HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus at Colorado | 12/19 9PM EST | Farmers Only Edition

View Poll Results: Who would you most like to end your optional loneliness with?
Crazy Carl 0 0%
Freaky Fran 4 22.22%
Lonely Tony 0 0%
Desperate Debi 7 38.89%
Fast Eddie 2 11.11%
Slick Nick 0 0%
Sally Spa 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-19-2009, 11:03 PM
skimp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
Other than the laughs, I'd like to get something out of this thread. So, can someone tell me the origin of things like "organ-eye-zation" and so on? A few of you type it with some frequency, and I've always been curious.
Columbus Public Schools

skimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Hitch told her to go down to the ice after she failed to answer one of his questions with enough gravity. Umberger thinks it happens to everyone, but I dunno.

Other than the laughs, I'd like to get something out of this thread. So, can someone tell me the origin of things like "organ-eye-zation" and so on? A few of you type it with some frequency, and I've always been curious.
That's how Canadians pronounce the word ORGANIZATION if you haven't noticed.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 11:05 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Hitch told her to go down to the ice after she failed to answer one of his questions with enough gravity. Umberger thinks it happens to everyone, but I dunno.

It was a Doug-ism. The predecessor to the Hitch-ionary.

Another Doug-ism was a mispronunciation of "strength" as "strungth."

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Renion

Thanks. I'm lucky if I remember something from a month ago

First time an article appeared about the Hitchisms, I figured one day it would be used as a reason to remember him without kindness. They're the types of things that sound good for a while, but quickly wear on people.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Fuzzy D

Marc Methot need to never spend another minute on NHL ice again.

Fuzzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Missed the game tonight because I went to a Christmas party. Saw a bunch of old friends. Glad I did that as opposed to watching another loss. But does anyone want to give me a quick rundown of what went wrong this time?

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
Missed the game tonight because I went to a Christmas party. Saw a bunch of old friends. Glad I did that as opposed to watching another loss. But does anyone want to give me a quick rundown of what went wrong this time?
Horrendous start (primarily Mason). Down 4-0 by the end of the 1st. Decent 2nd and 3rd, but once again, a failure to put together a complete 60 minutes.

12-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Horrendous start (primarily Mason). Down 4-0 by the end of the 1st. Decent 2nd and 3rd, but once again, a failure to put together a complete 60 minutes.
So same 'ol, same 'ol.

Old
12-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
Four goals against in the first period, three of which were in the first five minutes. Mason didn't look great, but defense looked worse. Some of the forwards looked decent tonight. Power play started working again.

Most interesting part of the game for me was how the Colorado feed couldn't quite handle the on-glass advertisements. Pretty amusing seeing them randomly floating in the middle of the screen. I was talking about it all game.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2009, 11:59 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Most interesting part of the game for me was how the Colorado feed couldn't quite handle the on-glass advertisements. Pretty amusing seeing them randomly floating in the middle of the screen. I was talking about it all game.
Yeah, definitely sounds better than the game!

Old
12-20-2009, 06:56 AM
eljefe72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
The team was down 4-0 by just a little over 8 mins into the first period.

Every time I think the Jackets can't sink any lower, they like to impress me.

eljefe72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 07:24 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
That's how Canadians pronounce the word ORGANIZATION if you haven't noticed.

This. Maybe without the shakehead.

That's aboot it.

Old
12-20-2009, 07:59 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Something's gotta change.
Roster freeze is in isn't it? Nothing will... And if you think the fat man loses his job during the holidays??

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 08:01 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy D View Post
Marc Methot need to never spend another minute on NHL ice again.
Awww... and Scot Howson went all the way to Toronto in the offseason for the sake of arbitration to get him resigned....

If anybody wants to go back and look at what happened in the first, Colorado's Youth came out firing... Why don't we have young players that do that? Everyone else does....

Old
12-20-2009, 08:11 AM
EDM

Good point, Keith. Every other team has young guys that come out firing aggressively. We have young, fragile tender hearts that need to be brought along slowly and carefully. Cannot even put them in a shoot out. Better to go with a Russian slug defenseman than to ask our young guys to perform in a shoot out. And there is no end to it in sight.

Should be interesting to see how they perform in Phoenix after their big "players only" meeting after this game. Obviously Garon will start in Phoenix.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 08:15 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Good point, Keith. Every other team has young guys that come out firing aggressively. We have young, fragile tender hearts that need to be brought along slowly and carefully. Cannot even put them in a shoot out. Better to go with a Russian slug defenseman than to ask our young guys to perform in a shoot out. And there is no end to it in sight.

Should be interesting to see how they perform in Phoenix after their big "players only" meeting after this game. Obviously Garon will start in Phoenix.
I mean, you can attribute it to poor drafting for a few seasons, but seriously?? Not when every other team in league has these stud players in their 2nd, or 3rd years or 4th years in the league...

Sidenote: anybody else that listened to the post game comments think Hitchcock sounded a little humbled and somber? He did continue to blame the players though, so no real surprises I guess...

Old
12-20-2009, 08:42 AM
BluejacketNut

Until these guys start to have fun again, this will be the results for a while. One thing stuck out to me at the end of one of the Hawks game. Kane had the shootout winner, and as they gathered at center ice to salute the crowd, many of the guys were moshing with each other.....having fun. Hell, Jake wants to grow his hair long and Hitch makes him cut it. Granted, winning makes things fun, but it was still something I wouldnt ever see our team doing, even if winning.

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 08:47 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
I mean, you can attribute it to poor drafting for a few seasons, but seriously?? Not when every other team in league has these stud players in their 2nd, or 3rd years or 4th years in the league...

Sidenote: anybody else that listened to the post game comments think Hitchcock sounded a little humbled and somber? He did continue to blame the players though, so no real surprises I guess...
He was looking down for the whole post game interview. It is like he is putting his arms up and saying, what else can I do?

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Matt

Change that to stud players in their 1st, 2nd and 3rd years. I'll bet Tevares and any other of the new players in the league would be riding the pines in Columbus. That is because they aren't "grinders", who play "Hitch Hockey" score 2 or more goals against the jackets and it is a sure win.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 09:49 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
He was looking down for the whole post game interview. It is like he is putting his arms up and saying, what else can I do?
Sounds like the message has run its course.

Old
12-20-2009, 09:51 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

On the bright side:

I liked the way we didn't collapse after we FREAKISHLY went down 4-0.

I liked the way we battled and started hitting.

I liked RJ and Chimmer's scrappy goals.

I liked Garon in goal. (The backupgoalie's first goal against coming into a game is always forgiven).

I liked seeing a half empty arena in Denver. if that is any indicator, then they don't deserve their good team and our attendance deserves better.

Wished for Press Release:
The Blue Jackets announce that Matthieu Garon is the starting goalie until further notice.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 09:52 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
On the bright side:

I liked the way we didn't collapse after we FREAKISHLY went down 4-0.

I liked the way we battled and started hitting.

I liked RJ and Chimmer's scrappy goals.

I liked Garon in goal. (The backupgoalie's first goal against coming into a game is always forgiven).

Wished for Press Release:
The Blue Jackets announce that Matthieu Garon is the starting goalie until further notice.
I guess there's no reason to play tight when the game is already out of reach....

Old
12-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
I guess there's no reason to play tight when the game is already out of reach....
I think you've nailed it Keith. The team has figured out that if they spot others teams a goal or four, they can play free flow hockey. Hitch cant really tell the players to dump and chase and go into a defensive shell in order to get it back to respectability, if respectability is even possible.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 10:56 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
I think you've nailed it Keith. The team has figured out that if they spot others teams a goal or four, they can play free flow hockey. Hitch cant really tell the players to dump and chase and go into a defensive shell in order to get it back to respectability, if respectability is even possible.
I wonder if after being the hole 4-0, Hitchcock has anything insightful to say on the bench anyways...

Old
12-20-2009, 11:01 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

The Colorado Avalanche remind me of a crappy sitcom, TV drama or movie:

Take a washed up, veteran hockey player who forced his way back to his old team to relive the good ol' days. Instead of Peter Forsberg & Ray Bourque being there, he finds a lineup full of rookies instead. Will they succeed, or will they struggle?

...this is all I got out of last night's game.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote