HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Anders Eriksson Recalled; Schlemko Re-assigned

Old
12-20-2009, 06:37 PM
SR

vCash: 500
Anders Eriksson Recalled; Schlemko Re-assigned

Quote:
12/20/2009 Anders Eriksson (D) San Antonio DEL Recalled from loan by Phoenix (NHL)
12/20/2009 David Schlemko (D) San Antonio ADD Returned on loan from Phoenix (NHL)
http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php

SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 06:39 PM
ducky

A bit strange?

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 06:41 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
I thought Schlemko was playing pretty well up here. I guess Tippett wants a more veteran presence maybe?

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 07:34 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
A bit strange?
Remember when Maloney was reportedly looking for a D, Chelios's name came up, and the boards went nuts with, "we'll give you defenseman (fill in the blank) for Mueller?" Ericksson was the guy he settled on instead of Chelios. Nothing more than an inexpensive, #6 veteran defender.

If Sauer was coming back in the next week or two, probably doesn't make this move. Was hearing Sauer not back until just before or just after the Olympic break. Think this makes that official.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 07:55 PM
PhoPhan

Schlemko has looked overexposed the past few weeks.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Alamo

I honestly can't wait until Sauer comes back and we get to see the completely healthy defense which we have yet to see.

Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 09:44 PM

When did we get Anders Eriksson signed to a contract, or is this a sign and tryout? I must have missed the signing over the summer if it's the same Eriksson I think it is (drafted by Detroit, traded to CHI for Chelios?).

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

I laugh at the people who actually think Schlemko was good. He was HORRIBLE! Cant clear pucks. He doesnt belong in the NHL. NEXT.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 10:12 PM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
When did we get Anders Eriksson signed to a contract, or is this a sign and tryout? I must have missed the signing over the summer if it's the same Eriksson I think it is (drafted by Detroit, traded to CHI for Chelios?).
The same one.

He was on a PTO in San Antonio earlier, but I don't recall him ever being signed to an actual NHL contract. But, I guess it happened at some point because it looks like he's been called up.

k1llua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 12:08 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Meh. What evs. Lepisto hasn't looked great lately, either. A few sub-par performances in the last handful of games, in my opinion.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 01:54 AM
52G228PIM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Meh. What evs. Lepisto hasn't looked great lately, either. A few sub-par performances in the last handful of games, in my opinion.
Agreed..

52G228PIM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 01:58 AM
yakko

Quote:
Indeed. Sauer can't come back soon enough.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Piokinen

Quote:
Yes I also agree on that, but actually I liked the skillset that Schlemko brought to the table more than what Lepisto offered. Schlemko paired with Yandle looked better over the first 5-6 games than Yandle-Lepisto which started the season.
But still interesting that Schlemko got reassigned, he had more icetime a better +/- and more Points over the last weeks compared to Lepisto.

Piokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 12:06 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

NHL transaction wire doesn't show a report for Schlemko being reassigned, though the AHL transaction report does.

Is it possible they didn't get the assignment filed before the holiday roster freeze went into effect at midnight Dec 19th? Guess we'll find out soon enough.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 12:26 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
NHL transaction wire doesn't show a report for Schlemko being reassigned, though the AHL transaction report does.

Is it possible they didn't get the assignment filed before the holiday roster freeze went into effect at midnight Dec 19th? Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Capgeek showing Eriksson signed two-way deal for $600,000 ($100,000 AHL salary). Shows Schlemko demoted Dec. 20, Eriksson called up same day. Perhaps announcement lagged filing of the paperwork?

Schlemko is showing on Rampage roster as of this AM, Eriksson is not. Eriksson not listed on Coyotes website roster as of this AM, but is showing on the Capgeek roster and his cap hit has been applied.

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?pid=1577&pos=D

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 12:45 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

The press release is kinda weird:

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=510715

Quote:
Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney announced that the Coyotes have re-assigned defenseman David Schlemko to their American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the San Antonio Rampage, retroactive to Dec. 19.
I know you can retroactively put a player on IR, but I didn't know you could retroactively reassign a player. Hopefully they just used the wrong word "retroactive" rather than something like "effective as of".

Old
12-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Kaizen

When the league owns the team they can do what they want.

And yes, I'm sure the PA would have an issue if it doesn't comform to the proper protocols.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 03:30 PM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
When the league owns the team they can do what they want.

Old
12-22-2009, 05:30 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Things like this is why Schlemko was re-assigned (ANA game on 12/19).

Goal #1 - He's the player that ends up BEHIND Bryz as the giftwrapped goal was scored:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...9&event=ANA212

Goal #2 - Schlemko (at the start of the video) is the player that was lagging way way behind the play because he was tied up with another player.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...9&event=ANA431

That's just not very good hockey smarts.

You all want to blame Jovo for two stupid penalties in this game that lead to goals? Schlemko is responsible for two as well.

Last edited by Dolemite: 12-22-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 08:30 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

What's Lepisto's contract situation? He has more NHL games under his belt, so may be subject to waivers if/when we were to recall him?

Both youngsters were starting to breakdown. Eriksson brings a veteran presence. I thought he was a slower skater than he looked last night, but the only time I really noticed him was when he turned the puck over in our end late in the game and was forced to take a hooking penalty... Only noticing one gaffe is an upgrade on the other two!

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 02:23 PM
k1llua

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
What's Lepisto's contract situation? He has more NHL games under his belt, so may be subject to waivers if/when we were to recall him?

Both youngsters were starting to breakdown. Eriksson brings a veteran presence. I thought he was a slower skater than he looked last night, but the only time I really noticed him was when he turned the puck over in our end late in the game and was forced to take a hooking penalty... Only noticing one gaffe is an upgrade on the other two!
Lepisto isn't subject to waivers but he is on a one way contract and would be paid his full salary no matter where he plays. They might as well have him make his 500k in the NHL as opposed to the AHL.

Old
12-22-2009, 02:34 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Lepisto isn't subject to waivers yet, but he will be soon when he plays his 60th career NHL game. He's currently at 46 games with 32 of them coming this season.

Old
12-22-2009, 04:59 PM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
Lepisto isn't subject to waivers but he is on a one way contract and would be paid his full salary no matter where he plays. They might as well have him make his 500k in the NHL as opposed to the AHL.
I'd rather have him getting minutes in the AHL than sitting in the press box in the NHL.

Old
12-22-2009, 05:02 PM
k1llua

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
I'd rather have him getting minutes in the AHL than sitting in the press box in the NHL.
I would also, but the league, running a bankrupt team with the ownership situation still not resolved would probably beg to differ.

Old
12-22-2009, 05:21 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
I would also, but the league, running a bankrupt team with the ownership situation still not resolved would probably beg to differ.
I can't imagine why the league would give a crap who goes where. It's not like the team budget is affected one bit. If a reassignment helps the team win, it can also drive up attendance and buyer interest. At this point, that's all Bettman should care about.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote