HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

MMA Prospects Thread

Old
03-08-2010, 09:41 AM
The Jerk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Much respect on the join date/post count ratio.
Thanks man..I just don't post very often

The Jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 10:11 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Anyone know much about Claude Patrick, the Canadian guy who just signed with the UFC? Supposed to be making his debut on the Vancouver show.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Claude-Patrick-4114

colonel_korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 08:08 AM
The Jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn View Post
Anyone know much about Claude Patrick, the Canadian guy who just signed with the UFC? Supposed to be making his debut on the Vancouver show.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Claude-Patrick-4114
I know he trains, or has trained with Mark Bocek. He hasn't lost in eight years and has some decent wins on his resume. I don't think he has the skills to ever be a contender but he's definitely deserves a shot with a larger promotion.. Put him in against someone like Guillaume de Lorenzi, Ryan Ford or Mike Ricci. Canada's got some good young talent..

Old
04-06-2010, 07:48 AM
The Jerk

Brand new Hans Stringer interview: http://www.mmaranked.com/news_stringer_interview.html

Ultra-talented Dutch prospect. He thinks he's ready for a step up in competition and I think it's hard to argue he isn't.

Old
05-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Captain_Cunney

I was able to catch the MFC card from Friday night and I think we can add Ryan Jimmo to the list. He's now racked up 13 straight wins after a defeat in his first pro fight. He has beat 3 quality opponents in his last 3 fights, Eastman, Emanuel Newton and Gouveia.

He dominated Gouveia from start to finish, he should've finished him but he's still learning, imo.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ryan-Jimmo-21044

MFC is really turning out some real solid cards lately, catch them on HDnet if you can.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2010, 04:27 PM
TribalPhoenix
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
I was able to catch the MFC card from Friday night and I think we can add Ryan Jimmo to the list. He's now racked up 13 straight wins after a defeat in his first pro fight. He has beat 3 quality opponents in his last 3 fights, Eastman, Emanuel Newton and Gouveia.

He dominated Gouveia from start to finish, he should've finished him but he's still learning, imo.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ryan-Jimmo-21044

MFC is really turning out some real solid cards lately, catch them on HDnet if you can.

Couldn't agree more. I caught their card on Friday night, and have caught 3 of their past 4. Increasingly good production value, and the quality of fighters is improving as well. Having Thales Leites and Wilson Gouveia lends serious credibility to the card, as well as guys like Travis Lutter and Jason MacDonald. Having Maria Kanellis from the Celebrity Apprentice makes the ringside interviews VERY easy on the eyes as well

Ryan Jimmo deserves a shot at the UFC in my opinion. The guy can fight, and has beaten solid opposition. To be honest, I'm really surprised that Dana hasn't given the guy an opportunity.

TribalPhoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix View Post
Couldn't agree more. I caught their card on Friday night, and have caught 3 of their past 4. Increasingly good production value, and the quality of fighters is improving as well. Having Thales Leites and Wilson Gouveia lends serious credibility to the card, as well as guys like Travis Lutter and Jason MacDonald. Having Maria Kanellis from the Celebrity Apprentice makes the ringside interviews VERY easy on the eyes as well

Ryan Jimmo deserves a shot at the UFC in my opinion. The guy can fight, and has beaten solid opposition. To be honest, I'm really surprised that Dana hasn't given the guy an opportunity.
The MFC is really putting forth a solid effort as far as signing "name" fighters goes. I'd love to see them bring Semtex back now that he's been cut from the UFC, even take a chance on Kimbomania for a few fights.

Thales looked absoutely fantastic in that fight against JT money, I think we'll see him back in title contention in the UFC down the road. He's been working his standup and his ground is at the top of the heap in the 185 divsion. Regardless of his stinkers in the UFC he's still one of my fav. fighters.

It would be great if Jimmo could some how find himself on the Vancity card in June, we need an injury!

Old
05-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Pax Macioretty

Does Todd Duffee belong in this thread?

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Captain_Cunney

While Duffee is a "prospect", he's already in the big show, so I'd have to say no. This is more for up and comers' who alot of people have yet to hear of. But Duffee is a beast.

Old
06-03-2010, 01:25 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I'm surprised we don't have a thread on the younger, more unknown guys. With HDNet, it's pretty easy to watch a lot of fighters out there and I found a guy in the M-1 Challenge fights and one of the guys I thought looked great was 170lber Magomed Shikshabekov.
Looks like M-1 co-promotion is good for something after all, he's fighting on the Fedor/Werdum undercard.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/6/3/...-shikhshabekov

colonel_korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Captain_Cunney

Definately keep your eyes on "Chris Lozano". I caught highlights of him whooping Jason Dent's a** on Inside MMA this past week. The guy striking is unreal, he looks alot like a 170lb version of Bones Jones.

http://www.hd.net/insidemma.html#

After all the advertising you see his highlights at the 1:50ish mark, following the advertising after the Shamrock interview. Take a look at the guy in the fight before that also, Brian Rogers, he's a strength and condition coach at a university, very powerful.

Here is a 1st rd. KO by Lozano that I found on youtube:

I'm pretty pumped to see this guy progress, he looks like the real deal.

Old
06-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
I have a friend training at XC Toronto. At first he couldn't shut up about Misha. Apparently his grappling skills are top notch. Though, a few weeks later the reports came back down to earth: his striking leaves a lot to be desired. That said, the potential to be great is there.
Not only did Evan Dunham suffer his first loss, but surprisingly, Misha was subbed last night at a W-1 card in Montreal.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:42 PM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
Not only did Evan Dunham suffer his first loss, but surprisingly, Misha was subbed last night at a W-1 card in Montreal.
Evan Dunham hasn't lost, unless you're the third judge who thought Tyson Griffin won that fight and you're standing behind your horrible scorecard.

Anyways, a guy that's fighting tonight in the WEC could make an impact at some point.. Renan Barao. I doubt his fight will get on the telecast but I think he has a future in the WEC. He actually is facing a pretty tough prospect himself though, so who knows.

m9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark9 View Post
Evan Dunham hasn't lost, unless you're the third judge who thought Tyson Griffin won that fight and you're standing behind your horrible scorecard.

Meant to say Aaron Simpson, who lost last night to Leben.

Old
06-21-2010, 07:02 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I'm surprised we don't have a thread on the younger, more unknown guys. With HDNet, it's pretty easy to watch a lot of fighters out there and I found a guy in the M-1 Challenge fights and one of the guys I thought looked great was 170lber Magomed Shikshabekov.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Magom...shabekov-40949

He looked absolutely dominating against everyone he fought. And he looks extremely talented as well.

He's 6-0 right now, all fights finished in the first round.

A few clips of him in this M-1 montage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn View Post
Looks like M-1 co-promotion is good for something after all, he's fighting on the Fedor/Werdum undercard.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/6/3/...-shikhshabekov
Not anymore, unfortunately. Visa problems, as per @BloodyElbow.

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Probably not worthy of a new thread, but Shane del Rosario is fighting Kendall Grove's church choir buddy Lolohea Mahe who is coming off a loss against a guy who was shot three times in the stomach only 9 months earlier.