HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mueller to Rangers very close

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Loffen
Hadouken!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Yeah, ugh, he had a good rookie season all those two years ago when he was 19 years old.

We don't need that old fart Mueller at 21 years old, he's obviously reached his peak.

Yeah well. He has still struggled, and is still struggling under a new coach... The guy has 1 goal and 6 points in 28 GP.

Mueller has offensive potential and is still a young player, but he's quite a gamble IMO.

Old
12-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

im still unsure as to how the Yotes are in a position to demand anything of value for a player who is constantly a healthy scratch, and has been pretty horrible for a few years now.

Old
12-20-2009, 03:33 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
im still unsure as to how the Yotes are in a position to demand anything of value for a player who is constantly a healthy scratch, and has been pretty horrible for a few years now.
1 and 1/4 years is not a few years.

Old
12-20-2009, 04:05 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Higgins+ in a deal might work. Even though he is not scoring he is playing well. I don't knbow what the plus is but the Coyotes are a win now team and Higgins can contribute more today to this team than Mueller. Not sure what + would be but two Maloney faves that could figure here are Byers and Baranka.
I didn't think PHX would want Higgins but with the way they are going, they really need to push hard for both the playoffs and a deep playoff run. Trading for a UFA would work well for them especially at the trade deadline when the $ owed is low. I still think PHX could use Rosival for his $5M cap number and only $4M and $3M actual cap owed on the remaining two years.

Old
12-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
1 and 1/4 years is not a few years.
i round up using my own mathematical equation.

Old
12-20-2009, 04:13 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Why is anyone/everyone so eager to get this guy? Go read the Phoenix HF threads about him and they can't wait to dump him and call him "lazy" and question his drive. 1 G in 28 games and a healthy scratch over the past, what, 4 or 5? He's not the mid-season acquisition/project that we need right now.

Old
12-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Why is anyone/everyone so eager to get this guy? Go read the Phoenix HF threads about him and they can't wait to dump him and call him "lazy" and question his drive. 1 G in 28 games and a healthy scratch over the past, what, 4 or 5? He's not the mid-season acquisition/project that we need right now.
Because he should be the ideal player for a coach like John Tortorella.

A guy with inherant talent that needs some motivation. Then again, Zherdev basically imploded under Tortorella's watch, so Im kind of on the fence with this one.

Old
12-20-2009, 04:47 PM
XthedoodX

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I don't think muller is going to tear it up here, but if we dump higgins and they want potter, possibly sauer (who'd I'd rather keep) than I am all for this trade. Higgins just can't score to save his life, the dude is a good pk, 3rd liner, not 1st or 2nd line material and he will never thrive in new york period

Muller means boyle is on the 4th line where he belongs, and we can shift drury over to wing, maybe less defensive responsibility and more freedom will help him to get some offense
prospal-dubinsky-gaborik
avery-anisimov-callahan
drury-muller-lisin
brashear-boyle-voros

maybe christensen plays 4th line center, but either way i like that lineup more than what we got, plus i got voros in because he will actually fight and hit, he may not win many but we need another player besides callahan and avery willing to hit

Old
12-20-2009, 04:58 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Why would you get Mueller and put him on the 3rd line. You want his offensive talent to grow with Gaborik.

Old
12-20-2009, 05:01 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Why would you get Mueller and put him on the 3rd line. You want his offensive talent to grow with Gaborik.
Well I don't think you put a 1 goal scorer on the 1st line out of the gate. You can start him lower and as he earns his ice time you move him up.

Old
12-20-2009, 05:11 PM
XthedoodX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Yeah I am not going to set this kid up to fail, especially with Torts, so Muller and gaborik play together and gaborik doesn't score in the first 2 periods, come 3rd period muller is riding the bench. I will pass on that, play him with lisin who he knows from Phoenix and drury, a veteran who can help him... sounds like a decent start to me

Old
12-20-2009, 05:25 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Start with Deal #1 - Rozsival + Higgins + 2nd rounder 2011 + Kundratek to Phoenix for Mueller + Jovanovski

Add Deal #2 - Kotalik, Lisin, Potter to Montreal for the Kotitsyn BROTHERs

And finish with Deal #3 - Brashear + Christensen + Soryal + NYR:s outstanding future considerations (for The Specimen) + ?? to Nashville for Tootoo and Belak

• Waive Voros
  • Send down Johnsson
  • Recall Byers, Vally

FORWARDS
Marian Gaborik($7.500m) / Brandon Dubinsky ($1.850m)/ * Vaclav Prospal ($1.150m)
Ryan Callahan ($2.300m)/ Chris Drury ($7.050m)/ * P Mueller ($1.700m)
* A Kotitsyn ($3.250m)/ Artem Anisimov ($0.822m) / * S Kotitsyn ($0.817m)
* J Tootoo ($0.975m) / Brian Boyle ($0.525m)/ Sean Avery ($1.938m)

* Dane Byers ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
* Jovocop ($6.500m) / Wade Redden ($6.500m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / * Marc Staal ($0.826m)
Matt Gilroy ($1.750m) / * Daniel Girardi ($1.550m)

* W Belak ($0.650m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
* Steve Valiquette ($0.725m)

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $56.840m; CAP ROOM: $0.173m BONUSES: $0.212m

Tight squeeze capwise
And some very improbable scenarios
Yeah - probably just another delirium tremens from a man with the wine flu
We are stuck with what we got it appears....

Last edited by BBKers: 12-20-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old
12-20-2009, 05:40 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

A guy with inherant talent that needs some motivation. Then again, Zherdev basically imploded under Tortorella's watch, so Im kind of on the fence with this one.
A lot was always lost in translation with Zherdev though, you can tell from a lot of interviews that he just didn't know what was going on.

Old
12-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Start with Deal #1 - Rozsival + Higgins + 2nd rounder 2011 + Kundratek to Phoenix for Mueller + Jovanovski
Deal #1 gets denied by the Yotes. Absolutely horrible offer.

Quote:
Add Deal #2 - Kotalik, Lisin, Potter to Montreal for the Kotitsyn BROTHERs
Habs pass as well. Potter isn't going to sweeten any deal, Lisin doesn't have much value, and Kotalik has been benched on a team starving for offense. Why would the Habs trade away Andrei for that crap?

Quote:
And finish with Deal #3 - Brashear + Christensen + Soryal + NYR:s outstanding future considerations (for The Specimen) + ?? to Nashville for Tootoo and Belak
Christensen we picked up off of waivers. Why does Nashville give anything up for him?

Brashear's value, isn't exactly very high for the role he plays. Especially considering his age, and 1.4M cap hit for the next year and a half.

I don't even think these proposals would work in NHL-10.

Old
12-20-2009, 06:00 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I didn't think PHX would want Higgins but with the way they are going, they really need to push hard for both the playoffs and a deep playoff run. Trading for a UFA would work well for them especially at the trade deadline when the $ owed is low. I still think PHX could use Rosival for his $5M cap number and only $4M and $3M actual cap owed on the remaining two years.
The Coyotes don't need Rozsival. Jovo, Aucoin, Vandermeer, Michalek, and Yandle are an awesome top 5 right now. Lepisto and Schlemko are holding their own as the 6/7 Dmen...when Sauer comes back this defense is going to be even more stifling. Jovanovski won't waive his NTC, especially now that the team is doing well.

Old
12-20-2009, 06:30 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Deal #1 gets denied by the Yotes. Absolutely horrible offer.

Habs pass as well. Potter isn't going to sweeten any deal, Lisin doesn't have much value, and Kotalik has been benched on a team starving for offense. Why would the Habs trade away Andrei for that crap?

Christensen we picked up off of waivers. Why does Nashville give anything up for him?

Brashear's value, isn't exactly very high for the role he plays. Especially considering his age, and 1.4M cap hit for the next year and a half.

I don't even think these proposals would work in NHL-10.
Yeah, I kinda figured this all out
We are stuck with what we got...

Old
12-20-2009, 06:45 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
For the first and last time. Phoenix doesn't need defesemen now or in the future. They might take one as part of a deal but he (Sanguinetti) won't be the centerpiece. They need forwards.

That said, if Rozsival contunues his much improved play, he'll be easier to move somewhere in the offseason.

Old
12-20-2009, 06:57 PM
D713B

Quote:
I still think PHX could use Rosival for his $5M cap number and only $4M and $3M actual cap owed on the remaining two years.
I don't think Rozy will be going anywhere this season. Phoenix is pretty set on the back end, a team like Atlanta may have a serious interest in him this off-season though. They're roughly $7MM from the cap floor as it is and they have $27MM coming off of their books after this season, spread across 13 impending UFA's and RFA's. Three of those UFA's are on their blue line and include Pavel Kubina's $5MM cap hit.

Old
12-20-2009, 08:38 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
The Coyotes don't need Rozsival. Jovo, Aucoin, Vandermeer, Michalek, and Yandle are an awesome top 5 right now. Lepisto and Schlemko are holding their own as the 6/7 Dmen...when Sauer comes back this defense is going to be even more stifling. Jovanovski won't waive his NTC, especially now that the team is doing well.
oh, I forgot about Kurt Sauer! If Sather imbued his love for brothers in Maloney, M Sauer could be an important trade chip with PHX Sather can convice someone Rosival is a good deal for them. 7 more days of the freeze trade. Thank goodness I'm going away so I won't have to deal with a week of empty speculation!

Old
12-20-2009, 11:26 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:

Didn't a lot of people feel this way about Lisin?

Enough with the project players, let's go get someone that's at least SOMEWHAT proven.

Old
12-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Didn't a lot of people feel this way about Lisin?

Enough with the project players, let's go get someone that's at least SOMEWHAT proven.
Okay, who?

Old
12-21-2009, 11:31 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Okay, who?
And for what?

12-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Mueller did a pretty good job of proving himself his rookie season. His regression is alarming, but theres something there, and he can be had for a reduced price.

Why not?

Old
12-21-2009, 11:52 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Mueller did a pretty good job of proving himself his rookie season. His regression is alarming, but theres something there, and he can be had for a reduced price.

Why not?
I agree, steal a young offensive talent for a low price. A new address will motivate him.

Old
12-21-2009, 12:09 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
And for what?
Exactly. Unfortunately, these are the types of risks the Rangers need to take, in order to add talent.

Closed Thread