HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#36 l 12/19/2009 l Caps vs. The Oil l 10:00 PM

Old
12-20-2009, 01:01 PM
tzinc

vCash: 500
refs made a couple bad calls but that`s normal for the nhl

at least their bad calls didn`t cost a team the game or even goals

the nhl continues to overlook the absolutely putrid refereeing this season and it`s gonna be a nightmare if they start costing teams games in the playoffs

tzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
i've missed it, what did he say?
he had said something about refusing to let Ovechkin score three on them.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
well, thats all right, 2 did the job just fine

Vladiator16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
So nice that I didn't have to listen to kolbe and had the oil feed instead. But was the game as horribly ref'd as they made it sound or are the oil announcers from the steggy school of broadcasting.

It was funny to hear them rip grebby and gilbert though.
The delay of game call was iffy. I think the only one that knows if that was delay of game was Green. Outside of that, I thought the worst call was the non-call on Edmonton's goalie for the WWE style elbow he dropped on Laich late. He was rattled, and he was playing like Hextall with the elbows and the stick.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 04:03 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
I read that he said something pregame about not letting ovechkin "dance around".

He also said that the Caps "like to embarrass" teams.

“They’re a team that wants to come in here, score a bunch of goals and kind of embarrass the teams they’re playing,” said Andrew Cogliano, who recognizes a slim margin for error when he sees one. “It could either go two ways, you could lose the game by eight or win a close one.”

The Oilers had a long team meeting after practice yesterday to discuss their strategy for containing the Caps. We’re not sure what was said, but at the end of it, Patrick O’Sullivan was minus two.

“I wonder who’s going to be playing against (Ovechkin), it’s going to be a tough chore,” said Cogliano. “But, most likely if you shut that line down you’ll win the game, or come close.”

The fear of humiliation can be a powerful motivator and the Oilers usually play pretty well at the point of a bayonet. San Jose’s star-studded lineup needed a freak shorthanded goal at 18:35 of the third period to tie it and a shootout to win it when they came calling last month.

And the Oilers went into Washington and beat the Caps 5-2 in their own building last year on the strength of Erik Cole’s hat trick (or, hat tric, as Hornqvist’s parents would spell it).

So they’re not necessarily sitting ducks here.

“We have a lot of pride, we’re not going to let a guy like Ovechkin come in and dance around and do whatever he wants,” said Cogliano. “Our main focus is obviously to shut him down and their line down ... and worry about ourselves. We have a lot of stuff to take care of in our end and with our game. If we do that, hopefully we’ll have a good night.”

http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/ho...08776-qmi.html

Last edited by txpd: 12-20-2009 at 04:19 PM.
txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 04:09 PM
sk84fun_dc

I posted a link to one of the articles that included some of Cogliano's quotes somewhere in this thread. There were articles in both the Edmonton Sun and Edmonton Journal that included some of his quotes. Not sure they were that big a deal.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 04:34 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
The HNIC crew misquoted Cogs last night because they said something about the not letting Ovechkin score 3 goals thing, they said it early in the 1st period too. I couldnt find the quote anywhere.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
I posted a link to one of the articles that included some of Cogliano's quotes somewhere in this thread. There were articles in both the Edmonton Sun and Edmonton Journal that included some of his quotes. Not sure they were that big a deal.
they were a little bit more of a big deal when Locker misquotes him and makes it sound much worse than it really was.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 05:17 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar View Post
The HNIC crew misquoted Cogs last night because they said something about the not letting Ovechkin score 3 goals thing, they said it early in the 1st period too. I couldnt find the quote anywhere.
I posted the link to the article that included the quote in this thread. again

some postgame coverage from the same paper: postgame article: It ain't over till it's Ovie

another Ovechkin article

Backstrom article

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 06:24 PM
ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Pray for Octopi.

The Reffing was decent. Not great and not terrible.

The penalty on Penner was total BS though. The announcers said, "What? Two minutes for being too strong?"

That should have been a Steckel penalty.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Redwings11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieHockey View Post
I could get excited about Denver and Toronto, but Vancouver and Edmonton after being on the road for so long.... I would have been looking forward to getting home for the holidays.
Vancouver is regarded as one of the best cities in the world. Lots of players name it their favourite road city to visit. I'm sure the Caps loved it especially because of all the attention they got. Judging from their interviews they really enjoyed their time there.

Anyways I get what you're saying..atleast the road trip is finally over.

Redwings11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 12:01 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings11 View Post
Vancouver is regarded as one of the best cities in the world. Lots of players name it their favourite road city to visit. I'm sure the Caps loved it especially because of all the attention they got. Judging from their interviews they really enjoyed their time there.

Anyways I get what you're saying..atleast the road trip is finally over.
Anyone badmouthing Vancouver has never been there. Killer city.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote