HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4 - 2 Caps over the oilers(thanks to the refs)

Old
12-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet View Post
something I'm really sick and tired of is how easy everyone is on the goaltending.....it's not like JDD is out skating around trying to score in the offensive zone. He's got ONE ******* job to do. Keep the puck out of the net. I get sick of fans and the coach that talk about how forwards or defenseman aren't "helping" their goal tender. Well....wtf....it's his *** JOB.

He was decent for the first 2 periods, made some great saves. But so what? Why can't he ever stop the puck when he's on the post - that was a momentum killer, IMO

People complain so much about every other player on this team, i'd like to see the friggin goalie take a lot more blame than he does.
As Souray stands there watching Ovechkin score on his 3rd hack.

W T F was Souray doing on that play? Someone buy him some popcorn and pretzels..

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 12:10 AM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola View Post
Your kidding right? Tell me no no tell us what is so positive after that third period collapse. You expect people to be positive, geez FIVE straight LOSSES at home.
Hello mr invisiblecola . I'm afraid you have misinterpreted my post (again) . We could sit here and trade insults for the next ten minutes , or you could go back and read my post again . It says I have no problem with negativity regarding this roster . I haven't liked this roster from day one and the team is sitting just about where I expected them to be . I love these guys , but when all of Stone , Potulny , Jacques , Moreau and Stortini are playing a regular shift it doesn't take a genius to see that you have a thin roster . A non playoff roster .

Although .... I expected them to be in this position without having lost many of their best players for most of the season to date . So I'd have to say that the team is playing a little above my (low) expectations .

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

W T F was Souray doing on that play? Someone buy him some popcorn and pretzels..

souray was invisible tongiht

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
We had a 2-0 lead with twenty minutes to play. We lost 4-2. Refs didnt do that. Ive seen this movie too many times before. And Im sick of it. Whining about the refs is embarrassing. Have we had a disproportionate amount of bad calls against us? Yes. Has this caused us to lose tonight? No. We lost because our players cant follow instructions, they fold under pressure and play scared. Not because of a couple of bad calls.
Well yes. I do agree, however. I really do believe there is a bias. I am waiting for some one to acutally crunch the numbers and put the NHL to shame. The NHL does favor teams just like the caps, it is embarrassing really. Look at the puck over the glass call, they all get together, how could any one say for sure it wasn't tipped (which it was), it is so apperant they got together and basically said, well we don't know, but lets err on the side of letting AO have some fun on a 5-3.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 12:11 AM
DangerMan
@danlizee

Sam Gagner talks a mighty good game, but there is a dude that needs to find himself, its time for him to take the step into manhood and embrace every tough challenge that every other team is going to throw at you. Right now he's outthinking himself and he needs to go out there and just make the play.

DangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Boilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Moo View Post
"The toughest assignment", wow. Talk about spin. Talk about shining a turd.

Please give me the excuses for each of the other 34 games for why it's certainly not Horcoff's fault he's in the bottom 10 for plus-minus.

Here's my explanation: he's not very good.

Occam's Razor, anyone?
He's not very good and the other teams coaches exploit it. It's fun to play against Horcy.

Boilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 12:12 AM
HokieHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
it is so apperant they got together and basically said, well we don't know, but lets err on the side of letting AO have some fun on a 5-3.
That's so far from the truth that it's sad. The refs are not conspiring to help anyone, and continuing to insist on it is ridiculous.

HokieHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 12:14 AM
DangerMan
@danlizee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilers View Post
He's not very good and the other teams coaches exploit it. It's fun to play against Horcy.
I would think it would be fun to play against Horcy. At least I know it wouldn't be a physical battle.

DangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola View Post
Your kidding right? Tell me no no tell us what is so positive after that third period collapse. You expect people to be positive, geez FIVE straight LOSSES at home.
The point of his post was just to get a dig in. Even though he knows I have him on ignore.

Old
sync

whoa whoa whoa.

slow down.

everyone knows +/- is a meaningless stat.

it's meaningless.

sync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieHockey View Post
That's so far from the truth that it's sad. The refs are not conspiring to help anyone, and continuing to insist on it is ridiculous.

