HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should Cammy Stay With Akost And Pleks Or Go With Gomez/Gionta When He Comes Back?

View Poll Results: Should The Lines Be?
Cammy-Pleks-Akost 117 90.70%
Cammy-Gomez-Gionta 12 9.30%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-21-2009, 06:36 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 500
Should Cammy Stay With Akost And Pleks Or Go With Gomez/Gionta When He Comes Back?

Discuss...

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
sergei must play with akost and pleks

cammy back with gomez and gionta is not a bad idea, we kept whining how we only had had 1 decent line when they were all on the same line and lookin GOOD, i say go back to that and balance out the 2 lines

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Whatever happens, we need two solid first lines. So it matters very little what our line looks like, but we need secondary scoring.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 07:00 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Cammy has had chemistry with everyone he has played with. We know Gionta needs to be with Gomezfor boths sake, and we know that AK has always had crazy chemistry with pleks. Put the Bros with Pleks, and reunite the smurf line:

Cammy-Gomez-Gionta
SKostitsyn-Plekanec-AKostitsyn
Pacioretty-Metropolit-Moen
Bergeron-Lapierre-Pouliot/Laraque

If we could get both those top 2 lines going we'd have a chance to be one of the best teams in the league IMO...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Lizard King*

Don't disrupt the chemistry. I mean they're our best players, Akost has finally woken up, Plekanec is going to have a career year, Cammy just complements them nicely. Gomez Gionta need to be together so keep them together. Cammy and Gionta can both score so we should distribute their scoring capabilities between the both lines. Having 2 snipers on the same line is useless because you only need one. Sure it leaves Gomez two options but I'd rather there be a nice 2 lines so we can keep the threat going after one line is done their shift.

Lizard King* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Kirk Muller

Cammy's has been much much more productive with Plekanec then he was Gomez. Keep him away from the black hole that is Scott Gomez.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:24 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Cammy's has been much much more productive with Plekanec then he was Gomez. Keep him away from the black hole that is Scott Gomez.
I agree completely.

Last year D'Ago scored at a pace that would have given him 23 goals in 82 games, Sergie scored at a pace that would have given him 12 goals in 82 games. That would be a combined 35 goals from the two wingers over the course of 82 games.

This year, with Gomez as their center they are on pace for a combined 5 goals in 82 games. Their goals per game production has decreased with Gomez.

It is not all the fault of the wingers. Maybe the Martin system also has something to do with it but no matter how you slice it, playing with Gomez has not made these wingers better. They have regressed with Gomez or the Martin system, take your pick.

Something is wrong with this picture.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:30 PM
FeelsLike93

The only reason we couldn't keep the smurf line together earlier in the season is because

1. We didnt have sergei kostitsyn to help with secondary scoring
2. Andrei Kostitsyn wasn't playing like he is now he was just floating around

but now we can reunite the gionta-gomez-cammy line as a solid first line, there speed alone creates many opportunities let alone there talent, then we can have pleks with the 2 kostitsyns on the second line n try that out.. IMO i think we'd be pretty productive that way

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Natural Habs Fan

Cammy-Pleks-AKost
Gionta-Gomez-Pouliot

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Darth Joker

This is the best that Pleks and AKost have ever looked.

Right now, the Pleks/Akost/Cammy line is the best 1st line we've had in well over a decade. Almost every night this line does something for us, and many nights they account for two or more goals.

So, I'd definitely keep them together.

Gomez and Gionta have their own chemistry together. The key for them is to have a smart winger on with them that can add some size to their line and compliment what they bring. Pouliot and Patches look like the best options right now. I definitely want to see Pouliot tried on the 2nd line ASAP as nothing we've tried there has worked yet.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:31 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Gomez is a complete offensive Blackhole Too many turnovers!

I say pair him with Gionta (Obviously) and Pouliot or Kostitsyn... JUST NOT D'AGOSTINI!!!!1one

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:32 PM
MTL-rules

The question should be "will Cammy be lucky enough to stay with Plekanec"?

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:35 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub City Hab View Post
I agree completely.

Last year D'Ago scored at a pace that would have given him 23 goals in 82 games, Sergie scored at a pace that would have given him 12 goals in 82 games. That would be a combined 35 goals from the two wingers over the course of 82 games.

This year, with Gomez as their center they are on pace for a combined 5 goals in 82 games. Their goals per game production has decreased with Gomez.

It is not all the fault of the wingers. Maybe the Martin system also has something to do with it but no matter how you slice it, playing with Gomez has not made these wingers better. They have regressed with Gomez or the Martin system, take your pick.

Something is wrong with this picture.
It's elementary line dynamics. You have two playmakers trying to make something happen and you have D'Ago whose been struggling since last season. Seriously, do you even notice him on the ice? I definately see Gomez, I see Sergei, I barely see Dags. It's a two man playmaking line.

I'd like to see Markov-Spacek get behind this line once in a while to give them a little boost. Playing with Georges and Gill, not really helping the cause. Once Hammer and Gio returns, we should have 2 productive lines rolling. I hope Pouliot works out.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:35 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Is this a serious question?

Honestly, this line is too gangsta to be broken up.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Stradale

At this point, Pouliot will come back before Gionta.

I hope we see Sergei-Gomez-Pouliot.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:42 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Is this a serious question?

Honestly, this line is too gangsta to be broken up.
Serious though That line oozes pure swag!

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Lucius

You gotta keep that line together. No reason to break it up.

That said, whenever they do cool off, I'd love to see a brother line. Sergei Kostitsyn showed offensive energy like he never had since the first few games back tonight in that 10 seconds he was on with his brother. They nearly scored, drew a penalty and we won as result.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Right now you can't touch that line,also Gionta will be the goal scorer on the other line and we will be fine

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:49 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
This is the best that Pleks and AKost have ever looked.

Right now, the Pleks/Akost/Cammy line is the best 1st line we've had in well over a decade.
Almost every night this line does something for us, and many nights they account for two or more goals.
I'd say they are about at par or slightly better then the ATAK line two years ago. Time will tell if they can keep it up, but we too often forget how great that line was two years ago. It was SMOKING.

I like Cammalleri more then Kovalev though (and I *loved* Kovalev). Andrei playing RW is a good sight. Plekanec's is playing better. So I think I give them the slight edge.

Old
12-21-2009, 09:50 PM
snakeye

I'd try Cammalleri with Gomez and Gionta if Plekanec wasn't UFA, but you gotta keep the gansta happy, so Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn FTW.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I'd say they are about at par or slightly better then the ATAK line two years ago. Time will tell if they can keep it up, but we too often forget how great that line was two years ago. It was SMOKING.

I like Cammalleri more then Kovalev though (and I *loved* Kovalev). Andrei playing RW is a good sight. Plekanec's is playing better. So I think I give them the slight edge.
That line was awesome, but they were largely a power play unit. It may be faulty memory, but I don't remember them creating that kind of havoc 5 on 5. At least not as a unit. Sometimes Kovalev did alone.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:56 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
That line was awesome, but they were largely a power play unit. It may be faulty memory, but I don't remember them creating that kind of havoc 5 on 5. At least not as a unit. Sometimes Kovalev did alone.
It would be interesting to see how they stack up.

The past couple games though, the CPK line as I call them have been a bit of a product of the PP too... But they are clearly a better line 5-on-5 then the ATAK line was.

Old
12-21-2009, 11:17 PM
dre2112

I swear, people have tunnel vision. Both Cammalleri and Gionta were pretty underwhelming when paired with Gomez.

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 11:24 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2112 View Post
I swear, people have tunnel vision. Both Cammalleri and Gionta were pretty underwhelming when paired with Gomez.
What? I even think they were generating more chances at 5 on 5 than the current Cam-Plek-Andrei line. They dominated and we were raving about it. The difference is they couldn't bury their chances while this 1st line formation have been very opportunistic.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

vCash: 905
Keep Cam with Pleks and AK, they're just too good together... Gionta will probably help Gomez get out of his funk, and then we'll see who between SK and Pouliot will fill in the best.

Vasculio is online now   Reply With Quote