HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Official Brandon Dubinsky, Michal Rozsival and Ryan Callohohan Appreciation Thread

View Poll Results: Who is better?
Dubinsky 70 93.33%
Gretzky 5 6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Boom Boom Anton

vCash: 500
I took another look at your list. The Flyer offer has to include Carter. But then the Canes will have to offer up a lot more than Stoll.

You see Jeff Carter scored 84 points last year..and Erik Stahl had only 75. This year it is even worse as Carter already has 22.

So I think it has to be something like Carter and Coburn for Stall, Gleeson and a 2nd in order for it to be fair.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:19 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

Quote:
Well..per Ranger's and Pen's fans...it would take MASSIVE overpayment to get Marc Staal out of NY and Jordan Staal out of Pit. That makes sense
Eric Staal for Marc Staal and Jordan Staal.

Rangers and Pens will share him. This kind of thing:

12-16-2009, 11:24 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpuckhog View Post
I took another look at your list. The Flyer offer has to include Carter. But then the Canes will have to offer up a lot more than Stoll.

You see Jeff Carter scored 84 points last year..and Erik Stahl had only 75. This year it is even worse as Carter already has 22.

So I think it has to be something like Carter and Coburn for Stall, Gleeson and a 2nd in order for it to be fair.
Flyers don't want Stall. He has issues and is overpaid. Carter is better because he has outscored Stall in one season and won't seek so much as a penny above his current $5M salary on his next contract.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Caniac4ever

vCash: 1436
Flyers fan here... Although I still like Brindy. I shure wish we still had him on r team. I think with hiz production this year on our team we would be at the top of the east. Here is waht I would offer to the former Whalers:

To the Flyers:

Cam Ward
Eric Stall
Justin Williams

To the former Whalers:

Michael Leighton
Dan Carcillo
Ray Emery

I think this makes sence for both teams. Obviously you would be saving lots of money for all the years to come when you woouldn't have made the playoffs anyways. Carcillo will be able to strike far more fear into the hearts of your opponents than Cam Ward ever would've been able to. Also, you will be getting two seasoned NHL goalies(and one can even wrestle).

Waht do you think? I've noticed Justin Williams hasn't done much for you this year. Thats why I included him...

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac4ever View Post
Flyers fan here... Although I still like Brindy. I shure wish we still had him on r team. I think with hiz production this year on our team we would be at the top of the east. Here is waht I would offer to the former Whalers:

To the Flyers:

Cam Ward
Eric Stall
Justin Williams

To the former Whalers:

Michael Leighton
Dan Carcillo
Ray Emery

I think this makes sence for both teams. Obviously you would be saving lots of money for all the years to come when you woouldn't have made the playoffs anyways. Carcillo will be able to strike far more fear into the hearts of your opponents than Cam Ward ever would've been able to. Also, you will be getting two seasoned NHL goalies(and one can even wrestle).

Waht do you think? I've noticed Justin Williams hasn't done much for you this year. Thats why I included him...
Duh...Justin Williams isn't on the Canes any more. Jeez..and you northerners say that we don't know anything about Hockey.

By the way..while you're here..maybe you can help me out with something that's been bothering me . A lot of times, I see where a player flings the puck all the way down the rink and the umpire raises his hand and eventually blows the whistle when the other team touches the puck. Then they bring the puck all the way back down to our end and have the faceoff there. What's up with that? Some guy sitting next to me said it was called "frosting" (or was it icing..can't remember).

Seems like a weird rule. In Nascar..the object is to get to where you are going as fast as possible. Seems weird that you are penalized in hockey for doing that.

Can you shed some light on that for me?

Old
12-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Caniac4ever

vCash: 1436
Quote:
Duh...Justin Williams isn't on the Canes any more. Jeez..and you northerners say that we don't know anything about Hockey.

By the way..while you're here..maybe you can help me out with something that's been bothering me . A lot of times, I see where a player flings the puck all the way down the rink and the umpire raises his hand and eventually blows the whistle when the other team touches the puck. Then they bring the puck all the way back down to our end and have the faceoff there. What's up with that? Some guy sitting next to me said it was called "frosting" (or was it icing..can't remember).

Seems like a weird rule. In Nascar..the object is to get to where you are going as fast as possible. Seems weird that you are penalized in hockey for doing that.

Never heard of that rulz... Maybe its sumthing new their trying on ya'lls down there that don't no much about hockee.

What we do up here if the opposing team gets a brakeaway, is we just start taking off our equipment and start throwing it at them... We do that cause it's more rough and tumble. We reel cool.

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:44 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

Quote:

All I knows is that the fans over yonder at the ole RBC cheer when them other teams shoots the rubber disc down the field. So I thinks it count as a point against the team that does that or somethin like that, y'all.

Whut really confuses me is the "offsigns" thing. What that is? Why dont you want the offensemen trying to score goals by getting past halfcourt? That make no sense.

Old
12-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

I fixed your thread title for you. You spelled Erik Stall's name wrong.

Gotta Catch Em Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 11:54 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleCooper View Post
I fixed your thread title for you. You spelled Erik Stall's name wrong.
How you do that? Wuz that that new fancy edit button thingy? Im sorry, I dunno about that whole technology bizness...it scares me to tell u the truth. My family jus got electricity last Saturday out on the farm, now they sayin stuff bout internets and whatnot. They sayin i shuld trade in my horse and carriage for a '95 Honda accord automobile. Times is a changin I tells you that. By the way Pitkennin sucks hes lazy and soft trade him for Dan Hinote.

Old
12-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanton View Post
All I knows is that the fans over yonder at the ole RBC cheer when them other teams shoots the rubber disc down the field. So I thinks it count as a point against the team that does that or somethin like that, y'all.

Whut really confuses me is the "offsigns" thing. What that is? Why dont you want the offensemen trying to score goals by getting past halfcourt? That make no sense.
Thanks. That make sense.

On the "offsigns". I think (but ain't sure) that it is called off SIDES. I think it is the same rule as in Soccer where you can't be closer to the goal than both the puck and the opposing team's defenseman. Just guessing though.

The rules of hockey are pretty hard to understand unless you started playing when you were still in diapers.

Old
12-16-2009, 11:58 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

Quote:
Thanks. That make sense.

On the "offsigns". I think (but ain't sure) that it is called off SIDES. I think it is the same rule as in Soccer where you can't be closer to the goal than both the puck and the opposing team's defenseman. Just guessing though.

The rules of hockey are pretty hard to understand unless you started playing when you were still in diapers.
Yeah i don tunderstand the hockey sport. I think u hav to be from Canadia to get it. Like why is they sayin that Canes winning the Cup was one of the best sports moments in NC history? I can name at least 250 sports event that was better than that, like that one game i saw where JJ Reddick did somethin or other then i fells asleep because they kept taking timeouts at the end of the game trade Pitkennin

Old
12-17-2009, 12:01 AM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

BTW this is the music they listen to in Canadia. No wonder they like the ice puck sport.

Old
12-17-2009, 12:18 AM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanton View Post
Yeah i don tunderstand the hockey sport. I think u hav to be from Canadia to get it. Like why is they sayin that Canes winning the Cup was one of the best sports moments in NC history? I can name at least 250 sports event that was better than that, like that one game i saw where JJ Reddick did somethin or other then i fells asleep because they kept taking timeouts at the end of the game trade Pitkennin
Redick sux, Hansbrough is the next Michal Jordan.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:18 AM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

Here is a video of Brandon Dubinsky sacrificing his life for his country in combat....and by that I mean playing hockey. He is a true hero and is one of America's great hockey stars. He displays the core attributes that makes him one of hockey's finest.

Old
12-17-2009, 07:57 AM
daikan
sad times

Send a message via MSN to daikan
Does he wear lipstick in that video?

daikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Anton Bubdobin
I hates summer

We can't trade Stall if we're getting Haal. Or something.

Unless of course we trade Staal to both the Rags and the Pens. They can then share his play and his salary. It's the cost-cutting wave of the future.

Ok, so maybe not. But if we can get Marc and Jared, maybe we can get the other brother too...what was his name? Jermaine? Tito?

Anton Bubdobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:57 AM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

Quote:
Originally Posted by daikan View Post
Does he wear lipstick in that video?
Traed Pitkennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
We can't trade Stall if we're getting Haal. Or something.

Unless of course we trade Staal to both the Rags and the Pens. They can then share his play and his salary. It's the cost-cutting wave of the future.

Ok, so maybe not. But if we can get Marc and Jared, maybe we can get the other brother too...what was his name? Jermaine? Tito?
Traed Pitkennin

Old
12-17-2009, 09:14 AM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

Fun facts about Joanna Pitkennin:

- He got traeded from Edmonton and Philly cuz he sux. he is the only player on the team to ever have been traded so lets trade him again
- Erik Cole wuz one of the best players to ever play for the Canes franchise but hsi carer was ruioned by being traeded to Edmonton this is Pitkennen's fault he would have been in the hall of fame (not joanna i mean cole pitkennen sucks)
- I turned in my season tickets wen Cole wuz traded 4 Joanna. i never herd of pitkenin before the trade and i am very knowledgable about the ice puck sport so that means he sux
- I yell "hit em" at Joanna at least forty times a game when im at RBC hes really soft why cant we have more defensemen like Wallin and Awardo?
- Speaking of the Seecret Weapone, i almost cried when i learned the rumor about him being traded for Joanna thankfully Nicky activated his no trade clause wow we dodged a bullet Nicky has a great smile and scores big OT playoff goals
- Timmays ex-gf was also named Joanna so Pitkennen brought back bad memories and Timmay got depressed and that led to the whole kerflunkle with Ott and then Brandon Morrow fought Timmay which had a butterfly effect of Timmy getting the concussion blocking the Ovechkin shot IT IS PITKENNEN'S FAULT THAT GLEASON IS HURT TRADE EM
- Pitkenen has 0 playoff goals he is a chocker
- Joanna makes $4.5m next season I think that money could be better of used for contract extensions for Walker and Awardo

Old
12-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Discipline Daddy
NHL All star Aucoin

I wus thinking a trade with Montreal:

Stall
Gleeson
Wardo (cam)

for

Lapierre
Laraque
Maxwell
A., S., Kostitsyns
Halak

That would benefit the Cains because you would have so much more depth, Kostitsyn is lighting the lamp this year BIG time, and Halak is a world-class goaltender that needs more playing time. Trading Wardo would let you get a world-class goaltender whocould get playing time that he cant get here in Montreal. Also Maxy is guaranteed top 6 player with GRIT and HUSTEL.

Habs benefit because new owners can afford Stall's contract and this would free up Gainey to trade Gomez to some team for their scrubs and RUN TO THE BANK LAUGHING!! lol! Plus Wardo and Stall want to play for a Canadien team.

Discipline Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Now that I have had some time to think about it I have come to the conclusion that if you don't think Stall should be traded for picks/prospects, then you are a blind homer.

The reason this team is in the basement is because JR did not trade Stahl for picks / prospects sooner.

Trading Stoll will fill all sorts of holes the Canes with picks/prospects from other teams.

I know JR historically tends to trade our prospects for roster players or older prospects (see Jack Johnson, see Paridis)....but if he had adopted the strategy of trading our best players for picks /prospect sooner, then we wouldn't be in the basement today.

Take off your homer glasses people

Old
12-17-2009, 11:24 AM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:
Now that I have had some time to think about it I have come to the conclusion that if you don't think Stall should be traded for picks/prospects, then you are a blind homer.

The reason this team is in the basement is because JR did not trade Stahl for picks / prospects sooner.

Trading Stoll will fill all sorts of holes the Canes with picks/prospects from other teams.

I know JR historically tends to trade our prospects for roster players or older prospects (see Jack Johnson, see Paridis)....but if he had adopted the strategy of trading our best players for picks /prospect sooner, then we wouldn't be in the basement today.

U kno nothing a/b hockey

Dont even try to argue wit me, i live n an igloo n Canada so my hockey knowledge is supererior

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:42 AM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

Quote:

You have zero understanding of anything hockey related, if you would trade a great player like Erik Stall, for nothing but picks and prospects.

Please. If we're trading him, we need some top end talent coming back. Like Brandon Dubinsky, and Michal Rozsival, and a 2nd round pick. This franchise can't afford a full re-build, by picking up a bunch of shiny prospects. Getting Dubinsky, would make us INSTANT contenders.

I'm not even going to deal with you any more, because it's apparent you have zero hockey knowledge.

Stop talking out of your ass. I'm done with you.

Old
12-17-2009, 11:49 AM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

DID SOMEONE SAY MY NAME WOW I AM SO AWESOME I'M GOING TO MAKE THE OLYMPIC TEAM HAHA CANES SUCK

Old
12-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

You rang?

Gotta Catch Em Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 11:59 AM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

DO U GUYS LIKE MY MUSIC? I AM CAM'S FAVORITE SINGER!