HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buff-Philly

Old
12-21-2009, 12:14 AM
nEaLB4ZoD

vCash: 500
Buff-Philly

To Buffalo:

Carter

To Philly:

Connolly
Stafford
1st

or

Connolly
Enroth
2nd

or

Roy
2nd

nEaLB4ZoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 12:18 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly flyers 18 View Post
I don't think anymore has to be said (even though I am a fan of Connolly).

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 12:23 AM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I don't think anymore has to be said (even though I am a fan of Connolly).
Ok well all I have been hearing from Flyers fans lately is how lazy Carter is and how much they want him gone. Personally I would be willing to give up more but it is kind of hard to gauge his value. Plus name the last time a Star player has been traded for what people on this board think he is worth? I think a lot of people on this board have no idea what they are taking about when it comes to trade values.

Old
12-21-2009, 12:23 AM
ILuvLucic*

Start with Myers.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 12:25 AM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezia View Post
Start with Myers.
Exactly what I am talking about.

Old
12-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzHockey View Post
Ok well all I have been hearing from Flyers fans lately is how lazy Carter is and how much they want him gone. Personally I would be willing to give up more but it is kind of hard to gauge his value. Plus name the last time a Star player has been traded for what people on this board think he is worth? I think a lot of people on this board have no idea what they are taking about when it comes to trade values.
1) If you think that all Flyers fans what him gone then, well, you should listen to some other Flyers fans. We don't want him gone (at least not most of us). We just think a shakeup could be coming eventually and he could be one of the players on the chopping block. The only people I've seen that have said that Flyers fans want Carter gone are the same people that keep making these Carter proposals.

2) Stars don't get traded very often so it's hard to judge. I'm realistic when it comes to trades, but there is literally not reason for us to have any interest in that trade. There's no reason for us to want those players and most would consider it under-payment. Even if you don't think it's under-payment, there's still no reason whatsoever for us to want guys like Stafford or Roy.

3) I agree that most people on this board don't know what they're talking about when it comes to trade values. However, that's why I don't make proposals and that's why the only topics I even touch are Philly proposals.

EDIT: You really think that Myers isn't worth trading to get Carter? I understand that there's untouchable prospects and players. I understand that Myers might be one of them, but there's a good chance that you would have to give up a player like that for Carter.

Old
12-21-2009, 12:29 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Exactly what I am talking about.
? Not sure if I'm reading this correct. Myers has played 35 games in the NHl. Carter is a proven center in the NHL and has scored 46 goals and averaged over PPG. Above average in his own zone (way above IMO) and you don't think Myers should be included. I understand your fans love fest for him just as ours for Giroux but I'm sorry that makes no sense. Plus we need goal scoring, if we traded Carter it would include more offense and a couple prospects/picks coming back.

Old
12-21-2009, 12:30 AM
ILuvLucic*

You think Philly will trade a young 40+ goal scoring center for beans? It is quite the rare commodity in this league so you better pay up. If not you crazy.

Old
12-21-2009, 12:37 AM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
? Not sure if I'm reading this correct. Myers has played 35 games in the NHl. Carter is a proven center in the NHL and has scored 46 goals and averaged over PPG. Above average in his own zone (way above IMO) and you don't think Myers should be included. I understand your fans love fest for him just as ours for Giroux but I'm sorry that makes no sense. Plus we need goal scoring, if we traded Carter it would include more offense and a couple prospects/picks coming back.
Myers is probably going to be the best defender in Sabres history. He is already our best defender and is contributing more offensively in his rookie year then probably 99% of hockey fans ever thought he would. Myers is 6'8" and a great skater. His potential is almost limitless. If you are talking Carter for Myers then I think that is fair in terms of value. Although I guarantee Darcy would reject that trade if it were offered.

Old
12-21-2009, 12:39 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Myers is probably going to be the best defender in Sabres history. He is already our best defender and is contributing more offensively in his rookie year then probably 99% of hockey fans ever thought he would. Myers is 6'8" and a great skater. His potential is almost limitless. If you are talking Carter for Myers then I think that is fair in terms of value. Although I guarantee Darcy would reject that trade if it were offered.
Talk about drinking the kool-aid.

Old
12-21-2009, 12:40 AM
ILuvLucic*

This guy has a major Myers boner. Don't mind him.

Old
12-21-2009, 12:49 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezia View Post
This guy has a major Myers boner. Don't mind him.
Hey, don't knock the love for Myers. He's going to be a special player.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 12:52 AM
ILuvLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Hey, don't knock the love for Myers. He's going to be a special player.
I am not knocking him at all. Envy is what I feel for Sabre fans as they have a great young defender on their hands. However, you have to put that love aside and look at a dealing between two teams objectively.

Old
12-21-2009, 01:01 AM
nEaLB4ZoD

Carter is not on the same level as the top forwards in the game and probably never will be. He is not Ovie, Crosby, Malkin, Thorton etc. He will never be able to effect a game the way a dominate defender can. If Myers reaches his potential that's what he will be. Besides Miller, Myers has been the number one reason for the Sabres turn around this season. In fact as a rookie Myers is having more of a positive impact on his team.

