HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philly Atl Kovy/Carter

Old
12-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Dylbot

vCash: 500
No one is trading for Kovalchuk unless they are given permission by the Thrashers to work out a contract extension before making the deal.

Dylbot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:05 PM
LongLiveVigier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaVaHokie View Post
You'd be a fool... who are you going to get for $2.6 million that plays PK, PP and has the potential to score 40-70 pts?... and takes faceoffs.

I'm just throwing him in as the "Pascual Dupuis" of the deal... Armstrong and the draft pick are the real part of the deal.
40-70, eh? That's quite the difference in points there.... Let's be real and say Todd White is more a 40-50 point guy, 70 points was the exception not the norm, and for a team that doesn't spend to the limit I think White is overpaid. I don't think it is a coincidence that once players have left his line (Kozlov, Little) they have played much better. White has found his way down to the 3rd line now, and to be honest I'd rather see Reasoner center the third line, play Slater on the 4th and get whatever we can for White.

I'm with you here though, I'd love to have Todd White be the "throw in" on any deal. Please someone take him from the Thrashers.

LongLiveVigier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:07 PM
GaVaHokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylbot View Post
No one is trading for Kovalchuk unless they are given permission by the Thrashers to work out a contract extension before making the deal.
You'd be dreaming... teams were offering up draft picks last year just to have the opportunity to discuss contract options with Bouwmeester.

http://www.tsn.ca/story/print/?id=283033

And that was just summertime... we're talking about the chance to have Kovalchuk for the playoffs... teams are gonna pay, and pay big. This is bigger than the Hossa deal.

GaVaHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Dylbot

Quote:
You'd be dreaming... teams were offering up draft picks last year just to have the opportunity to discuss contract options with Bouwmeester.

http://www.tsn.ca/story/print/?id=283033

And that was just summertime... we're talking about the chance to have Kovalchuk for the playoffs... teams are gonna pay, and pay big. This is bigger than the Hossa deal.
I agree, Atlanta is going to demand more for Kovalchuk than they did for Hossa. Essentialy the only way Atlanta deals Kovalchuk is for an overwhelming offer, and the only way another team will consider sacrificing the kind of assets that it will cost, is with an assurance that they're not just buying a sniper for 20-30 games.

And the Panthers got a UFA and a 3rd round pick for Bouwmeester. Minimal assets, not really comparable, and if it is, it supports my point.

Old
12-17-2009, 01:14 PM
GaVaHokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveVigier View Post
40-70, eh? That's quite the difference in points there.... Let's be real and say Todd White is more a 40-50 point guy, 70 points was the exception not the norm, and for a team that doesn't spend to the limit I think White is overpaid. I don't think it is a coincidence that once players have left his line (Kozlov, Little) they have played much better. White has found his way down to the 3rd line now, and to be honest I'd rather see Reasoner center the third line, play Slater on the 4th and get whatever we can for White.

I'm with you here though, I'd love to have Todd White be the "throw in" on any deal. Please someone take him from the Thrashers.
Sorry, I'll say 40+... he's currently on pace for 30 pts, but I think he'll pick up the pace. He's just slumping.

Keep in mind his game totals per season when considering his points production.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/...=nhl-thrashers

Old
12-17-2009, 01:20 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 10 View Post
atlanta has enough defensive prospects

if kovy leaves so does kozlov and afinogenov, so atlanta will want offensive prospects in a kovy trade
Prospects and picks can sweeten a deal, but we would need talent we can use to make the playoffs THIS year...

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:14 PM
LongLiveVigier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 10 View Post

if kovy leaves so does kozlov and afinogenov, so atlanta will want offensive prospects in a kovy trade
I think Kozlov is gone either way, we have younger, cheaper options and he is on the decline. I also don't think anything that happens with Kozlov is tied to Kovalchuk, just because they are both Russian doesn't mean Kozlov would leave because Kovalchuk was no longer with the team. Max is a different case, but he may very well price himself out of what we are willing to spend on him either way. Next years lines are going to be much different than the current ones we have now. Most people see this and say "you have to go for the cup this year with the players we have because they won't be around next year!" It's sad that our boom or bust year doesn't revolve around trying to win a Cup so much as just hoping to get into the playoffs and win a game or two.

Old
12-17-2009, 02:43 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

First off, I don't know if any of you heard this but Kovy wants an 11 year deal worth 10 mil per, ( http://spectorshockey.net/index.php?...umors&Itemid=4 ) the Flyers don't have that kind of room so its not happening. On the other hand if he didn't want that absurd amount of money I'd say this:
Kovy - Valabik - Lehtonen - Esposito - 1st pick
For
Carter - Parent - Marshall

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
First off, I don't know if any of you heard this but Kovy wants an 11 year deal worth 10 mil per, ( http://spectorshockey.net/index.php?...umors&Itemid=4 ) the Flyers don't have that kind of room so its not happening. On the other hand if he didn't want that absurd amount of money I'd say this:
For
that entire post was just sad

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveVigier View Post
I think Kozlov is gone either way, we have younger, cheaper options and he is on the decline. I also don't think anything that happens with Kozlov is tied to Kovalchuk, just because they are both Russian doesn't mean Kozlov would leave because Kovalchuk was no longer with the team. Max is a different case, but he may very well price himself out of what we are willing to spend on him either way. Next years lines are going to be much different than the current ones we have now. Most people see this and say "you have to go for the cup this year with the players we have because they won't be around next year!" It's sad that our boom or bust year doesn't revolve around trying to win a Cup so much as just hoping to get into the playoffs and win a game or two.
yes kozlov is gone either way. i'd like to think afinogenov wouldn't want more than 2 million which is well within our price range if we move white and lehtonen without taking on salary.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:52 PM
LongLiveVigier

Quote:
For
I see your offer and counter you with Kovy for the entire Flyer's organization and eleventy billion dollars...

Old
12-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Dylbot

Quote:
For
wow........

Old
12-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

carter and coburn alone would get you kovy most likely. That trade would probably help both teams playoff chances as well

Telfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 03:59 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
GM's love Armstrong... he completely changes locker room morale... he's the guy that's going to get overpaid next summer, ala Ryan Malone.

Todd White is one of the most affordable, dependable players in the league... he has a two way game. So does Armstrong.

Philly needs to dump salary... you get two dependable players, freed up salary and a possible good draft pick.

... not an insult... it's realistic.
its realistic?
how the **** is is it realistic? Carter is coming off a 46 goal season and yes he has struggled at times this season, but Jeff Carter should not and never be refered to as a salary dump.
How about this

Atlanta gets Braydon Coburn, Brian Boucher, Scott Hartnell and Darroll Powe

Philly gets Richard Peverly, Zach Bogosian and Ondrej Pavelec

sound good to you?
instert sarcasm smiley here

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 04:39 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 Cent View Post
What has Kovalchuk done in the playoffs? I think that Thrasher fans will disappointed by the mediocre return. All under consideration that IK doesn't re-sign.

You don't think teams are going to go crazy trying to outbid eachother because he has only been to the playoffs once? Not a chance...he'll be the grand prize at the deadline...if he doesn't sign.

Old
12-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Chepp87

i know he is unsigned but i would want more if i were philly....

Chepp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 05:22 PM
hfboardsuser

Quote:
You'd be a fool... who are you going to get for $2.6 million that plays PK, PP and has the potential to score 40-70 pts?... and takes faceoffs.

I'm just throwing him in as the "Pascual Dupuis" of the deal... Armstrong and the draft pick are the real part of the deal.
Ah, yes, the 'real part of the deal'.

Oilers will trade you Horcoff, Moreau and a pick for Kovalchuk. Moreau's leadership and tenacity is valued by many GMs, Horcoff can do everything White can and is both younger and signed long-term. Oh, and the pick. The real part of the deal.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Mike Richards 18

you have to remember for philly were close to the cap so we have to trade a couple players and only get Kovy back or prospects

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 06:40 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by backs4mvp View Post
It'd need to be two conditional picks, '11 1st & '12 2nd round picks to Philly if Kovalchuk doesn't resign. This trade is lobsided to Atlanta for a UFA kovalchuk.

Atlanta Gets
Carter Coburn Syvret Bourdon

Philly Gets
Kovalchuk
Conditional 1st '11 (If Kovy doesn't resign)
Conditional 2nd '12
this

I think the Flyers give up too much. Try to keep Bourdon or Coburn, don't dump both. Syrvet isnt worth much as far as I'm concerned.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 06:53 PM
buff

Quote:
For
That's impossible cause Angello Esposito Career is probably over.......

buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
GM's love Armstrong... he completely changes locker room morale... he's the guy that's going to get overpaid next summer, ala Ryan Malone.

Todd White is one of the most affordable, dependable players in the league... he has a two way game. So does Armstrong.

Philly needs to dump salary... you get two dependable players, freed up salary and a possible good draft pick.

... not an insult... it's realistic.
Except that 24 year old centers coming off a season where they scored 46 goals don't become salary dumps.

If the Flyers needed to dump a significant salary it would be either the salary of an oft-injured Gagne, Briere and his albatross contract, or Hartnell who is too busy having a good time to focus on being a professional hockey player.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Mike Richards 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
i totally believe everyone in Thrashers Nation wants to keep Kovy but with him being an UFA this year the package coming in return is less then it would have been last year and while know you want to keep him but if it does come to him not staying would this deal interest you? please remember he will be a UFA

Atlanta Gets
Carter Coburn Syvret Bourdon

Philly Gets
Kovalchuk

philly doesnt have really any picks left to offer so you get Carter Coburn and Two defensive prospects very close to NHL time, both offensive dmen

would you still do the deal if you putr Hartnell in for Carter

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:39 AM
GaVaHokie

Quote:

Just curious, what did you expected to receive for Hossa before the trade went down?
Probably what a lot of these Philly fans expect for Carter.

Old
12-18-2009, 09:43 AM
GaVaHokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Except that 24 year old centers coming off a season where they scored 46 goals don't become salary dumps.

If the Flyers needed to dump a significant salary it would be either the salary of an oft-injured Gagne, Briere and his albatross contract, or Hartnell who is too busy having a good time to focus on being a professional hockey player.
It's quite simple... Philly has no defense and no goalie next year and are on the books at $47 million already... Briere has a no trade clause. Gagne is injury prone... Carter has to go to "dump" salary so you have money to spend on defense and goaltending.

http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=PHI&season=0910

In all honesty... I'd expect to see a Carter for Kaberle trade, unless we can sucker you guys into a Lehtonen trade somehow.

Old
12-18-2009, 10:04 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Just curious, what did you expected to receive for Hossa before the trade went down?
What did I expected?

I expected an upper-tier prospect (Espo)+ a potential top-6 (Christensen) () + a third line grinder (Army) + 1st rounder. Keep in mind this was at the time of the trade...not now.

So yes...you get the "mighty" laugh smiley....