HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nobody in the top-30 Hits.

Old
12-18-2009, 12:05 AM
habsfans333*

vCash: 500
Nobody in the top-30 Hits.

We don't have any single player in the top-30 for hits, or close to it...Previous year:

08-09: Komisarek (25th) - Begin (28th)
07-08: Komisarek (2th) - Bouillon (26th)
06-07: Komisarek (4th) - Begin (26th)
05-06: Begin (7th) - Bouillon (18th) - Komisarek (26th)

First time since the lockout we dont have any player among leader for hits. Its affecting our effectiveness overall, we are SOFT, we don't grind anything. Even if Komisarek is a traitor, I miss his rugged play.

Habs definitly needs to remove our ineffective 3rd and 4th liners by actually real grinders.

habsfans333* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 12:07 AM
habsfans333*

On NHL.com, look our numbers of hits of each player. Its pathetic.

Cream puff.

Old
12-18-2009, 12:53 AM
JackZap

team is too passive, thats on JM

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 01:00 AM
eightyseven

I hate JM's coaching. Why they are playing a trap system? Hartsburg in Ottawa tried a 1-2-2 system that sucked. The Sens would always lose if they didn't score the 1st goal under Hartsburg. Sound familiar?? Cory Clouston makes them use a 2-man aggressive forecheck and they are winning now.

However, this team is LACKING SIZE. The board battles are non-existent, the effort is there but the small guys have trouble along the boards due to size. (Gomez, Plek, Cammy, etc).

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 01:01 AM
Miller Time

nice to see we took advantage of having so many UFA's to rebuild our team and improve the lack of toughness that has plagued us for so long...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 01:07 AM
habsfans333*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
nice to see we took advantage of having so many UFA's to rebuild our team and improve the lack of toughness that has plagued us for so long...
Its worst than ever.

I was looking team by team, we're among the last for numbers of hits. Nobody play hard.

Old
12-18-2009, 01:13 AM
eightyseven

I saw Cammy hit today but what do you expect? Our top 6 are small, they can't throw a good check.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 01:51 AM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
I saw Cammy hit today but what do you expect? Our top 6 are small, they can't throw a good check.
Kostitsyn can.

But if you're expecting Kostitsyn to lead your team with his physical play, well...

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 06:12 AM
dcyhabs

Yup. Other teams have no fear of wandering in the habs zone as no one will hit them hard. The habs fear the offensive zone and get hammered by other teams especially as those teams know by now that they can do pretty much anything without getting penalized.

It is not likely to change, though. The habs don't have any physical prospects. The hitters with the bulldogs are long-term AHL guys, not prospects.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 06:20 AM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

We traded the only one player that was still hitting for us...

Go back and see our stats of 2007-2008. That was the closest to a "hard" team we ever had.

Presently, besides Moen...

...and we sent down White who was the most physical player I saw this year on the roster...

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 01:27 PM
habsfans333*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarto View Post
We traded the only one player that was still hitting for us...

Go back and see our stats of 2007-2008. That was the closest to a "hard" team we ever had.

Presently, besides Moen...

...and we sent down White who was the most physical player I saw this year on the roster...
Exactly....White had 40 hits in 13 games.... Way better than anyone...

Moen is leading with 79 hits...
AK 46 is 3rd on the team.

Just look at Pittsburgh...They have Orpik at 104...Adams at 95, Rupp at 90, Cooke not far away, Kennedy, Staal etc.

We lack true grinders.

I would take Begin back lol. Even if I wasn't a fan.

Old
12-18-2009, 01:55 PM
tchendoh

Send a message via ICQ to tchendoh Send a message via MSN to tchendoh Send a message via Yahoo to tchendoh
Nobody hits on this team. There is MaxPac that tries to hit once every 3 games and the other team beat him up the next shift so he stops.

What a great team Gainey has formed.

tchendoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:23 PM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
I hate JM's coaching. Why they are playing a trap system? Hartsburg in Ottawa tried a 1-2-2 system that sucked. The Sens would always lose if they didn't score the 1st goal under Hartsburg. Sound familiar?? Cory Clouston makes them use a 2-man aggressive forecheck and they are winning now.

However, this team is LACKING SIZE. The board battles are non-existent, the effort is there but the small guys have trouble along the boards due to size. (Gomez, Plek, Cammy, etc).
Martin's trademark is the trap. His entire years in Ottawa were about that. And his firing had much to do with the playoff failures but also the management thought players like Spezza would thrive in a more offensive system.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Turboflex*

I think it's the coaching, they are a bit small but they're not made of porcelin, size and hitting are not really related. I see lots of times where a hab player easily has a chance to finish his hit on a Dman who just played the puck, but peels off instead, and it could be a player who we've seen hit too (like the Kostitsyns). Definitely a coaching thing.

