HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any interest in such a deal with ATL?

Old
12-17-2009, 02:14 AM
FrenchKheldar

vCash: 500
Any interest in such a deal with ATL?

Kovalchuk + Lehtonen for Penner + Smid + O'Marra/other F prospect

Edmonton has the cap space to sign Kovalchuk if it can convince him to play there, but I have the feeling it would be easier than with Heatley. Lehtonen needs a change of scenery and healthy, could solve a lot of problems for the Oilers in front of the net. Atlanta gets a physical top 6 F signed for a couple of years, a more defensive minded Dman to play top 4 minutes and a decent offensive prospect.

The problem is that Kovalchuk might not want to go to a non-contender... But who knows... And you guys have been hit pretty hard by injuries, you have the potential to get much better very quickly...

FrenchKheldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:18 AM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchKheldar View Post

Edmonton has the cap space to sign Kovalchuk if it can convince him to play there, but I have the feeling it would be easier than with Heatley. Lehtonen needs a change of scenery and healthy, could solve a lot of problems for the Oilers in front of the net. Atlanta gets a physical top 6 F signed for a couple of years, a more defensive minded Dman to play top 4 minutes and a decent offensive prospect.

The problem is that Kovalchuk might not want to go to a non-contender... But who knows... And you guys have been hit pretty hard by injuries, you have the potential to get much better very quickly...

I really don't wanna trade Penner.How about this instead?

To Edmonton
Ilya Kovalchuk
Kari Lehtonen
Zach Bogosian.

To Atlanta
Shawn Horcoff
Ladislav Smid
Andrew Cogliano
POS
Jeff Drouin Deslauriers
2010 First round pick

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Cam98

i got feeling kovy going to resign with atlanta, there future looking good imo and having good year

Cam98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:30 AM
Bergeron47

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam98 View Post
i got feeling kovy going to resign with atlanta, there future looking good imo and having good year
Exactly, whatll it take to convince Oiler fans that Atlanta's not trading him?

GM said several times he has no intention of trading him, and now there's reports that they're close to a long-term deal.

We may aswell be making Ovechkin proposals, because at this stage it's just as likely.

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:30 AM
oilersfan11

What are the chances of Carolina trading Eric Staal?

Old
12-17-2009, 02:47 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

I'd be up for it as long as we got a guarantee that Kovalchuk will re-sign with us.

Basically something along the lines of a Kovy extension being signed before the trade is finalized.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:51 AM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
I'd be up for it as long as we got a guarantee that Kovalchuk will re-sign with us.

Basically something along the lines of a Kovy extension being signed before the trade is finalized.

Did't Pronger sign a 5 yr deal with us?Just because the player signs a new contract with the team can mean jack all.

Old
12-17-2009, 02:55 AM
Cam98

Oilers didn't have to trade Pronger tho lol...look at Kobe, how many times he wanted out, etc LA never traded him

Old
12-17-2009, 02:57 AM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam98 View Post
Oilers didn't have to trade Pronger tho lol...look at Kobe, how many times he wanted out, etc LA never traded him

He had to been traded or else he could have really brought down the locker room.

Old
12-17-2009, 03:14 AM
Cam98

who cares really. but, i don't want staals 8 million contract. even tho he seems to be picking it up recently which is good

Old
12-17-2009, 03:25 AM
plikestechno

That's bull. Apparently Pronger loved playing here and he loved being a big deal around town. And through all the crap he was going through with his wife he still brought it every night until the playoffs were over. He's a true professional that can leave issues behind when he gets on the ice.

If Glen Sather was still the GM here, coming off that cup run, he would have told him to go home and come back when he felt like being a man again and getting out there. He doesn't give a s**t about media, agents, pressure... KLowe was such a *****.

A week or two into the season, trapped at home with the wife and kids...seeing everyone else play...he would have been on his knees outside Rexall begging to play. He's way to competitive of a guy to just sit at home. KLowe should have called his bluff.

Funny that Philly fans and players are up Pronger's arse now. After he signed that fat contract. Apparently the young guns find him a little too intense. So ironically one could say he's bringing that dressing room down right now.

I'd take him in a sec and send Shelly and some picks the other way. We have enough good young guys right now.

Last edited by plikestechno: 12-17-2009 at 03:35 AM.
plikestechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 04:22 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 0
is it just me--or are we coming up with deal that would not even be allowed in ea SPORTS hokcey 2010?

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 04:32 AM
TheNosebleedSection

10 million drunken yes's for chuck

TheNosebleedSection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 07:48 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Chances of getting Staal or Kolvachuk are slim to none.

