HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PITT colour commentary

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2009, 11:58 AM
UseYourAllusion

vCash: 500
And this, is why all sports on every channel are best watched on mute.

Old
12-18-2009, 12:00 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig48 View Post
lol.... oh I didn't realize its a fact... link?
You're really saying you don't believe that Crosby is a diver and want a link that explains that he is?

I understand you're a Pittsburgh fan, but I mean, really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichards18
Yea, it's getting old and annoying. Do we know if he's ever gotten called for diving/unsportmanlike? I'd be interested to see that.

As you point out, he probably has the best leg strength/balance of anyone in the league, but what's more annoying to me is that his legs will give way when they're not the part of his body that's affected. Someone hooks him in the midsection -- suddenly his legs buckle. As I already pointed out, he's the best in the game and he's got a Cup ring...he needs to give up the diving act. You don't need to do it to be the player that you are, show that you're the captain that you're supposed to be and stop the diving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Yeah...I mean he scores some fantastic goals where he battles through all kinds of crap...and then he gets tapped (maybe) on the visor and loses all bodily function below his shoulders. Now, if it was a serious blow to the head...this can happen, but there is no way you can construe that as a serious blow (it's unclear if it even hit him).

In that game Letang took a pretty good high stick from Giroux...did he fall down?
Exactly. I mean, throwing back your head when you get slashed is one thing. It's embellishment, but the refs tend to not call it otherwise. Having your legs go to jelly when your visor (not even your body) gets touched is just so, so sad.

Old
12-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Jester

Quote:
its funny because I have to watch center ice so i hear all the various home announcers.... and the only one who talks about Crosby diving are the Flyers announcers... homer hate much?
Then you clearly aren't watching as much as you think you are, because the Crosby whines/dives is a meme well established around the league. Hell, the players voted him the whiniest player in the league.

If you don't think he "embellished" that Carcillo penalty to holy hell last night than you're a non-redeemable homer.

Old
12-18-2009, 12:14 PM
fire bettman

Quote:
its funny because I have to watch center ice so i hear all the various home announcers.... and the only one who talks about Crosby diving are the Flyers announcers... homer hate much?
That's just untrue. Almost everyone makes comments about it, and in my opinion, they don't comment on it enough because it's so blatantly obvious that it's part of Pittsburgh's game (not just Crosby) to embellish so they can draw the penalty... it's frustrating to anyone who respects the integrity of this game so get used to it.

As far as Pittsburgh's announcers go, they are extremely homerish but no one is worse then Chico. His fascination with Brodeur is downright disturbing and it's rediculous how many times you have to hear "MAAAHHHTTTYY!!!" during a game. I tried to make a drinking game out of it one time with my buddy and we'd take a sip everytime we heard "Mahhhtyyy" and we had to stop in fear of alcohol poisoning. On top of that, Chico makes the lucky bounces that the devils get seem like they are completely pre-meditated and intentional, like the devils are so talented that they MAKE weird bounces happen in their favor.

That being said, I'd listen to Chico's obnoxious commentary any day over Pittsburgh's but that's because I hate Crosby ass kissing wayyyyy more then I hate Brodeur ass kissing. I can understand the immense amount of respect and appreciation people have for Brodeur because as much as I hate him, no one is as accomplished as much as Brodeur has. Crosby hasn't accomplished anything but coming into the league at the perfect time for Bettman to market him as the NHL's messiah.... (before I take any heat for saying Crosby hasn't accomplished anything... Obviously he has, but I don't respect the way he does it.)

Old
12-18-2009, 12:14 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCannon87 View Post
We should hire Roenick to be our new color commentator. I mean he's out of a job right now...
Thats the best idea ever.

Maybe Coatsey/JR tag team?

Im digging it

Old
12-18-2009, 12:17 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Thats the best idea ever.

Maybe Coatsey/JR tag team?

Im digging it
I. Love. This.

Old
12-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Florentino Ariza

I think the real enemy is Fox Sports.

Old
12-18-2009, 12:19 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
I. Love. This.
I feel like my TV would break because of all the alcohol consumption/poisoning that would be going on.

Old
12-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire bettman View Post
That's just untrue. Almost everyone makes comments about it, and in my opinion, they don't comment on it enough because it's so blatantly obvious that it's part of Pittsburgh's game (not just Crosby) to embellish so they can draw the penalty... it's frustrating to anyone who respects the integrity of this game so get used to it.

As far as Pittsburgh's announcers go, they are extremely homerish but no one is worse then Chico. His fascination with Brodeur is downright disturbing and it's rediculous how many times you have to hear "MAAAHHHTTTYY!!!" during a game. I tried to make a drinking game out of it one time with my buddy and we'd take a sip everytime we heard "Mahhhtyyy" and we had to stop in fear of alcohol poisoning. On top of that, Chico makes the lucky bounces that the devils get seem like they are completely pre-meditated and intentional, like the devils are so talented that they MAKE weird bounces happen in their favor.

That being said, I'd listen to Chico's obnoxious commentary any day over Pittsburgh's but that's because I hate Crosby ass kissing wayyyyy more then I hate Brodeur ass kissing. I can understand the immense amount of respect and appreciation people have for Brodeur because as much as I hate him, no one is as accomplished as much as Brodeur has. Crosby hasn't accomplished anything but coming into the league at the perfect time for Bettman to market him as the NHL's messiah.... (before I take any heat for saying Crosby hasn't accomplished anything... Obviously he has, but I don't respect the way he does it.)
The thing with Chico is that...he might be drunk, and I mean 10 beers drunk before each game. He doesn't seem to have any idea what is going on half the time. His homerism also doesn't manifest itself as antagonistic towards the opposition...just always-seeing-the-bright-side for the Devs. In many ways, he's a worse version of Coatesy (who annoys me a ton). One problem with Chico is that if you're one of the folks that doesn't like Emerick (know quite a few), then that's not a fun broadcast at all.

The Pitt crew is just pathetic...

As for your point about personal opinion of Crosby...I'm in the same boat, and it makes me sad. I hate teams, but rarely players. The only players I dislike are the dip****s that are out there doing dangerous crap (Kasparitis), or who engage in a level of douchebaggery that I just can't get past (Avery, Barnaby, etc). I loathe Crosby. I hate his diving. I hate the attention he gets even when he has nothing to do with what's going on. I hate all the bandwagon Pitt fans that appeared all the sudden upon his arrival (similar to the Buffalo bandwagon that blew up when they got good).

Sadly, he's going to be one of the best NHL players of my lifetime and I get zero enjoyment out of watching him play. Only elite player in my life I can say that of. As a point of comparison...I love watching Malkin play.

Old
12-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Florentino Ariza

Yawn. Every good player embellishes. Richards tried to throw a cheap shot at Letang last night and he ran Fleury earlier in the year. Every player has flaws!

Old
12-18-2009, 12:25 PM
fire bettman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I feel like my TV would break because of all the alcohol consumption/poisoning that would be going on.
And JR wouldn't even be discreet about it either, he wouldn't care, he would just have a cooler full of beer in that box in the middle of the benches and throw the empty bottles at the refs when he's done with him.

And think about how awesome Coatsey and Roenick's Corner would be.

WHY HASN'T THIS HAPPENED YET!!??

Old
12-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goncharz View Post
Yawn. Every good player embellishes.
Not to the extent that Crosby does. In pretty much every game he's played against the Flyers, for example, I can recall at least one dubious incident. Some of them epically so...the infamous "slash of GOD" from Smith that led his glove and helmet falling off, and his legs failing him (again) is probably my favorite.

Quote:
Richards tried to throw a cheap shot at Letang last night and he ran Fleury earlier in the year.
He "ran Fleury" going for the puck in the dying seconds of a game? The thread on the main board that Pens fans started and flooded concerning that play should have caused a collective renunciation of your "man cards" as a fanbase.

Quote:
Every player has flaws!
True.

Old
12-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Miss Mess

Yeah I was getting annoyed by their announcer guys last night too. Did they say anything remotely positive about the Flyers at all? It was just 'Hartnell did this' and 'Carcillo did that'... jeez. I muted it during the 2nd.

Old
12-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Riggs
Kaptain

I think it's a testament to how horrible they are that it can bring Pens and Flyers fans together to hate them.

Old
12-18-2009, 01:26 PM
JSTAFF

I personally am tired of seeing Penguins avatar's in this board.

/thread

Old
12-18-2009, 01:36 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
getting too hot in here

Closed Thread