HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part V

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2010, 10:15 AM
kidAcbj
Ohhh Canadaaaa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
urban won't be going to ND...as the resident gator here...from the info i have heard/read, he's seriously holding out for when tressel leaves....

now, his contract has an out clause for 3 schools (ND, tOSU, scUM) so anything is possible, but according to one of the "insider" boards for the gators I go to, he really wants to come back to Ohio over ND...
He can definitely come back to Bowling Green! Nice relaxing far town, no pressure. Then we'll make it back to the top 25. It'll be good for his health!

Old
01-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I didn't know he had an out for any other school other than Notre Dame...let alone OSU.

I guess the Notre Dame media hype machine has pulled another fast one over me again!
yeah he negotiated it when he came to UF...that is actually documented in his book (which, even to non UF fans...great read) he told them that those three schools would be the only ones he would leave UF to go to....its funny to note, that there isn't an NFL out clause...only ones for those three schools....

loose rumors have Tress playing out the next 4 yrs of his contract and retiring at 60 and Urban moving into the role at tOSU for the rest of his career....take it with a grain of salt, but I could realistically see it....

Old
01-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Ar-too

Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
I do.

I was rooting for Cincy. Never had a beef with them and my wife's family are fans. Rough game. Benagls season was good early and average late. Bummer. Thinking about Shayne Graham makes my stomach hurt.
That's what fans of teams that haven't won 6 Super Bowls refer to as a "stomach punch". He should be cut today.

Old
01-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
I make no bones about it that I'm a Bengals fan, and aside from bashing Cleveland Ownership and Management lately (they deserve to be btw) I have few problem with Browns fans....

But come on...

Start posting on the Pens forum's Other Sports thread if you're a fan of those "other guys"

I lurk over there, do more posting about the Pirates over there than the Steelers.

The worst part about being a Steelers fan in Columbus is that CBS would rather show a Browns-Raiders game over a Steelers-Colts game even if the Steelers and Colts were both undefeated.

I've got no quarrel with Browns or Bengals fans. Now those Cowboys fans are another story..

Old
01-10-2010, 03:55 PM
CBJ 97 61 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
I lurk over there, do more posting about the Pirates over there than the Steelers.

The worst part about being a Steelers fan in Columbus is that CBS would rather show a Browns-Raiders game over a Steelers-Colts game even if the Steelers and Colts were both undefeated.

I've got no quarrel with Browns or Bengals fans. Now those Cowboys fans are another story..
GOOD! This is Columbus. Columbus is in Ohio. Cincinnati and Cleveland are also in Ohio. Pittsburgh is not in Ohio. Therefore, there are 2 Ohio football teams, not 3. Under no circumstances should ANY other team be played over a Cleveland or Cincinnati game. For everyone that says Bengal fans are annoying when they are good, Pittsburgh fans are just as annoying with their sense of entitlement. Just because your team is good most years, and you live sorta close to them, doesn't mean they should be on tv over the local teams. Cleveland and Cincinnati are local, Pittsburgh is not. Move there or buy the package if you want to see them.

Old
01-10-2010, 04:01 PM
CBJ 97 61 16

The Bengals game was very frustrating. I made a list of three reasons why the Bengals lost.

1. Maualuga being out. He may be just a rookie, but he was the heart and soul of that defense and was huge in the run game. That's where the Jets had the most success. I think if Maualuga had been playing, the Jets would not have been able to run as well as they did.

2. Turnovers. You can't turn the ball over twice in the first quarter and expect to win. -2 in the turnover category is unacceptable. You just can't win when you turn the ball over, end of story.

3. Revis. Just an absolute blanket on defense. He alone makes you one dimensional. The list of receivers he was able to shut down this year is staggering. He addded OchoCinco on there twice at the end. Nothing was able to be done through the air and they wasted an amazing game by Benson.

Overall, when you win the division, it's a good year. I'm not going to complain. Every team in the division next year should be improved. It's going to be another tough year again next year. Hopefully we don't fall apart again like we did after the 05 season.

Old
01-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ 97 61 16 View Post
GOOD! This is Columbus. Columbus is in Ohio. Cincinnati and Cleveland are also in Ohio. Pittsburgh is not in Ohio. Therefore, there are 2 Ohio football teams, not 3. Under no circumstances should ANY other team be played over a Cleveland or Cincinnati game. For everyone that says Bengal fans are annoying when they are good, Pittsburgh fans are just as annoying with their sense of entitlement. Just because your team is good most years, and you live sorta close to them, doesn't mean they should be on tv over the local teams. Cleveland and Cincinnati are local, Pittsburgh is not. Move there or buy the package if you want to see them.
I have the package, but I'd rather not have it. I realize this is Columbus (not Cleveland or Cincinnati) so why are people in Columbus forced to watch 1 or 2 teams, which are usually bad? Pittsburgh only takes an hour longer to get to than Cleveland.

The problem is that CBS (Fox too) doesn't show the best games, they'd show a game featuring two 2-12 teams over one featuring two 12-2 teams just because they are closer to Columbus (which doesn't have an NFL team).

Pittsburgh, Indy and Detroit are just as "local" as Cleveland and Cincinnati. In cities more than 75 miles from the nearest NFL team they should show the best games in that time slot regardless.

My argument would be the same as yours, ff you want to see them move there or get the package.

Old
01-10-2010, 04:32 PM
CBJ 97 61 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
I have the package, but I'd rather not have it. I realize this is Columbus (not Cleveland or Cincinnati) so why are people in Columbus forced to watch 1 or 2 teams, which are usually bad? Pittsburgh only takes an hour longer to get to than Cleveland.

The problem is that CBS (Fox too) doesn't show the best games, they'd show a game featuring two 2-12 teams over one featuring two 12-2 teams just because they are closer to Columbus (which doesn't have an NFL team).

Pittsburgh, Indy and Detroit are just as "local" as Cleveland and Cincinnati. In cities more than 75 miles from the nearest NFL team they should show the best games in that time slot regardless.

My argument would be the same as yours, ff you want to see them move there or get the package.

What does this mean? It means that the closer teams to Columbus are the local teams! So, if the Browns are 12-2 and the Steelers are 2-12, it wouldn't be a big deal if the Browns were on local tv in the middle of Pennsylvania?

Old
01-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Unreal, they play R&R part 2 at Oregon University Basketball games but not professional hockey games in Columbus...

Is Cowtown real?

Old
01-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Unreal, they play R&R part 2 at Oregon University Basketball games but not professional hockey games in Columbus...

Is Cowtown real?
Well, here's the reason. Gary Glitter (who did Rock & Roll Part 2) is a sex offender. More specifically, he has been indicted numerous times for offenses related to molesting children as young as 10.

Every time that his music is played, he collects royalties as a result of it. It's outside the jurisdiction of any court to strip him of the right to collect royalties no matter what he's done.

As such, a lot of pro teams switched over to a different standard song so Glitter couldn't continue to benefit financially. But if you'd rather trash team management for refusing to pad the wallet of a child molester, be my guest.

Old
01-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palinka View Post
Well, here's the reason. Gary Glitter (who did Rock & Roll Part 2) is a sex offender. More specifically, he has been indicted numerous times for offenses related to molesting children as young as 10.

Every time that his music is played, he collects royalties as a result of it. It's outside the jurisdiction of any court to strip him of the right to collect royalties no matter what he's done.

As such, a lot of pro teams switched over to a different standard song so Glitter couldn't continue to benefit financially. But if you'd rather trash team management for refusing to pad the wallet of a child molester, be my guest.

I can't back this up with links but a fan on another board ran the numbers based on fact several years ago.. GIltter gets about 1 cent every time the song is played after all is said and done..

After four years he has earned about $800 bucks and the Jackets have missed around 80 goals due to fans on their hands because of it... crazy.

It's the carry over from the Chill chant that doomed the chant in Nationwide, ask any Chill fan and they will tell you.

Old
01-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ 97 61 16 View Post
What does this mean? It means that the closer teams to Columbus are the local teams! So, if the Browns are 12-2 and the Steelers are 2-12, it wouldn't be a big deal if the Browns were on local tv in the middle of Pennsylvania?
In the middle of PA, no it wouldn't. 20 miles from Pittsburgh yes, but not in the middle of the state.

I want to see the best games, games that matter in the standings, not two garbage teams who are playing for draft position.

If that means watching a Raiders-Seahawks game instead of a "local" game then so be it. Like you said, if you want to see a teams games move there or get the package.

Old
01-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
After four years he has earned about $800 bucks and the Jackets have missed around 80 goals due to fans on their hands because of it... crazy.
Geez, Robert. This is totally unverifiable.

This is why your good stuff sometimes goes overlooked/ignored.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 01-11-2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: harsh
Old
01-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Kiffln to USC per Mellingtons twitter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=4820737

hahahahahaha.

01-13-2010, 08:06 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Kiffln to USC per Mellingtons twitter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=4820737

hahahahahaha.
Rocky Top Baby!! I guess ol Kiff didn't want to play 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th in the SEC each season....

On another topic, OSU beat the 6th ranked Purdue Boilermakers last night, on the road.... Got 32 pts from Turner....

Old
01-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post

On another topic, OSU beat the 6th ranked Purdue Boilermakers last night, on the road.... Got 32 pts from Turner....
Coming from 12 down at halftime. Impressive comeback and a desperately needed Big Ten win.

Old
01-15-2010, 06:50 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

The Crew select Dilly Duka and Bright Dike. Apparently, they failed in attempts to trade up to pick Willy Wonka. Take heart, though, one may officially go "Bunbury-ing" in Kansas City, next year!

Old
01-17-2010, 11:14 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,214050

What the Hell??

Former NFL first round pick Gaines Adams, 26, is dead.

Old
01-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Great matches last night in the Aussie Open, Roddick won a classic 5 setter over Gonzalez, and before that, Cilic beat US Open champion Del Potro in 5 sets.

Some good matches today too, my boy Novak will play later tonight. Davydenko vs Verdasco, and Wozniacki vs Li.

Old
01-24-2010, 03:22 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Upset possible in the NFL. Jets are handling the Colts much better than I thought they would, though the Colts are coming back. 17-13.

Last edited by CBJSprague24: 01-24-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old
01-24-2010, 04:56 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Well, so much for the Upset.... All is as it should be at this point....

Colts will win this game, barring a miracle.

Old
01-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Great matches last night in the Aussie Open, Roddick won a classic 5 setter over Gonzalez, and before that, Cilic beat US Open champion Del Potro in 5 sets.

Some good matches today too, my boy Novak will play later tonight. Davydenko vs Verdasco, and Wozniacki vs Li.
That Roddick match was awesome. Gonzo fell apart in the fifth.

Good on ESPN for all the shots of Gonzo's girlfriend.

Old
01-26-2010, 12:51 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Roddick playing with an injured shoulder right now, loses the first 2 sets, somehow wins the 3rd when he's in obvious pain with every shot, and now is up a break in the 4th set. Unbelievable.

Old
01-26-2010, 07:19 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Roddick playing with an injured shoulder right now, loses the first 2 sets, somehow wins the 3rd when he's in obvious pain with every shot, and now is up a break in the 4th set. Unbelievable.
A-Rod falls short. Bummer. Brackets turning into snoozers.

Old
01-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Sad news about Nadal getting hurt, but the good news is that my boy Djokovic will be the #2 player in the world. (and #1 if he beats Federer in the semi's)

Closed Thread