HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Best fight you have ever seen?

Old
12-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbec Rules View Post
Last years fight between Staubitz and Tootoo is my favorite in the past several years. Got to give extra points for the amount of blood. I don't know how to put the video in but it is easy to find on hockey fights or you tube.
beauty tilt

Drop The Mits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 10:52 PM
yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post
PJ Stock v. Stephen Peat.
Rockem sockem robots..
This.

Actual fight begins around 1:25 mark.

yay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 10:53 PM
jcorb58

Dave Brown destroying Stu Grimson, Don Cherry said it was one of the worst beatings had seen anyone take. A couple days before an Edm- Cal home and home series Brown took a puck above his left eye opening him up for a few stitches. In Edmonton Brownie and Grimsom dropped the mits and Stu opened up the stitches. If he would of let things go at that Brownie might not of been so hell bent on revenge but the papers all week were filled with Grimson bragging about how he had laid a beatdown on Brown. About 7 mins into the return match Brownie absolutely destroyed the kid. I taped it and counted about 14 unanswered shots solidly connecting to Grimsons face. Brown was literally holding the guy up with one arm while he kept pummeling him with the other. I got to give Grimson credit that after his orbitable bone healed he continued his career. Funny cartoon caption from the Calgary Sun was The Calgary coach trying to teach Mike Tyson to skate lol.

jcorb58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 11:01 PM
bruinsfan46

There was the same thread a while ago: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=703261

Here's the best I've ever seen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Trevor Senn vs. Ken Tasker

UNBELIEVABLE fight.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorb58 View Post
Dave Brown destroying Stu Grimson, Don Cherry said it was one of the worst beatings had seen anyone take. A couple days before an Edm- Cal home and home series Brown took a puck above his left eye opening him up for a few stitches. In Edmonton Brownie and Grimsom dropped the mits and Stu opened up the stitches. If he would of let things go at that Brownie might not of been so hell bent on revenge but the papers all week were filled with Grimson bragging about how he had laid a beatdown on Brown. About 7 mins into the return match Brownie absolutely destroyed the kid. I taped it and counted about 14 unanswered shots solidly connecting to Grimsons face. Brown was literally holding the guy up with one arm while he kept pummeling him with the other. I got to give Grimson credit that after his orbitable bone healed he continued his career. Funny cartoon caption from the Calgary Sun was The Calgary coach trying to teach Mike Tyson to skate lol.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:55 AM
jacklours

Quote:
There was the same thread a while ago: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=703261

That must have been an insane fight to see live. It is crazy to see on youtube.

jacklours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 01:05 PM
SML

Maybe it is because I was a kid and had just started watching hockey, but I always looked forward to Bruins/Canadiens because I always knew John Kordic and Jay Miller were going to get down to business.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzVFg7QI2qo

They just don't do it like that anymore. The fights in the 80's in my opinion, were driven out of real honest to goodness dislike for one another. You can see it. Now it seems like there's too many guys living by "the code" where you don't fight a guy if he's hurting, one of you are not at the end of a shift, and you pat the other guy on his ass after the fight. I prefer the old way. True animosity makes for some damn fine entertainment.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 07:43 PM
jktsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead16 View Post
Thanks for this one. When I saw the topic, I was gonna say any fight with John Mirasty is in my "best fights" list. I also liked Boll/Tootoo nowhere near the best fight but a homer pick.

jktsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Avery4Byng*

I am going to reply to this with the best fight I have seen LIVE at a game. I can`t remember the exact season but I think it was the 96-97 season. Rocky Thompson was the legit heavyweight champ of the WHL, and Scott Parker was tearing up the western conference with the gloves off. The fight was hyped by media, fans etc and of course it happened. It was Thompson's boxing style against Parker's size and strength. I remember Thompson's long hair flailing around and his creepy grin on his face. (I was 14 at the time). Only clip I can find is this short one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RcJhXhDgS4

Avery4Byng* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:16 PM
c-carp

These kind of lists change all the time but here are some of mine

Ryan Vandenbuschhe vs Kyle Frederick-They just pound on each other for well over a minute and at some point you can see teeth or caps that were on teeth flying out of Fredericks mouth.

Shane Churla vs Kevin Maguire-It looks like they sped up the film on this one their arms are moving so fast.

Bob Probert vs Craig Coxe 2-Both of their bouts were classics but I prefer this one.

Joey Kocur vs Link Gaetz- they had 2 classic battles when the Missing link was cutting his teeth as an NHL fighter with the North Stars.

Ron Delorme vs Jamie Macoun-I have seen a still frame view of this bout and these guys land a ton of big shots on each other.

Wendel Clark vs Behn Wilson-This is my favorite Wendel Clark fight ever, he holds his own with Behn Wilson who was one of the toughest SOB's ever.

Sandy McCarthy vs Marty McSorley-They have had a few beauties this one occures off of a face off where they actually come in to take the draw and is a marathon.

Reed Low vs PJ Stock-This one is a great bout ranking just a hair below the PJ Stock Steven Peat bout that has been posted.

Robert Dirk va Mark Tinordi-A toe to toe bout that is among my favorite Blues fights ever.

The Tasker vs Senn Clip got me thinking about some of my favorite bouts from the minors and juniors.

Tasker vs Senn-This was a war and the clip is already posted here.

Mel Anglestad vs Darcy Hordichuk-They had two dandies vs each other when they played in the IHL both are wars, the first bout is my favorite.

Bruce Ramsay vs Curtis Head-I first saw this bout on a genaric store bought tape and the announcer just goes ape **** and for good reason this is a great fight.

Steve Mclaren vs Chris Murray-This toe to toe beauty occured in the Memorial cup Finals.

Francis Lessard vs Eric Godard-This AHL battle is a classic and they also have a great fight in the NHL as rookies.

PJ Stock vs Tyler Willis-Wills is the toughest SOB I have ever seen play in person he has a had a couple of great toe to toe bouts with PJ.

Steve Mclaren vs Scott Parker-This is an AHL clip and Parker breaks McLaren's nose with the first shot but Mclaren eats the shot and keeps throwing and wins the fight.

Rocky Thompson vs Scott Parker-Thompson was a very very exciting fighter who should have made it full time in the show and has a great WHL fight with Parker here.

PJ Stock vs Brian Kenny-Toe 2 Toe here also.

Ryan Vandenbuschhe vs Tom Sullivan-This marathon form the OHL is one of my all time favorites.

Tony Joseph vs Jim Sprott-Another great toe to toe OHL battle

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:34 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:

Beat me to it.

bladoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 11:01 AM
mkladder18

The best fight I've seen is probably the brawl in hockeytown, avs vs wings. Boogaard is always fun to watch too.

mkladder18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 11:42 AM
HabsAtak

Best fight I ever saw was live at an AHL game. It was back in the mid 90s when the Edmonton Oilers farm team was in Hamilton. They were playing the Albany River Rats, the New Jersey farm team. Scott Walker was a defensemen back then and Reid Simpson was playing for the River Rats. They dropped the gloves and man what a scrap. They must of each thrown over 50 punches and all of them landed, it was insane. The fight lasted over 2 minutes. When it was over both players went to the penalty box to serve their 5 mintues. Almost at the same time each player grabbed 3 ice bags from the coolers they keep in the penalty box and proceeded to place 1 on each hand and 1 on their face.

Most memorable fight I ever saw live besides the big brawl between Montreal and Quebec in 84.

Habsatak

HabsAtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:19 PM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

You dont want to see a guy get hurt. But, Clark Gillies—who I have met in person and is so quiet, unassuming and nice—beat the living you know what out of Hospadar.

These were the good old days where Islanders put Rangers in their place—on the ice and beaten to crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE-Fx63xxrE&feature=fvw

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:22 PM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

Any of the fights in the 1980 Gillies vs O'Reilly brawls. It went on in a way that is not seen today. They had MULTIPLE fights per game, and the hay makers they were throwing at each other—Im not sure how either of them could stand the battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsl76ewN2Uw

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 03:45 PM
PHYS251

Perhaps not the best fight *ever*, but a glimpse of the bench-clearing brawls that are rare these days. Listening to the Sabres' announcer is half the entertainment!

PHYS251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 10:30 AM
jb**

one of the better live ones in the early 90's was Terry Carkner vs Probert at the spectrum. the you tube doesnt do it justice though.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Steve466

You could pretty much list Bob Probert's best fights for this. That bout with McSorley is still the one that stands out for me, but the old Probert vs. Domi fights were also classics.
My favourite of all time though, was the Detroit Colorado brawl. Claude Lemieux was a marked man and everyone knew it was just a matter of time, and everyone knew it was going to be huge.

Steve466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 03:38 PM
VladNYC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHYS251 View Post
Perhaps not the best fight *ever*, but a glimpse of the bench-clearing brawls that are rare these days. Listening to the Sabres' announcer is half the entertainment!

One of my favorite hockey moments of all time. That Buffalo team was soo much fun to watch and their announcer RJ is the best in the biz. That team should have definitely won the cup.

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 09:42 PM
StanJonathan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead16 View Post
This is my top NHL fight.

Total agreement here. Even tho Rippers and Brooks was a good one too

StanJonathan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
davenash

It wasn't a great fight per se, but I saw Brad Richards fight Mike Ribeiro in the Q back in the day and it was great. They were both small, the leaders of their team and they usually never fight. It was so odd but the arena came unglued.

And Richards won

davenash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Badger36

This is typical for a Wisconsin vs Minnesota game.

Badger36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 10:26 PM
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHYS251 View Post

isnt this the fight where the one sen player and sabres player hugging?

redwings85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 06:11 PM
devsfan87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadCat View Post
clark gillies breaks ed hospodar's face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE-Fx63xxrE
I was at this game. Friend who was not familiar with Rangers asks me who would win btween "Boxcar" and IMO the most devastating fighter in the NHL since I statted watching in 1970, Clarke Gillies.
I told me buddy Gillies would kill Hospodar. 10 minutes later Eddie was missing a few chicklets.

devsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Ogie Goldthorpe
Piloted Ogre Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Some of the better scraps I've seen(will track down youtubes when I'm not at work)...

Coxe vs. Probert - these two had some absolutely epic tilts.
Walker vs. Keane - so many punches thrown--and landed--in that fight. Just unbelievable.
May vs. McRae was pretty epic. Loved May's happy feet at the start, Jeanerette's call was awesome, and the big bomb May lands to end the fight was outstanding. Look at the reaction of the crowd and the players and tell me fighting doesn't belong in the game.

~Canucklehead~
You named some of my favourites there... I'd add Odjick vs. The St. Louis Blues. Not the best "fight" of all time, but it can't be beat for unbridled mayhem.

Old school... Delorme vs Mulvey and Delorme vs. Macoun were pretty good too.

Ogie Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote