HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Captain K vs. Gomez

Old
12-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Zinger

vCash: 500
Captain K vs. Gomez

Saku: 28GP. 6G, 12A, 18PTS, +3, 18:35 avg ice time, 52% faceoffs, 2 gwg, $3,250,000

Gomez: 31gp, 4g, 12a, 16pts, -2, 20:09 avg ice time, 50.2% faceoffs, 1 gwg, $8,000,000

not to mention saku was the heart and soul of this team, and in my eyes he belongs with the other hab greats...he should have been there for the 100th. longest serving captain in gabs history and this done in UFA era.

i dont get it bob...i just dont get it.

Zinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:47 AM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Vomitsarek View Post
Saku: 28GP. 6G, 12A, 18PTS, +3, 18:35 avg ice time, 52% faceoffs, 2 gwg, $3,250,000

Gomez: 31gp, 4g, 12a, 16pts, -2, 20:09 avg ice time, 50.2% faceoffs, 1 gwg, $8,000,000

not to mention saku was the heart and soul of this team, and in my eyes he belongs with the other hab greats...he should have been there for the 100th. longest serving captain in gabs history and this done in UFA era.

Move into California

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Zinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Move into California
OMG I cant wait to move INTO california!

Old
12-17-2009, 12:51 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

actually, there is a rather prominent fault line...

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:52 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:

Time to get over it dont you think?

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:53 AM
holyhabs

Saku 4 Life

Gomez sucks Ballz

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:53 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Also, Saku never needed anyone to produce. He'd make terrible players produce.

But what's going to happen here is people justifying Gomez because of Cammalleri, and possibly Gionta.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:56 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

even if he produces we should buy him out.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post

But what's going to happen here is people justifying Gomez because of Cammalleri, and possibly Gionta.

and they would be right

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:00 AM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post

The fact is both Cammalleri and Gionta said in interviews that playing with Gomez was a motivating factor in their decisions to sign with Montreal.

From some reports Toronto offered more to Cammy but he chose here instead, although its hard to believe Gionta got offered any more from anyone else. But we can never really know if they would have signed with us if we just had Koivu and not Gomez.

All that being said, Gomez is definitely not worth his albatross contract, and likely will never be really, but as much as I love Koivu and I do (i got into a fight cheering for him on the Ducks over the Canucks tonight with my brother a die hard canucks fan) I would not be surprised if Gomez has more points than Koivu at the end of the season, but he'll never be able to match Saku's point per dollar of salary ratio.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:02 AM
Tray4Adams

Koivu is only an alternate captain

Tray4Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:02 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
and they would be right
Gionta yes, still not sure about Cammalleri.

And Id take Koivu over Gomez hands down.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:03 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Gionta yes, still not sure about Cammalleri.

And Id take Koivu over Gomez hands down.
me too but I pretty sure Koivu had enough with Montreal

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:03 AM
Miller Time

the crazy thing is that the expectation was that Gomez would start slowly, but with time get comfortable and eventually contribute at least on par with last season, if not somehow return to the 70+ range...

instead, it literally seems like he is getting worse the more he plays. getting close to 1/2 point of the season and he is on pace for 40pts... OUCH.

meanwhile, Koivu is doing what Gomez was supposed to do, get better as the season progressed and as he gets comfortable with his new surroundings... including 5 points in his last 3 games, pretty impressive considering that he is picking up his game just when the ducks need it the most (with selanne and now lupul going down with injuries).

meanwhile people around here will justify Gomez's struggles because gionta is injured... 8M$ and he gets a free pass for disappearing when the team needs him to perform...

it will be either interesting or painful to watch Gainey fix the mess he made by trading for him...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:06 AM
Hermamoud

Gomez is taking French lessons. Therefore, Gomez > Koivu

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:16 AM
One Trick Pony

Yeah but Saku is playing with Sexton

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:22 AM
Zinger

its a real shame....

for the 4.75 mil we would have saved paul mara's salary and dished out 7 mil for JayBo.

and all this "i signed here cuz of gomez" crap? Relax...Cammalleri played with Frolov and Kopi in LA and Iginla in Cgy...he doesnt give a @#$% about Scott Gomez. He obviously said that to boost his new teammate, create a good vibe, like a good leader should be doing.

Thank God Cammalleri, Moen and toa certain extent Gill have panned out...for bob's sake....because taking on gomez's salary PLUS giving up on a promising 1st rounder and a solid 3rd liner for many years to come is a major f up IMO

Old
12-17-2009, 01:37 AM
dre2112

Who cares if Gionta and Cammalleri came here because of Gomez. All 3 are smurfs, and make our team incredibly easy to play against... just like we have been hard pressed against tougher teams throughout the years with a smallish lineup.

I couldn't care less about Cammalleri and Gionta. None are game breakers. They're good secondary scorers and would compliment a real hockey player like Iginla or Parise, but on their own, they're not good enough to be game breakers.

They were the wrong players to acquire. We didn't need players of their ilk. Especially Gomez. Now we're stuck with them for a long time with little hope of change.

Yay to another 4-5 years of mediocrity.

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:38 AM
Garo

Quote:
its a real shame....

for the 4.75 mil we would have saved paul mara's salary and dished out 7 mil for JayBo
Who was signed before July 1st.

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 01:53 AM
Zinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
Who was signed before July 1st.
true...but u catch my drift....

we could have had a real impact player. the rangers ditch gomez and sign gaborik to nearly the same amount

life is not fair.

im sick of this good damn team. Cammy, Pleks, A Kost (recenly), Moen and Hamrlik are the only ones earning their salaries

the rest are mostly underachievers. especially our crappy ass defense.

Old
12-17-2009, 01:59 AM
crakced

It's hard to argue for Gomez at this point. I will admit that I would have preferred SK stay than most. But Gomez has be anything but a disapointment.

As much as I believed that the changes in scenery could be better for the Habs, I think the total amount of change was more than could be expected to be healthy. Simple answer right now...give me Koivu 9t5% of the time!

crakced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:01 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Sometimes after reading some posts, I'm embarrassed to be a Habs fan..
Actually, it's more than just sometimes.

''This guy's doing this, that one is doing that...we should have signed him..shouldn't have signed the other...should do this...shouldn't have done that..''..ouin ouin ouin...nothing but crying babies around here.

If we were in the same position as we're in today with an 100% completely different roster , it would have been different criticism but still, it'd be omnipresent.

This board has become a pure joke. No more constructive threads discussing the actual hockey game surrounding our Habs. It's only about stupid useless comparison with the sole purpose of downgrading the work of our GM, coaches or players.

I mean, a handful of threads of the sort through out the year is understandable. But now it's about two handfuls after every loss.

Enough of this crap. I wish Mods would just delete negative and pessimistic threads after reaching a certain limit every day or week. It's getting incredibly pathetic and has already killed this forum.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:08 AM
Garo

Quote:
true...but u catch my drift....
Well, not really. Gomez's contract didn't stop us from signing an impact player on July 1st.

I mean, Gainey would have taken Hossa or Gaborik instead of Gionta, and probably Cammalleri too. He had the money, but it just didn't happen that way.

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:46 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Sometimes after reading some posts, I'm embarrassed to be a Habs fan..
Actually, it's more than just sometimes.

''This guy's doing this, that one is doing that...we should have signed him..shouldn't have signed the other...should do this...shouldn't have done that..''..ouin ouin ouin...nothing but crying babies around here.

If we were in the same position as we're in today with an 100% completely different roster , it would have been different criticism but still, it'd be omnipresent.

This board has become a pure joke. No more constructive threads discussing the actual hockey game surrounding our Habs. It's only about stupid useless comparison with the sole purpose of downgrading the work of our GM, coaches or players.

I mean, a handful of threads of the sort through out the year is understandable. But now it's about two handfuls after every loss.

Enough of this crap. I wish Mods would just delete negative and pessimistic threads after reaching a certain limit every day or week. It's getting incredibly pathetic and has already killed this forum.
Well you know, this is a board, with different people from different age and different generation, with different opinions. Not everybody are at the same level in hockey knowledge. If this board has become too stupid for you, go start another board with restrictions. I respect you as a poster and i conscient you know a lot about hockey but when you come in a thread and act like your superior than everybody, thats what bothers me.

You know there are stupid and smart people, you cant control that. Its in the society, in HFboards too. Dont like the thread, dont click on it, or ignore it.

I'm not a fan of Gomez and always liked Koivu, so i dont see anything wrong about this thread. Of course, if we won the game tonight, or Koivu didnt get 2 pts, this thread wouldnt probably exist but what do you want. Its not the first time.. wont be the last.

Last edited by Stradale: 12-17-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 03:04 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Yeah it's not looking like a good move but this board and everyone else would've blasted Gainey for leaving his top two centres as Koivu and Plekanec. Saku is slowing down, but I miss his battle and heart. Gomez has neither. Personally, I'd feel better if we gave Lang another shot, kept Captain K and Pleks and never dealt for Gomez at all. Then we could maybe trade Higgins et. al for a more physical winger. But Gainey took a gamble to save his job and it's backfiring. Oh well, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote