HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008 Draft will define this team.

Old
12-21-2009, 11:24 PM
Garfinkel1

vCash: 500
2008 Draft will define this team.

Two potential 1st line players with a good chance of being solid top 6 forwards.
One potential top O-defender with a great chance a 4 defender, Already a PP QB.... All before the age of 20. Scary.
All three have a small chance of becoming superstars.

1st round. 20th pick. - NYR select Michael Del Zotto
-His potential is through the roof. Most promising player we drafted since Staal/Henrik. Has the potential to be one of the leagues premier PP men and an outstanding Offensive D-man. A HOT commodity in today's NHL.
2nd round. 51st pick. - NYR select Derek Stepan
-Tore it up his rookie year in college. He can play in ALL situations and has 1st line potential written all over him. If his development continues we could have quite a tangent of Stepan/AA/Dubi up the middle for MANY years
3rd round. 75th pick. - NYR select Evgeny Grachev
-I think we all know about Grachev who at one point was seen as our next superstar. He has the size, the hands and the offensive awareness to be a major threat in the NHL. Another player with the potential to be a top line guy. Is going to be quite the game-breaker imo. Only time will tell....
3rd round. 90th pick. - Tomas Kundratek
I don't know much about this man other than he has good potential in NHL 10 . His numbers are pretty decent but I do not see a future for him in the Rangers organization unless he develops passed expectations. It looks he will turn into a solid trading chip that would at least garner the 3rd rounder we spent on him.

The 2006 draft deserves some credit as well. It hurts to look back at our drafting prior and just wishing you could go back in time and pick someone else.
2006 Draft
1st round. 21st pick - NYR select Bobby Sanguinetti
-We saw him a few times this season. He seems to be pretty solid playing in his first stint in the NHL. He shows promise and although not as offensively gifted as DZ, he does seem to show much more confidence in his own zone and his play reflects that. I would say his potential is a top 4 with his ceiling reaching that of a top 2 guy.
2nd round. 51st pick. - NYR select Artem Amsinov
-I don't think an explanation is needed for this Russian player. Was top 10 in points in the AHL as a 20 year old and already making a huge impact on this years club. At times he shows he can be a number one center and as he continues to develop I expect him to be one.
hypothetical 3 years from now if all our prospects pan out
Top 6
Grachev-AA-Gaborik
Dubi-Stepan-??(Cherpanov )
D:Top 4
MDZ-Staal
Gilroy-Sanguinetti
(This really gives us hope for the future. Pray to the hockey gods for helping us out in the 2008 draft and pray the players develop into the players they can be. God, this team would be dirty in a few years if Cherp was around.)

P.S - *Warning*:The 2004/2003 1st round picks will make you cry when you see what could have been.
P.P.S - Someone has a real sense of humor...in the 8th round, the Rangers select superstar... (The yellow box means superstar) [Other players listed as superstars, Bouwmeester, Nash]

Last edited by Garfinkel1: 12-21-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 11:55 PM
chip chipperson*

im convinced sanguinetti will be traded. and your point about kundratek having potential in nhl 10 could have been left out

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 11:58 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
im convinced sanguinetti will be traded. and your point about kundratek having potential in nhl 10 could have been left out
It was a joke

Old
12-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I clicked on this thinking I will agree with you on this, but I think you are being too optimistic.

That said, I do think the 2008 draft might be defining for the team's next 15 years.

Also, you missed Dale Weise. He will likely get more than 50 points as a 21-year-old in the AHL. That's quite an accomplishment at his age for someone who's also big and good defensively.

Next year Weise will be on the first line in Hartford and should get point per game. The guy has real potential to be at least a third liner. I really like him a lot.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 06:14 AM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
I clicked on this thinking I will agree with you on this, but I think you are being too optimistic.

That said, I do think the 2008 draft might be defining for the team's next 15 years.

Also, you missed Dale Weise. He will likely get more than 50 points as a 21-year-old in the AHL. That's quite an accomplishment at his age for someone who's also big and good defensively.

Next year Weise will be on the first line in Hartford and should get point per game. The guy has real potential to be at least a third liner. I really like him a lot.
Interesting. sounds like some great news. It could turn out to be the best draft this team has had this decade. (not saying much)

Old
12-22-2009, 08:38 AM
bumrusherer

Not sure if it will define the team because there will always be drafts and good players available within them ( Its not like we are relying on a overall #1 pick to take us forward ). But yes, it would be nice to get all of those guys playing at the level we hope they can play at.

Got to give the club some credit for stockpiling a lot of talent.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 06:06 PM
ck20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
don't need more of these, sorry. we have a team full of "at least a third liner"s.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 06:14 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
don't need more of these, sorry. we have a team full of "at least a third liner"s.
the difference being he wont be getting 3m+ per year

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
Yeah. It's all about getting your bang for the buck...

Old
12-22-2009, 09:15 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
or 7+ million

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
Interesting. sounds like some great news. It could turn out to be the best draft this team has had this decade. (not saying much)
... or last decade.

Old
12-22-2009, 11:07 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
or 7+ million
haha

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:26 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
You always need players. If there are too many of them, you can package them. We can do Matteau+Noonan for Amonte in reverse.

When we had too many offensive defensemen in 1993 (Leetch, Zubov, Patrick), we traded one of them along with Turkey for Larmer and Kypreos (and minor leaguer Barry Richter).

Any time you have too much of something, you can make a trade. Yes, we definitely need Weise.

Plus, he could potentially be a second liner. Maybe not a top-shelf second liner, but someone who's borderline second-third like Avery. (Quality-wise, not style.)