HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thanks from the Leafsfans

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2004, 01:45 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Thanks from the Leafsfans

The class you guys have showed Leetch after he was traded and the support most of you have shown Toronto has really given me a new respect of New York Fans.

Our 2 teams have alot in common, long stanley cup droughts, picked on for not being a poor team and enjoy giving the fans some star players to watch and most of all making lots of $$$

I really hope your rebuilding process is fast and you guys climb back to where you belong in a couple of years.

I had wanted Leetch to be a Leaf for 2 years now and others would be like "hes too old" "he sucks now" or the infamous "he is SO overated"

Leetch is a godsend to us long starving Leaf fans and I hope if we are lucky enough to win the cup the Ranger fans enjoy it a little bit too. As we wouldn't have been able to do it without Leetch

Old
04-18-2004, 02:53 AM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSatan666
I had wanted Leetch to be a Leaf for 2 years now and others would be like "hes too old" "he sucks now" or the infamous "he is SO overated"
They're all eating their words now, huh? Like I knew every person who's said that in the past few years would be.

Old
04-18-2004, 08:11 AM
charliemurphy

Don't get used to the idea of seeing Leetchie in a Maple Leaf sweater. Brian will be back and have his number retired, remembered, and hung from the roof of the Garden.
I still can't believe Brian Leetch was traded.
Kondratiev/Immonen/1st rounder 04'/2nd rounder 05'

Old
04-18-2004, 07:30 PM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
I still can't believe Brian Leetch was traded.
Even though I don't get quite as upset as I did for a while after it happened, I still can't believe it either.

Old
04-18-2004, 07:35 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Watching him play of the Leafs, I think he should shoot a lot more. He defers too much to other Vets on the Leafs like McCabe, espeically on the PP. I mean he is a nice passer and all, but SHOOT THE PUCK!!!

Old
04-18-2004, 09:42 PM
Skroob*

Leetch, after playing much of the season on a crappy team, and having to deal with playing on a new team for the first time in his career, he STILL managed to rank 7th in D-men scoring, really only 3 assists from the #2 spot. On top of that, he was a + player, and only two players of the 6 that finished higher than him in points were + players as well. But yeah, hes washed up.

Closed Thread