Doesn't help that we have no 4th line tho. Right now it's what, Pyatt & Laraque? Brutal, neither should be in NHL. When we have a team back you can put Lapierre as 4th line C, put Dagger on his wing (he can hit), then park MAB there or call up Ryan White. Then you have 3 solid young guys with speed and who know how to get hands dirty, out to hit.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:58 PM
prevail

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchendoh View Post
Nobody hits on this team. There is MaxPac that tries to hit once every 3 games and the other team beat him up the next shift so he stops.

What a great team Gainey has formed.
Pacs is a good player, whether you fans want to admit it or not, he puts himself in harm's way every game, even if he gets wrecked by a body check, he doesn't just give up, he'll go back into that death zone next shift...

Funny how you call out a player who is 5th in hits, 5th in takeaways, and say he pretty much is terrible defensively and contributes nothing.

If you miss Guillaume's "I will skate really hard and miss the player but hit the boards so it makes a loud noise and looks like I actually did something", then something is wrong. No wonder young players have no confidence in their game when every day it's a different player and a different reason to hate them.

prevail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Like I said in another thread. I was told by a coach "If you're going to skate 50 feet to force the guy to make a play, take two steps and hit him.

Now you know why I'm lobbying for Clowe.

A leafs moderator suggested Halak for Carcillo. Well, I wouldn't do that, but it could be my bias, but Carcillo is an interesting player. He can actually play the game, hits, he's intense, so imagine how he would be with the backing of the bell centre. He does stupid plays, but so does Laraque.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by prevail View Post
Pacs is a good player, whether you fans want to admit it or not, he puts himself in harm's way every game, even if he gets wrecked by a body check, he doesn't just give up, he'll go back into that death zone next shift...

Funny how you call out a player who is 5th in hits, 5th in takeaways, and say he pretty much is terrible defensively and contributes nothing.

If you miss Guillaume's "I will skate really hard and miss the player but hit the boards so it makes a loud noise and looks like I actually did something", then something is wrong. No wonder young players have no confidence in their game when every day it's a different player and a different reason to hate them.
The imbalance in hitting was emphasized in the game against the Wild. Let's not pretend that opponents are afraid of Latendresse. His physical play is overrated.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Like I said in another thread. I was told by a coach "If you're going to skate 50 feet to force the guy to make a play, take two steps and hit him.

Now you know why I'm lobbying for Clowe.

A leafs moderator suggested Halak for Carcillo. Well, I wouldn't do that, but it could be my bias, but Carcillo is an interesting player. He can actually play the game, hits, he's intense, so imagine how he would be with the backing of the bell centre. He does stupid plays, but so does Laraque.
Laraque for Carcillo would suit me better than Halak for Carcillo.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:22 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
The imbalance in hitting was emphasized in the game against the Wild. Let's not pretend that opponents are afraid of Latendresse. His physical play is overrated.
this team had some bite that 1st game, it all went away. I think JM castrated the boys

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 06:29 PM
tchendoh

Send a message via ICQ to tchendoh Send a message via MSN to tchendoh Send a message via Yahoo to tchendoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by prevail View Post

You misunderstood me. I like MaxPac and feel bad for him cause he's the only one that even tries.

I don't know why you switch to Guillaume after that.

tchendoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
On NHL.com, look our numbers of hits of each player. Its pathetic.

Cream puff.
Habs =

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 06:45 PM
LaurentHou*

I want Cal Clutterbuck.

LaurentHou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 07:08 PM
prevail

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchendoh View Post
You misunderstood me. I like MaxPac and feel bad for him cause he's the only one that even tries.

I don't know why you switch to Guillaume after that.
Oh I see, my bad I'm just getting tired of seeing so much negativity on players. And I switched to Gui cause I meant to reply to others who commented on his role with the Habs and just don't know how to multi quote

prevail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
We don't have any single player in the top-30 for hits, or close to it...Previous year:

08-09: Komisarek (25th) - Begin (28th)
07-08: Komisarek (2th) - Bouillon (26th)
06-07: Komisarek (4th) - Begin (26th)
05-06: Begin (7th) - Bouillon (18th) - Komisarek (26th)

First time since the lockout we dont have any player among leader for hits. Its affecting our effectiveness overall, we are SOFT, we don't grind anything. Even if Komisarek is a traitor, I miss his rugged play.

Habs definitly needs to remove our ineffective 3rd and 4th liners by actually real grinders.
Is that pronounced the same as the word "tooth"?

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote