend yours.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 03:31 PM
  #219
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
As far as Boyd goes, he isn't much of an immediate upgrade, if any at all. Younger yes, and has some upside, but upgrade as of now, not really.
So you wouldn't say Boyd is an upgrade over Metropolit(who wasn't even playing 8 minutes a night near the end)? Considering that he's younger, quicker, a better face off man, bigger in height and just as good a scorer. Let's not forget that he's as good or better defensively than Metropolit. Also it's an upgrade in the fact that Metro will no longer need to play the powerplay. Lastly, Boyd has room to improve his game where Metropolit has capped his game out at that age.

The way I see it is like this. Teams take time to be built, look at Pens, Caps, Hawks, Flyers, Wings. Once teams identify a core it usually takes 3-5 years for them to be serious contenders, again look at the aforementioned teams.

Montreal changed it's core last year. Within that year it added cheap, young and talented depth that wasn't previously on the roster in Eller, Boyd, Pouliot and Pyatt. As nhl ready prospects we have White, Subban and possible Pacioretty. The team clearly has a vision it wants for its team and its not letting any get in the way of it. In my opinion they are heading in the right direction.

Quote:
Eller isn't guaranteed to provide anything more than what we already had in Moore. I agree he has much higher upside, but were talking about next year, where Eller may not even make the team, unlikely probably, but to me anything from him I would consider a welcomed surprise.
Eller is the biggest question mark I'll agree with you, but you need to bring rookies in eventually as provide them with a spot. By not signing Moore we provided Eller with that spot. There is no doubt in my mind that Eller is nhl ready and able to contribute. He provides with depth at center now and for the future. He brings size down the middle which we don't have.

Montreal is definately headed in the right direction with recent moves. Signing UFAs at this point is useless. Players need to make the jump, and the spots have been open for them, also we're not wasting cap space on role players, something which Gainey was guilty of.

With recent moves, you see a clear direction in the type of players this organization wants both in terms of on-ice play and mentality.

I don't think anyone expects to win a cup this year, but that doesn't mean you need to clean house and trade away all your players.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 04:30 PM
  #220
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I didn't see it that way at all. It be interesting to know how many games we outshot/outchanced, time of possession ect our opponents. I think the stats would tell a different story. WE relied heavily on fantastic goaltending from both Price and Halak. In the playoffs, not much changed, we were outplayed nearly every night and if it wasn't for spectacular goaltending we very easily could of been first round losers.
That's the usual excuse of bashers, because this way, with one swift shove of the hand, you can downgrade everything else. It is lazy and pedantic. Without Cammalleri's scoring, we wouldn't have won any of the friggin series. Goaltenders have no other choice than to make saves, so at the end of the day, they always end-up in the spotlight, yet it's becoming more and more apparent that goalies are the product of the systems they play in. Being shot at from the outside perimeter is not being outplayed. I took a look at the shot charts for all the games against Washington and more than half the shots were from the outside, a quarter more from inside the circles on the side. The number of blocked shots is striking as to what kind of system they were using, a system that has always made Habs goalie look good. Habs have been masters at blocking shots for along time now in the new NHL. You completely disregard the many times one of the Ds saved Halak's ass on rebounds. I remember it quite clearly. If it weren't for Gill, no 2nd round, no 3rd round. Same for Gorges. Same for a lot of players. It's a team sport.

Quote:
The team gave it their all for sure, but they were out of it by the time ECF came around.
For sure they were out of it. Defensemen who usually played less minutes had to play more minutes as Markov's 25-30 minutes needed to be filled. It's called the snowball effect. But not only that, he is central to defense, transition, offense, PP and PK against other team's best players. You can compensate his loss for some time, but it catches up to you. Pretty sure Philly would've struggled if Markov was there and Pronger wasn't, don't you agree?

Quote:
We obviously have different expectations
Please don't give me that crap, you were finally starting to at least tone down the exagerations and righteousness. My expectations are the same as the majority of Habs fans. The difference is, I'm realistic and understand what the Habs are doing. They aren't stupid, and the decisions they make aren't easy. This is not NHL 2010 on your PS3. Anyway, like I said many times before, time will prove me right, and no I didn't say that with Boucher.

Quote:
or aren't seeing the same things at all when we watched the games.
I saw strong defensive play. I saw great players not being able to be the game breakers they're supposed to be, like Semin, Malkin and Crosby, and Halak never did that all by himself. You're bias blinds you if you can't see this. This is what I foresaw in the season, and I was right.

Quote:
Get outplayed the majority of the time and more often than not you'll lose.
Total exageration. Easy and lazy way out of a discussion.

You sound just like the old boys club, rampant absolutisms based on opinion only.


Last edited by Ozymandias: 07-21-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 04:35 PM
  #221
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Dude I've had just about the whole board attack me, my apologies for not answering every single post directed at me.
Nobody attacked you at first.

Many people kindly responded to you and offered an all-you-can-eat buffet of arguments to counter your POV. You dissed almost everyone by continuing to repeat the same things, putting words into people's mouth, without even acknowledging and trying to counter their arguments with a strong counter argumentation of your own. I saw ONE poster subtely attack you, and he did it after you kept ignoring what he said.

I don't even know why you need to put people on your ignore list as you ignore all their arguments already. So what's the point.

The WHOLE board just attacked you... gimme a break

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 04:46 PM
  #222
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
That's the usual excuse of bashers, because this way, with one swift shove of the hand, you can downgrade everything else. It is lazy and pedantic. Without Cammalleri's scoring, we wouldn't have won any of the friggin series. Goaltenders have no other choice than to make saves, so at the end of the day, they always end-up in the spotlight, yet it's becoming more and more apparent that goalies are the product of the systems they play in. Being shot at from the outside perimeter is not being outplayed. I took a look at the shot charts for all the games against Washington and more than half the shots were from the outside, a quarter more from inside the circles on the side. The number of blocked shots is striking as to what kind of system they were using, a system that has always made Habs goalie look good. Habs have been masters at blocking shots for along time now in the new NHL. You completely disregard the many times one of the Ds saved Halak's ass on rebounds. I remember it quite clearly. If it weren't for Gill, no 2nd round, no 3rd round. Same for Gorges. Same for a lot of players. It's a team sport.



For sure they were out of it. Defensemen who usually played less minutes had to play more minutes as Markov's 25-30 minutes needed to be filled. It's called the snowball effect. But not only that, he is central to defense, transition, offense, PP and PK against other team's best players. You can compensate his loss for some time, but it catches up to you. Pretty sure Philly would've struggled if Markov was there and Pronger wasn't, don't you agree?



Please don't give me that crap, you were finally starting to at least tone down the exagerations and righteousness. My expectations are the same as the majority of Habs fans. The difference is, I'm realistic and understand what the Habs are doing. They aren't stupid, and the decisions they make aren't easy. This is not NHL 2010 on your PS3. Anyway, like I said many times before, time will prove me right, and no I didn't say that with Boucher.



I saw strong defensive play. I saw great players not being able to be the game breakers they're supposed to be, and Halak never did that all by himself. You're bias blinds you if you can't see this. This is what I foresaw in the season, and I was right.



Total exageration. Easy and lazy way out of a discussion.

You sound just like the old boys club, rampant absolutisms based on opinion only.
Halak was outstanding, that is all I was saying. Without him we don't get to the ECF, he was the biggest reason, not the only, but most important factor.

I didn't mean expectations in the sense I want to win more than you, but in the sense I don't expect as much from this group.

Obviously losing Markov hurts, but we had Subban who helped ease the pain more than usual. Yes losing Pronger would have hurt Philly.

We don't agree and likely never will. We were outplayed most games, this isn't opinion, this is a fact. Many games we were outshot by 10-15-20 and pinned in our zone for most of these games. These are facts. Shot charts don't tell the whole picture, watching the games tells you much more than looking at charts, they don't show any variables. IE screens, sticks in the way, ect ect ect and with that being said, I looked at the charts long ago and there were plenty from prime scoring areas in the Caps series.

The team played extremely well defensively, but they still relied heavily on strong goaltending, another fact, not opinion. I don't think management is stupid and never said they were. I wasn't a fan of Gainey. He wasn't terrible, but he wasn't great imo. I like what PG has been doing and hopefully he is able to bring the Habs a cup.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 05:07 PM
  #223
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Dude I've had just about the whole board attack me, my apologies for not answering every single post directed at me.
Maybe you should buy a clue and realize that if everyone says your wrong, then you're probably wrong and in this case, you're 100% wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Eller isn't guaranteed to provide anything more than what we already had in Moore. I agree he has much higher upside, but were talking about next year, where Eller may not even make the team, unlikely probably, but to me anything from him I would consider a welcomed surprise. As far as Boyd goes, he isn't much of an immediate upgrade, if any at all. Younger yes, and has some upside, but upgrade as of now, not really.
Eller is a toss up. No one knows what role he'll truly play for us next year. That being said, I don't think Lappy and Pyatt will both be used as #3/4 centers. So I think Eller has a fair shot at being the 3rd one, unless we sign/trade someone else.

Boyd is a small upgrade, I don't think it'll change much in terms of production, maybe just a bit.

But besides them, we will start the year with our top 6 already clear and obvious. Don't you think that there alone, we will have improved??..Last year, MAxPac started there, A.Ko was, lines were constantly changed in order to find a strong top6, nobody knew what to expect and some had difficulty adjusting to the system. About a month in, we lose our hottest forward in Gionta, for a month and a half. At that point, we didn't even have 6 players on our first two lines, we had five and in search of #6. That's why we traded for Pouliot, but he didn't play for us before end of December.
The only good thing is that the Gionta injury coincided with the awakening of A.Kost. Sadly, these guys swapped. When Gionta came back, we lost A.Kost about a week later, for two full months.
But then, Cammy got injured himself for close to 2months as well from Jan-Mar.

From Game 1 in October (without a top 6, MaxPac-Lats-D'Ago were not working out in that role) until March 24th, we did not have a top 6. This, while also trying to learn a new system.
To make matters worse, we lost our best Defenseman, our best puck mover that is crucial to a team focusing on counterattacking, for half the year.

So, like I said, just by already being able to define our top 6, we improved. Add the fact that we should start the year with Markov and Subban to help move the puck up, and we improve again by a bunch.

There's no reason to be pessimistic about our team this season.

You asked me once what would I say if we suffer big injuries again. Well, we would again be unlucky. Not one team or GM expect its team to be part of the most injured teams during the season. If this were to happen, then its best hope is to adapt as they go and hope they can limit the damage. This is exactly what we did last season. Made some changes, weathered the storm by playing around .500 and then improved their record.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 05:10 PM
  #224
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Halak was outstanding, that is all I was saying. Without him we don't get to the ECF, he was the biggest reason, not the only, but most important factor.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Without Plekanec this year, we go absolutely nowhere.
He was our best player during the regular season, especially if you look at the circumstances this guy played in.

Halak without Markov, has a .500 record.

Plekanec without any linemates, produced.

Remove Plekanec from our team and our production becomes more than laughable.
Remove Halak, and we probably still fight for a playoff spot as we did.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 05:15 PM
  #225
NSHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Ask Caps or Pens players if the Habs are easy to play against.
No they are not...when you try to go around them....ask Philly how hard the Habs are to play against when you decide to go thru them.Not very.
p.s.Ian Lapierre says hi to Ryan O'Byrne....lol.

NSHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.