I dont think the refs are conspiring--they just suck!

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieHockey View Post
Prove it. The Oilers have had way too many calls go against them this season that it's not even funny. People keep saying it will even out at the end but it won't. It won't when it involves Edmonton and that's a fact. How else do you explain the BS calls against the Oilers game after game after game.

12-20-2009, 12:15 AM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
please don't take this the wrong way.... you can't *possibly* believe that we played good for the first 40 minutes can you? we were getting eaten alive for the entire freaking game, it was just worse in the 3rd period.... there is no way in hell we deserved to be up by 2 goals going into the 3rd.... we sucked all game, just like we've sucked all season

and yes, lack of skill is our biggest problem - and its not even close really.... staios has as much "compete" in him as any player in the entire league, but he certainly doesn't win you any hockey games.... top-flight players win you hockey games, of which the oilers don't have any .... an argument could be made for hemsky as a top-20 LW, an argument could be made for penner as a top-15 LW and an argument could be made for vishnovsky as a top-25 Dman, but thats it.... after those 3 players we don't have anybody who drives results in games.... sure, brule has been a nice surprise and gagner is clearly making strides, but they aren't of a high enough caliber to win us games.... not even close

to say that this team has enough skill to consistantly win is crazy

Yeah, why do people think that this team played well after 40 minutes tonight, i must have watched a different game..... The game that i saw showed JDD standing on his head after 40 minutes and the Oielrs not creating much at all in the offensive zone, that was one of the most undeserved 2-0 leads that i've ever seen.

CupofOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Senor Catface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
You can't seem to handle the truth??

I made a valid point and it's pretty sad that you can't even handle the truth.

Majority of the people in here have said the same **** anyways.

Very classy buddy...
If you don't understand why some Oiler fans won't respond well to a Canucks fan saying the obvious then you're a tad oblivious. Fair comment or not.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Boilers*

Quote:
Here's the thing. Those bad calls didn't cost us the game.

They sure as hell didn't help matters. Hmm, let's use the better quality players killing penalties, then they'll be tired for 5 on 5 play. Sweet. Christ if you wanted to fix a game it's a sure way to go though.

Boilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HokieHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I dont think the refs are conspiring--they just suck!
That very well may be true.... but if they're not conspiring than, over the course of the season, you will benefit from their mistakes as often as you are hurt by them. It's a coin toss.

Old
jadeddog

Quote:
"The toughest assignment", wow. Talk about spin. Talk about shining a turd.

Please give me the excuses for each of the other 34 games for why it's certainly not Horcoff's fault he's in the bottom 10 for plus-minus.

Here's my explanation: he's not very good.

Occam's Razor, anyone?
+1 .... there is a reason that horcoff is statistically in the 200th range for forwards in the league.... the stats don't lie.... he's 138th in goals, 268th in assists, 218th in points and 773rd in plus/minus league wide ... he's terrible, but yet he's the 53rd highest paid player in the entire league

horcoff is the perfect example of whats wrong with the oilers... role players paid like stars/superstars and not even performing up to role players levels of play.... until we can somehow get rid of these players, we'll never be anything more than the laughing stock of the league.... and make no bones about it, we *are* one of the laughing stocks of the league

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Senor Catface

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
please don't take this the wrong way.... you can't *possibly* believe that we played good for the first 40 minutes can you? we were getting eaten alive for the entire freaking game, it was just worse in the 3rd period.... there is no way in hell we deserved to be up by 2 goals going into the 3rd.... we sucked all game, just like we've sucked all season

and yes, lack of skill is our biggest problem - and its not even close really.... staios has as much "compete" in him as any player in the entire league, but he certainly doesn't win you any hockey games.... top-flight players win you hockey games, of which the oilers don't have any .... an argument could be made for hemsky as a top-20 LW, an argument could be made for penner as a top-15 LW and an argument could be made for vishnovsky as a top-25 Dman, but thats it.... after those 3 players we don't have anybody who drives results in games.... sure, brule has been a nice surprise and gagner is clearly making strides, but they aren't of a high enough caliber to win us games.... not even close

to say that this team has enough skill to consistantly win is crazy
First off Hemsky is a RW, and it would be very easy to consider him a top 10 RW considering the last 5 year he's almost always in the top 10 for PPG.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Ghostbuster

Just got back.

Oil crushed my hopes...again.

Washington fans are stupid. Or should I say Ovechkin fans.

Some guy had a Eskimo's Ovechkin jersey.

Staios was amazing on the 5 on 3.

Deslauriers started off amazing, but then he decided not to hug his posts and Ovechkin got 2 very preventable goals. His rebound control was pretty terrible tonight. Not like it's good though.

Smid and Visnovsky are also awesome.

The forwards were a uninspired pile of junk today, outside of Nilsson.

Reffing didn't lose us the game.

We got walked over physically, where was Jacques?

Ghostbuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Yeah, why do people think that this team played well after 40 minutes tonight, i must have watched a different game..... The game that i saw showed JDD standing on his head after 40 minutes and the Oielrs not creating much at all in the offensive zone, that was one of the most undeserved 2-0 leads that i've ever seen.
This I agree with. JDD was solid. The Cogs goal was hands of god stuff from the goaline off a defenders skate.

We were very lucky to be up in the game and basically riding JDD.

He's probably getting IV fluids right about now.

Old
12-20-2009, 12:18 AM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyah83 View Post
I would think it would be fun to play against Horcy. At least I know it wouldn't be a physical battle.
No I really do believe that. I know this is factless, but I know a guy who use to ref in the NHL. He said it is full well true. The NHL will die by the mandate they must prop up American teams. I mean look at the joke in Pheonix, they actually buy a team that is losing money jsut to keep them there.

There actually is some proof already, looking at how many calls Candian teams get when American teams play them. I want some one to step up with a statistical paper that proves it.

I mean really, is it so hard to believe, it is dollars and cents man. The NHL has so much to gain from having American teams win the cup. It isn't a crazy conspiracy theory in my books, it is looking at what is right in front of your face.

I would be a bold as saying a Canadian team won't win the cup as long as Bettman is president.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MePutPuckInNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

Sure,,,,but what the hell was Delauriers doing? He's the goalie. He's the guy. What else does he do but stand there and wait for the puck to come to him so he can stop it? Of course, we can blame everyone else on the ice.....but c'mon.....the guy standing in the blue paint needs to step up and get it done.

MePutPuckInNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Just got back.

Oil crushed my hopes...again.

Washington fans are stupid. Or should I say Ovechkin fans.

Some guy had a Eskimo's Ovechkin jersey.

Staios was amazing on the 5 on 3.

Deslauriers started off amazing, but then he decided not to hug his posts and Ovechkin got 2 very preventable goals. His rebound control was pretty terrible tonight. Not like it's good though.

Smid and Visnovsky are also awesome.

The forwards were a uninspired pile of junk today, outside of Nilsson.

Reffing didn't lose us the game.
He's probably still an Oilers fan. People are gay for AO everywhere.

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lounge Act View Post
You're the 3rd Nucks fan (edit: makes that the 4th...btw "coilers"? Really?) to comment on the game - AFTER we lost. No wonder no one can stand you guys.
I comment on here all the time and it's not like I said something wrong or I was trying to stir the pot here.

If you don't like my comments then feel free to ignore them.

Attack the guys that come on here to start ****. It's hilarious how an Oiler fan can bash the Oilers all he wants and yet nobody says anything but as soon as a non-Oiler fan says anything about the Oilers people go crazy.

I'm not just a Canucks fan but I'm a hockey fan as well. I call it like I see it and it was pretty obvious that the Caps were ready to kick ass as soon as the 3rd period started.

Were there some bad calls or some missed calls?? Sure but that's the same in pretty much every game around the league. I'm pretty sure the Oilers have had their share of bad calls go for them and against them this season.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 12:19 AM
HokieHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
Prove it. The Oilers have had way too many calls go against them this season that it's not even funny. People keep saying it will even out at the end but it won't. It won't when it involves Edmonton and that's a fact. How else do you explain the BS calls against the Oilers game after game after game.
There is no acceptable statistic measuring the validity of judgement calls. I can't "prove" my point. You can't "prove" yours. All you can do is rely on logic, and that doesn't appear to be easy for some people.