HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is our Best Player ?

Old
12-22-2009, 10:06 PM
zac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
Kane would miss the net
47 shots and two goals?? It's apparent everyone on this team misses the net.

When I said on his stick I didn't necessarily mean for scoring the goal, but creating the opportunity (whether it be by pass or shot) that ultimately gets the goal. When Kane has the puck he is the most effective at deking defenders, he is our best puck handler, our best passer, and one of the few guys that can finish.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:09 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
Nah I'm just bitter.

Kane's our best offensive weapon...his ability to break the trap and get into the zone is really impressive.

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:31 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
Nah I'm just bitter.

Kane's our best offensive weapon...his ability to break the trap and get into the zone is really impressive.
LOL. As I am too, obviously.

Old
12-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Dark Shadows

vCash: 72
Duncan Keith

Dark Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 12:31 PM
stingo

Keith.

Toews, a close second.

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Best player? Keith then Toews
Most talented player? Hossa or Kane.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 01:02 AM
massivegoonery

I really don't get what people see in Toews.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 06:14 AM
Cibbura

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
A terrific playmaker, worker and a huge help in the defensive zone.

Cibbura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 06:32 AM
BrightFutures

Quote:
This amazes me

BrightFutures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 03:35 PM
hawksfan50

IF the question was instead WHO IS OUR MOST RELIABLE PLAYER ? I wuld say HJalmarsson : Consistently Competes With Competence--you cannot say that about some of our BEST players:

- Kane can go invisible some nights -even nights he gets 3 pts in ! Other shifts he does nothing or is rendered futile in such games yet still pads his stats ...Kane has the 'talent" to get 3 pts on somne nights he doesn't bring his "A" game..Of course when he does bring his "A" game-you wonder WHY this an't be there more consistently-Of course if that were the case he'd be scoring at the pace he did in Jrs. We want him to be a 145 pts a year giuy-but alas the "A: games are ot that frequent enough to achieve that level--YET!

-Toews can have tons of energy,be impossible to get the puck off ,some nights--while the next night look like he has no energy and no legs --so that consistency
(or is it just conditioning) is an issue ...Good that he brings at least a "B" game most nights and that the "D" games are few -but still one hopes for more "A" games from him...Imagine how good ge could be if that were te case?

-Hossa -well so far we have not seen too many 'A" games ...more like B's and C's from him..hopefully better is to come.

Keith: He's producing more ffense this year-but at the sacrifice of defense (His +9 is now below Kane and campbell who are both +14...who would have believed that possible?

Seabrook: While he's stll +13--there are games he's lost focus and failed to pevent goals that should have been stopped...everyone gets beat sometimes so that's not the issue--its goals scored when focus is lost that I cannot abide.

Which is why I think Hjalmarsson's CONSISTENTLY COMPETANT games are so remarkable..he doesn't have the talent of our "BEST" players--but he is reliably "THERE" with his "A" game (the best he is capable of ) game to game ,shift to shift--remarkably consistent level of focus and competing.

hawksfan50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 04:23 PM
JUICEY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
IF the question was instead WHO IS OUR MOST RELIABLE PLAYER ? I wuld say HJalmarsson : Consistently Competes With Competence--you cannot say that about some of our BEST players:

- Kane can go invisible some nights -even nights he gets 3 pts in ! Other shifts he does nothing or is rendered futile in such games yet still pads his stats ...Kane has the 'talent" to get 3 pts on somne nights he doesn't bring his "A" game..Of course when he does bring his "A" game-you wonder WHY this an't be there more consistently-Of course if that were the case he'd be scoring at the pace he did in Jrs. We want him to be a 145 pts a year giuy-but alas the "A: games are ot that frequent enough to achieve that level--YET!

-Toews can have tons of energy,be impossible to get the puck off ,some nights--while the next night look like he has no energy and no legs --so that consistency
(or is it just conditioning) is an issue ...Good that he brings at least a "B" game most nights and that the "D" games are few -but still one hopes for more "A" games from him...Imagine how good ge could be if that were te case?

-Hossa -well so far we have not seen too many 'A" games ...more like B's and C's from him..hopefully better is to come.

Keith: He's producing more ffense this year-but at the sacrifice of defense (His +9 is now below Kane and campbell who are both +14...who would have believed that possible?

Seabrook: While he's stll +13--there are games he's lost focus and failed to pevent goals that should have been stopped...everyone gets beat sometimes so that's not the issue--its goals scored when focus is lost that I cannot abide.

Which is why I think Hjalmarsson's CONSISTENTLY COMPETANT games are so remarkable..he doesn't have the talent of our "BEST" players--but he is reliably "THERE" with his "A" game (the best he is capable of ) game to game ,shift to shift--remarkably consistent level of focus and competing.
I don't think you brought your "A" game for this post.

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 02:12 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Thanks for the insight, hawksfan50. I'm always so very pleased to see one of your posts.

Old
12-30-2009, 08:55 PM
zac

Quote:

The only "bad" games I've seen from hammer this year have been lately as he's battled the flu bug. Night in and night out he has the best stick (pokecheck), stretch passes, hits, and movement in the defensive zone of any of our players. His positioning is almost always top notch and he doesn't make mental mistakes.

If and once he is able to expand his offensive game I seriously think he has a chance to become this team's best defensemen. For him to be at this level, at this age, and with this much experience is scary. If only Barker was HALF as good as Nik.

BTW, as good as Keith is he's had some REALLY BAD games this year. As others have said, Campbell has even been more consistent on a nightly basis (no spin-o-rama biffs that I can recall either )

Old
12-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 10:34 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Kane.

No elite team stays in the upper echelon without a top scorer and Kane without a doubt is the Hawks #1.

Hes currently T8th in points with 44. He should have at least 5 more assists if the Hawks (burph Sharp and others) could bury their chances like they're supposed to. That would have given him 49 and T3 overall.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 11:02 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
The only "bad" games I've seen from hammer this year have been lately as he's battled the flu bug. Night in and night out he has the best stick (pokecheck), stretch passes, hits, and movement in the defensive zone of any of our players. His positioning is almost always top notch and he doesn't make mental mistakes.

If and once he is able to expand his offensive game I seriously think he has a chance to become this team's best defensemen. For him to be at this level, at this age, and with this much experience is scary. If only Barker was HALF as good as Nik.

BTW, as good as Keith is he's had some REALLY BAD games this year. As others have said, Campbell has even been more consistent on a nightly basis (no spin-o-rama biffs that I can recall either )
Ahh, you gotta love the "new car smell" of smooth young defensemen. Of course he doesn't make mistakes, he starts making them after he signs a $3 million / year contract, when expectations are higher. Or when he starts getting matched up against the opposition's top line.

Anyways, I disagree with most everything in this post. Keith has a much better stick, stretch passes, d-zone movement, Seabrook hits better. Keith has had a handful of bad giveaways over the year but he's trying to accomplish tougher passes regularly. He's the guy that sets up the twice nightly breakaway that Sharp misses on (or Hossa spins his way out of). Hammer safely bounces it off the boards up ice.

He had a rough patch right after his contract was signed but, even then, he was still playing like the best d-man on the team.

Old
12-30-2009, 11:05 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
What I meant was that I don't get how people could watch the Hawks all season and even consider putting him (or Hossa) on a tier with Keith or Kane.

Old
12-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Blackwater13*

Quote:
Ummmmmmm.........................

Quote:

You really are a fool. Who was the last guy that got 145pts in the NHL?

For those reading this keep in mind this was authored by the same guy who created a thread on another forum complaining about how the Hawks draft position was getting worse with each playoff round they advanced.

Blackwater13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawkeye View Post
As we have seen already, without Hossa and/or Toews the 'Hawks did not appear to miss a beat
The Hawks went 3-3 (not counting the Vancouver loss where he went down) without Toews. Upon his return they went on an eight-game winning streak. I don't think that's a coincidence. The same very well may happen if Kane or Keith left the lineup for that long of a period, but it's very clear this is a very different team without their captain in the lineup. As has been said, "best" player is a pretty broad term and it's a nice luxury to actually be able to name so many players that could fit the bill, but I still contend that Toews is the "straw that stirs the drink", if you will, on this team.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 10:35 AM
Hal Incandenza

The best player is definitely Duncan Keith.

Hal Incandenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 04:21 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
The best player is definitely Duncan Keith.
This I agree with.

As an aside, Hal, I just finished Infinite Jest. About halfway through, I gave up on the endnotes - do you think it's worth rereading it with the endnotes?

Old
12-31-2009, 04:34 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwater13 View Post

For those reading this keep in mind this was authored by the same guy who created a thread on another forum complaining about how the Hawks draft position was getting worse with each playoff round they advanced.
I read that too on the offical Hawks message boards

Old
12-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Hawksfan12*

Keith I think; Seabs is underrated, and does a lot of dirty work; Toews is the straw that stirs the drink;Kane is the elite scorer; Hossa is the 2 way Sniper.

Old
01-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Blackwater13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwater13 View Post

http://www.bov.ch/hockey/fscorers.html

Just to further compound your foolishness I went and checked and you have to go all the way back to IMO the last really good to great offensive season of 95-96 to unearth a 145pt player. That season there were two - Lemieux and Jagr.

Also looking at some of those scoring leaders I have to scratch my head and say holy ****. Cory Stillman was 8th in the league in scoring in 03-04.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
I read that too on the offical Hawks message boards
Yeah, he got blasted and rightfully so.

Blackwater13* is offline   Reply With Quote