HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Atl-tor

Old
12-22-2009, 10:43 AM
dubey
Registered Genius

vCash: 500
Free agency ftw

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:43 AM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payinthedues View Post
Show me a valid "report".

I believe IK will re-sign in Atlanta for 9.5 to 10 mill.
Valid report was released this morning on TSN.

I didn't believe these rumors either, until i read the new news article.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:46 AM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adversary View Post
HAHAHAhAha!
he's probably right, unless we are willing to part ways with top end talent we arn't getting Kovy.

That being said i really dont think Kovy is a target of Burke's. The assests to trade for him and the money he wants would just set the leafs back another 2-4 years.

He's a great player and will yield a great return, just not from the leafs. Maybe the Wings make a push for him?

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Oh, thats a huge difference. So, instead of a 5% chance (i.e. a snowball's chance in H-E-double hockey sticks), they have a 7.9% chance (i.e. a snowball's chance in Texas, in the height of summer, in a sauna). Thats MUCH better....
Its why I say wait. Why trade assets away. Next season our chances of being in
the playoffs will be greatly improved, even more so with Ilya.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:51 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaVaHokie View Post
Futhermore... if you were teammates and really good friends with Antropov, and asked him for advise on which market to play in, do you think he'd recommend Toronto or would he recommend NYR?
Why would Antropov have any problems with Toronto or NY? He left NY for more money which is the same reason he was traded away from the leafs. Toronto was good to Antropov so I can't see any reason for him to say anything bad about it.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 12:45 PM
WithOutPaperss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
Yeah, they laugh and hang up on one of the few teams that can afford him. This is pure arrogance. ATL doesn't have a high chance of getting another Super Star for Kovi. He's a rent-a-player. The best that the Thrashers can get are a couple of roster players,prospects and draft picks.
Yeah, because if Malkin, Crosby, or Ovie were UFAs they would be worthless as well...not that I'm comparing Kovalchuk.

WithOutPaperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 01:58 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwortzman View Post
To Toronto

Ilya Kovalchuck (6.4)

To Atlanta

Alexai Ponikarovsky (2.105)
Kadri
Hagman (4)

why does Toronto do it? They get a Superstar player to play alongside with Kessel, a 45-50 goal 90-100 point guy.

Why does ATL do it? they get Poni who is a solid second line player capable of 65 points, (chemistry with Antropov) they also get a gritty winger who can easily eclipse 30 goals this season, and they get the leafs top prospect former 7th overall pick in kadri.
Kovy for Kadri, Schenn, Grabovski, 1st round pick.

John Cena* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 02:07 PM
califone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Why would Antropov have any problems with Toronto or NY? He left NY for more money which is the same reason he was traded away from the leafs. Toronto was good to Antropov so I can't see any reason for him to say anything bad about it.
Antro has also gone out of his way to compliment TO when asked in all interviews he has had as a Thrasher. He still has a house there and has said something along the lines of, "They just decided to go in a different direction." Either way, Kovy has stated he does not want to play in a hockey market wherein he is hounded by the media outside the arena and practice facility. He likes to keep family life and professional life separate. Toronto is not a good fit unless he is a rental. Why do the Laughs want a rental anyway?

califone is offline   Reply With Quote