HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Coyotes @ Blue Jackets (12/17/09)

Old
12-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Piokinen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteSunDevil View Post
A Duck victory over the Sharks tonight, and we are only 1 pt behind them. Oh who to cheer for in the Calgary-Kings game....

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/W...c/Coyotes.html

this site will give you answers

Piokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:48 PM
hao chi

Not the best way to win, but two wins in two nights sounds pretty good to me.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:50 PM
samabam

2 wins in Back to Back games with labarbera being in net for the second one, one can't complain although the yotes lookes pretty tired during most of the game...

samabam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:50 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Lucky to get those two points I think but good teams find a way to win. Nice job Barbs.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:51 PM
CoyoteSunDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrek View Post
I know I'm a civil engineer at all, but man I sure hated statistics. I'm assuming we are rooting for the Flames to win, and that increases our playoff chances by 0.1%? I'm getting chills about my statistics class...yuck.

CoyoteSunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:52 PM
howlincoyote2k1

Quote:
A Duck victory over the Sharks tonight, and we are only 1 pt behind them. Oh who to cheer for in the Calgary-Kings game....
Anything but overtime. I don't care who wins it, as long as it's in regulation. I'd probably prefer Calgary to win it because I don't think we'll catch them in the standings and will probably win their division. We can catch LA though.

But I'd rather take a Kings win in regulation over a Flames win in OT. Oh, how I HATE the loser point....and the Dallas Stars too. >=\

howlincoyote2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:53 PM
pyregretzky

Quote:
You cheer for the Flames first and if that isn't possible a regulation win for the Kings

pyregretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:54 PM
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy

Plus Nashville is losing 2-0 to Edmonton. Hope the Oilers can help us out.

DouX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:56 PM
CitizenCoyote

Pretty cool to the get the 2 points there. Nice job by Barbs to help steal the points.

Tough game to win after the emotion of last night, and the long plane ride. We got to play the right team at the right time on that one.

CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:58 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Sorry to throw a wrench into everything but don't forget we have Calgary's 1st rounder this summer

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Piokinen

Quote:
I know I'm a civil engineer at all, but man I sure hated statistics. I'm assuming we are rooting for the Flames to win, and that increases our playoff chances by 0.1%? I'm getting chills about my statistics class...yuck.
guess what i am also studying civil engineering
this wasn´t meant seriously

Piokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 08:59 PM
CoyoteSunDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlincoyote2k1 View Post
Anything but overtime. I don't care who wins it, as long as it's in regulation. I'd probably prefer Calgary to win it because I don't think we'll catch them in the standings and will probably win their division. We can catch LA though.

But I'd rather take a Kings win in regulation over a Flames win in OT. Oh, how I HATE the loser point....and the Dallas Stars too. >=\
I was keeping tabs on the Stars game, they were down late in the third and scored with a minute to go to tie it up, only to lose in OT to Atl (again). It's laughable at this point (pun intended)

Old
12-17-2009, 09:00 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Sorry to throw a wrench into everything but don't forget we have Calgary's 1st rounder this summer
West is just insane this year. From 11th place up (the Wild) you could argue they are all legit playoff teams.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Alamo

ehhhhh. A sloppy win is still a win. Congrats to Doaner on his 1000th. Labs made some good saves, but he REALLY needs to work on his stick work and communication.

Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 09:02 PM
SR

Quote:
I was keeping tabs on the Stars game, they were down late in the third and scored with a minute to go to tie it up, only to lose in OT to Atl (again). It's laughable at this point (pun intended)
Its absolutely ****ing rediculous that, that team is still where they are in the standings, that team does NOT desrve to be above any of the teams below them.

SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 09:11 PM
nooch

We seemed in survival mode most of the night, but that said coming away with 2 points is huge. Even though we gave up a PP goal I love our PK this year, we are just in the box too much. Needs to be cleaded up a bit I think we'll get exposed more in the future if we continue to take so many penalties. Though we played a little too much dump and chase. But again after playing last night I probably shouldnt be so critical.

Gratz Doaner on 1000

Gratz Boys on another Win.

nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 09:13 PM
pyregretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouXer4ouR View Post
Plus Nashville is losing 2-0 to Edmonton. Hope the Oilers can help us out.
You might have asked for too much 2-2

pyregretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 09:14 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddehJuS View Post
Mueller scratched again?! I'm so over this. The guy could be as integral as Boedker and Turris, but were just going to let him rot in the pressbox? I'm almost to the point of trading him. :/
He played last season like a fat, lazy sissy. This season, he's improved to just playing like a sissy. Neither approach has yielded any positive results for him, to this point. He has now had one hundred Downey Soft games in a row. Let's not get too worked up when Tippett decides it's time for the princess to take a little break for a while. Even if you take the goals and the fights out of the equation, I've honestly come to the conclusion that Paul Bissonnette has been the more effective hockey player of the two, this season. At least Bissonnette can cause turn overs, clear his own zone, and win battles along the boards. What can Pete do? Seriously, what does he contribute? What positives has he brought to the team in his last one hundred games played?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 09:17 PM
CoyoteSunDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyregretzky View Post
You might have asked for too much 2-2
Now 3-2 Nashville...wow that was quick.

PS Maybe we can get a scoreboard watching thread going... we are going to be looking all season I think.

Old
12-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Alamo

Don't look now but we are 8-1-1 in the last ten, and are still in the dead middle of the playoff race.... Oh well, They are getting it done and that is all that matters.

As long as we skip our annual all-star slump, We should make it.

Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 09:20 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
I agree that it isn't likely, but I'm concerned that Bryz has been playing too much. If the Coyotes make the playoffs, Bryz will need to be dominant, and I worry about what his energy level will be by then at this rate. I'd really, really like LaBarbera to justify more ice time for himself.
Good point. I agree. It looks like Barbs has done just that. Other than the two points, that's another positive take away from this sloppy, sloppy game.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Jakeman

A lucky win tonight...Labarbera was fantastic in goal. I don't think the yotes deserved this but I'm happy luck went our team's way.

Jakeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 09:28 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
What positives has he brought to the team in his last one hundred games played?
He's gold in the shootouts

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 10:46 PM
CitizenCoyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
West is just insane this year. From 11th place up (the Wild) you could argue they are all legit playoff teams.
It's extreme this year. The west has just destroyed the east this year. Something like 75-36-18 so far. Every team in the west is better than .500.

It will be interesting to see how many more points the west earns than the east when the season is done. Right now, it's 600 v. 551, which is fairly extreme, and that doesn't include tonight's games, where the west earned 5 of 7 points v. the east.

At the end of the year, the playoffs in the west could well come down to the teams that couldn't take care of business against the east being left out. Interestingly, the Coyotes have been only average against the east this year -- 10th in the western conference (5-4-0). But they have the best record in the NHL against the western conference -- just barely over the Kings pending tonight's outcome. The teams in the west will beat up on each other over the course of the year. You have to rack up points in those handful of games v. the east. Coyotes have, I think, 6 left. It would be nice to get 8 points out of those games.

Edit: Check that; they have 8 left v. the east.

Last edited by CitizenCoyote: 12-17-2009 at 10:58 PM.
CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 12:33 AM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyotesVisitor View Post
It's extreme this year. The west has just destroyed the east this year. Something like 75-36-18 so far. Every team in the west is better than .500.
Not anymore. I'm so upset the Ducks are under .500.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote