HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

David Krejci vs Joe Pavelski

View Poll Results: Better now and in the future?
Pavelski now, Krejci future 4 5.88%
Pavelski now and in the future 30 44.12%
Krejci now, Pavelski future 4 5.88%
Krejci now and in the future 30 44.12%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Sharp Skates

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwillie View Post
You love to call others homers and tell them to watch more games not featuring their favorite team, but please, take a look in the mirror.

Plekanec may be having a fantastic first half to this season, but watching these two players over the past couple of years, there's little doubt in mind that Krejci is a superior hockey player to Plekanec (and as much I'd love Pavelski, Krecji's superior to him as well).

Again, take your own advice. Quit being such a homer and pay closer to attention to the teams around you.
"Past couple of years" lol... Plekanec was better than Krejci in 07-08 and Krejci was better in 08-09, and now Plekanec is back to being awesome and by some unexplained magic, Pavelski AND Krejci are still superior to him? If Montreal had Krejci instead of Pleks they'd be kicking back with the Canes.

Sharp Skates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I just don't get it. In tonight game against Atlanta, the Habs win 4-3 in OT and Plekanec got 1 goal and 3 assits. He was one of the main reason (the other is Halak) we win a game where we have no business of winning and yet he is a nobody. Pavelski, Krejci will be allowed to have a bad season but not Plekanec. After tonight game (gane 38), Plekanec has 40 pts tied with Martin St Louis and Nicklas Backstrom at number 6th in league scoring and yet Pavelski, Krejci are ahead of him by a wide margin. Do you realize that Plekanec is only 3 pts behind Sidney Crosby? The hockey knowledge of people here is just mind boggling.
The Poll doesn't ask who has been better So Far This Season.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 10:47 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
The Poll doesn't ask who has been better So Far This Season.
I know the poll is not focusing on what the player is doing this season. My point is that you have have to judge a player based on what he was doing before, what he is doing presently, what his potential is like, and whether he is going to meet that potential or not. Plekanec is projected to be a second line center. He has done a good job as a second line center in the past (except last year). This year he has raised the bar to become a bonafide first line center. He has exceed his potential. Like Plekanec, Pavelski and Krejci are projected to be second line centers (Sharks/Bruins fans please correct me on this) and they have met their potential. Will they ever become first line centers? May be yes, may be no but Plekanec has already become a first line center. Pleaknec should have won these polls easily.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 12:32 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I know the poll is not focusing on what the player is doing this season. My point is that you have have to judge a player based on what he was doing before, what he is doing presently, what his potential is like, and whether he is going to meet that potential or not. Plekanec is projected to be a second line center. He has done a good job as a second line center in the past (except last year). This year he has raised the bar to become a bonafide first line center. He has exceed his potential. Like Plekanec, Pavelski and Krejci are projected to be second line centers (Sharks/Bruins fans please correct me on this) and they have met their potential. Will they ever become first line centers? May be yes, may be no but Plekanec has already become a first line center. Pleaknec should have won these polls easily.
Plekanec is not even in this poll. So it would be tough for him to win a poll he isn't even an option in.

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Wario Lemieux*

Suddenly a Wild Plekanec Appears!

In the poll of Pavelski vs Krejci, I think it's even. Pavelski has a better offensive game and better intangibles, but is smaller and older. Krejci is a better skater and is younger. Pavelski is better right now, but Krejci probably has more trade value.

Wario Lemieux* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 08:45 PM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

Pavelski now and in the future.

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote