HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

A. Kostitsyn to Edmonton

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-21-2009, 06:19 PM
  #76
Pure
Registered User
 
Pure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
There are only 2 or 3 "people" (who might all be the same guy) who keep trying to trade AK:LaPierrreforCaptain, Gamblor, and someone I forget. Most Habs fans are happy with AK and do not want to give him away for peanuts. I would rather a "streaky" guy like AK who has almost the same # of points as Brule (does that make HIM streaky"??), than a small guy like Cogliano who has as many total points as our "streaky" guy has goals.

I wouldn't say AK is untouchable, but we would want a significant return on a cap friendly young, proven 20+ goal scorer with some size and a willingness to hit. Everyone who loves the Oilers keep telling Habs fans about how Brule has "potential", but refuse to understand that AK has not met his "potential" and is also young. Brule also has a worse injury history than AK, and that won't necessarily get better playing in the NHL where hits are harder than anywhere else.
I don't know all Hab fans, all I remember was a bunch of Hab proposals and they all had the K bros in it (lots of Halak ones too). All I'm saying is why would a shopper (any team not just oilers) want to acquire a player during his hot streak when he knows that player can go on a slump. You don't want to buy high and sell low. So I just don't see the point of a Cogliano+Grebs or Brule or whatever for Kostitsyn when thats a classic buy high and sell low. Also, I just don't see a trade between these two teams. Tons of dmen, not enough top 6 forwards.

Pure is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 06:45 PM
  #77
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
I don't know all Hab fans, all I remember was a bunch of Hab proposals and they all had the K bros in it (lots of Halak ones too). All I'm saying is why would a shopper (any team not just oilers) want to acquire a player during his hot streak when he knows that player can go on a slump. You don't want to buy high and sell low. So I just don't see the point of a Cogliano+Grebs or Brule or whatever for Kostitsyn when thats a classic buy high and sell low. Also, I just don't see a trade between these two teams. Tons of dmen, not enough top 6 forwards.
andrei kostitsyn has always been streaky. two years ago with kovalev and plekanecs he played on one of the top 3 lines in the NHL. he is 24 and is already avg 25 goals per year. he is a pure goal scorer when on his game. he is worth more than either cogliano or brule AND is at least equal in value to penner depending on a team's needs.
Sergei is younger,22, grittier and more of a play maker. he hasn't really found his game this year yet BUT is playing with gomez right now and seeing lots of time on the PK..in other words his game is developing.

some genius i believe wrote these two plus halak Lmao,

for cogliano and penner.
was NOT enough


one thing is certain about HF trade boards...those that accuse habs fans of over-valuing their talent (and some do)
respond with the same dumb over-valuations of their own team

emb24* is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 07:54 PM
  #78
Rpro
Registered User
 
Rpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
andrei kostitsyn has always been streaky. two years ago with kovalev and plekanecs he played on one of the top 3 lines in the NHL. he is 24 and is already avg 25 goals per year. he is a pure goal scorer when on his game. he is worth more than either cogliano or brule AND is at least equal in value to penner depending on a team's needs.
Sergei is younger,22, grittier and more of a play maker. he hasn't really found his game this year yet BUT is playing with gomez right now and seeing lots of time on the PK..in other words his game is developing.

some genius i believe wrote these two plus halak Lmao,

for cogliano and penner.
was NOT enough


one thing is certain about HF trade boards...those that accuse habs fans of over-valuing their talent (and some do)
respond with the same dumb over-valuations of their own team
If Penner can keep up his play this season, Andrei is not now, nor will he ever have anywhere close to Penners value, it doesn't matter what the team needs are. I mean seriously have you watched Penner at all this year? He's been a dominant monster, blossoming into the player the Oilers hoped he would become. He's also getting consideration for Team Canada at the olympics. What does that tell you?

Rpro is online now  
Old
12-21-2009, 09:52 PM
  #79
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
If Penner can keep up his play this season, Andrei is not now, nor will he ever have anywhere close to Penners value, it doesn't matter what the team needs are. I mean seriously have you watched Penner at all this year? He's been a dominant monster, blossoming into the player the Oilers hoped he would become. He's also getting consideration for Team Canada at the olympics. What does that tell you?

That's a huge "IF". We are not even 1/2 way through the season. If Plekanec can continue his pace he will finish with 88pts. Again another HUGE If...

FanHabtic is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 09:58 PM
  #80
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
If Penner can keep up his play this season, Andrei is not now, nor will he ever have anywhere close to Penners value, it doesn't matter what the team needs are. I mean seriously have you watched Penner at all this year? He's been a dominant monster, blossoming into the player the Oilers hoped he would become. He's also getting consideration for Team Canada at the olympics. What does that tell you?
if if if. penner's getting no consideration for team canada...let me rephrase that; no serious consideration.

yes i've watched penner play, clearly more than you've watched andrei who i now believe has 8 goals in his last 10 games..and by year's end will most likely catch penner.
i still maintain the anti-hab hate 'under-valuation' of players is on par with the the hype of some hab fans.
case in point at the beginning of the year, plekanecs who also incidentally was on that great line two years ago, couldn't be given away..now he's i think 6th in the league in points with 40 and nary and freakin' peep from all the haters who are keeping their collective pie-holes clearly shut.
-except of course leaf fans who don't think he's worth ian white lmao


andrei kostitsyn's value is on par with penner...and andrei right now is playing on (point wise) one of the best lines in the east with cammileri and plekanecs...a line that is keeping the habs in the hunt for a playoff spot.

emb24* is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:02 PM
  #81
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Team Canada is not giving Penner ANY consideration. If Oiler fans are hoping for him to be a part of team Canada then they are not true Canadians. There are too many players ahead of him in the depth chart. He could make Team Canada C.... Maybe.

FanHabtic is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:05 PM
  #82
Rpro
Registered User
 
Rpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Team Canada is not giving Penner ANY consideration. If Oiler fans are hoping for him to be a part of team Canada then they are not true Canadians. There are too many players ahead of him in the depth chart. He could make Team Canada C.... Maybe.
He was specifically told by Team Canada that they are watching him. There goes your argument on that subject

Rpro is online now  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:07 PM
  #83
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
He was specifically told by Team Canada that they are watching him. There goes your argument on that subject
i didn't know you were privileged to team caanda info. let me guess your penner's cousin?

i'll say it again: penner is not better than andrei kostitsyn

emb24* is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:11 PM
  #84
Vomiting Kermit*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
i didn't know you were privileged to team caanda info. let me guess your penner's cousin?
Uh, it was announced.

http://lowonoil.com/2009-articles/de...am-canada.html

TADA

Quote:
i'll say it again: penner is not better than andrei kostitsyn
lmao

Okay bud.

Vomiting Kermit* is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:15 PM
  #85
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
He was specifically told by Team Canada that they are watching him. There goes your argument on that subject
LMAO! They are watching him.... just like they are watching every other player that is of Canadian birthright.

Kostitsyn with another goal tonight and about 10 hits. Ho um!

FanHabtic is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:15 PM
  #86
Rpro
Registered User
 
Rpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
i didn't know you were privileged to team caanda info. let me guess your penner's cousin?

i'll say it again: penner is not better than andrei kostitsyn
http://lowonoil.com/2009-articles/de...am-canada.html

Read that whole article buddy. You too Habfanatic.

Rpro is online now  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:16 PM
  #87
Vomiting Kermit*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
LMAO! They are watching him.... just like they are watching every other player that is of Canadian birthright.


Penner was added to the official list of Team Canada possibles.

Quote:
Kostitsyn with another goal tonight and about 10 hits. Ho um!
Penner just scored. Ho hum.

Vomiting Kermit* is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:17 PM
  #88
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studly Wonderbomb View Post


Penner was added to the official list of Team Canada possibles.


Penner just scored. Ho hum.
Oilers still in dead last in the Western Conference. Penner the best of an awful lot. Ho Hum!

FanHabtic is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:20 PM
  #89
Vomiting Kermit*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Oilers still in dead last in the Western Conference. Penner the best of an awful lot. Ho Hum!
So what Penner is doing is even more impressive. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Those world beaters from Montreal have 3 more points in 3 more games played than the Oilers, btw.

A. Kostitsyn: 35gp, 10-12-22, +2
D. Penner: 36gp, 19-19-38, +11

Vomiting Kermit* is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:23 PM
  #90
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studly Wonderbomb View Post
So what Penner is doing is even more impressive. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Those world beaters from Montreal have 3 more points in 3 more games played than the Oilers, btw.

A. Kostitsyn: 35gp, 10-12-22, +2
D. Penner: 36gp, 19-19-38, +11
If you call impressive leading a team to the last spot in the conference then by all means... I'm impressed!

FanHabtic is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:23 PM
  #91
williamshut*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
if if if. penner's getting no consideration for team canada...let me rephrase that; no serious consideration.

yes i've watched penner play, clearly more than you've watched andrei who i now believe has 8 goals in his last 10 games..and by year's end will most likely catch penner.
i still maintain the anti-hab hate 'under-valuation' of players is on par with the the hype of some hab fans.
case in point at the beginning of the year, plekanecs who also incidentally was on that great line two years ago, couldn't be given away..now he's i think 6th in the league in points with 40 and nary and freakin' peep from all the haters who are keeping their collective pie-holes clearly shut.
-except of course leaf fans who don't think he's worth ian white lmao


andrei kostitsyn's value is on par with penner...and andrei right now is playing on (point wise) one of the best lines in the east with cammileri and plekanecs...a line that is keeping the habs in the hunt for a playoff spot.
hahaha try selling that to any GM in the league, they will laugh you out of their office. obviously penner's not being considered for team canada- look at how ridiculously deep the pool of forwards is. there's no way he should be considered. however, stop acting like you actually watch oilers games. you do realize penner is on pace for 42 goals and 87 points right? oh wait, you have not watched an oilers game this year, so you wouldnt know that. he always had the skills and size to be a big point getter (shown in his rookie season with anaheim and his 39 goals in 57 games in the ahl the season before), but its his attitude and mindset which has changed since the firing of mactavish. he is the only reason the oilers have won any games this season. andrei is on pace for 21 goals and 50 points. even with his recent "hot streak" that's a lot of catching up to do. i wouldnt count on it.

williamshut* is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:24 PM
  #92
Rpro
Registered User
 
Rpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Oilers still in dead last in the Western Conference. Penner the best of an awful lot. Ho Hum!


Well you were proven wrong so you resort to calling the Oilers a bad team. Nice one.

Oh those mighty habs you cheer for. 3 full points up on the Oilers. And the Oilers with 3 games in hand! I guess the Habs are an awful lot as well right?

Rpro is online now  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:25 PM
  #93
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
The line of Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Cammy = 7 pts tonight.

FanHabtic is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:26 PM
  #94
ILuvLucic*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Location Location
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
If you call impressive leading a team to the last spot in the conference then by all means... I'm impressed!
Cause we all know hockey is a team sport

ILuvLucic* is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:26 PM
  #95
Vomiting Kermit*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
If you call impressive leading a team to the last spot in the conference then by all means... I'm impressed!


You're a fool. Maybe try watching the Oilers sometime and see why they are last. It has nothing to do with Penner.

"Leading a team to last spot". LOL

Vomiting Kermit* is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:27 PM
  #96
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post


Well you were proven wrong so you resort to calling the Oilers a bad team. Nice one.

Oh those mighty habs you cheer for. 3 full points up on the Oilers. And the Oilers with 3 games in hand! I guess the Habs are an awful lot as well right?
Habs 10th in the east and climbing. Oilers last in west and falling. The standings don't lie. Bottom line is that Penner does not have a hope in hell of making Team Canada. Further, lets wait until he finishes the season to see what his point total will be. There's still over 1/2 a season to play. Plenty of time for the Oilers to climb into the 14th spot.

FanHabtic is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:28 PM
  #97
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,281
vCash: 500
This thread should be locked. It's degenerated into Habs fans insulting the Oilers, rather than actually discussing anything.

hfboardsuser is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:29 PM
  #98
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studly Wonderbomb View Post


You're a fool. Maybe try watching the Oilers sometime and see why they are last. It has nothing to do with Penner.

"Leading a team to last spot". LOL
Similarly try watching Kostitsyn in the past 15 games. He's on fire and dominating out there with Plekanec and Cammy. Now this thread is about the prospect of Kostitsyn to the Oil. I wouldn't trade him for Penner straight up at this time. I'm sure Oil fans feel the same with Penner.

I just don't believe Penner can keep up his pace. He hasn't shown ability to do so... well... ever!

FanHabtic is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:30 PM
  #99
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamshut View Post
hahaha try selling that to any GM in the league, they will laugh you out of their office. obviously penner's not being considered for team canada- look at how ridiculously deep the pool of forwards is. there's no way he should be considered. however, stop acting like you actually watch oilers games. you do realize penner is on pace for 42 goals and 87 points right? oh wait, you have not watched an oilers game this year, so you wouldnt know that. he always had the skills and size to be a big point getter (shown in his rookie season with anaheim and his 39 goals in 57 games in the ahl the season before), but its his attitude and mindset which has changed since the firing of mactavish. he is the only reason the oilers have won any games this season. andrei is on pace for 21 goals and 50 points. even with his recent "hot streak" that's a lot of catching up to do. i wouldnt count on it.
hahaha keep thinking you have ANY idea ANY what gm's are thinking or doing. you embarrass yourself by even insinuating that.

penner will not make team canada and because an oiler blog states so means nothing. we hear bergeron, fisher etc..why?
because they can play defense on a 4th line and have wheels. penner who i like btw, has no speed. he's a big body with a good shot..who sucked last year and also benefited by playing with getzlaf a couple of years ago.sprare me the ahl ref's they mean nothing.
penner and andrei are different players. penner has more grit when he wants, while andrei has better speed ..both have great shots.

you can keep pimping penner's year, and it's true. but the fact remains, andrei is 3 years younger and already has more career goal totals.

they are equal imo

emb24* is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 10:31 PM
  #100
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
This thread should be locked. It's degenerated into Habs fans insulting the Oilers, rather than actually discussing anything.
and there's no oil fans throwing insults of course lmao

emb24* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.