Old
12-21-2009, 01:02 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Carter is on the same level as the top forwards in the game and probably never will be. He is not Ovie, Crosby, Malkin, Thorton etc. He will never be able to effect a game the way a dominate defender can. If Myers reaches his potential that's what he will be. Besides Miller, Myers has been the number one reason for the Sabres turn around this season. In fact as a rookie Myers is having more of a positive impact on his team.
????

Old
12-21-2009, 01:05 AM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
????
You think one day Carter will be able to affect a game like Crosby or Ovie?

Old
12-21-2009, 01:06 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Carter is not on the same level as the top forwards in the game and probably never will be. He is not Ovie, Crosby, Malkin, Thorton etc. He will never be able to effect a game the way a dominate defender can. If Myers reaches his potential that's what he will be. Besides Miller, Myers has been the number one reason for the Sabres turn around this season. In fact as a rookie Myers is having more of a positive impact on his team.
So, what you're saying, is that Carter isn't on the same level as the super-stars in this league? Yeah, that's pretty fricking obvious. That's why they're the super-stars in this league after all.

You can't say with full confidence or certainty that Carter will never be able to dominate a game the way a dominant defender can. By saying so you're basically saying that you can predict the future.

We get it, Myers is worth more to the Sabres then he is in a trade. That's why you should keep him.

But don't pretend like Carter is some scrub or that Myers is a messiah sent down from heaven with limitless potential (the limitless potential is your actual words by the way). He's a prospect who's having a great rookie year. That's it. He has potential, granted.

EDIT: Saw your last post. So you're saying that Myers will be able to dominate the game the same way the superstars in the league can in the future, but Carter will never be able to? That's what you're saying? lol.

Old
12-21-2009, 01:08 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
You think one day Carter will be able to affect a game like Crosby or Ovie?
Not a chance, but read that sentence and you'll see it contradicts itself and makes no sense, hence the ????.

Old
12-21-2009, 01:08 AM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

Quote:
Yes carter is having a bad year, and he might not be at the level of a Ovechkin, Crosby,or Malkin, but he's on the next tier down. They aren't going to just give Carter away. If you want him, you will have to pay to get him. It isn't like that we have Mike Milbury as our G.M., but Homer is starting to be like him.

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Not a chance, but read that sentence and you'll see it contradicts itself and makes no sense, hence the ????.
Apparently he thinks that Malkin, Crosby, Thornton, and OV are the only top forwards in the league and the only forwards capable of dominating a game.

Old
12-21-2009, 01:12 AM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
So, what you're saying, is that Carter isn't on the same level as the super-stars in this league? Yeah, that's pretty fricking obvious. That's why they're the super-stars in this league after all.

You can't say with full confidence or certainty that Carter will never be able to dominate a game the way a dominant defender can. By saying so you're basically saying that you can predict the future.

We get it, Myers is worth more to the Sabres then he is in a trade. That's why you should keep him.

But don't pretend like Carter is some scrub or that Myers is a messiah sent down from heaven with limitless potential (the limitless potential is your actual words by the way). He's a prospect who's having a great rookie year. That's it. He has potential, granted.

EDIT: Saw your last post. So you're saying that Myers will be able to dominate the game the same way the superstars in the league can in the future, but Carter will never be able to? That's what you're saying? lol.
People are calling me out for saying Myers has equal value to Carter in a trade. I am defending that argument.

As far as your last question, that is not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is a great defender can effect the game more then a great forward can. If Myers and Carter are equal in talent I think Myers has more value because of his position. Did you get all that?

Old
12-21-2009, 01:13 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

LOL but Kovalchuk and Gaborik aren't either. But Tyler Myers can.

Old
12-21-2009, 01:16 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
People are calling me out for saying Myers has equal value to Carter in a trade. I am defending that argument.

As far as your last question, that is not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is a great defender can effect the game more then a great forward can. If Myers and Carter are equal in talent I think Myers has more value because of his position. Did you get all that?
Great forwards can dominate a game just as well as a great defender. Every game is different.

I got all of what you said. Please don't be condescending.

You're vastly overrating your own player/prospect. This is Myers first year. He's having a great rookie year, no doubt, but he hasn't proven anything yet. He doesn't even have half a season under his belt. To say that he has as much talent as a 46 goal scorer and PPG player is extremely bold to say the least.

Like I said before, Myers has more value to the Buffalo Sabres organization then he does in trade so you might as well keep him and shut up about it already.

Old
12-21-2009, 01:18 AM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
LOL but Kovalchuk and Gaborik aren't either. But Tyler Myers can.
Etc meant other players besides the ones I listed. I didn't think I needed to explain that. Apparently I need to list every player in the league on that level lol.

Last edited by Chainshot: 12-21-2009 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Flame bait