HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/21/09 (Patching the artwork #2) Montréal @ Atlanta 7:00PM RDS (HD)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-21-2009, 04:38 PM
  #51
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Goalies who get shutouts, especially in the 40 save variety, tend to get rewarded with another start. This is nothing that out of the ordinary.
Honestly people need to stop looking at shots because out of those 40 shots maybe 10-15 where real scoring chances the rest where just routine saves.

scottyG is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  #52
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut
 
Galchenyuk27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,300
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Actually, Pouliot has 2 goals 2 assists
I don't believe he's playing.

I would bet on 3-1 Habs,

Bergeron, Cammalleri, and Lapierre.

Galchenyuk27 is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 04:41 PM
  #53
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Price should be in net. Halak sucks.
Halak on the 2nd PP unit

Metro-Gomez-Halak
Gorges-Spacek

JackZap is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 04:42 PM
  #54
usernam
Registered User
 
usernam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Honestly people need to stop looking at shots because out of those 40 shots maybe 10-15 where real scoring chances the rest where just routine saves.
He also literally stole 2 or 3 goals with highlight reel saves.

usernam is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 04:44 PM
  #55
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
He also literally stole 2 or 3 goals with highlight reel saves.
Agreed, Jaro was great that game and im a Price guy. Deserves this start and if they win 2nite he should start in Carolina

JackZap is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 04:49 PM
  #56
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,492
vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Agreed, Jaro was great that game and im a Price guy. Deserves this start and if they win 2nite he should start in Carolina
What if they win 10-9, with Atlanta only shooting 9 times?!?!?

But yes, you go with the hot hand.

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 04:51 PM
  #57
BadHabit
Registered User
 
BadHabit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Honestly people need to stop looking at shots because out of those 40 shots maybe 10-15 where real scoring chances the rest where just routine saves.
At LEAST 3 of those scoring chances were stopped by massive saves from Halak. And even if had let in one or two of those, the momentum in the game could've shifted dramatically. Big saves like that really fire a team up and make all the difference in the world.

Secondly, sometimes the shots from the outside are just as dangerous - the goalie still has to stop all of them. Take for instance the shot OVER the net that went off of Price's glove and into the net. Should've stopped it, seemingly harmless shot right? Well it works that way with Halak too.

Not saying that Halak is better than Price and should be our number one, but he played well last game whether you can see it or not, and he deserves the start no matter who our number one is.

BadHabit is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 05:01 PM
  #58
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
What if they win 10-9, with Atlanta only shooting 9 times?!?!?

But yes, you go with the hot hand.
If Kovalchuk gets 9 pts,that would be really great for my pool and the Habs get the 2 pts

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 05:02 PM
  #59
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
At LEAST 3 of those scoring chances were stopped by massive saves from Halak. And even if had let in one or two of those, the momentum in the game could've shifted dramatically. Big saves like that really fire a team up and make all the difference in the world.

Secondly, sometimes the shots from the outside are just as dangerous - the goalie still has to stop all of them. Take for instance the shot OVER the net that went off of Price's glove and into the net. Should've stopped it, seemingly harmless shot right? Well it works that way with Halak too.

Not saying that Halak is better than Price and should be our number one, but he played well last game whether you can see it or not, and he deserves the start no matter who our number one is.
What im saying is the Canadiens need to make a decision to whether Price is their number one or not because this way Price isn't your number one.

scottyG is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 05:13 PM
  #60
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Agreed, Jaro was great that game and im a Price guy. Deserves this start and if they win 2nite he should start in Carolina
This start has nothing to do with deserving, it is showcasing plain and simple. Good for halak though, i hope he plays well and gets sent to a great team in the west.

overlords is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 05:14 PM
  #61
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
What im saying is the Canadiens need to make a decision to whether Price is their number one or not because this way Price isn't your number one.
only an idiot would wanna trade away price.. gainey wont trade price and thats the right move

saints96 is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 05:17 PM
  #62
Moen in Glory
Sidebar is coming
 
Moen in Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 4,390
vCash: 500
4/2 Habs

Edit: Oops, wrong thread, I thought we were talking about tonight's game. My bad.







Moen in Glory is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 05:21 PM
  #63
CuteHockeyBunny
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Brunet View Post
really?

It's amazing how quick fans are quick to forget that Price has basically saved our ***** for 1 month now after a Halak shutout
I was backing both goalies. I like them both equally.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 05:29 PM
  #64
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,197
vCash: 50
I'm a Price fan, but after getting a shutout last game, I say Halak deserves to start tonight. Whether or not Price is better is irrelevant to who should be playing tonight.

Theosis is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 05:38 PM
  #65
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
This start has nothing to do with deserving, it is showcasing plain and simple. Good for halak though, i hope he plays well and gets sent to a great team in the west.
Showcasing Halak, 1-day into the trade freeze?

This start is 100% because he deserved it.

Price, 95% because of the team in front of him, has lost 4-games straight. If Halak can put together a winning streak, good for us. Then if Price can put one together, even better. So on and so forth.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 05:41 PM
  #66
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Showcasing Halak, 1-day into the trade freeze?

This start is 100% because he deserved it.

Price, 95% because of the team in front of him, has lost 4-games straight. If Halak can put together a winning streak, good for us. Then if Price can put one together, even better. So on and so forth.
Post of the year!

JGRB is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 05:44 PM
  #67
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
that's not the gif we expect from you
Sigh, fine.. changed it back to the old one

Habs is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 06:01 PM
  #68
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Post of the year!
Sarcasm?

I guess I was bashing Price by saying he was 5% responsible in losing during some point of those 4-games. Sorry, sorry.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 06:07 PM
  #69
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,394
vCash: 500
4-3 Mtl

Chris Cutter is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 06:08 PM
  #70
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,386
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
lol soooooo did michel bergeron just give us his picks for....saturday..? lol

Redux91 is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 06:09 PM
  #71
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,197
vCash: 50
Took a long time before the game stopped

Theosis is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 06:11 PM
  #72
Ncrdrg
 
Ncrdrg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brossard, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
LOL, forgetting to turn off his cell during the game.
His daughter is totally going to make fun of him for that.

Ncrdrg is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 06:11 PM
  #73
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,265
vCash: 500
Long distance call for Pierre.

HH is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 06:12 PM
  #74
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,323
vCash: 500
damn thats a lot of empty seats

Kirk Muller is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 06:12 PM
  #75
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,197
vCash: 50
How many people attending this game? Like 1000? If not less.

Theosis is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.