HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4 - 2 Caps over the oilers(thanks to the refs)

Old
12-20-2009, 12:59 AM
Eytinge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
You go with youth and I can guarantee, the Oilers won't be getting any PPs but will sure as hell be on the PK the entire game. Refs hate teams that go with youth.
Oh my god, this is getting crazy. Narnia, please just shut your mouth you have no idea what you are saying.

The NHL sure do hate those Penguins huh? Same with the Blackhawks!

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 01:00 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 730
Quote:
You go with youth and I can guarantee, the Oilers won't be getting any PPs but will sure as hell be on the PK the entire game. Refs hate teams that go with youth.
Got proof of that, any young team will go through growing pains but that is one asinine statement. Oh wait, everythings fine right Narnia?

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lounge Act*

Quote:
Refs hate teams that go with youth.
Have you ever watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

Lounge Act* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
theranfordflop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
exactly.... people talk about the 5 game win streak like it changed something with the oilers.... i just don't see how people could watch those games and think that we had magically become a playoff team.... we simply don't have enough skill in the lineup (even when fully healthy) to make the playoffs.... you take our best player out for the season and that skill level drops considerably
Skill is all well and good, but it's not skill that's killing us. It's team play. It's consistency and focus.

The 5 game winning streak didn't make us a playoff team, and this 3 game losing streak doesn't make us a complete doormat.

We're a team in transition, learning how to play NHL hockey consistently. We played it for 40 minutes tonight, and couldn't keep it together.

theranfordflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Moo View Post
Anyone who doesn't see that right now is either mentally unfit, or a member of the Oilers management team.
LMAO

GSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 01:02 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilers View Post
As much as this team sucks , and it does:
Did the reffs miss goaltender interference ?
Did the reffs miss slashing
Did the reffs miss interference?
Did the reffs totally **** up the call to Penner?
Jesus Christ IAL what ****ing game were you watching?

The reffs were bought, paid for, licked OV's balls on center ice and ****ed you up the ass and you can't tell?

There's no point to even icing a team, really , just have the ****ing reff do a coin toss at center ice as to who will win and forget televising it.
We had a 2-0 lead with twenty minutes to play. We lost 4-2. Refs didnt do that. Ive seen this movie too many times before. And Im sick of it. Whining about the refs is embarrassing. Have we had a disproportionate amount of bad calls against us? Yes. Has this caused us to lose tonight? No. We lost because our players cant follow instructions, they fold under pressure and play scared. Not because of a couple of bad calls.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 01:02 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Meh . The negativity fits right in . Its the constant patting of himself on the back that's starting to make me queasy .
Your kidding right? Tell me no no tell us what is so positive after that third period collapse. You expect people to be positive, geez FIVE straight LOSSES at home.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 01:04 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Oh my god, this is getting crazy. Narnia, please just shut your mouth you have no idea what you are saying.

The NHL sure do hate those Penguins huh? Same with the Blackhawks!
Then why do the Oilers always get the raw end of bush league reffing. The Oilers ended up trading Greene because the ref was constantly giving him penalties and the other team got away with the same. The refs don't look favourably on teams that go with youth. The Pens and the Hawks are the exception. The Hawks because they're an original six and the Pens because they have Crosby. End of story.

DangerMan
@danlizee

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
We had a 2-0 lead with twenty minutes to play. We lost 4-2. Refs didnt do that. Ive seen this movie too many times before. And Im sick of it. Whining about the refs is embarrassing. Have we had a disproportionate amount of bad calls against us? Yes. Has this caused us to lose tonight? No. We lost because our players cant follow instructions, they fold under pressure and play scared. Not because of a couple of bad calls.
You have battle the other team and sometimes you have to battle the refs too. Thats what separates the good teams from the bad teams. Good teams overcome adversity, the Oilers are struggling mightily with adversity. This happens in every sport with referees.

DangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Giant Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyah83 View Post
Thing is, I don't know what the Oilers do. Horcoff and O' Sullivan are supposed to be the Oilers 2 best defensive responsible forwards, but they are getting eaten alive by other team's big guns. Who else can handle that?
Either the coaching staff needs to try someone else, as it can't get any bloody worse than those two, or management needs to find new players.

The former is more likely than the latter, but the coaching staff is ultimately forced to go along with whatever management gives them.

Which are crap players.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nols

O'Sullivan is garbage.

Pouliot can't possibly be worst.

Nols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Giant Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet View Post
They also had the toughest assignment....and by the way Nilsson was a -2, Staios -2, Grebeshkov -2, Gagner -1, Vishnovsky -1, Stone -1, Penner -1, Smid -1
"The toughest assignment", wow. Talk about spin. Talk about shining a turd.

Please give me the excuses for each of the other 34 games for why it's certainly not Horcoff's fault he's in the bottom 10 for plus-minus.

Here's my explanation: he's not very good.

Occam's Razor, anyone?

Old
tamon77

predictable ... predictable ...

tamon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
The refs are constantly missing calls on the opposition and it's been happening too often. Frankly I'm fed up with this bush league officiating. Lots of penalties were missed on the Caps tonight just like they were missed against the Preds on Thursday. There's a trend and it's screw the Oilers by the stupid Zebras of the NHL.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
The oilers will lose against St louis on monday.Book it

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nullterm

vCash: 800
Bush league referees. Disgusting.

I've got zero issue with the thread title given how blatant it was.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lounge Act View Post
You can't seem to handle the truth??

I made a valid point and it's pretty sad that you can't even handle the truth.

Majority of the people in here have said the same **** anyways.

Very classy buddy...

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 01:07 AM
Boilers*

Quote:
That's it, right there. That's all I'm after really. Like I say this team sucks, but the reffs...I mean...have you ever seen another home team bent over the rails like this one? And yes it made a difference to the game. And Gilbert's puck over the glass penalty. Sweet jesus the refs must just love ****ing Oilers over at home, it's the only explanation..

Boilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lounge Act*

Quote:
Then why do the Oilers always get the raw end of bush league reffing.
Oh God this just keeps getting better and better!

Quote:
The Oilers ended up trading Greene because the ref was constantly giving him penalties
Did the Lord tell you this in a dream? I thought Greene was traded to nab Visnovsky but maybe it's just me.

Quote:
The refs don't look favourably on teams that go with youth. The Pens and the Hawks are the exception. The Hawks because they're an original six and the Pens because they have Crosby. End of story.
Do you honestly believe this ****?

Old
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by theranfordflop View Post
Skill is all well and good, but it's not skill that's killing us. It's team play. It's consistency and focus.

The 5 game winning streak didn't make us a playoff team, and this 3 game losing streak doesn't make us a complete doormat.

We're a team in transition, learning how to play NHL hockey consistently. We played it for 40 minutes tonight, and couldn't keep it together.
please don't take this the wrong way.... you can't *possibly* believe that we played good for the first 40 minutes can you? we were getting eaten alive for the entire freaking game, it was just worse in the 3rd period.... there is no way in hell we deserved to be up by 2 goals going into the 3rd.... we sucked all game, just like we've sucked all season

and yes, lack of skill is our biggest problem - and its not even close really.... staios has as much "compete" in him as any player in the entire league, but he certainly doesn't win you any hockey games.... top-flight players win you hockey games, of which the oilers don't have any .... an argument could be made for hemsky as a top-20 LW, an argument could be made for penner as a top-15 LW and an argument could be made for vishnovsky as a top-25 Dman, but thats it.... after those 3 players we don't have anybody who drives results in games.... sure, brule has been a nice surprise and gagner is clearly making strides, but they aren't of a high enough caliber to win us games.... not even close

to say that this team has enough skill to consistantly win is crazy

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Giant Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilers View Post
That's it, right there. That's all I'm after really. Like I say this team sucks, but the reffs...I mean...have you ever seen another home team bent over the rails like this one?
Here's the thing. Those bad calls didn't cost us the game.

Old
MePutPuckInNet

something I'm really sick and tired of is how easy everyone is on the goaltending.....it's not like JDD is out skating around trying to score in the offensive zone. He's got ONE ******* job to do. Keep the puck out of the net. I get sick of fans and the coach that talk about how forwards or defenseman aren't "helping" their goal tender. Well....wtf....it's his *** JOB.

He was decent for the first 2 periods, made some great saves. But so what? Why can't he ever stop the puck when he's on the post - that was a momentum killer, IMO

People complain so much about every other player on this team, i'd like to see the friggin goalie take a lot more blame than he does.

MePutPuckInNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 01:08 AM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
The progression was an illusion. Some lucky come from behind W's and shootout victories.

What did I say at the time?

Riding happenchance.
The team that we saw on that roadtrip was a team that was earning their wins and taking it to the other team, i don't know why those wins were considered lucky, they generally outplayed their opponents and carried it over to the L.A. game which i thought that they were dominating until the go ahead Kings goal, ever since then, they have crumbled....

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 01:09 AM
Lounge Act*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
You can't seem to handle the truth??

I made a valid point and it's pretty sad that you can't even handle the truth.

Majority of the people in here have said the same **** anyways.

Very classy buddy...
You're the 3rd Nucks fan (edit: makes that the 4th...btw "coilers"? Really?) to comment on the game - AFTER we lost. No wonder no one can stand you guys.

Old
12-20-2009, 01:09 AM
Muscles Glasses

Quote:
Then why do the Oilers always get the raw end of bush league reffing. The Oilers ended up trading Greene because the ref was constantly giving him penalties and the other team got away with the same. The refs don't look favourably on teams that go with youth. The Pens and the Hawks are the exception. The Hawks because they're an original six and the Pens because they have Crosby. End of story.
Lets just ignore the fact that Greene had a career high in Penalty Minutes last year with the Kings. (and was second in the team in PIM's)

But, no please, just go on with your crazy conspiracy theories, I find it hilarious.

Muscles Glasses is offline   Reply With Quote