HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Redden and Kotalik need to keep sitting

Old
12-18-2009, 08:20 AM
pardonme

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
O'Sullivan is in the dog house in Edmonton. Wonder if they would take back Kotalik and Higgins for say O Sullivan and Nilson............salaries work out
Everyone complains about this team being soft and you wanna trade for a guy that avoids contact like the plague?

pardonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 08:27 AM
lundqvistfan33

dont fix what isnt broke...redden and kotalik sit out until further notice

lundqvistfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 08:35 AM
LamoTheKid

Ummm, as much as I hate Redden, and we got a big win last night, we'd be in big trouble against any other team with the defense playing like it did last night. Redden will be back, hopefully with some snarl.

I was informed that last night was the first time hes been healthy scratched, even after refusing to waive his ntc in Ottawa, is this true? Maybe he'll respond properly. If not, he'll be sitting in the box as an embarassment to not only himself, but to Sather. Win-Win afaic.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Garv23

Kotalik yes. Redden, absolutely not. In my opinion, he was missed last night. I thought Sanguinetti looked very shakey. Unlike this place, I can look past the rediculous contract and see that for most of the year, Redden has been very solid.

Kotalik I just plain don't like. With the exception of a good PP threat, this guy adds nothing. His sad shootout attempt a few games ago cemented that fact.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
The die has been cast by Torts. There is nothing left for him to do. Drury and Redden have been called out, Rosie has been earlier as well.

If they dont respond with at least two straight solid weeks of hockey and they still lose all these 1-on-1 battles, then you will see movement.

Redden's contract wont look too bad in two years when Drury and Rosie are gone. By that time our young guys will carry this team alongside Henrik and Gabby who still won't have reached 30.

The situation isnt dire. We just have to suck it up this year and let our kids develop.
Reddens contract will always look bad...he is a third pair defensemen at best and at 6.5 a year, is the worst of the worst...worse then Holik, worse then Kasper, worse then Rosie's and even worse then Drury and that is almost impossible

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 08:59 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post
Redden will be back, hopefully with some snarl.
Really?

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:03 AM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Really?
I did say hopefully. didn't say he WOULD.

Old
12-18-2009, 09:04 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
Kotalik yes. Redden, absolutely not. In my opinion, he was missed last night. I thought Sanguinetti looked very shakey. Unlike this place, I can look past the rediculous contract and see that for most of the year, Redden has been very solid.

Kotalik I just plain don't like. With the exception of a good PP threat, this guy adds nothing. His sad shootout attempt a few games ago cemented that fact.
What is it that you like about Redden. He doesn't hit anyone, doesn't play good defense and doesn't score...

He chases guys around the back of the net, he lets guys get 2nd and 3rd chances.

Guy is a waste of a roster space. Bobby might be shaky because he is young and nervous....Redden is shaky because he just plain sucks. He would be a bad defensemen @ 2, especially bad @ 4 and down right embrassing @ 6.5

Old
12-18-2009, 09:09 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Its up to Torts if he wants to put Redden back in or not.

But if and when he does, I'd like to see HALF of the passion he was reported showing in the argument with Tortorella on the ice. Just Half. I think that would help his game along.

Let's get something straight here though. Redden has been better than last year, yeah - he has. But lets not make him out to be Lidstrom. He still has made a boatload of mental mistakes, has given the puck away numerous occasions on a game to game basis and he hasnt been as crisp a passer as some think. His positioning and toughness around the net has been as bad as anyone on the team as well IMO.

This team is 22nd in the NHL in Goals Against avg. after hovering in the top 5 to start the year. If hes the best defenseman on the team then thats not saying much- hes got to step up and lead... not to mention put up some points. Hes got the contract and he has no right to whine about anything.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

But if and when he does, I'd like to see HALF of the passion he was reported showing in the argument with Tortorella on the ice. Just Half. I think that would help his game along.

Let's get something straight here though. Redden has been better than last year, yeah - he has. But lets not make him out to be Lidstrom. He still has made a boatload of mental mistakes, has given the puck away numerous occasions on a game to game basis and he hasnt been as crisp a passer as some think. His positioning and toughness around the net has been as bad as anyone on the team as well IMO.

This team is 22nd in the NHL in Goals Against avg. after hovering in the top 5 to start the year. If hes the best defenseman on the team then thats not saying much- hes got to step up and lead... not to mention put up some points. Hes got the contract and he has no right to whine about anything.
Well said...he is better then last year but last year he was the worst defensemen in NHL...so, that is not saying much.

Old
12-18-2009, 09:13 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
What is it that you like about Redden. He doesn't hit anyone, doesn't play good defense and doesn't score...

He chases guys around the back of the net, he lets guys get 2nd and 3rd chances.

Guy is a waste of a roster space. Bobby might be shaky because he is young and nervous....Redden is shaky because he just plain sucks. He would be a bad defensemen @ 2, especially bad @ 4 and down right embrassing @ 6.5

Old
12-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Garv23

Quote:

I don't like Redden. I'm just not going to sit here and say he hasn't been a solid top 4 for us most of the year just because of his retarded contract and lack of physicality. He has been good, like it or not and he isn't going anywhere. It's really a waste of breath with the hating in my opinion.

Judging by your posts here lately, Orr Nightmare, you won't be happy until we get Dave Manson.

Old
12-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
What is it that you like about Redden.
The defense is a lot, and I mean a whole lot, better with him in the lineup.

Sanguinetti looks as ready for the NHL as he did 2 weeks ago. That is, not ready.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:23 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
I'm just not going to sit here and say he hasn't been a solid top 4 for us most of the year just because of his retarded contract and lack of physicality.
My stool is solid. That doesn't mean I want to see it on ice.

Old
12-18-2009, 09:24 AM
BleedTheBlue4928

Ill tell ya guys, i was in the front row behind the bench for last nights game and for the first time in a few games somebody besides prospal show somewhat of a thing called "passion"? Everyone seemed into it the coaching was into it and overall the attitude seemed different than past games. I mean after all we didn't play a flawless game but hey i believe sending the message by benching these two underachievers was a "baby step" in the right direction

BleedTheBlue4928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:26 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I hate myself for agreeing with you, but it's true.

And I'll say this, that pre-game Redden interview was the most emotion I've seen out of him since he signed his contract. Maybe this will wake him up.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:27 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Come on, the D has been ***** with him and it was ***** without him. He is not a difference maker. He is another unnoticeable warm body that doesn't dare touch another player.

This was all I needed to see about Redden. And i will keep on posting it to anyone that thinks the guy has a shred of balls. You see your goalie get run and you skate away? Disgrace to the sweater.

Old
12-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Garv23

Quote:
My stool is solid. That doesn't mean I want to see it on ice.
that got a good laugh out of me

Still though man, I'd love a good physical guy back there. I was real disappointed to not get a guy like Orpik. But the fact is, Redden is here for a while and like it or not, he's played pretty well. The $ is what it is unfortunately and is a waste of time mulling over.

Anyway, that's just how I sees it.

Old
12-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
I don't like Redden. I'm just not going to sit here and say he hasn't been a solid top 4 for us most of the year just because of his retarded contract and lack of physicality. He has been good, like it or not and he isn't going anywhere. It's really a waste of breath with the hating in my opinion.

Judging by your posts here lately, Orr Nightmare, you won't be happy until we get Dave Manson.
You know what would make me happy 3 mobile dmen and 3 defensive dmen.

Leetch-Beaukeboom x 3.

shouldn't be that hard to accomplish.

Old
12-18-2009, 09:35 AM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

Whos making him out to be Lidstrom? Seriously, show me one post in here comparing Redden to Lidstrom. Most of us have been posting exactly what you wrote in your first paragraph, except for the people with the idiot goggles on who would call him a ***** for saving a person from a fire, but forgetting their luggage.

EDIT: I'm not defending the guy at all but sometimes people really need to take off the goggles and hope for what sbest for the team. If he comes back and its the standard thing, then we can go back to the HATE HATE HATE but jeez people, lets give him a game before we rebury him ok?

Old
12-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Come on, the D has been ***** with him and it was ***** without him. He is not a difference maker. He is another unnoticeable warm body that doesn't dare touch another player.

This was all I needed to see about Redden. And i will keep on posting it to anyone that thinks the guy has a shred of balls. You see your goalie get run and you skate away? Disgrace to the sweater.

Do you even know if he continued to skate away? We (or I) don't even know if he just saw it at the time of the photo and then skated to Hank...his skates are angled to the right.

Anthony Mauro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Whos making him out to be Lidstrom? Seriously, show me one post in here comparing Redden to Lidstrom. Most of us have been posting exactly what you wrote in your first paragraph, except for the people with the idiot goggles on who would call him a ***** for saving a person from a fire, but forgetting their luggage.

EDIT: I'm not defending the guy at all but sometimes people really need to take off the goggles and hope for what sbest for the team. If he comes back and its the standard thing, then we can go back to the HATE HATE HATE but jeez people, lets give him a game before we rebury him ok?
You think i want the guy to suck?

I want him to be great but it is never going to happen and for his contract to be on our books it will be a detriment to the organization until it is off.

We are a marginal team who will not make the playoffs...what is the sense of keeping someone like that on the roster...cut your loses and start over.

Old
12-18-2009, 09:49 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:

Its a generality, jeees, relax.

Im just pointing out that hes been better, but not great by any means. In some points of his game hes still below average, and for someone who is considered one of the top defenseman on the team, whether you think thats justified or not (salary aside) he still has to do alot more to help this team win.

The screaming match with Torts didnt help how i see him though. This is a guy who shows no outward passion during the game. None. I find it odd that he gets so emotional when the coach takes the game away from him, yet when he has it that fire is non-existent. Its great he wants to be in the lineup. But he should be just as mad if he makes a bad play or if someone runs Henrik. I just dont see it. And i've been one of the posters supporting his play earlier this year btw.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Do you even know if he continued to skate away? We (or I) don't even know if he just saw it at the time of the photo and then skated to Hank...his skates are angled to the right.
What is this the JFK conspiracy...the guy saw Hank get run and skated away...he didn't skate back and challenge the guy.

Old
12-18-2009, 09:55 AM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
What is this the JFK conspiracy...the guy saw Hank get run and skated away...he didn't skate back and challenge the guy.
You see, Redden skated from the front, to the left.

From the front.

To the left.

And looked to his right.

Meanwhile Girardi was hit on his right, proving that there was another skater on the grassy knoll.