Kolvachuk has stated he likes Atlanta due to the anonymity

Last edited by Tad Mikowsky: 12-17-2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Animosity doesn't equal anonymity
Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Phaedrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post

Kolvachuk has stated he likes Atlanta due to the animosity.
"Animosity" or anonymity? There is a significant difference between the two. And I would have to see proof that he said he wants either; I am sure I have heard/read Kovalchuk say that he wants to play in a hockey city - and Kovalchuk had said in the past that Russian players are brought up wanting to be the best in the world and be recognized for it (Ovechkin said much the same thing) - and at times this can cause problems between them; he categorized a feud that existed between two prominent Russian players as them both wanting to be the star. I believe the issue (and his statement) also goes back to the Penguins with Malkin and Crosby on the same team.

edit: And no deal on Penner + for Kovalchuk. I want to see a line of Kovalchuk-Penner-whomever. Send them Hemsky + and I am fine with it.

Phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Jet
Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post

Kolvachuk has stated he likes Atlanta due to the animosity.
Lmao! I'm sorry, I don't normally pick on grammar or spelling but the kovalchuk animosity line is hilarious! Reminds me of the coach episode where luther talks about being in the hospital on a 'persperator' and asks hayden to be his 'executioner' (executor)

Seriously though, I wouldn't trade smid and penner for kovy. You have to look at what each player gives up on the ice as well as what they produce.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post
Lmao! I'm sorry, I don't normally pick on grammar or spelling but the kovalchuk animosity line is hilarious! Reminds me of the coach episode where luther talks about being in the hospital on a 'persperator' and asks hayden to be his 'executioner' (executor)

Seriously though, I wouldn't trade smid and penner for kovy. You have to look at what each player gives up on the ice as well as what they produce.
Posted via Mobile Device
I can't help my grammar being horrible at the moment. I have a wicked viral infection and my brain is at half capacity.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 09:30 AM
mullet

If the he wants a max contract 11.5 over 10 years then no I will ride it out with Penner and his 4.25.

mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 09:46 AM
CorpseFX

Quote:
done and done.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 10:42 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
It's being reported that Kovalchuk will sign a deal in the next couple months, so I doubt he is available unless something falls through.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 12:35 PM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
It's being reported that Kovalchuk will sign a deal in the next couple months, so I doubt he is available unless something falls through.
This has been reported repeatedly before. I doubt he signs with Atlanta and I doubt he would sign here either. I bet the Leafs make a big play for him or maybe even the Kings if they have enough cap space.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:40 PM
FrenchKheldar

Thanks all for your input, I'm not that optimistic about Ilya signing, here in Atlanta we've been burned before with Heatley and Hossa, so we're cautious. They've supposedly been talking for months, our GM says we want to sign him, he says he wants to stay, I don't think it's a good sign things are stalling. And things are gonna unravel pretty fast with the Olympics. If a month from now, Ilya is not signed, we have to trade him... There will be no time after the Olympics, possible injury not withstanding. Ilya is taking it easy right now cause he wants to be ready for the Games where he will be playing at 200%... And yes there is a risk that Kovalchuk might not resign with the team we trade him to, so you guys are probably right, it's more likely he goes to a contender.

FrenchKheldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:42 PM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Thanks all for your input, I'm not that optimistic about Ilya signing, here in Atlanta we've been burned before with Heatley and Hossa, so we're cautious. They've supposedly been talking for months, our GM says we want to sign him, he says he wants to stay, I don't think it's a good sign things are stalling. And things are gonna unravel pretty fast with the Olympics. If a month from now, Ilya is not signed, we have to trade him... There will be no time after the Olympics, possible injury not withstanding. Ilya is taking it easy right now cause he wants to be ready for the Games where he will be playing at 200%... And yes there is a risk that Kovalchuk might not resign with the team we trade him to, so you guys are probably right, it's more likely he goes to a contender.
I feel for you. You will probably get peanuts for him. Its not easy being an expansion franchise.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Trust me Atlanta looks like they are finally getting it together. Kovy will sign. You can't really include Heatley in your list because h landed Hossa. As for Hossa you guys got assets for him while not necessarily great assets, but Armstrong is defintiely a solid 3rd liner and possibly and 2nd in the future. But I think he will do better as a solid as a role player ala Stone.

Also how is Angelo doing, haven't heard much about him since that trade.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 04:03 PM
MeestaDeteta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
Exactly, whatll it take to convince Oiler fans that Atlanta's not trading him?

GM said several times he has no intention of trading him, and now there's reports that they're close to a long-term deal.

We may aswell be making Ovechkin proposals, because at this stage it's just as likely.
I think this proposal was made by an Atlanta fan.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote