HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Official Brandon Dubinsky, Michal Rozsival and Ryan Callohohan Appreciation Thread

View Poll Results: Who is better?
Dubinsky 69 93.24%
Gretzky 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-16-2009, 10:09 PM
impeach estaalo
fire mullo

vCash: 50
Official Brandon Dubinsky, Michal Rozsival and Ryan Callohohan Appreciation Thread

It seems that the proposals for our lazy, massively overpaid second line center Erik Stall who has done nothing since winning the Cup keep popping up everywhere. Garrioch and Eklund say Stall is on the block and we all know they are never wrong, so I figured we could start an official thread. Time to get this underachiever who only has 13 points in his last 9 games off the team.

Here is what I want for Stall:

ANA: Koivu, Selanne, Eminger
ATL: White, Hainsey, 2nd
BOS: Ryder, Sturm
BUF: Pominville, Paestch, 7th (Hurricanes would throw in 1st rounder to complete this deal)
CGY: Boyd, Langkow, 2nd
CHI: Campbell
COL: Preissing, Clark, 4th
CBJ: Torres, Commodore
DAL: Daley, Sutherby, 2nd
DET: Eaves
EDM: Cogliano, Gilbert, 3rd
FLA: Olesz, Stillman
LAK: Frolov, Stoll, 5th
MIN: Belanger, Latendresse, 2nd
MTL: Gomez, Halak, 2nd
NSH: Legwand, Tootoo
NJD: Rolston, Zubrus
NYI: Dipietro, Gervais, 3rd
NYR: Roszival, Dubinsky, 2nd
OTT: Cheechoo, Kuba, Kelly, conditional 7th
PHI: Hartnell, Emery
PHX: Vrbata, Aucoin, 4th
PIT: Kunitz
SJS: Huskins, Clowe, 2nd
STL: Johnson, Pietrangelo, Berglund, Oshie, Backes, Boyes, Polak, 1st, 2nd
TBL: Lecavalier
TOR: Blake, Stempniak, Finger
VAN: Bernier, Bieksa, 2nd
WSH: Theodore, Knuble, Poti

Last edited by impeach estaalo: 12-16-2009 at 11:50 PM.
impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
#bandwagonwildcup

vCash: 500
I will allow this thread to stay, and perhaps we can limit the insane trade proposals and the player/coach captions to this thread.

I guess what I am saying is that I give permission to go crazy in this thread (within the rules of the board of course).

12-16-2009, 10:28 PM
impeach estaalo
fire mullo

I AM THRILLED TO BE INDUCTED INTO THE HOCKEY FALL OF FAME ALONGSIDE SUCH LEGENDS AS MICHAL ROSZIVAL, TOM GILBERT, AND ERIK COLE. I OWE MY CAREER TO JIM RUTHERFORD, WHO BELIEVED IN ME WHEN HE ACQUIRED ME IN EXCHANGE FOR ERIC STALL. IT WAS A TOUGH TRADE FOR THE CAROLINA FANBASE TO TAKE, BUT I SOON WON THEM OVER WITH MY GRITTY TWO-WAY PLAY AND UNRIVALED LEADERSHIP. THANK YOU, JR. YOU ARE MY HERO.

Old
12-16-2009, 10:34 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Hay guys, Leaf fan here..

Wuld u guys think Hagman, Ian White, and a 3rd gets the Leafs Stall?

Caines get a good cheap winger, a top pairing Dman who wil win teh Norris someday and a nice 3rd round pick to help u guys rebuild while the Leafs get a Ontario native and taek his big contract so u guys can get under ur self cap.

This seems like a good deal 4 both teams fair value. Amirite?

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:34 PM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

Those trades are just awful for Carolina.

Awfully one-sided.

halleJOKEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:40 PM
impeach estaalo
fire mullo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Stall View Post
Hay guys, Leaf fan here..

Wuld u guys think Hagman, Ian White, and a 3rd gets the Leafs Staal?

Caines get a good cheap winger, a top pairing Dman who wil win teh Norris someday and a nice 3rd round pick to help u guys rebuild while the Leafs get a Ontario native and taek his big contract so u guys can get under ur self cap.

This seems like a good deal 4 both teams fair value. Amirite?
Sounds like overpayment by the Leafs.

White is an amazing player and is worth more than Stall on his own. I would not trade him for any one player in the league. He is too legit to quit.

The Leafs could get Stall without giving up a franchise player in White. Unlike the Hurricanes who have no hope of turning things around any time soon, the Leafs have a great future and a huge arsenal of prospects like Stralman, Tlusty, Pogge, and Steen to include in deals.

Judging by the Thornton and Hossa trades, I'd say Stall could be had for Hagman, Stempniak and a 3rd.

Old
12-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Sad King Jimmy
That's hockey baby!

What would it take to get Ruutoo and Gleason to New York? Rob Schremp can really help out on the pp, and Doug Weight played for Carolina in the past, he could be the veteran leadership to put them over the top

Ruuutoo-Gleason

for

Weight, Schremp, 3rd rounder in 11

Sad King Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:43 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by inSTAALed View Post
Those trades are just awful for Carolina.

Awfully one-sided.
St. Louis needs to add more to theirs.

I like the Montreal proposal although I think Montreal would be overpaying to trade us Gomez. You can't find a better playmaking, Cup winning center than him right now, at least that's what I heard during the offseason. Change it to Sergei Kostitsyn, Halak and 2nd and we have a deal.

Old
12-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
#bandwagonwildcup

Jarkko Ruutu and Jonathan Cheechoo for Staal. You get the Ruutu brother connection (sure to be unstoppable) and Jonathan Cheechoo is the scoring winger we have always been looking for to play with Matt Cullen.

Make it happen.

Gotta Catch Em Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:50 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Hav u guys noticed how teh end of Dubinsky sounds like teh end of Gretzky? I think u guys wuld seriusly be getting a steel if some how u unloded Stall's contract to get him. Dubinzky, Roszival, and 2nd wuld be a awsome package 4 u guys, all most as good as teh Leafs' package offerd

Old
12-16-2009, 10:54 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

I would really like Buffalo to look into picking up Staal. The top 6 really needs a shakeup.

I think it would have to start with Roy + 1st rounder. What does Carolina need? Better goaltending depth? Prospects? If so what positions?

A deadline deal that I would consider

Roy
1st
Lydman (salary going back, he's a UFA after the season)
Pick a prospect, Brennan, Ennis, Gerbe, Adam, Kassian, Enroth.

for

Eric Staal
Matt Cullen

What do the canes fans think? Would you be interested in Vanek? Only untouchables for me are Miller and Myers.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:54 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Derek Roy, Tim Connolly, two first round picks.

Oh, this thread is serious.
Jason Pominville, Nathan Paetsch, 7th round pick for Staal and a first. If you're lucky, Andrew Peters will be thrown in.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:55 PM
impeach estaalo
fire mullo

Quote:
St. Louis needs to add more to theirs.

I like the Montreal proposal although I think Montreal would be overpaying to trade us Gomez. You can't find a better playmaking, Cup winning center than him right now, at least that's what I heard during the offseason. Change it to Sergei Kostitsyn, Halak and 2nd and we have a deal.
How about just both of the Kostitysns for Stall? They are better than the Sedins, so that's a great trade for us.

Quote:
Hav u guys noticed how teh end of Dubinsky sounds like teh end of Gretzky? I think u guys wuld seriusly be getting a steel if some how u unloded Stall's contract to get him. Dubinzky, Roszival, and 2nd wuld be a awsome package 4 u guys.
I agree. He is amazing. I am so jealous of the Rangers and how they have both Dubinsky and Callahan. Crosby-Malkin...Kane-Toews...Getzlaf-Perry...Dubinsky-Callahan. It is really a pipe dream to expect Dubinsky in exchange for Stall. Throwing in Roszival as well is just sheer fantasy. That trade would absolutely gut the Rangers' depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Oh, this thread is serious.
Jason Pominville, Nathan Paetsch, 7th round pick for Staal and a first. If you're lucky, Andrew Peters will be thrown in.
Done. I will drive Stall to the airport.

Old
12-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Well..per Ranger's and Pen's fans...it would take MASSIVE overpayment to get Marc Staal out of NY and Jordan Staal out of Pit. That makes sense

But because Eric has only has 15 points this year and has a salary of 20 bazillion per year..he can be had for a top 6 winger and a top 4 D.

I think the best offer on your list is Rozival, Dubinsky and a 2nd. Some fans say that they should throw in Sanguinetti or Gilroy as well..but I wouldn't give that up much even for Ovechkin.

Boom Boom Anton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Asquaredx2

I'd keep him. He looks like he could form a pretty potent duo with Taylor Haal.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:00 PM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

Way too much going to Carolina, Halak and a Second should do it

WhiteTrashAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:01 PM
impeach estaalo
fire mullo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpuckhog View Post
Well..per Ranger's and Pen's fans...it would take MASSIVE overpayment to get Marc Staal out of NY and Jordan Staal out of Pit. That makes sense

But because Eric has only has 15 points this year and has a salary of 20 bazillion per year..he can be had for a top 6 winger and a top 4 D.

I think the best offer on your list is Rozival, Dubinsky and a 2nd. Some fans say that they should throw in Sanguinetti or Gilroy as well..but I wouldn't give that up much even for Ovechkin.
You have zero understanding of anything hockey related, if you would honestly trade all those players, for an AO or Crosby.

Especially in the Salary cap world, where finding NHL caliber players that can contribute at a bargain, is vital. Look at Carolina, for example. Remove a chunk of that team, and insert any superstar. Odds are, they fall short because of their lack of depth.

I think I'm done with you...

I'll respond to people who have a better understanding of the game, because you're talking out of your ass.

Old
12-16-2009, 11:02 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

J/k!! No one wants that diver Stall, even 4 a bag of pucks. He only gets like 70 points a season and has a cap hit of liek 10 million dollars. Grabovski will b way more better!

U guys thougt I was serious? I wuldnt give up Hagman, White and a 3rd 4 Gretzky or Lemieux

Old
12-16-2009, 11:02 PM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

The fact that some people think this is serious makes me lol btw

WhiteTrashAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:05 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanton View Post
Done. I will drive Stall to the airport.
Are you taking Peters as well? If not, I'll comp your gas money.

Old
12-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatterson14206 View Post
I would really like Buffalo to look into picking up Staal. The top 6 really needs a shakeup.

I think it would have to start with Roy + 1st rounder. What does Carolina need? Better goaltending depth? Prospects? If so what positions?

A deadline deal that I would consider

Roy
1st
Lydman (salary going back, he's a UFA after the season)
Pick a prospect, Brennan, Ennis, Gerbe, Adam, Kassian, Enroth.

for

Eric Staal
Matt Cullen

What do the canes fans think? Would you be interested in Vanek? Only untouchables for me are Miller and Myers.
The only way I'd trade Stall to the Sabres is in a package deal...Roy, Vanek, Pomminville, Myers and a 1st for Stahl, Walker, Aaron Ward, Samsonov, Corvo, and BrindAmour.

IMO..the Sabres win this trade by a mile. They pick up all sorts of Stanley cup experience which will serve them well this year. They pick up 4 forwards..but only give up 3 in return..and 4>>>>3. Corvo and Ward are two defensemen and Myers is only 1 defenseman..so they win there as well as 2 >>>> 1.

Odds are, the Sabres will win the cup with this line-up so the first round pick will be the last in the draft so that is almost a throw away.

Old
12-16-2009, 11:08 PM
impeach estaalo
fire mullo

Quote:
Are you taking Peters as well? If not, I'll comp your gas money.
Peters plays for the Devils.

How about we throw in Pitkennin along with Stall, then you can trade Pitkennin to the Devils for Peters and then trade him to us for Ruuuttoo?

Oh BTW there are no airports in North Carolina so I'd have to drive Stall all the way to Virginia to get him on a flight. The gas money would be significant.

Old
12-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
You have zero understanding of anything hockey related, if you would honestly trade all those players, for an AO or Crosby.

Especially in the Salary cap world, where finding NHL caliber players that can contribute at a bargain, is vital. Look at Carolina, for example. Remove a chunk of that team, and insert any superstar. Odds are, they fall short because of their lack of depth.

I think I'm done with you...

I'll respond to people who have a better understanding of the game, because you're talking out of your ass.
That post made my night

Old
12-16-2009, 11:13 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Peters plays for the Devils.

How about we throw in Pitkennin along with Stall, then you can trade Pitkennin to the Devils for Peters and then trade him to us for Ruuuttoo?

Oh BTW there are no airports in North Carolina so I'd have to drive Stall all the way to Virginia to get him on a flight. The gas money would be significant.
Deal. With Pominville, you finally have a right handed shot to quarterback your power plays.

Old
12-16-2009, 11:17 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:
Deal. With Pominville, you finally have a right handed shot to quarterback your power plays.
Pominville can't replace the right handed, Russian Bobby Orr we let leave for the KHL, but he'll do. At least he's not a soft Euro like Pitcannon and Babchuck.