HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Captain K vs. Gomez

Old
12-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Would I want Koivu back on this team, looking at the sole fact that while making a lot less then Gomez, he's producing slightly more? Andrew W.K. will answer that for me :

But when Gionta comes back and he and Gomez have another decent winger, watch Gomez's production go up.

Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 11:53 PM
eightyseven

vCash: 500
If you watchd the Anaheim game the other night, Saku took 2 bad penalties to take his team out of the game. Ppl complain about Gomez taking dumb penalties, Saku probably does worse in that regard.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 12:09 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
If you watchd the Anaheim game the other night, Saku took 2 bad penalties to take his team out of the game. Ppl complain about Gomez taking dumb penalties, Saku probably does worse in that regard.
No, people complain about his lack of commitment, intensity, production and willing. Yeah, he took a bad penalty the other time but I dont see people bring that up in this thread. Gomez is very effective on the defensive and neutral zone, once he crosses the offensive zone, things gets complicated. He cuts to the board and start his perimeter game.

People are laughing at "hands of stone" Higgins, nobody is missing him but when he played with Saku, he managed to score 27 goals while some people are still trying to find excuses for Gomez for his lack of production saying he doesnt have wingers to play with.

How come can Saku make Higgins scored 27 goals but when it comes to Gomez, he absolutely needs Gionta to "produce", that he cant make players like Sergei and D'Agostini produce.

When I see Saku play, i see a player that wants to win. When i watch Gomez play, i see a player that doesnt want to look bad.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 05:51 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
It would have been nice to see Koivu playing with a top caliber winger like Cammalleri or Gionta this year.....but oh, that's right they wouldn't be here without the Gomez signing.
Yeah they would because all those lovely sacks of cash are why they showed up, not some over-rated, overpaid 2 line centre.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 06:46 PM
dfk711*
The real #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
up until that game, how many bad penalties had he taken with the ducks? oh right, it only matters when he actually does take a penalty.

dfk711* is offline   Reply With Quote