HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LK to Norfolk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2009, 11:08 AM
  #1
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,160
vCash: 500
LK to Norfolk

Per Bolts just a few moments ago.

Still All In is offline  
Old
12-18-2009, 11:09 AM
  #2
Tokala
Registered User
 
Tokala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,871
vCash: 500
Saw that on facebook. Anyone wanna bet that Smaby is still going to be a healthy scratch?

Tokala is offline  
Old
12-18-2009, 11:11 AM
  #3
CSampson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,212
vCash: 500
After that ****ing giveaway I would hope so.

CSampson is offline  
Old
12-18-2009, 11:24 AM
  #4
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates
 
X0X0A0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,068
vCash: 50
Sorry for your loss gob
Posted via Mobile Device

X0X0A0 is offline  
Old
12-18-2009, 12:17 PM
  #5
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
Saw that on facebook. Anyone wanna bet that Smaby is still going to be a healthy scratch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Want Revenge View Post
Sorry for your loss gob
Posted via Mobile Device

Still All In is offline  
Old
12-18-2009, 12:31 PM
  #6
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
Saw that on facebook. Anyone wanna bet that Smaby is still going to be a healthy scratch?
Is there any question?

Smaby's constant scratches are making me compare him to the legend, Mike Vellinga. Back in the day, probably 1998-99, Vellinga was technically on the Solar Bears roster, pretty much for the entire season, but I never saw him play once, even though I had season tickets and knew that team inside and out. I'm sure that Vellinga #3 is just a sweater they brought along with them. Like drafting Taro Tsujmoto. I never saw him in the warmup either. It wasn't like the Solar Bears were short on guys or anything. That's probably why he never played. If he ever existed. Maybe he didn't know he was on the team?

I remember another STH'er actually regularly wore a Vellinga sweater after that season. I don't know if it was just cheap, or she was basically in on the joke.

The primary difference between Smaby and Vellinga is that we actually know who Matt Smaby is and can hype him. I'm still not convinced that Mike Vellinga is an actual person.


Last edited by Felonious Python: 12-18-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Felonious Python is offline  
Old
12-18-2009, 01:00 PM
  #7
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates
 
X0X0A0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,068
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Is there any question?

Smaby's constant scratches are making me compare him to the legend, Mike Vellinga. Back in the day, probably 1998-99, Vellinga was technically on the Solar Bears roster, pretty much for the entire season, but I never saw him play once, even though I had season tickets and knew that team inside and out. I'm sure that Vellinga #3 is just a sweater they brought along with them. Like drafting Taro Tsujmoto. I never saw him in the warmup either. It wasn't like the Solar Bears were short on guys or anything. That's probably why he never played. If he ever existed. Maybe he didn't know he was on the team?

I remember another STH'er actually regularly wore a Vellinga sweater after that season. I don't know if it was just cheap, or she was basically in on the joke.

The primary difference between Smaby and Vellinga is that we actually know who Matt Smaby is and can hype him. I'm still not convinced that Mike Vellinga is an actual person.
According to hockeydb he did play one game with the Solar Bears!
Posted via Mobile Device

X0X0A0 is offline  
Old
12-18-2009, 01:44 PM
  #8
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,921
vCash: 500
Merry Christmas to you Mr. Lawton as well.

Doctor Drej is offline  
Old
12-18-2009, 01:58 PM
  #9
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 14,096
vCash: 500
So LK will go from taking ice time away from Smaby at the NHL level to possibly playing over prospects in Norfolk. Fantastic.

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Old
12-18-2009, 02:00 PM
  #10
Bolt32
Registered User
 
Bolt32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Phillips View Post
Merry Christmas to you Mr. Lawton as well.
My thoughts exactly.

Bolt32 is offline  
Old
12-18-2009, 02:06 PM
  #11
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
So LK will go from taking ice time away from Smaby at the NHL level to possibly playing over prospects in Norfolk. Fantastic.
If it helps someone like Lashoff or Quick remove heads from colons, its fine by me.

Still All In is offline  
Old
12-18-2009, 02:15 PM
  #12
kisin
Registered User
 
kisin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 189
vCash: 500
Krajicek in Norfolk,finally.And now,IMHO we should recall Mike Lundin,because his defensive play is perfect.We need him more than Hale ... and I hope,Krajicek will be a good mentor for Lashoff.Matt's self-confidence is the past at this moment ...

kisin is offline  
Old
12-18-2009, 02:15 PM
  #13
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates
 
X0X0A0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,068
vCash: 50
He's probably a very good AHL defenseman. Anything that helps Tokarski in Norfolk is okay with me.
Posted via Mobile Device

X0X0A0 is offline  
Old
12-18-2009, 04:48 PM
  #14
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 19,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
So LK will go from taking ice time away from Smaby at the NHL level to possibly playing over prospects in Norfolk. Fantastic.
or he could be like a example: this is what not to do...this will get you sent down.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
12-18-2009, 10:06 PM
  #15
Yzerplan
I has one.
 
Yzerplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,044
vCash: 500
Can't wait till I can't remember who Lukas Krajicek is anymore...good riddance.

Yzerplan is offline  
Old
12-18-2009, 10:17 PM
  #16
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates
 
X0X0A0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,068
vCash: 50
We win the first night LK is sent to Norfolk.

Coincidence? Of course not.

X0X0A0 is offline  
Old
12-18-2009, 10:43 PM
  #17
Sky Energy
 
Sky Energy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Riga, Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Finally.

Sky Energy is offline  
Old
12-19-2009, 01:47 AM
  #18
Yzerplan
I has one.
 
Yzerplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,044
vCash: 500
How long till he bolts for the KHL? One, maybe two weeks?

Yzerplan is offline  
Old
12-19-2009, 07:47 AM
  #19
BRichards19
 
BRichards19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: TAMPA...... BAY!
Country: United States
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Want Revenge View Post
We win the first night LK is sent to Norfolk.
That's the FIRST thing I thought off too!

Turning point in the season?

BRichards19 is offline  
Old
12-20-2009, 12:23 AM
  #20
Jon Jordan
 
Jon Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
How long till he bolts for the KHL? One, maybe two weeks?
Very possible.

He WON'T be back with the Bolts and it also looks highly unlikely that he will even be placed on re-entries - at least not any time soon.

JJ

Jon Jordan is offline  
Old
12-20-2009, 12:54 AM
  #21
gobolt7
Registered User
 
gobolt7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Florida.
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
So LK will go from taking ice time away from Smaby at the NHL level to possibly playing over prospects in Norfolk. Fantastic.
Someone gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Jordan View Post
Very possible.

He WON'T be back with the Bolts and it also looks highly unlikely that he will even be placed on re-entries - at least not any time soon.

JJ
Why not put him on re-entry and see if someone who may lose a defensemen bites?

I cant see what the point is in him taking any ice time in Norfolk right now...

gobolt7 is offline  
Old
12-20-2009, 02:30 PM
  #22
kinggelato
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
Someone gets it.



Why not put him on re-entry and see if someone who may lose a defensemen bites?

I cant see what the point is in him taking any ice time in Norfolk right now...
Same reason he was getting 18 minutes of ice time in the NHL. How can you go from the 2nd sometimes first line to the team wants nothing to do with you anymore. It doesnt make sense. He should have been demoted long ago.

kinggelato is offline  
Old
12-20-2009, 09:39 PM
  #23
Shadeslayer813
Registered User
 
Shadeslayer813's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Drum
Country: United States
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggelato View Post
Same reason he was getting 18 minutes of ice time in the NHL. How can you go from the 2nd sometimes first line to the team wants nothing to do with you anymore. It doesnt make sense. He should have been demoted long ago.
They were trying to showcase him but the more they played him the more he messed up.

Shadeslayer813 is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 01:55 AM
  #24
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,160
vCash: 500
I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt and say he wasn't horrible, but he wasn't good, either.

You know, maybe the A will be great for him. I hope he finds his game and someone picks him up and he thrives and has a great career.

Still All In is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:57 AM
  #25
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
GM Brian Lawton on Lukas Krajicek: "He won't be put on re-entry waivers under any circumstances'' still feels trade to be made.
per http://twitter.com/erlendssontrib

LightningStrikes is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.