HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Markov will play tomorrow

Old
12-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
I just hope he isn't being rushed in because of Hamrlik's injury and our current losing steak.
I can't see them rushing him. He had to get clearance from Dr Mulder...I doubt the MD would risk losing his job by clearing a player who shouldn't be cleared.

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:32 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
I just hope he isn't being rushed in because of Hamrlik's injury and our current losing steak.
and you are worried about what exactly ? His bobo ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

That news just brightened my day. It's incredible the massive void in the lineup that had been created by his injury... His return couldn't happen soon enough!

Last edited by Erik Estrada: 12-18-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:46 PM
airlouche

Finally

airlouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:48 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Thank You Sweet Baby Jesus!!!

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Craig71

[QUOTE=scottyG;22732371]Lol we played a grand total of 2 periods before Markov got
hurt [/QUOTE

Why is it that on this board, a mistake is realized and jumped on, Gee I feel like Carey Price all of a sudden.....lots of good points, none realized....The fact of the matter is what I said in the rest of the post holds true, and one player will not fix that.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

so funny

i hope all of you dont pass out when you realize that one player will not change the dymanic of this team.

With markov or without, this team has glaring holes. Markov will a)make games somewhat tolerable b)take away the "well our best player is injured" excuse away from us when we still lose games.

sweet and sour.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 02:57 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
so funny

i hope all of you dont pass out when you realize that one player will not change the dymanic of this team.

With markov or without, this team has glaring holes. Markov will a)make games somewhat tolerable b)take away the "well our best player is injured" excuse away from us when we still lose games.

sweet and sour.
you're probably right but i hope that isnt the case, i still have faith that this team will turn around, especially when Gio comes back.. GO HABS GO!!!!

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:01 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
so funny

sweet and sour.
Cmon man you never have anything positive to say about the Habs ! I reread many of your past posts, they are very negative. But hey to each their own !

Old
12-18-2009, 03:11 PM
E = CH²

Can't wait to see him play. My favourite player on the habs.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:12 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
so funny

This is way off... Markov absolutely will change "the dynamic of this team". He's not going to make them a contender or anything, but the number of improvements that he will add when he gets up to speed is significant (to say the least).

- The PP will be better and far more consistent when he's playing.
- The team's transitional play will be better for 20+ minutes a night.
- The team's defensive play will be better for 20+ minutes a night.
- The team's overall offense will improve with one of the best playmakers on the team returning.
- This is not a knock on the other d, but they will return to roles more suited to their abilities. Guys like Hamr, Gorges, Gill and Mara will play fewer and less important minutes. It will be much easier for these guys to play within their means with Markov back. They will also be able to focus more on their defensive play and not have to worry about chipping in as much offensively (specifically Hamr and Gorges on this point).

An injury to a top player not only creates the absence of that player in the line-up, but affects all the lower players on the depth chart with a trickle down effect. Inferior players have to play more minutes, and minutes that are less suited to their styles. That is why man games lost is a flawed indication of the impact of injuries on a team. In the vast majority of cases, the quality of players injured is far more significant than the quantity. It's a complete fallacy to say that the return of this team's number one defenceman will not change the dynamic of this team. Markov will not produce any miracles, but his presence will improve the Habs in many tangible ways once he gets going.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

To show off my appreciation of his return, I went uptown shopping in my habs jersey and flag/cape.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:15 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
To show off my appreciation of his return, I went uptown shopping in my habs jersey and flag/cape.
which jersey and how much?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:19 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
We are not the worst D core in the league anymore, but you will quickly realize that Markov alone isnt enough, we still need another elite puckmover on this team.. I can see us winning 5 of our next 7 games, but it will be tougher after this... I still think Subban will be called up at some point..
yeah, its called Markov/ Spacek/ Hammer/ Bergeron is semi decent, He isn't cracking the roster this year so just deal with it.

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:19 PM
FinnHab

wb Mr Canadiens, u carry the torch

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
Finally! See it like a nice trade by GaineyBut he will be a nice addition to the club.
Well, that's somewhat like I see it. This would be like signing a #1 D when we don't have one, and one of the best in the league to boot. Now, how much does that change your club if he's 100% and we allow suffiscient time for him and the team to adapt.

Quote:
That's also my fear.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
dammit! why does he have to come back the one game i'll probably miss lol

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:27 PM
CuteHockeyBunny

Key players left: Gionta, Hamrlik, Pouliot.*

*Not key, yet.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
which jersey and how much?
No name on the back, which is good since the cape/flag was covering it.

I got a lot of slack for actually being a leafs, or sens fan and losing a bet. Also, another guy jokingly said "Why are you a fan of the Chicago blackhawks ?"

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
so funny

sweet and sour.
You have very poor vision of what Markov represents, not just him, but how his presence changes a lot of things. I don't expect results immmediatly. though.

Hamrlik and Spacek are not #1 Ds, but have been playing the top pairing since the begining of the season, and have been doing a good job if we consider its not their place to be. Adding Markov, to a healthy top 4 of Markov, OB, Hamr and Spacek, you double the lines where you can have a good transition, making your second line better than what it was and upgrading secondary scoring. You double your quality pairings to go up against the best opposing lines. They spend less time on the ice also. Then there's the PP.

This team, when fully healthy, won't have that many holes, it will not be complete yes, but nothing has dramatic as you make it seem.

You are being reactionary, because before Hammer went down, the Habs were losing one goal games lately when they weren't winning and they went up against good teams. But lately, Spacek's been injured and last night he was the only top 3 present. That one goal difference will easily be compensated by a healthy top 3 on D.

We have three players capable of between 30-40 goals, one of them is out. We have two capable two-way centers, one who is among the best passers in the league right now, a top 3 of Markov, Hamr and Spacek is very solid as all of them have been #1 Ds here or elsewhere. We have solid goalies who are learning the game, and a lot youth still trying to go the way AK and Plex went.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Craig71

Quote:
so funny

sweet and sour.
I agree with you dude...Merry Christmas.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:33 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
yeah, its called Markov/ Spacek/ Hammer/ Bergeron is semi decent, He isn't cracking the roster this year so just deal with it.
Did you put this guy before Mara, Gill and Oby ?
Good thing JM gets it.

Old
12-18-2009, 03:35 PM
E = CH²

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQszn...eature=related

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Habit11

Today seems like a good day to join these boards as a Habs fan! Markov, once back up to speed, will help this team a lot. He won't magically turn them into a contender, but watching this team will be less painful than it has been in the last few weeks.

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Habs83

Jason Spezza was informed today that Andrei Superkov Markov is returning....he was none to pleased as displayed in this photo:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AndreiSuperkov.jpg‎ (146.4 KB, 42 views)

Habs83 is offline   Reply With Quote