HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jackets @ Coyotes (12/21/09)

Old
12-21-2009, 10:08 PM
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy

vCash: 500
Now 5-2..they keep getting quick goals to answer back. But now's the time to play our trap defensive game. Kill the clock.

DouX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 466
PB is a smart Carcillo when it comes to fights! Now if PB could up as many goals as Carcillo did in his 1st years with us then I will be over Carcillo being traded.
Note I'm glad Upshall is with us.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 10:10 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Columbus is sandbagging it to show up Hitchcock. I wouldn't look too much into it.
Well, I guess the French players are the only ones refusing to surrender, then. Hmmm...

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Talking about needing a coaching change....Jackets need one so bad...or they might lose Filatov.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Doan almost had a goal...

Old
12-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 466
Note the other Ohio team is owning the Suns tonight. As long as the Cavs win then the Coyotes will win.

I know that's evil.

5-2 Yotes Upshall get the hat trick!
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Beauty of a move by Korpedo.

Old
12-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Dont know about you guys but I would love Vermette on this team. With Jackets season basically down the crapper do you think we could land him with a package around Meuller?

Old
12-21-2009, 10:22 PM
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Dont know about you guys but I would love Vermette on this team. With Jackets season basically down the crapper do you think we could land him with a package around Meuller?
I want Rick Nash.

Old
12-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Haha say goodbye to Boedker Turris Tik Meuller to even get them to listen. I rather have Vermette...that'd be so sick....imagine Lombo Upshall Vemette....easily the fastest line in the NHL

Old
12-21-2009, 10:26 PM
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy

The way Doan, Lombo, and Upshall are playing I wouldn't touch that line for awhile.

Old
12-21-2009, 10:27 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Hanzal needs the empty netter. It'd complete the Gordie Howe hattrick.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 10:30 PM
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy

Good start to the home stand. That number 1 line played awesome, now I just need to see the highlights.

Old
12-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Not saying I would change but really Vermette would bring a nice weapon to this club. We dont have a dominate top line. We have speedy forecheckers that do everything they can to scrap for goals. Having a clear #1 would be nice. And at the expense of Meuller + I would do it in a heartbeat. Vermette is locked up long term and he could center a line around Doaner and others in the future.

Old
12-21-2009, 10:37 PM
52G228PIM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouXer4ouR View Post
I want Rick Nash.
Now THAT I could get on board with..

52G228PIM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52G228PIM View Post
Now THAT I could get on board with..
Lol Nash isnt going anywhere....He's there Captain and franchise player...thats like the Yotes trading Doan except Nash means more to them and is better.

Old
12-21-2009, 11:28 PM
60DegreesIsCold

It's really not the same listening to it on the radio.

I wanted Upshall to get the hattrick--he totally deserved it.

I loved Hanzal standing up for his teammate, and I would've loved it even if he would've totally gotten his ass kicked.

The chemistry on the Doan-Upshall-Lombardi line is fantastic. Actually, I like how all our lines are built. They play as a team and they work together to make things happen. I happened to catch the Flyers-Panthers game before this, and despite all the big names and 5 million dollar players, Philly vacuumed completely because they don't play together. At any given time, there were 5 individuals out there trying to do their own thing, not trusting their linemates. Our guys play as parts of the whole--part of the system, and it's made us an exponentially better team.

I love Dave Tippet, and I love Dave King, and I'm actually feeling like I may get to attend my first playoff games this year. It's so nice to not be shocked when we win.

60DegreesIsCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 11:29 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
How'd Biz do?
I thought he was great tonight. Personally I couldn't be more happy with an enforcer right now. Obviously playing with Winnik and Fiddler/Korpikoski is going to help you a lot. He just has to chip it to them and then they do their cycle thing. It's funny you can tell he's played defense before, he just kind of sits as a high forward and does a very good job of pinching in at the right time and jamming the puck further into the zone. Overall, I like his hockey sense and he does the little things well. Like chipping the puck forward, taking the body when he has the chance, resulting in turnovers. The good thing is I've never seen him to go out of his way to hit someone. I'm sure Tippett likes that as well. He's not a dirty player. He has shown respect for other players health by not slamming them to the ice, or continuously pounding on a player when he is cleary hurt. See Hanzal incident. I was in the camp that did not want an enforcer. As long as the coyotes still want to dress an enforcer, I'm fine with what he brings to table. Plus he gives funny interviews, and it seems like the players love him. My favorite enforcer since Gratton.

As for the game. After the beat down Hanzal took, it looked like Biz had some words with a few of the Columbus players. The ref quickly intervened, and the 2nd period was over soon after. Next shift he got, he tagged Brassard with a good hit, resulting in Biz's fight, also resulting in a PP for us. When Biz fought, it looked like Methot looked hurt/dazed and Biz allowed the refs to step in. I'm not sure that's what really happened, but that's what it looked like to me. Solid game, he does his part.

Great game by Upshall. Doan played much better tonight. Yandle pulled some really sick moves tonight. Korpikoski is showing more confidence with the puck, the Bj's announcer butchering his name was hilarious. I like where this teams headed, it seems like we're piecing it together slowly, but still winning the majority of our games in the process.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 11:29 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60DegreesIsCold View Post
It's so nice to not be shocked when we win.
I practically expect it now, It's kinda scary.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 11:31 PM
52G228PIM*

Quote:
Lol Nash isnt going anywhere....He's there Captain and franchise player...thats like the Yotes trading Doan except Nash means more to them and is better.

Not Nash specifically, but that type of contributor, otherwise just hold onto Pete..

52G228PIM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 12:08 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Another good win. Nice to see the offense wake up especially Doaner. Hopefully he can keep going.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 12:53 AM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
How'd Biz do?
You'd have been proud, RT. I saw a level of hockey smarts from Biz tonight that I did not know he had. He contributed in every zone, seemed focused, and never out of position.

In the 1st period (don't remember if it was 1-0 or 2-0 at that point) Roy tried to get him to go. Roy! Biz didn't bite, he skated back into the defensive zone and joined the play. Roy was obviously trying to get Biz to fight and get him off the ice. I was so impressed.

Late in the game we joked that if Biz can avoid the "Laraque shoots, he scores" syndrome (believing maybe he could be a scoring winger instead of a hockey-savvy goon), he'll have a job here for some time.

Very impressed tonight. The Winnik-Korpi-Biz line was great, and Korpi made a sick move in the 3rd. Not sure how many noticed it. But, if you Tivo'd or DVR'd, check it out. Kid is talented, needs some confidence.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 01:11 AM
RR

Quote:
Not saying I would change but really Vermette would bring a nice weapon to this club. We dont have a dominate top line. We have speedy forecheckers that do everything they can to scrap for goals. Having a clear #1 would be nice. And at the expense of Meuller + I would do it in a heartbeat. Vermette is locked up long term and he could center a line around Doaner and others in the future.
We might be in the minority, but I agree...to a point. His hit of $3.75M per for 5 years is not unreasonable for a two-way forward good for 40-50 points a year who is also a top face-off guy. But I'm liking Uppy-Lmobardi-Doan.

Perhaps winging Lang and Pyatt, and then centering next year. Definitely a Tippett guy. Solid at both ends, though inconsistent on offense. But Clb gave up LeClaire and a pick for him, so he wouldn't come cheap. But if the price was right, he'd be a great fit.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 02:02 AM
XX
He's a good guy

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 05:34 AM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Very impressed tonight. The Winnik-Korpi-Biz line was great, and Korpi made a sick move in the 3rd. Not sure how many noticed it. But, if you Tivo'd or DVR'd, check it out. Kid is talented, needs some confidence.
The guy has tried a couple of moves the last few games. I think he's getting a little more confidence. I think Maloney hit it on the head when we acquired. Worst case scenario he's a bottom 6 guy, but the best case scenario is that we have a top 6 guy that is very good defensively as well. I'm not sure if Lauri is going to put it together, but he certainly has the tools. I'm still waiting for that fifth gear he hasn't shown us yet, but I know he has it.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote